• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezcake

FIVE ping?! do you play at Valve HQ?

i always ping 60 ms to valve servers. i'd probably be able to get eagle with 5 ping :p

mSpgMgF.jpg

The benefits of fibre to the home haha

cheezcake

Cheats aren't that much bro. I heard some guy saying his cost $80. They'll think a lot less about cheating if every time they're caught it costs $50 instead of $3.75-15.

I don't see why the casual can't be free and the competitive costs money. They have good reasoning for it. Could even use the extra money for better servers and further anti-cheat protection.

I still think the best thing they could do is make people play a set amount of casual before they're allowed in competitive. Like how it works in dota.

I still think the best thing they could do is make people play a set amount of casual before they're allowed in competitive. Like how it works in dota.

I think probably the best solution is to let the unranked competitive player to play with other unranked first rather than mixing them with ranked

All I want is unranked competitive rules play. So often I want to try out new strats and throws in a match setting without fucking over my team.

Haroon

really? is aim hack or wall hack more prominent in this game?

People use both. There are various types of aim hacks for this game. The ones that you will see being used the most are trigger bots, smooth aimbots, and regular aimbots.

The trigger bot only fires your weapon automatically when you're aiming on the enemy. So, it depends on you to aim at the enemy for it work properly.

The smooth aimbots basically aim for you, and shoot for you as well. All you need to do is click the mouse button. You can customize them by disabling the shooting part so that it only aims for you, but you need to manually begin shooting.

The regular aimbot pretty much a rage type of thing in which you give almost complete control to your aimbot so, it does the aiming and shooting for you. All you need to do is run around, and press your fire button.

I am sure that I have missed some of other ones like external hacks which can be included within your hardware such as mouse, or keyboard, but I don't have enough knowledge about them to go into further detail.

Edit: I thought that I should include this well. When you're watching someone, always take note on how they play because at times you will notice that the player is pausing at random moments during the game (usually when there is no enemy near them), and then they resume their play again. If they do this very often during the game, it generally indicates that their tweaking their cheat settings to turn certain features off, or on.

People use both. There are various types of aim hacks for this game. The ones that you will see being used the most are trigger bots, smooth aimbots, and regular aimbots.

The trigger bot only fires your weapon automatically when you're aiming on the enemy. So, it depends on you to aim at the enemy for it work properly.

The smooth aimbots basically aim for you, and shoot for you as well. All you need to do is click the mouse button. You can customize them by disabling the shooting part so that it only aims for you, but you need to manually begin shooting.

The regular aimbot pretty much a rage type of thing in which you give almost complete control to your aimbot so, it does the aiming and shooting for you. All you need to do is run around, and press your fire button.

I am sure that I have missed some of other ones like external hacks which can be included within your hardware such as mouse, or keyboard, but I don't have enough knowledge about them to go into further detail.

Edit: I thought that I should include this well. When you're watching someone, always take note on how they play because at times you will notice that the player is pausing at random moments during the game (usually when there is no enemy near them), and then they resume their play again. If they do this very often during the game, it generally indicates that their tweaking their cheat settings to turn certain features off, or on.

wow this is my first time knowing that these kind of cheats exist, thank you for the amazing explanation, certainly opened my mind about how the whole cheating system works, I thought aimbot no longer exist in cs go just like maphack no longer exist in dota 2

Atsuo is indeed a beast. No game for me tomorrow though, got an exam on Thursday. We are generally around Nova range, we play against AKs because Atsuo carries us. We hold our own at times though.

impact

Banned
I think I'm going to play on ESEA from now on. I suck, but eh I think it'll be a better experience overall. I'll just play support for the people I end up playing with. :3
That's what I've been doing man. I hate the .stats try hards but it's better than cheating pieces of shit ruining every MM.

Plus it's awesome when you wrek the other team then they .stats you and tell you you're a lucky scrub Omg killed by 10 rws shitty do it on lan :qq

Here's mine if any of you other guys play too
http://play.esea.net/users/226613

I see u atsou. Lurkin

Mokoi

Banned
I'll sign up tomorrow since I won't have any classes till friday, so I'll have time to try it out. Well to be correct I mean later today. I should go sleep already.

MG2. Though I rarely get invited to the fun. My russian name puts everyone off I guess. Though I am 4/4 when playing with gaffers.

I'm glad we won that game a while back. Had been losing before that game, and you surely do know how to hold down b site all by yourself. lol

Omega

Banned
does surrendering do anything to your rank?

made a dude rage quit and the other team surrendered. just wondering if i benefit from this

cheezcake

does surrendering do anything to your rank?

made a dude rage quit and the other team surrendered. just wondering if i benefit from this

I think I read somewhere that it counts as two losses if you're the team who surrenders, not sure about the winners though

CoolS

14 shots is plenty to kill 2-3 guys. I guess I mistaken weapon switching for reload, but yeah. 14 shots is plenty in my opinion, then again I'm being quite harsh.

He would have run out of bullets on the last spray, so reloading definitely was the right choice. We could argue about the quality of that spray, but that's a whole other topic (mine probably would have looked the same :D)

Shadownet

Banned
14 shots is plenty to kill 2-3 guys. I guess I mistaken weapon switching for reload, but yeah. 14 shots is plenty in my opinion, then again I'm being quite harsh.
You're probably at a higher skill level than me. But 14 bullets won't be anough for me to kill 2-3 guys most of the time. I'm not good enough to one bullet to the head like a semi pro. So a spray is all I could do..

He would have run out of bullets on the last spray, so reloading definitely was the right choice. We could argue about the quality of that spray, but that's a whole other topic (mine probably would have looked the same :D)
Yeah that last spray wasn't pretty, but my heart was jumping out of my chest. I knew I couldn't afford to try and land headshot. He had an awp, I wanted to spray and kill him as quickly as possible before he get off a shot.

Yeah the spray could be a lot better. Certainly isn't one of my best. But it did the job and for someone at my skill level. I'm content. (nova 1)

Edit: holy shit omega that was beautiful. Much props!

CoolS

No need to defend yourself, I'm Nova 2, and while I would have tried to tap him at first I probably would have gone into spraymode as well, only to fail ^^

Perhaps you can practice on spraying. There is always room for improvement on spraying. Although there is rng on the spray pattern, you can still minimize that with practice. I'm trying to get my spray pattern down to the point where it's pure muscle memory when I drag down my mouse.

Spraying is better then a bunch of rapid uneven taps though. That throws shots all over the place.

That video, I really need to practice with the p250, I'm garbage with that weapon.

Just giving constructive criticism. If we're going to face off against a lot of AKs with Atsuo, we will certainly improve with criticism. I feel like Atsuo's criticism is helping out plenty. I was always lacking on the strategy side of this game since I'm mostly lone wolf. I need to work on my calls as well.

Shadownet

Banned
Yes of course. There is always room to improve with spraying. I recently started to use the AK more. After not liking it at all since the beginning. But animlboogy told me to try it again and keep urging me to.

I'm getting the hang of it the more I use it. Though I gotta definitely practice those long distance one, two tap.

Those are probably the hardest for me.

For 2 bullet bursting, you don't need to do much. The grouping for Ak 2 burst is pretty close. It starts jumping up at the third bullet. The biggest jump in recoil comes from the 5th shot I think.

Omega

Banned
@Shadow

Thanks. also getting those one taps or quick kills doesn't really have anything to do with skill. It's more about crosshair placement. You (and everyone else we play with) tend to have the crosshair at chest level.

I don't say anything because half the time for some reason I'm bottom fragging at nova.
can't really tell someone how to improve when you can't even smurf properly

I disagree, crosshair placement is skill. That is aiming after all. Knowing when to shoot is also a skill because if you shoot before you slow down to a certain point the bullets would veer off from the trajectory.

Omega

Banned
I was mainly just looking at crosshair placement being more of a knowledge thing and something you'll eventually learn over time. Aiming where the enemy's head is most likely going to be instead of trying to react to it (which is usually what people mean when they mention skill)

The knowing how and when to shoot part i agree with though

Ensirius

I cannot stress how important it is to "pre place" your cross hair always at headshot level. It made my game improve tremendously.

Obviously it's unrealistic since I just brainstormed it from my computer lol. We can both agree though that such a price increase would lower the amount of new accounts that are used to blatantly cheat. Plus the extra money could be used to further increase the quality of the game. Stopping the sales should be the least that they do to discourage people from hording accounts.

Yea I see the point you're making but there's no practical solution to fix cheating now. Like someone said, maybe they can try it with the next version of the game but that isn't coming anytime soon. They have stopped doing 75% sales on the game for a long time now and the max discount these days is 50%. Combined with the region lock they implemented yesterday, I guess those are steps to try and curb folks who buy mass quantities of the game for cheap for cheating.

The benefits of fibre to the home haha

This is unreal :O

Xizk

I like living in Stockholm as I get 5 ping when I get placed on a Swedish server. Placed 0.9 on Poland. They have 3 VP players + Michu and Minise. Michu has played a lot with VP so I think their teamwork will be solid.

madjackal

Hey all, haven't played CS regularly since 1.6. Downloaded GO as part of a sale and I want to try and get into it, but trying to find a server is a real pain. Can anyone recommend me one with a good rotation of maps (cs and de) and a smaller max (<= 20) that's usually pretty populated? And no bots haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom