• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

Just had a fun game on de_nuke with some CSGOGAFers, unfortunately we lost but we had some sick strats.

edit: also Atsou = crazy generous and just crazy in general

Wunder

the fuck is happening. Good luck to everyone, feel bad for entering a knife giveaway since I already have one so I'm gonna skip.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a motherfucking knife. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I thought a lot about this, and I think it's time. I will start doing giveaways again once someone tops this.

suicide is not the fucking answer man. That's the only reason someone would give away a knife.

I'm not entering because I don't need more stabby stabbies. Good luck to those less fortunate.

Xizk

Atsuo king of giveaways. Played some nice games on MM with CoolS and Mark(honeymustard on gaf I think). Crushed the other teams on both Overpass and Cache.

I try to aim at head level but sometimes you just don't aim high enough. :/ but I got better since the beginning where my crosshair would be at someone knees lol
Shooting knee caps off ehh. Everytime you move around pretend to aim at headshot level at where you're headed to. Like I am heading to double doors, I aim for the head of an imaginary enemy inside double doors as I move. You don't have to be at headshot level though, just enough so you can make fast adjustments. Like a lot of players crouch, so pre aim taking that into account.

Shadownet

Banned
Shooting knee caps off ehh. Everytime you move around pretend to aim at headshot level at where you're headed to. Like I am heading to double doors, I aim for the head of an imaginary enemy inside double doors as I move. You don't have to be at headshot level though, just enough so you can make fast adjustments. Like a lot of players crouch, so pre aim taking that into account.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you for the advice. I mean I can do it sometimes but I feel like most of that is luck. But i'll keep practicing. Offline with bots (on extreme) and Deathmatch helped a lot.

cresto

I'll keep that in mind, thank you for the advice. I mean I can do it sometimes but I feel like most of that is luck. But i'll keep practicing. Offline with bots (on extreme) and Deathmatch helped a lot.

Dont do anything with bots, it's really not indicative of what you will run into. Keep doing the DM's and try out aim servers. They help you with accuracy. Another thing, check out the retake servers. They are a ton of fun and put you in realistic situations. Plus you get to play against some decent competition. http://retakes.splewis.net/

udiie

eG8u5hz.png

for good luck
atsou, youre a generous generous man
don't you need 5 posts before the giveaway started? i think they were trying to change the nolurker ruleset to do that after last steam sale.
someone would be giving away a hot game and then you'd get these driveby posters with generic comments trying to increase their post count.

i would hope so. this is/was my main concern about our recent influx of giveaways.

CoolS

Atsuo king of giveaways. Played some nice games on MM with CoolS and Mark(honeymustard on gaf I think). Crushed the other teams on both Overpass and Cache.

Overpass keeps being a REALLY fun map. Somehow I ended almost clutching in a 1vs5 in the pistolround and kept hitting incredible shots the whole T site on cache and the other team kept accusing me of cheating and reporting. I mean there were some good plays in there, but come on :(

KiKaL

Just found out I am going to the Winter X Games this years and saw this.

"The MLG X Games Aspen Invitational will feature the top eight Counter-Strike: Global Offensive teams from North America and Europe competing in a three-day tournament for X Games gold. The action will kick off Friday, Jan. 23 at 10 a.m. MT and continue through the gold medal match on Jan. 25."

I would kill to go check it out while I am there but it's $100 bucks for a 3 day pass and my wife would kill me if I spent her first time to Colorado watching games.

cresto

Just found out I am going to the Winter X Games this years and saw this.

"The MLG X Games Aspen Invitational will feature the top eight Counter-Strike: Global Offensive teams from North America and Europe competing in a three-day tournament for X Games gold. The action will kick off Friday, Jan. 23 at 10 a.m. MT and continue through the gold medal match on Jan. 25."

I would kill to go check it out while I am there but it's $100 bucks for a 3 day pass and my wife would kill me if I spent her first time to Colorado watching games.

Aspen is nice as hell. It sucks they don't have lesser options but my girl was down so we will be nerding out while all the bro's are up on the slopes

KiKaL

Aspen is nice as hell. It sucks they don't have lesser options but my girl was down so we will be nerding out while all the bro's are up on the slopes

Yeah I wish there was a cheaper option, then I probably could convince her to go for just a match or something.

I am curious what teams will be there.

the fuck is happening. Good luck to everyone, feel bad for entering a knife giveaway since I already have one so I'm gonna skip.

For real, this thread took an interesting turn.

Speaking of knives though, I wish you could use the standard knives on whichever faction. I love the CT side's knife.

Haroon

I like that concept but what is wrong with those maps that I could barely get 6fps :/ Had to ragequit because of that.

I didn't have much problems at the beginning, but as I continued to play, the server kept on getting worse. My mouse was moving on its own at times, and I found myself staring at a wall. Sadly, I don't know if the administrator will fix it, but let us hope he or she does fix it because it's really fun.

cresto

I'm always surprised at the skill gap in this game. I've been a long, long time CS player (both casually and competitively), and it just throws me for a loop watching some people play. It's like there is no common sense built in to their play. I just shake my head and yell at them through VOIP lol.

It's become more apparent from watching the competitive scene and then seeing it first hand as well as the comments/posts on reddit/neogaf. Odd stuff.

I started and have maintained my DMG level (due to a long 1.5 year break), which is far from my best performance in a CS game. Has anyone here been able to pull themselves out of the lower ranks?

Omega

Banned
Has anyone here been able to pull themselves out of the lower ranks?

On my main I went from Nova 1 to DMG

then had a couple of bad games + shitty teammates (attitude wise) + steam servers kept disconnecting me and I ended up getting a 1 week ban so I just uninstalled Steam for about 6 months. when I started playing again I ranked down to nova 4, now I'm up to a MG2.

I would probably be higher if I actually kept playing on my main but I'd rather just play with Shadow/Mayhem/udiiie/animl or whoever else we pick up. We might lose but I don't have to deal with some scrub that thinks he's Hiko and wants to talk shit to his teammates all game.

udiie

Started at silver elite, I'm at gnm now. I'm sure I could go higher.
I'd rather just play with Shadow/Mayhem/udiiie/animl or whoever else we pick up. We might lose but I don't have to deal with some scrub that thinks he's Hiko and wants to talk shit to his teammates all game.
Agreed. I hate solo queuing because it often ends with some asshole screaming into his mic.
Also it's just way more enjoyable to play with people who I'm familiar with.

Started at Silver elite went down to silver 3 and then up to MG2. For me it was almost like flipping a light switch. The progress I made was really rapid now I've got to the point where progress is slower.

Shadownet

Banned
I would probably be higher if I actually kept playing on my main but I'd rather just play with Shadow/Mayhem/udiiie/animl or whoever else we pick up. We might lose but I don't have to deal with some scrub that thinks he's Hiko and wants to talk shit to his teammates all game.

Omega is in love with me. He just doesn't know it yet.

ironmang

I'm always surprised at the skill gap in this game. I've been a long, long time CS player (both casually and competitively), and it just throws me for a loop watching some people play. It's like there is no common sense built in to their play. I just shake my head and yell at them through VOIP lol.

It's become more apparent from watching the competitive scene and then seeing it first hand as well as the comments/posts on reddit/neogaf. Odd stuff.

I started and have maintained my DMG level (due to a long 1.5 year break), which is far from my best performance in a CS game. Has anyone here been able to pull themselves out of the lower ranks?

I started playing again back in January of this year after quitting 1.6 a few years ago. Mostly just friend listed nice people with mics so ended up having a whole group of silvers and ended up getting placed around Nova 2 after my 10th win. Pretty much crushed games and quickly got to double ak/badge. Currently at LEM.

cheezcake

I've gone from silver 4 to LE. Getting out of DMG is a bitch, I'd say one of the most important things that helped me get out of it is patience. A big difference between DMG and eagle+ players is that DMG players rarely ever play out the 2 minutes of a round, they try and force pushes early.

When you're on CT exploit that by smoking up when they seem like they're about to push, more often than not someone impatient bastard will run through and give you a free kill. When you're on T don't feel pressured to get stuff done early, people are impatient on CT as well and have a tendency to push out where they're holding, so sit tight and catch them off guard when they push.

Also DM and AIM maps are always useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom