• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayMay

Banned
Got 1 derank, and on my next loss Ill derank again. Today has not been a good day..

gg though, played with loads of ppl so I cant possibly mention them all. Last match on Overpass was the worst though.

you guys should play chivalry with me :D

That needs to happen

K.Sabot

Thursday is generally update day, but they'd have put something on their website about a new operation today if it was going to be one.

Watching youse guyses highlights gets me jelly. It's so smooooth. I get max 30fps and I have to switch to windowed mode to get in a server, then I can switch to full screen windowed, yeah! Gon have to build a PC. Finally have money for it but no time, does Newegg offer UbuyWEbuild or some such service? Any thoughts, advice, jibbajabba?

Ludono

i for one, thoroughly enjoyed that.

Haha Thanks :3

Watching youse guyses highlights gets me jelly. It's so smooooth. I get max 30fps and I have to switch to windowed mode to get in a server, then I can switch to full screen windowed, yeah! Gon have to build a PC. Finally have money for it but no time, does Newegg offer UbuyWEbuild or some such service? Any thoughts, advice, jibbajabba?

I left my gaming rig behind in the states when I moved to China, so now I play on a laptop (ASUS G75W), on all low settings @ 1920x1080 I get around 180-200 FPS, but I've raised the settings a bit so my guns don't look like shit, around medium settings and I still get around 100FPS average.

Man, I got shell shocked.

Not sure if that's a good thing haha

Definitely one of the more fun montages I've made, didn't really have any defining kills so I just used a highlight reel of that one match on cache. In the mood for another montage but I need some decent clips first and the stupid game keeps corrupting my replays..... >:|

I'm a bit annoyed at the game lately since I only ever solo queue now since being in Asia means I can't play with my US friends (or suffer 300+ ping). We had such good times together in my old "team" (just our casual team, not serious)

Here's an old montage :)

udiie

i think i learned tonight that i'm really bad at inferno. it's not that i dont understand the strategies involved with playing well on it... i just have a hard time getting any kills or playing a bomb well

frbrr

i think i learned tonight that i'm really bad at inferno. it's not that i dont understand the strategies involved with playing well on it... i just have a hard time getting any kills or playing a bomb well

I had the same problem, I improved a lot when I started playing way more aggressive, both as T and CT

cheezcake

I always feel like you gotta just say "fuck it" on inferno and yolo around a bit. Aggressive peaks, pushes etc.

CoolS

How can people tell precisely when they are about to rank up or down?

You develop a feeling for it. Also, on accounts with only a few wins its easiert to quickly rank up or down. I'm at 152 wins and it took me quite some time to rank back up to GN3.

I reckon our little GAF group should be able to make it to Master Guardian at least with our current skill. At that point we probably will have to try staying there to improve.

cHinzo

Same here. Especially retaking A is imposible for me. So many stuff to check: graveyard, pit, the site, apts.

Atruvius

Started playing this again after over a month long hiatus when I lost 7 games in a row. Played two matches, my first time playing Hostage maps, and we won them both. Though I got deranked to silver level because of the hiatus.

CS GO is pretty much the best mp game when you are playing against an even matched opponent. The last game we won 15-14 and it felt so good.

udiie

I had the same problem, I improved a lot when I started playing way more aggressive, both as T and CT

I always feel like you gotta just say "fuck it" on inferno and yolo around a bit. Aggressive peaks, pushes etc.

yeah, i guess i consider myself more of an entry fragger anyway so i should probably learn to play it a bit more aggressive

Same here. Especially retaking A is imposible for me. So many stuff to check: graveyard, pit, the site, apts.

retaking A site is a nightmare. however i actually find if i start from banana, retaking B site isnt too bad.

• Smoke truck
  • Flash deep on truck side to disable pit/site/balcony
  • Don't bother checking boosts any more because valve fixed them =)
    =(
  • Meanwhile have other people arch side to pinch them silly Ts.
  • Get flashed by your team mate(s) arch side because they never fucking call them
  • ???
  • Oh, we won?
I don't mind retakes on A, B is the painful one because your two entry points don't really enable your split to trade kills.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
dave is ok's guide to retaking ANY site:

1. Throw every grenade you have at the site, bonus points if you angle it off of a wall or floor
2. Run into site QUICKLY
3. See a guy and shoot at him
4. Die

soultron

Banned
soultron's guide to retaking ANY site:

1) Walk to site so it will be really impressive when you start to defuse at t-minus 6 seconds.
2) Smoke, but not very well, a practised angle.
3) Well, since you screwed up the smoke, you better flash and rush in.
4) You screwed that up too, so now you're half blind and you didn't even get them since they knew you'd stupidly come through the gap in the smoke and nearby environment geometry.
5) Awkward firefight ensues where nobody really knows how to shoot.
8) Somehow kill them with a spray that takes 22 bullets too many.
9) Go defuse.
10) Shit, you didn't buy a defuse kit and there's only 6 seconds left on the bomb.
11) Terrorists win and you die in the explosion, losing the guns you force bought.

cHinzo

cHinzo's guide to a retake attempt at ANY site:

1. Never, ever make use of the shift button. It will only slow you down, so you won't be able to defuse in time.
2. Make sure to throw all your nades, to let the enemy know from which side you're coming from.
3. When going for your first peek, always peek a bit too wide so you can see more of the site and duck when shooting, to sit in the enemies crosshair.
4. Rush into the site anyways if you haven't been killed yet and try to stand in the open without cover.
5. Ace em.
6. Succesful defuse every time.

cresto

Y'all aren't far from the truth of most pug's, sadly. The retakes servers have helped me immensely on positioning and the best way to try and retake the sites with limited time on Inferno. You get a sense for where people play the most and how to peak the angles to get the drops. GEWD STUFF MAYNARD.

Clydefrog

t1415298350z1.png

Clydefrog

• Smoke truck
  • Flash deep on truck side to disable pit/site/balcony
  • Don't bother checking boosts any more because valve fixed them =)
    =(
  • Meanwhile have other people arch side to pinch them silly Ts.
  • Get flashed by your team mate(s) arch side because they never fucking call them
  • ???
  • Oh, we won?
I don't mind retakes on A, B is the painful one because your two entry points don't really enable your split to trade kills.

dave is ok's guide to retaking ANY site:

1. Throw every grenade you have at the site, bonus points if you angle it off of a wall or floor
2. Run into site QUICKLY
3. See a guy and shoot at him
4. Die

soultron's guide to retaking ANY site:

1) Walk to site so it will be really impressive when you start to defuse at t-minus 6 seconds.
2) Smoke, but not very well, a practised angle.
3) Well, since you screwed up the smoke, you better flash and rush in.
4) You screwed that up too, so now you're half blind and you didn't even get them since they knew you'd stupidly come through the gap in the smoke and nearby environment geometry.
5) Awkward firefight ensues where nobody really knows how to shoot.
8) Somehow kill them with a spray that takes 22 bullets too many.
9) Go defuse.
10) Shit, you didn't buy a defuse kit and there's only 6 seconds left on the bomb.
11) Terrorists win and you die in the explosion, losing the guns you force bought.

cHinzo's guide to a retake attempt at ANY site:

1. Never, ever make use of the shift button. It will only slow you down, so you won't be able to defuse in time.
2. Make sure to throw all your nades, to let the enemy know from which side you're coming from.
3. When going for your first peek, always peek a bit too wide so you can see more of the site and duck when shooting, to sit in the enemies crosshair.
4. Rush into the site anyways if you haven't been killed yet and try to stand in the open without cover.
5. Ace em.
6. Succesful defuse every time.

lol7

Clydefrog's guide to retaking ANY site on de_nuke:

1. Hear bomb ticking. Teammate on mic says “Lower!”
2. Go ramp and head lower. Realize that bomb is actually at upper site. Teammate chuckles.
3. Go back up ramp, make noise at heaven and then fall off ladder back into hell.
4. Go outside and throw two flashes at mini.
5. Bomb explodes. Hide in secret.
6. Get knifed in back. Teammates yell at you.

K.Sabot

Shoutouts to not looking at past pages and seeing both the knife giveaways being mentioned just now. Cool shit Atsuo.

Edit: Also shoutouts to never winning a modbot giveaway so you wonder if you've entered the giveaways wrong all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom