• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
why are people so dumb when it comes to trades? went on csgolounge to see if i can bet on any new teams and some these requests i see on the side...

Dude wants 2 knives for his vanilla m9 bayo. really dude? I understand not wanting to be lowballed but what goes through these people's heads.

Here is a copy of the PM I used to register my second giveaway

The StatTrak Kami Collection (FN) - ZA7Y
THREAD http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700
RAFFLE24
NOLURKERS
NOTHANKS

The WebM for the steam games give away is pretty accurate. The only difference is that of course is that there is no steam code, for that just put anything you want. The winner will get your random garbage code but just add them via steam and gift them the guns. The only other difference is linking to the CSGO thread as the default is the steam thread.

Divius

Just make sure to change 'ZA7Y' to something different with every giveaway, otherwise modbot thinks 'the key' has been given away before.

Maybe I should ask stump if there's anything he can do for us CSGO giveaway folk in terms of 'keys' and images.

why are people so dumb when it comes to trades? went on csgolounge to see if i can bet on any new teams and some these requests i see on the side...

Dude wants 2 knives for his vanilla m9 bayo. really dude? I understand not wanting to be lowballed but what goes through these people's heads.

It's possible he was listing which kinds of knives he wanted instead of wanting both. That's useful for people who use the search function to find a trade.

I mean, far be it for me to defend the crazy greedy people who try trading on lounge, but that is a possibility.

Valve already took mines when they took out mods. I miss my gangsta glock. Shoot fools while throwing up the middle finger. Modders>devs when it comes to quality as well.

Omega

Banned
It's possible he was listing which kinds of knives he wanted instead of wanting both. That's useful for people who use the search function to find a trade.

I mean, far be it for me to defend the crazy greedy people who try trading on lounge, but that is a possibility.

No he wanted both. Anyone that tried to offer him one he would reply with "gtfo with your lowball"

Someone offered him one of the knives he wanted and then a couple of other valuable skins and he told him to fuck off as well

CoolS

This week would make the most sense. before the big lan to help with funding potentially

???

The Major should have been funded for a long time, and I think it's too early for team stickers and maybe player signatures just yet. Updated maps are a good sign though, so yay.

Clydefrog

I think it's time I put away the CZ and bust out the tec-9. I already use the five seven on CT side so this means that my CZ days are over :( Farewell noble BS-machine

udiie

IS IT HAPPENING?

Xtu8egz.gif

cresto

That shirt? That shirt is awesome.

???

The Major should have been funded for a long time, and I think it's too early for team stickers and maybe player signatures just yet. Updated maps are a good sign though, so yay.

You're probably right, but I think it will some how tie into the major. Pipe dream: It's a strictly competitive operation. Only the top de maps, the awesome map banning system used at the last major, and 128 tic servers for the operation only maps. One can live in a dream, with those ideas, you know?

Robot Pants

Ok here we go. Thanks for being patient.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

360fx360f

M4A4 Bullet Rain (FT) -- MB-60CB38DAB4F52E61 - Taken by phantomspiker. 30 entrants total.

t1415742136z1.png

Mokoi

Banned
I think it's time I put away the CZ and bust out the tec-9. I already use the five seven on CT side so this means that my CZ days are over :( Farewell noble BS-machine
Huehuehue
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
360fx360f

StatTrak Tec-9 | Sandstorm (MW) -- MB-AAC1EB40E5DA27FC - Taken by Baconsaurus Rex. 8 entrants total.

t1415667376z1.png

Mokoi

Banned
For those curious on how the throttle actually works and didn't bother to read the modbot FAQ.
Finally, ModBot has a "throttle" that prevents you from winning games back to back to back to back. You need to wait a little while between wins. The throttle starts around 15 minutes between wins, and ramps up based on the number of wins you've had in the last week. This means that if you just won something, you will need to wait a minimum of 15 minutes to win again.

Robot Pants

Robot, I looked you up. You don't have a ton of skins. Why give away such a high valued item?
I usually only hold onto skins I use and I stopped using the M4A4, so it's either gonna sit in my inventory or I'm gonna sell it on the market and it's not worth THAT much. So I figure CSGAF has blessed me with some cool raffle wins lately, I should give back. And I don't have much to choose from haha. It's either this or a shit 3 cent skin.

soultron

Banned
Operation Giveaway

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
360fx360f

StatTrak MAC-10 | Tatter (FN) -- MB-7FB4604C44604E80 - Taken by Overdoziz. 22 entrants total.
t1415743821z1.png

Wunder

here are my guesses, in no particular order:

Operation Falcon
Operation Centaur
Operation Hydra
Operation Pegasus
Operation Python
Operation Stryker
Operation Valor
Operation Sacrifice
Operation Falafel
Operation Piercing Wallet

I already have a ST sandstorm tec-9 :(

You lost me near the end there

ulua

finally decided to man up and start playing comp.

so far 3 wins, 2 ties, 2 losses. was top of the scoreboards pretty much every match. excited to play some more tonight =D

so far 3 wins, 2 ties, 2 losses. was top of the scoreboards pretty much every match. excited to play some more tonight =D

You know it's weird. I was so apprehensive to play comp since my friends didn't play CSGO and forced myself to get a gold coin and did amazing. Would be going 30-5 and leading my team. My friends began playing and I just do terrible. Bottom fragger every match I go like 18-7. Not sure why my comp play went to shit. I know it's just mental because I guess I want to do better when I'm playing with them and end up panicking when I see someone.

Omega

Banned

How much time have you put into CS?

One of my biggest regrets was playing casual for so long. Hesitant to play comp because I felt like I would hold my teammates back. I still have a ton of bad habits I have yet to break

i hope anyone interested in this game just goes straight to comp. casual/community competitive (with their 32 player servers) teach you absolutely nothing, and in fact does more harm than good. Once you've already learned the game feel free to go into a casual and drop 30 bombs like Atsou.

Sajjaja

Comp is the only way to play the game.

It really is. I see these twitch streamers playing on Casual and being all cocky and shit for getting a kill in it.

I'm like dude, play Comp and then we'll see how good you actually are.
"I've only played 11-12 comp games and most of them had hackers in them so I don't play it."

Really? REALLY?

soultron

Banned
Reposting on this page for all my 50PPP ballers.

Operation Giveaway

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
360fx360f

StatTrak MAC-10 | Tatter (FN) -- MB-7FB4604C44604E80 - Taken by Overdoziz. 22 entrants total.
t1415743821z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom