• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can spray the Ak upclose and short mid range, anything else past that I'll be wasting bullets. I don't know how Shroud does it. He freaking sprays down people long range.

ulua

first nuke competitive match ever. start CT side. 12-3 first half. we make it to 15 wins, and the other team literally comes back and ties the game. i love that map but holy crap was that brutal.

ulua

yeah, i figured that out the hard way =( i'd always been told that it was CT-favored but holy crap that was just dumb.

I wouldn't play Dust 1 or Aztec as well. Dust 1 is horrible CT sided, especially with the CS GO smokes. Aztec is also super CT sided. I don't remember winning much in 1.6 on those maps on Terrorist.

Clydefrog

Really? The best M4A1-S skin is the Atomic Alloy! I have one but it has since been relegated to my inventory because I won sneakypete's stat-trak blood tiger M4.

The best CT loadout:

7A8n9RF.png

TkHPYku.png

I think the M4a1-s skins are so bad that I prefer the vanilla skin. Ak skins are not bad, that's why I got the Redline. I got the Candy Apple Glock because I hated the default scheme.

I wish the developers never made the M4A4, so we could have the old M4A1 with 30 ammo clip from the previous Counter Strikes. Also, never implementing the CZ. I also want the 650 dollar weaker Deagle back.

Omega

Banned
down 5-10 at half on d2. switch to T side, get it to 15-12

then we choke, and i don't even get a kill for 3 rounds. i should go back to consoles where i was a god =/

Omega

Banned
goddamn it, so many names to memorize..

for starters you can ignore Train or Season. Season probably won't be in the game officially for another 6 months and you guys never want to play Train lol

i always found it easiest to memorize callouts by just playing 1 or 2 maps at a time. that way you're not overloading yourself with info to process.

I agree that most of the A1 skins are pretty horrible, but Dark Water and especially Nitro are exceptions.
(not mine, my Nitro is BS but it still looks great)

littleworm said:
The AK is the gun with nothing but ugly skins.
What? Blue lam, Red lam, Emerald Pinstripe, First Class, RedLine, Case Hardened, and Jaguar would like to have a word with you.

udiie said:
motherfuckers... i got laughed at for calling it kitchen once
To be fair, there is an actual kitchen inside apps. If you're gonna call anything "kitchen", call the kitchen "kitchen". That other bit is market.

Divius

To be fair, there is an actual kitchen inside apps. If you're gonna call anything "kitchen", call the kitchen "kitchen". That other bit is market.
True story: Once upon a time I was left in a 1v1 situation on Mirage B site. I knew the last CT was in 'kitchen'.

Teammate #1: "he's in Kitchen!"
Teammate #2: "No he's in the Store!"
Teammate #1: "No he's Kitchen, I saw him!" volume intensifies
Teammate #2: "You're f*cking r*tarded you idiot"
Teammate #1: cyka blyka *russian gibberish*
Teammate #2: "*russian gibberish*"

Meanwhile due to their screaming I cannot hear the footsteps so the CT jumps out the window and kills me.

Then teammate #1 tries to kick me.

<3 csgo

ulua

2nd comp match of the night - dust2 - spanish teammate singing justin bieber in extremely obnoxious voice. immediately muted. apparently him and his friend were there to grief. start counter-terrorist side, kill all 5, as teammate is diffusing the bomb the griefer knives him to death and lets the bomb explode. not enough votes to kick so the next few rounds are spent chasing me and others around trying to block us/annoy us. abandoned 6 rounds in (0-6 of course). really sucks because im not even calibrated yet, that was my first abandon and im sure it royally screwed my calibration, but id rather abandon than sit through that entire match

so to recap - match 1 enemy team comes back from a 12-3 deficit to tie, match 2 griefer kills teammate and runs around blocking me until i abandon. great night &#128557; &#128557; &#128557; &#128557;

ulua

match #3 - their team got the same bad luck i had. either he was a griefer or afk, but he got kicked immediately. we had someone keep DCing too so it was 4v4 for a bit but we ended up absolutely shredding. 16-1. makes up for the abandon i guess. 6 more wins to go! really hoping to skip silver completely, but doubtful it will happen.

end the night with 1 win, 1 abandon, 1 tie.

Atruvius

Does anyone think that Assault map is way too Terrorist sided map. Every match I've played on that map, (2 times lol), terrorists have won almost every round. CT's pretty much have to run into blind corners when trying to enter the house. But I really love guarding that lower door with a SG 553 so it's one of my favourite maps.

Divius

match #3 - their team got the same bad luck i had. either he was a griefer or afk, but he got kicked immediately. we had someone keep DCing too so it was 4v4 for a bit but we ended up absolutely shredding. 16-1. makes up for the abandon i guess. 6 more wins to go! really hoping to skip silver completely, but doubtful it will happen.

end the night with 1 win, 1 abandon, 1 tie.
Woohoo, keep it up! There's GAFers in most ranks you'll always have someone to play with.

ulua

Woohoo, keep it up! There's GAFers in most ranks you'll always have someone to play with.

yeah, i just joined the steam group. def trying to play with some fellow GAFers sometime! been a long time lurker but finally got accepted this past month &#128513;

Does anyone think that Assault map is way too Terrorist sided map. Every match I've played on that map, (2 times lol), terrorists have won almost every round. CT's pretty much have to run into blind corners when trying to enter the house. But I really love guarding that lower door with a SG 553 so it's one of my favourite maps.
Of course. Hostage maps are always terribly balanced towards Terrorists. Italy is super terrible as well. At least that has the iconic Opera song.

CoolS

All hostage maps are very T sided. I think italy and maybe militia might be the most "balanced" ones but there is a reason that gamemode isn't played competetively.

CoolS

Is there any real way to make the gamemode more balanced or is it always going to be inherently T-sided?

Valve tried in CS GO were there's only two hostages in random location and you only have to rescue one, plus picking up the hostage instead of leading the,. Oh and the hostage rescue kit.

But in the end, the T's can always just camp the choke points and pick off the CT's there. Office is especially insane since tyou only have to control two entrance points.

Atruvius

Couldn't Valve do some changes to existing Hostage maps by adding some windows or some shit so CT don't have to run in to choke points to be able to get some shots into terrorists. Or keep the two hostages in more separated locations like in Bomb mission.

Lourio

Hoping to get back into competitive games again, been in such a rut, just been sticking to casual comp. mm games on my usual list of favorite servers. I'm in the same boat as Count, consistently bottom fragging is so discouraging, that I'm scared to play comp lol. Especially the last few games I played, losses and resulted in 2 deranks in 1 week. Yeargh

And there's so much <3 in this thread.

Wunder

man if m4a1 had more ammo I think that'd be the gun everyone uses. There's so many advantages to that gun, but I still like my ammo so I can't switch off the a4.

Window and door are real damn specific on cache.
Well they kinda are to be honest. There is only one window you can do anything with, and the only operable door is squeaky. (But why some people don't just call it squeaky is beyond me)

Callouts like those are alright because you can easily figure out what they're meaning. The trouble comes when you're getting callouts for, let's say, Mirage A site, and all you're getting from your team mates is "boxes". Yeah, thanks buddy. Real helpful.

Most broken hypothetical gun that is barely plausible (0.01%) in CS? M4A1 with 30 ammo and 1 bullet kill headshot from any range. Until then, enjoy the broken ass CZ.

Rivitur

Banned
OK guy if any of you want to make bets or get returns on the go (by phone) thru the steam mobile app I got you covered. This method doesn't require you to go through your email to verify your account and you can make the trades through the steam mobile app to place bets and get returns.

Im posted the tutorial on hltv (hope it doesn't get deleted)

http://www.hltv.org/?pageid=18&threadid=674827#rArray

I would have posted it here but not sure if you guys are OK with the amount of pics I put in.

Ludono

I've got some clips from Atsuo and Sajjaja, myself included that's only 3 GAFers for this montage....cmon guys don't be hiding those sick 360 no scopes from me!

*To reiterate I was wanting to make a highlight reel of GAFers CSGO best moments*

cresto

I've got some clips from Atsuo and Sajjaja, myself included that's only 3 GAFers for this montage....cmon guys don't be hiding those sick 360 no scopes from me!

*To reiterate I was wanting to make a highlight reel of GAFers CSGO best moments*

I had a p250 5k on inferno during an eco round. Felt so gewd, but I didn't save the clip :|

CoolS

Sent you a link, dunno if it's montage worthy. Yiu decide :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom