• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, what do you guys generally use The M4A4 or the M4A1-S? I started playing CSGO after the M4A1 was put in and I have basically only used that.

ulua

How much time have you put into CS?

One of my biggest regrets was playing casual for so long. Hesitant to play comp because I felt like I would hold my teammates back. I still have a ton of bad habits I have yet to break

i hope anyone interested in this game just goes straight to comp. casual/community competitive (with their 32 player servers) teach you absolutely nothing, and in fact does more harm than good. Once you've already learned the game feel free to go into a casual and drop 30 bombs like Atsou.

less than 50 hours total. i really mainly just wanted to learn the guns & whatnot.

Robot Pants

Quick question, what do you guys generally use The M4A4 or the M4A1-S? I started playing CSGO after the M4A1 was put in and I have basically only used that.
I started off using the m4a1 then had a stint with the a4 recently, then just now ended up
Going back to m4a1.
It really depends on the situation you are using it for. The only thing the a4 really has gojng for it is the clip size and extra ammo so it's good for situations where you have to hold sites on your own. Usually B on dust2.

Other than that, m4a1 is a much better option.

soultron

Banned

I tend to use the A1 when I want to be really accurate over long ranges, but the A4 when I know I'm going to be in a role where I need to constantly dump bullets when doing things like shooting into smokes or prefiring.

I still prefer the A1 because of the noticeable accuracy advantage it provides.

It's probably bad that I switch between them every month or so, but I think it keeps things interesting.

Haroon

IMO M4A1-S is better always unless you're playing in a team setting. You will run into situations in which you might have less money than the team, but you could afford M4A1-S + Full Armor versus Famas + Full Armor. For the money, it's really good for pick up games, but if you're playing within a team (that knows how to manage money), it does not matter much what gun you use since you guys will be buying based on everyones money at the beginning of the round.

ulua

i also just recently discovered these 1v1 multi maps. really helping me get my ak aiming down - still having a hard time perfecting it. ive watched countless videos/been given advice, but still havent gotten as comfortable with it as id like. im sure that will come with practice though.

Good luck all. Hope I did this right.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Desert Eagle | Conspiracy(Factory New)
360fx360f

Desert Eagle -- MB-3FDC6DF09F9301CB - Taken by demented. 32 entrants total.

t1415763257z1.png

Whoops if you just entered make sure you put this when you pm modbot

not

Desert Eagle | Conspiracy(Factory New) -- MB-3FDC6DF09F9301CB - Taken by demented. 32 entrants total.

I screwed up.

Rivitur

Banned
i also just recently discovered these 1v1 multi maps. really helping me get my ak aiming down - still having a hard time perfecting it. ive watched countless videos/been given advice, but still havent gotten as comfortable with it as id like. im sure that will come with practice though.
What's your problem with it? Is it the spray? Because if it is it depends if you crouch to account for the recoil or if you're standing the entire time the adjustment can be a bit tricky.

Wunder

Just ran into some absurd server lag. We were like 6-6 T side Mirage and everyone started getting like 200-400 ping. Ended 7-8 but it continued through pistol. One of them said "enjoying ddos fgts" and we ended up losing 11-16. Super frustrating.

IMO M4A1-S is better always unless you're playing in a team setting. You will run into situations in which you might have less money than the team, but you could afford M4A1-S + Full Armor versus Famas + Full Armor. For the money, it's really good for pick up games, but if you're playing within a team (that knows how to manage money), it does not matter much what gun you use since you guys will be buying based on everyones money at the beginning of the round.

I really wish that they increase the ammo stock for m4a1 to 60 reserve ammo, its just not enough ammo as it is now :(

soultron

Banned
So I found out that the IBP guys (who work for IBP, not the pro team) are playing in the AHGL thing that lastflowers and I are playing in.

I looked up some of them to see they were former IBP pro players or something and a few of them are insanely good.

tumblr_mz0dv80W561rb06tgo1_500.gif

Omega

Banned
It's already insanely accurate, has the easiest recoil pattern to control (down then left. that's it) and gives you the benefit of a suppressor.

only reason i would ever see needing more ammo is if you spray through smoke like it's an A4.

the gun has to have some drawbacks. The only other negative about the a1 right now is that it has no good skins.

ulua

What's your problem with it? Is it the spray? Because if it is it depends if you crouch to account for the recoil or if you're standing the entire time the adjustment can be a bit tricky.

mostly just when to spray, and getting those 1-2 shot long distaance kills. ive watched lots of videos and understand the recoil and how to control it, just am havent really mastered it yet. gonna keep trying though 😰

Mokoi

Banned
I love me some Dark Water...
Yep I use the same skin except it doesn't have fancy StatTrak™ technology.
mostly just when to spray, and getting those 1-2 shot long distaance kills. ive watched lots of videos and understand the recoil and how to control it, just am havent really mastered it yet. gonna keep trying though 😰
Using the ak can cause me some serious frustration sometimes. The first 10 bullets always go straight up, so that is easy to control. It's just trying to do a full spray never works out for me. adreN guides are great btw. :D

Ludono

In the mood to make a montage video, and thought I'd see if you guys would be up to sending me some of your best highlights for me to use and make a "Best of GAF" compilation type thing.

Any volunteers?

I'm not fantastic at making these things mind you, but I have fun doing them :)

Sajjaja

In the mood to make a montage video, and thought I'd see if you guys would be up to sending me some of your best highlights for me to use and make a "Best of GAF" compilation type thing.

Any volunteers?

I'm not fantastic at making these things mind you, but I have fun doing them :)

This is probably one of my prouder moments. Sorry the quality is so shit, idk how to get it better. It's not particularly skillful either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzuYKZKzjUU

Haroon

Do you know how to remove the HUD in the recorded demos? That's usually what I do.

Either way, what you've got there is fine.

I can record some of my best clips, and upload them on YouTube in one big video. Will you be cutting them in some sort of a program?

Ludono

No I don't know how.

When you're watching a recorded demo (Which you can download your most recent matches under the "Watch" tab) open the console (Press "~") and type "cl_draw_only_Deathnotice 1" which will hide everything other than the killfeed. Pro tip! :D

I can record some of my best clips, and upload them on YouTube in one big video. Will you be cutting them in some sort of a program?

I use Vegas Pro for editing, though I generally don't do anything too fancy with it ;)

Posting for new page.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Desert Eagle | Conspiracy(Factory New)
360fx360f

t1415763257z1.png

Ludono

Just an FYI for those sending me clips, probably better you PM me rather than us spamming up the thread? XD

At work so I can't play, so instead I go on GAF and talk about GO.... addiction! ;-;

ulua

Yep I use the same skin except it doesn't have fancy StatTrak™ technology.

Using the ak can cause me some serious frustration sometimes. The first 10 bullets always go straight up, so that is easy to control. It's just trying to do a full spray never works out for me. adreN guides are great btw. :D

yeah, ive pretty much watched every single one of his guides at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom