• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I really don't understand how this mission cooldown works.

I bought all the extra campaigns. First day I did three missions and got a two day cooldown. That cooldown is over so I did one mission today and now I have a two day cooldown again.

How does that even work?

I've been reading about people getting cooldowns ranging from 1 to 4 days. Is this randomized?

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. It's been over 24 hours for sure since I last did my first set and it still says 1 day remaining until new missions. I wish everything was just more clear.

CoolS

I think the official way should be 2 missions every 4 day, unless you buy the extra campaigns, then the official cooldown goes to 2 days. Seems random though from what people experience. Still in Line with how many missions you got during Operation breakout.

I mean there are over 80 missions in the flowcharts and 90 days in the operation (without extensions). How do cooldowns work if you want to be able to do them comfortably? What happens to folks who buy the operation a month late?

On the bright side, today is the first time I realized that Dust 2 is home to chickens as well. I only ever remember seeing them in Inferno before this.

CoolS

I mean there are over 80 missions in the flowcharts and 90 days in the operation (without extensions). How do cooldowns work if you want to be able to do them comfortably? What happens to folks who buy the operation a month late?

On the bright side, today is the first time I realized that Dust 2 is home to chickens as well. I only ever remember seeing them in Inferno before this.

Only in DM my friend. DM has chickens everywhere. Competitive inferno is the only map that has chickens I think.

Apologies to Shadow if it seemed like I was being harsh on that joke. Everybody has their bad games or days. I had a pretty bad day myself. I think I need to practice more again.

Lourio

I use to use 800 dpi with the rival, I switched to 400 and it immediately felt better. Just convert your sensitivity. You might have to tweak it a bit though.

It felt like I had more control, less gaps in my responsiveness in aiming the cursor. In other words, I could control my sprays much better with more precision due to a small tweak.

So I tried 400 dpi @ a sensitivity of 2. I like it. Way less twitchy when I'm trying to aim for headshots. Thanks for the heads up Crak.

And those who are asking about the RIval, it's a fantastic mouse. Goes well with my new Siberia V2 headset.

Steelseries FTW!

soultron

Banned
Yeah, the SS Rival is great. I've said it many times in this thread, but it was a huge improvement over my first gaming mouse, earlier this year, which was the Razer Deathadder 2014.

I ended up settling with a Zowie FK1, but if it didn't exist at all, I'd (still) be using my SS Rival as my main mouse at home.

garath

So I tried 400 dpi @ a sensitivity of 2. I like it. Way less twitchy when I'm trying to aim for headshots. Thanks for the heads up Crak.

And those who are asking about the RIval, it's a fantastic mouse. Goes well with my new Siberia V2 headset.

Steelseries FTW!

I have a Sensei RAW. I haven't tried messing with the DPI too much. I found one that felt comfy for most games early on then left it alone. They have a weird numbering system instead of the DPI. I'll have to figure out what lines up with 400 dpi and try that on the switch to see if I like it.

Ideally you'd want the mouse as close to native DPI as possible though.

I'm probably going to do the same. Game is going to be unbearable to play for a while though. Hackers are going to be everywhere.
For sure, the holidays are near. Kids would be getting their breaks. They will cheat on their breaks. Even without sales there will be a rise in cheaters.

Also I want to mess around with silvers and my friend who is getting it when it comes on sale.

Lourio

I have a Sensei RAW. I haven't tried messing with the DPI too much. I found one that felt comfy for most games early on then left it alone. They have a weird numbering system instead of the DPI. I'll have to figure out what lines up with 400 dpi and try that on the switch to see if I like it.

Ideally you'd want the mouse as close to native DPI as possible though.

Yea instead of DPI, they use CPI (Counts Per Inch) - same thing. Steelseries says CPI is the correct term. Link

4PM It's the weekend!

fKjFwoO.gif

Hi guys, so I've had this forever but only just started playing it after seeing some really fun tournaments, but I was hoping I could get some advice on how to start.

So far, I've been just been playing online TDM (and sucking, BTW) to get used to the shooting mechanics, and also so I won't mess up other peoples' games in Demo, but is that a good place to start? Or is playing casual going to match me up with people who also have no idea so I can experiment?

Oh, and the geez the skill involved in shooting in this game is amazing. I've been bummed that I missed out on this game for this long.

Hi guys, so I've had this forever but only just started playing it after seeing some really fun tournaments, but I was hoping I could get some advice on how to start.

So far, I've been just been playing online TDM (and sucking, BTW) to get used to the shooting mechanics, and also so I won't mess up other peoples' games in Demo, but is that a good place to start? Or is playing casual going to match me up with people who also have no idea so I can experiment?

Oh, and the geez the skill involved in shooting in this game is amazing. I've been bummed that I missed out on this game for this long.
You got the right ideas. Check out some Youtube guides as well. Check out Thewarowl's channel on Youtube.

Ensirius

In casual you will find mostly people who cannot shoot an elefant one meter away. Then there are gold novas like me, and one or two pro players. It's good fun if you need to warm up before a competetive match. I suggest going to deathmatch, pick up your weapon of choice and play with it before getting into MM.

Also, learn to master both the AK-47 for terro and the M4 for CT. Ak is a BEAST if you know how to handle it. From 3 round burst, to half a magazine spray. that thing gets through EVERYTHING. The M4 is a little easier to handle for me. They are the best weapons in the game. Then there is the AWP, which, in the hands of a skilled player is basically godlike.

Oh, and, when you get into betting (and yes, you will), please do not listen to those who say "go big or go home" . Play it slow, there is NEVER a safe bet, come here for advice and good luck!

cHinzo

omfg I won the Famas :D

#Rigged. :p

Ranked matchmaking really is the quickest way to learn. U will get matched with players around ur skill level anyway after playing a couple of games.

Omega

Banned

Whatever you do, stay away from casual. It sucks and doesn't teach you anything.

Play DM and get comfortable with the guns and how to control the spray. Go into MM. you'll get matched up with other low level players who don't know the game either so you won't be messing up the game for anyone.

udiie

my first game of csgo comp consisted of me getting yelled at for not using common sense strats like killing time close to round end as ct. I top fragged, but on a 15-14 (my team losing) round i rushed as last CT at the last T and ended up getting killed and losing the game.

needless to say, no one was pleased with me. it was HILARIOUS.

i guess what im trying to say is don't be discouraged by your own hilarious mistakes and keep at the game, you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it provided hackers dont ruin it for you.

Also, learn to master both the AK-47 for terro and the M4 for CT. Ak is a BEAST if you know how to handle it. From 3 round burst, to half a magazine spray. that thing gets through EVERYTHING. The M4 is a little easier to handle for me. They are the best weapons in the game. Then there is the AWP, which, in the hands of a skilled player is basically godlike.

Oh, and, when you get into betting (and yes, you will), please do not listen to those who say "go big or go home" . Play it slow, there is NEVER a safe bet, come here for advice and good luck!

Hey thanks for the advice, guys. I think I'll stick to TDM for a while to get my shooting mechanics at least decent before trying MM Demo games, then. And oh man, you're totally right - that AK wrecks people so hard. I did notice it hits way, way harder than the M4s. That said, it's way more amazing how the pros in the games I've checked out can hit headshots so easily.

Another question, and I'm going to guess it's preference, but which M4 do you guys prefer? And in both CT and T sides, when playing a Demo game, is there a time when you should take the Aug or SG over the M4 or AK?

I don't even know how to bet, BTW! But I've spent a couple of bucks on cheap skins so far and even that's pretty addictive, so if it's another way of getting loot, yeah, I can totally see how it would suck people in.

M4A1-S hands down. M4A4 should have never existed because it's a totally new gun that wasn't in the previous games.

I wish they would just merge them together and add a recoil penalty with the silencer.

Weapons to learn: USP-S/P2000, Glock-18, CZ75, P250, AK-47, M4A1-S/M4A4, AWP.

udiie

Another question, and I'm going to guess it's preference, but which M4 do you guys prefer? And in both CT and T sides, when playing a Demo game, is there a time when you should take the Aug or SG over the M4 or AK?

A1 is better in my opinion, you lose the benefit of ammo, but the silencer + lower cost for force/low buy rounds makes it a solid choice

AUG or SG are good for mid to long range coverage (think for instance, in a location where an auto or awp would excel but you dont have the money for either of those)

inb4 i get told

Omega

Banned
Hey thanks for the advice, guys. I think I'll stick to TDM for a while to get my shooting mechanics at least decent before trying MM Demo games, then. And oh man, you're totally right - that AK wrecks people so hard. I did notice it hits way, way harder than the M4s. That said, it's way more amazing how the pros in the games I've checked out can hit headshots so easily.

I don't even know how to bet, BTW! But I've spent a couple of bucks on cheap skins so far and even that's pretty addictive, so if it's another way of getting loot, yeah, I can totally see how it would suck people in.

AUG/SG are kind of pointless. More expensive than AK/M4 with no real benefits to it other than maybe scope for new players.

I prefer m4a1 but that's only because i'm more accurate with it for some reason

cHinzo

I prefer m4a1 but that's only because i'm more accurate with it for some reason

Welp, that's because it's more accurate long range. :d

I just love using pew pew pew guns. CT side is so much more fun :)

The USP without silencer has such a good sound. Sadly it has worse accuracy and recoil than silenced. I wish Valve made it like 1.6, where u do more damage and have a bit better accuracy when unsilenced, but when silenced u get the advantage of not showing up on the radar and having no bullet tracers in exchange for some accuracy and damage.

Turn on console in the menu and paste this in:

cl_dm_buyrandomweapons "0"

That'll turn off random weapon buying in Deathmatch so you can buy whatever weapon you want and stay with it the entire match, unless you want to buy something else.

Is there any way to select the server region I play? I keep getting into Brazilian servers and I don't speak Portuguese. I'm good with either Spanish or English.

Odah

Banned
f100a8589a.png

After yesterday's cashout I left 10$ on the site and continued betting with it. Thank you based mouz/vp/lc <3

feelsgoodman

32.98$ !

Odah

Banned
I got a very unusual looking G-18 Grinder:

dd2e4fbfe4.jpg

I opened 2 cases and both were purple's, one of em, the shotty was stattrak....but its only worth like 1€ >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom