• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, real glad I paid around £10 for this to not work. I have very little time free at the moment because I'm writing up a thesis.
I take a 30min break every day to play a bit of CS (as the work is a bit soul destroying) and I'd just like these missions to fucking work.

Sajjaja

CSGO Lounge bots offline for the first time I want to bet D: Maybe its a sign?

EDIT: Came back online. Let's hope VP wins tomorrow D:

Omega

Banned
Overpass is one of the best maps available. Will do it when I get my next mission. Did two cobble missions and that sucked.

i suck at it. im not comfortable defending either site yet which is my main issue.

plus im only a master guardian, so no one knows any smokes. no one knows how to flash. they just rush in T side and hope they can get the kills. works about half of the time since no one at this rank can play consistently. its either CTs couldn't shoot fish in a barrel or they have aimbots.

Sajjaja

i suck at it. im not comfortable defending either site yet which is my main issue.

plus im only a master guardian, so no one knows any smokes. no one knows how to flash. they just rush in T side and hope they can get the kills. works about half of the time since no one at this rank can play consistently. its either CTs couldn't shoot fish in a barrel or they have aimbots.

The fuck....Master Guardians play like that? How am I still Silver Elite Master then?

Man today has been shitty with the ping spikes. Just played one where my team would've won 8 fucking rounds ago but of course the ping worked in the other team's favor.

Omega

Banned
The fuck....Master Guardians play like that? How am I still Silver Elite Master then?

they think they know smokes but they don't. i remember playing cache and people were saying they would smoke of ct garage from T spawn. two others would say they would smoke off mid so we could have 1 or 2 people go mid to vents. yeah, it never worked out. That garage smoke would smoke off sandbags and those mid smokes wouldn't smoke anything of value. This was just basic stuff that wouldn't work at a higher rank but gets the job done at lower ranks. It wasn't until DMG people actually started throwing smokes/team flashing into sites. i miss my 10 or so games at that rank...i should have never left for titanfall

like i told Shadow last night, most of you should be higher ranks. most of you guys have better aim than me IMO. im not saying you'll be playing like Atsou if you make some of these minor adjustments but you'll get out of silver/nova hell easily.

ps: im joining you guys in nova hell after my abandon. fuck valve and their shitty servers. why would i stay in a match when i keep rubberbanding back to the same spot

There is a disturbing lack of giveaways. So best skin for best gun giveaway is a go.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a CSGO skin. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (littleworm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Five seveN | Urban Hazard(FN) -- MB-D4A49E7B2F202D65 - Taken by Crakatak187. 12 entrants total.

360fx360f

t1416096875z1.png

Got new parts. Will build afternoon tomorrow. I took Shadownet's suggestion, and got two 970's. Inc 1,000 fps.
Two cards won't help in CS GO as it doesn't agree much with SLI and you get negative scaling. =/
I didn't notice for the longest time because on active duty maps I'm always into several hundred fps anyway, but the unoptimized breakout maps would stutter like a bitch and introduce a ton of input lag. It's best to force CS GO to run on just one card.

All your other games will run like a dream now though. =)

Omega

Banned
i just crashed my game by infinitely spawning/dropping grenades. framerate was ridiculous. i could see the details in nades/smoke/molly as they were dropping

fuck Valve and their marketplace bans. went to go add a dollar and buy a blood in the water and they block me because my card has increased use. silly me trying to buy stuff from steam

300 hundred hours in and it sill bothers me when I aim at a players cover when dealing with weapon spray. The thousands of hours in other games makes it hard to unlearn.

Omega

Banned
i have 500 hours and i suck (30 of that is probably falling asleep while watching majors).

I haven't been bad at a shooter since I first played SOCOM. even then it didnt take me 500 hours to get good. i was carrying my clan about 100 hours in.

im starting to think im never gonna be good at this game

Rivitur

Banned
i have 500 hours and i suck (30 of that is probably falling asleep while watching majors).

I haven't been bad at a shooter since I first played SOCOM. even then it didnt take me 500 hours to get good. i was carrying my clan about 100 hours in.

im starting to think im never gonna be good at this game
Hmmm... Whats the problem? Is it aim, movement, or game sense?

Omega

Banned
Hmmm... Whats the problem? Is it aim, movement, or game sense?

Mostly aim. It's how I got to DMG in the first place. playing d2/cache/inferno I would just hold B by myself. then i took a break and my aim just has never been the same. one game i'll be on point, next two i'll bottom frag and contribute nothing to my team.

but hey my i overrate myself and my movement and game sense sucks. i am down to a gold nova master after all..

Rivitur

Banned
Mostly aim. It's how I got to DMG in the first place. playing d2/cache/inferno I would just hold B by myself. then i took a break and my aim just has never been the same. one game i'll be on point, next two i'll bottom frag and contribute nothing to my team.

but hey my i overrate myself and my movement and game sense sucks. i am down to a gold nova master after all..
You need a better game sense that way if you can't out aim a someone you can out position them. Just know the tendencies of people (where they hold where they flank ect..) Use those nades to move them out of position with flashes and also pre-aim spots usually helps.

I always like this practice: (works on reaction times and aim)

Go 1v9 vs harmless bots on inferno
Turn the volume off
Have the bots randomly spawn throughout the map
Go nuts killing them
If you touch one then you lose.

You're one of the better players of our group. You have better game sense than me.

Turns out the Dust2 group was just plain lucky. The guy happened to be at the right place at the right time mostly. They played like idiots too. Then I guess we played worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom