• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, that was patched out with the introduction of 1.6 from 1.5. The delay has been in the game ever since steam has existed.

Bunnyhopping wasn't nearly as much of a problem in Vanilla CS as it was in Source. The real problem was the duck running that made your footsteps nearly silent.

It was patched during 1.6. I was there playing from 1.5 to 1.6. I remember the outrage of the delay and the patching of the M4A1 silencer removal exploit. There were even tons of videos proclaiming that the quickswitch didn't even make the awp shoot faster, but it did.

http://totalgamingnetwork.com/showthread.php?30211-CS-1-6-Various-other-improvements
Date is 2004.
1.6 released in 2003.

Source was so awful I quit playing CS until now.

ironmang

It was patched during 1.6. I was there playing from 1.5 to 1.6. I remember the outrage of the delay and the patching of the M4A1 silencer removal exploit. There were even tons of videos proclaiming that the quickswitch didn't even make the awp shoot faster, but it did.

http://totalgamingnetwork.com/showthread.php?30211-CS-1-6-Various-other-improvements
Date is 2004.
1.6 released in 2003.

Source was so awful I quit playing CS until now.

I also played during that time (6 digit for proof) and the way you posted sounded like you believed they had quickswitching to awp almost the entirety of 1.6 when in reality it was only a few months. Just found it odd you still had the muscle memory for that version of the awp when they patched that out over 10 years ago. :p

The timing and rate you get drops at is very deliberate, I feel. If the pricing for certain skins plummets due to too many of those skins flooding the market, Valve might not stand to make as much on their cut of Market transactions.

Yeah, but if they gave you a maximum of missions per Vanguard pass it should end up leveling out, right? I just kinda want to play some competitive on the new maps and have them 'count' towards that stuff, I guess.

I also played during that time (6 digit for proof) and the way you posted sounded like you believed they had quickswitching to awp almost the entirety of 1.6 when in reality it was only a few months. Just found it odd you still had the muscle memory for that version of the awp when they patched that out over 10 years ago. :p

It's not just muscle memory, it's ingrained in my mind. There has been tons of scenarios where I shoot and switch in GO, but since the delay is worst in GO, I switch for no reason.

I liked 1.5 the most since I didn't play the previous versions prior to that. I remember the freakout when WON was closing down.

ironmang

It's not just muscle memory, it's ingrained in my mind. There has been tons of scenarios where I shoot and switch in GO, but since the delay is worst in GO, I switch for no reason.

Wait, what kind of switching are you talking about? I'm thinking of the kind where you could use your knife crosshair to line up a shot then quickly switch to the awp and shoot.

Wait, what kind of switching are you talking about? I'm thinking of the kind where you could use your knife crosshair to line up a shot then quickly switch to the awp and shoot.

That, but I use to do it with the Deagle a lot. Quickswitching I think that was what it was called. Funny when you do it fast enough, it shows the Deagle shooting animations.

ironmang

That, but I use to do it with the Deagle a lot. Quickswitching I think that was what it was called. Funny when you do it fast enough, it shows the Deagle shooting animations.

Ya just surprised you still do that. I played pretty heavily up until 2009-2010 so that motion is longggg gone.

Ya just surprised you still do that. I played pretty heavily up until 2009-2010 so that motion is longggg gone.

The only reason why I still do that is because I quit soon after Source came out and just came back a few months ago. Yeah some habits is hard to kill no matter how long you were gone.

My game sense and aiming took a huge hit though. Especially aiming. Back then the servers that I played rotated to a lot of AWP and Aim Ak_colt maps.

I sure miss the old 1.5-1.6 Deagle and the MP5.

Shadownet

Banned
I get it, really I do. But my issue is when you know you have the win in hand, why is it such a big deal to give up 1 round so we can all move on with our lives?

The thing is though, our team is pretty weirdly inconsistent even if it was 15-7 and we give them 1 more round. We could be just swinging the momentum to them and end up losing. It happened before. I was there too and I wasn't about to play nice. 15-7, if you give up 1 round and lose your money that mean you have to eco for 2 more rounds. that's 15-9. If we were more consistent then I would be inclined to throw a round, but we're not.

Sajjaja

What are you guys on about when you talk about buying extra missions?

I bought the pass, but not sure what you're on about

You see those campaigns where the missions are? The last two are not available unless you purchase them. The first two come free.

cHinzo

Finally broke my 7 losing streak on my main last night. Never, ever did I experience such horrible people in matchmaking, team attacking and only buying Zeus after losing one or two rounds. Also got deranked, sadly. Man I miss the fun troll games on my smurf, which has an even higher rank. T_T dropped a 30k bomb on dust2 to break the losing streak. Awful!

Mokoi

Banned
Dammit I thought I got a skin that was worth $100, but it's only selling for around $20 right now. Oh well at least I got a good betting skin. :D

Clydefrog

Dammit I thought I got a skin that was worth $100, but it's only selling for around $20 right now. Oh well at least I got a good betting skin. :D

image.php

Mokoi

Banned
Selling an AK Wasteland Rebel Battle-Scarred get it while it's hot. However, looks factory new so price has been raised up by $500. Good deal.

Teppic

I got a pink weapon skin drop last operation. I thought it was finally my turn to get something of massive value. Turns out it was field tested and worth €3.

Ludono

Just another call for clips as I'm about halfway finished the GAFmontage.... However it'll be largely an Atsuo highlight reel at this point.

Clip Donations so far
CoolS x2
Sajaja x1
Count Antonius x1
Atsuo x9999999999

Haven't had any shining moments on the new maps yet, gonna play a bit tonight and see if I can't work in the new maps into this montage :)

Omega

Banned
Just another call for clips as I'm about halfway finished the GAFmontage.... However it'll be largely an Atsuo highlight reel at this point.

Clip Donations so far
CoolS x2
Sajaja x1
Count Antonius x1
Atsuo x9999999999

Haven't had any shining moments on the new maps yet, gonna play a bit tonight and see if I can't work in the new maps into this montage :)

i fail at using this demo mode. had a pretty nice 4k with 20 health on an eco round before =/

was trying to save it but yeah..didnt work out to well. plus i don't even know how to hide all that nonsense that's on the screen

I never have highlights and even if I had, using recording software will probably drop my fps to 12.

I guess you could download the demo and send him that? That way he can set up his own camera angles and whatnot.

I might send you something, Ludono, it's not an ace or anything. But I do have some sneaky plays.

Shadownet

Banned

How do I send you a clip? Udiie should send you his scout kills clip.

ulua

is matchmaking down for anyone else? it doesnt matter what game mode i search (DM/comp/casual), it searches forver. i can join community servers though. anyone else having this problem?

edit - nvm, seems to be working now

Lourio

Opened 2 Vanguard cases, and of course got garbage. Came so close to a Griffin, but the damn cursor trolled me and slowly went passed to land on a Firestarter....

So I went and bought myself a Cerberus. :-D

Lourio

Regarding those 2 extra missions... If you buy one do you unlock both, or do you gotta pay the $3 something again to unlock the second?

Amzin

not too big of a fan of the one or two missions every few days thing

reminds me of free to play tiredness meter stuff

im not too concerned, another valve experiment

if it doesn't work well it won't be there next time

I feel like I'd be happy doing 3 a day, as I'm just getting back into CS but my time budget is still pretty limited, and once the big patches hit LoL I'll have even less. But I only got to do the first + 1 more last night after buying my token.

That chicken kill one did take forever though.

CoolS

Either send him the demo link from Steam, upoad the demo, or make a vidoe and upload it on youtube. I uploaded on youtube.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I bought the pass and the missions so I could sell chests

But I used extra money in my PayPal account to buy them, now I can't sell chests.

Whoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom