• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
thats the thing, my aim is that bad sometimes even when i get the upper hand on people i still don't capitalize. we just played a mirage. i manage to come up through window and they had guys jungle/connector. should have been 3 easy kills, instead i only got one.

stuff like that. we still won the round but i think it came down to a 1v1. if my aim wasn't so bad we probably would have had 4 alive and never been in a position to possibly lose.

there's not many times i put myself in a bad position. i know which corners to check and all that. i just completely choke on easy kills

You're one of the better players of our group. You have better game sense than me.

Turns out the Dust2 group was just plain lucky. The guy happened to be at the right place at the right time mostly. They played like idiots too. Then I guess we played worst.
What fucked us up on dust 2 was that i should have switched to long A. i stood at B and whoever was "holding" A with you wasn't doing a good job and it was you against an entire team each round. the one round i went it was a small buy so i couldnt do much with a FAMAS against 3 guys rushing (didnt help that i fucked up a flash or smoke, i dont remember which)

We switched to T side and those guys couldn't do shit, but we gave up too many free rounds and it bit us in the ass.

If I don't play for like 2-3 days, I lose my aiming quick. I have to get the muscle memory down. I'm probably one of the better aimers of our group, behind Atsuo of course. A lot of the maps we play I'm not familiar with yet. I do kick myself for stupid mistakes, mostly kicking myself off aiming mistakes. I need to practice more with pistols and learn the calls.

Dust 2 and Inferno is more of my map.

Rivitur

Banned
Sounds like you have a thinking problem. You seem like the type of player who plays better on instinct than thinking. Try just blindly staring at the screen knowing where you're going but not anticipating what's ahead. Look for something to help you think less.

Omega

Banned
on the topic of aim, whoever Kanokare is, they're definitely a hacker or a liar.

no way anyone has aim that good on a controller. nope, won't believe it for one second.

I have the problem of staring at someone thinking about who's team their on.

I feel sorry for who ever catches me off my guard. I shoot first, think second. Animlboogy is usually my victim, mostly because of him strafing in front of me though.

There are times where my concentration drops really low, then I space out. That's when I drop the ball and if there is an enemy in front of me, I'm a goner.

Edit: Yeah I admit the A side defense was inadequate. They always went A too, our team did not taken that into account. Always did the same thing over and over. When I watched the replay, I couldn't believe how bad those guys were. The guy I accused, was actually legit, but man he has terrible aim. He kept rapid single tapping the AK, you don't do that. When he had the awp, our team just constantly walked into his crosshairs. He hardly had to aim.

About Kanokare, I have not played much games with him. I'll check out his aiming.

Omega

Banned
I have the problem of staring at someone thinking about who's team their on.

i usually space out after halftime. for 15 rounds i either had to shoot at T's or CTs. sometimes i space out and forget we switch and i end up shooting my teammates or ignoring the enemy.

i'll never forget this, but awhile back I was playing on Mirage. We started as T's and about 3 rounds into CT side I buy an awp and I'm window. my teammate is standing in palace watching outside, so when I rotated to jungle I scope in on him. I had the scope on him for a good 5 seconds, then headshot him. my teammates start dying laughing

in my defense, why the hell are you in standing in palace looking outside. we didn't even have bomb down or know where the enemies were. they could have backstabbed him

Watching the Cache game with Kano. From what I can tell, is that he does sweeps in terms of aiming. Like he aims kind of like a controller user, but he does do 180s pretty fast.

In terms of aiming, he generally does body shots. Nothing to write home about. I'll keep watching.

Omega

Banned
Watching the Cache game with Kano. From what I can tell, is that he does sweeps in terms of aiming. Like he aims kind of like a controller user, but he does do 180s pretty fast.

In terms of aiming, he generally does body shots. Nothing to write home about. I'll keep watching.

the other day i saw him pulling off some ridiculous shots. maybe it was just that one game

Rivitur

Banned
Despite the superiority of mice vs controllers. Its pretty easy to aim with the things and just bind 180° to a button and you're golden. Aiming for the head is a pain but body shots and flicks aren't too tough to do.

He does pre-aim at neck level, but if the enemy catches him off guard in this cache game I'm watching. They usually get him.

It's the only game I have downloaded with him, so I don't have much information. Perhaps you can rewatch some of his matches.

To describe his aim, it's like somebody with a really low sensitivity that constantly drags and picks up his mouse. That's what I looks like. Hence the sweep like motion to me.

Edit: He can't really spray.

Rivitur

Banned
You know what it might be. It might be that controllers don't require you to continuously move around during firefights and that way you are more accurate. So with a controller its either you die when you see someone and stand your ground or they die.

Mokoi

Banned
I can be on point with my aim one day, but then completely suck the next. It happened when I played with golgo 13, omega, and others a while back. Did absolutely terrible those games which just makes you feel like shit. Although I was drinking a lot, so that probably what was fucking me over. Also need to improve my game sense too such as pre firing before someone comes around the corner. I forget to do that so many times.

The game I just played earlier I was doing pretty good, and hitting my shots for the most part. Especially with the awp, but come the final round to tie it up I completely missed every shot. I'm going blame the huge lag spikes we were having. It freaking kept me from switching to my gun and buying.
(>_<)

Also I ended up throwing a nade right before I died which took someone to the afterlife with me. It was funny, and I'm going to need to make a webm of that.

Edit: I love starting ct because you get to use the usp. <3 that gun

ChrisW

You lose your aim so quick in this game if you don't play for a couple of days, takes about a day to warm back into it all.

I think I need a day off or some rest, I've been going to bed at like 11:30pm for the past 4 nights and then up at 7am with my son and through the night too, so my eyes are tired and reaction times suffer

I also play better when I take my time and really think about where people usually stand and where they could be coming from. I hate how nearly every silver match is a bunch of guys just running round like idiots. Can't stand walking somewhere like b tunnels and then some other guy comes running past alerting the b player that we are in tunnels then try's to walk through a smoke with the bomb, throwing it into B site

Ludono

dWqEf2Y.png

RIP NIP

Sajjaja

I won a Stattrak Desert Eagle Crimson Web FT from Nip vs VP :3

Do I keep it or nahhhh? Also, is VP a sure bet against TBDb?

EDIT: lol fuck...TBD...I'm so stupid. Is VP gonna win against Mouz or C9?

ChrisW

Wish Id have know how to submit a demo for you with my pistol ace :(

CoolS are you playing with motion blur? You scene seemed weried

Morzak

So after a long time I decided to give CS another shot. Man I have to say I suck..... I don't know 14 years ago everything seemed to be easier :) .
Still need 5 Wins to get ranked, it's a bit frustrating like herding cats. My aim and movement aren't good but you can't bring people to actually hold spots when defending everyone wants to rush and saferounds are a foreign concept.....

I fear I will never have enough time to get decent at the game again and The place I'm now isn't really fun in matchmaking.

Ludono

That was amazing. Thank you for taking the time to do this :D

Wish Id have know how to submit a demo for you with my pistol ace :(

CoolS are you playing with motion blur? You scene seemed weried

The trouble with combining a bunch of clips from multiple sources is inconsistency, CoolS and my own clips were 60FPS while everyone else was 30 or 24 FPS forcing me to render at 30FPS to keep it semi-smooth, also explains the disparity in the clip quality (YT/Stream vs demo recordings). Of course, my render options might have been off as well since I'm not THAT good at video editing :3

Sajjaja

The trouble with combining a bunch of clips from multiple sources is inconsistency, CoolS and my own clips were 60FPS while everyone else was 30 or 24 FPS forcing me to render at 30FPS to keep it semi-smooth, also explains the disparity in the clip quality (YT/Stream vs demo recordings). Of course, my render options might have been off as well since I'm not THAT good at video editing :3

What's the best way for good quality clips?

May I present the CSGAF MONTAGE
Not the greatest from an editing perspective but I think it turned out okay :)

Good stuff dude!

So after a long time I decided to give CS another shot. Man I have to say I suck..... I don't know 14 years ago everything seemed to be easier :) .
Still need 5 Wins to get ranked, it's a bit frustrating like herding cats. My aim and movement aren't good but you can't bring people to actually hold spots when defending everyone wants to rush and saferounds are a foreign concept.....

I fear I will never have enough time to get decent at the game again and The place I'm now isn't really fun in matchmaking.

Just remember that CS Gaf will always be here for moral support, we've all been there.

Ludono

What's the best way for good quality clips?

In a perfect world I'd download your demos and record them all myself but that's a lot more work haha

Recording off your demos rather than live streams or whatnot works just fine, if possible at 60FPS (Makes slo-mo much more smooth ;D )

Sajjaja

In a perfect world I'd download your demos and record them all myself but that's a lot more work haha

Recording off your demos rather than live streams or whatnot works just fine, if possible at 60FPS (Makes slo-mo much more smooth ;D )

What OBS settings do I need for 60fps?

EDIT: Annnd it's right in the settings lol.

I know that feel. Funny thing was that it waa actually harder in 1.6 in some ways, but easier in others.

ChrisW

So quick question, with missions that don't have a crate as a drop, is there the chance of getting a pink or red skin as a mission drop or do they only come from the crates? If it's the latter then wth does my money get me?

So quick question, with missions that don't have a crate as a drop, is there the chance of getting a pink or red skin as a mission drop or do they only come from the crates? If it's the latter then wth does my money get me?

I don't think so, purple seems to be the best quality skins from them. If you scroll over the mission in your journal it will tell you which skins have a chance to drop.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I saw someone on our team last night with a buttefly knife and it reignited my lust for one, I'm so tempted to just drop $100 on it lol @__@

garath

On second thought maybe I will get my money back. Got a factory new AK predator for completing a demo mission. Worth $10!

edit: and it sold in about 30 seconds. I'm in the black for this pass now. :)

Mokoi

Banned
lol the odds just keep evening out now. it's now 59-41 in favour of VP.

It sucks that you can't lock in your odds....

Just a rule of thumb to follow is that don't ever bet on VP when they're the team in favor. Having said that, I don't think c9 can pull off another win.

I had no idea ESEA gave out guest passes to try out premium, so here have a code. (QUOTE TO REVEAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom