• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned

fede08cc86.png

Guess See You In Overwatch has to be the next OT now

love fribergs response lol

Clydefrog

CSGO |OT2| Youuuuu have a gambling problem.

CSGO |OT2| Save your skins from Gamblor's neon claws.

CSGO |OT2| This guy is a fucking idiot.

CSGO |OT2| Clyde, that's not a frog.

lol. I believe the quote was "this guy is fucking idiot"

and IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE A FROG

Clydefrog

Too bad we don't go fast enough to have a seasonal holiday thread. Something like:

CS:GO |OT2| Holiday Thread! Merry Smurfmas, Happy Hackakkah, … Kwanzaa!

Merry HaXmas, Happy Smurfukkah… Kwanzaa!

although Smurfukkah doesn't sound right..

Omega

Banned
I don't think Valve cares if some random players cheat. When you're sponsoring tournaments and having e-sport cases that help fund these tournaments, and players are cheating and being suspected of cheating?

Either Valve is going to abandon the game or might actually have one person try to figure out how to at least minimize the cheating.
my guess is the former, they just made like $30mil of a digital book with Dota, they don't need CS

soultron

Banned
SMN admitted to cheating, even gave a list of players who also cheat

pyth
olofmeister
krimz
rallen
KQLY
Kioshima
Apex
JW
Virtus.pro (dont know exactly which players from VP)
Several german players

KQLY just went down. that fragbite video i linked is extremely suspect of olofmeister. Either that or dude is the luckiest player in the universe

Wow. JW being a cheater really kills me inside. So many of his amazing plays the past few months might have been assisted by cheats? Disgusting.

olofm too. :(

Praying that all of the C9 guys are clean. I like those dudes too much, even if they really blow it sometimes.

Omega

Banned
Semphis plays like the same idiot on stream/on LAN. sgares is sgares, n0thing sometimes looks like a god, other times worse than sgares so its probably just an inconsistency issue with him because its the same when he streams. C9 seems legit to me

If that list ends up being accurate, there's going to be a witch hunt for even more players. Hiko's famous 180 headshot on NiP player at double doors would have anyone in matchmaking mashing on the report button. There's probably someone right now analyzing ever Hiko play ever just because of that clip and the current cheating situation

i hope Pasha isn't the one from VP. I like pasha

Yeah I love C9. All of them. Especially Hiko and Shroud. Sean Gares is the weak link, but he actually takes tries to answer questions. One night he tried so hard to fix his stream quality even though he didn't need to. Good guy Gares.

Clydefrog

How do "pros" cheat? They can't do it at LANs right because it'd be too obvious?

Frankly, I wouldn't consider someone/a team a pro unless they consistenly do well at LANs.

Sajjaja

How do "pros" cheat? They can't do it at LANs right because it'd be too obvious?

Frankly, I wouldn't consider someone/a team a pro unless they consistenly do well at LANs.

The problem with qualifiers is that they aren't held in a LAN or supervised area, but at home on your own personal computer. So people could easily do whatever and not be caught, until now at least.

Omega

Banned

Not really. When the first pro player got banned for cheating, HLTV did an article about how there's no one really watching these players. It's something I've noticed, especially since I used to watch MLG and there would be like 5 referees watching the players.

Apparently there's also workshop cheats. so even though it's not your PC, this stuff is in the steam cloud tied to your account.

soultron

Banned

Wasn't that one pro who was VACd a few days ago trying to assert that a Workshop exploit/vulnerability allowed people to cheat at LANs?

I never really see anyone watching or supervising the PCs at major LANs, so it could be possible?

Omega

Banned
So shouldn't others have been banned by now too if this is a VAC ban wave? I'm going to laugh if this was just a false positive

Hopefully this is the case, but it's also possible there's just not a ban wave yet. it's not like that's the only time a VAC ban occurs.

ChrisW

So can anyone explain what this cheat is, via the workshop? I'm slightly confused. I've watch a fair few pro matches now and also watched a lot of cheaters to know what wallhacking looks like.

What are the cheats they are using?

Omega

Banned
So can anyone explain what this cheat is, via the workshop? I'm slightly confused. I've watch a fair few pro matches now and also watched a lot of cheaters to know what wallhacking looks like.

What are the cheats they are using?

I don't know how it works, but I know sometimes when I would play certain workshop maps with specific console commands, some of them would carry over to casual matches/offline matches when i would just warm up against bots

it was never anything that gave me an advantage, just small stuff that I never changed myself but noticed.

Ensirius

Nice. MM match, one guy starts afk'ing, after being away 3 rounds starts insulting me, then leaves the game. A friend of his says he is coming back, he doesn't come back, he then also leaves the game. This game's community is one of the worst I have ever seen. It burns me out so fucking much, between this and all the cheaters.

K.Sabot

Sigh... let's just get this cheater-era of CS out of the way by admitting it runs very deep into team's rosters like they did with Steroids-era baseball.

udiie

i hope these pro bannings bring light to the prevalence of cheating in this game
it wont
its hard to take anything without a grain of doubt when in mm with randoms

frbrr

No, but there will be a sale in the next 1-3 weeks, so close enough

It might be time for a mini MM break when that sale hits

The way valve handles cheating is crap, the least they could do is add a notification when someone you've played against gets banned, so you know they got what was coming to them.
The way it is now you play the guy, get destroyed and that is the last you hear of him. It would be so much better if the legit players could feel like they "won" in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom