• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayMay

Banned
I need this in my life

Logitech G502. Best optical sensor on the market.

I got that one, it's a great mouse --- but the damn scrollwheel is a pain in my ass D: Not sure if they fixed it by now - but when I bought it I read many reviews that mentioned the scrollwheel being kinda ehh - and its exactly that. Now, after a few months of use (got it in June) it's already sometimes not registering properly. Which, in fact, sometimes fucks me over while AWPing lol because I use my scrollwheel for the quickswitch.

There's a difference between having fun and acting like drunk teenagers. but hey maybe you should make some more sarcastic comments because I told you, your boy and someone rapping to shut the fuck up for a few seconds so I could hear some footsteps.

soultron am I a party pooper? I thought we had fun last night, maybe im crazy

Well, you do usually sound bored out of your mind while playing - even when there's not much stupid "drunk teenager" stuff going on. But that might just be my impression, maybe you're having the time of your life and I just dont notice lol.
Or maybe you're just annoyed every time we happen to play together

Morzak

I heard there is a Bestbuy Black Friday deal on it. Buy it and get 50 dollar Steam gift card.

I hardly use my scroll wheel so it is fine.

That seems to be pretty good deal. The cheapest where I live is around 90-100$ for the G502. If the the mouse fits you it's a good one for sure, I just wish they would have kept a cleaner design.

I suck so bad at tracking moving targets, Try to play a lot on aim maps now with some DM config, Maybe I will one day be able to track them decently, it also helps getting strafe stop burs/tapping down and getting quicker at it I feel during normal DM I tend to get sloppy with it.

Wunder

This is my greatest fear playing with GAFfers, to find out you're all terrible people and then never being able to post in the thread again.

Haroon

? ? ? It was about what ezio was talking about above

I now know what you are writing about. And I agree with your statement about the time it was... That can't be possible right? To erase something that old that quick. There's something wrong in that isn't there?

Wunder

I now know what you are writing about. And I agree with your statement about the time it was... That can't be possible right? To erase something that old that quick. There's something wrong in that isn't there?

Brown pants. Grey sweater.

Sajjaja

There's a difference between having fun and acting like drunk teenagers. but hey maybe you should make some more sarcastic comments because I told you, your boy and someone rapping to shut the fuck up for a few seconds so I could hear some footsteps.

soultron am I a party pooper? I thought we had fun last night, maybe im crazy
Yeah you sounded ridiculously bored when you played with us. And then promptly left mumble without saying a word. And I wasnt being sarcastic, that was you. No need to be upset.

Rivitur

Banned
Shit I know I play to have fun even in serious games. When I play in private games we sometime just talk about random shit and do things on the fly. Every other sentence would be a call but the majority of the time we just chill an have a good time.

Lourio

Why do I keep getting matched with shitty ass players, players who don't give a fuck, players who drop... WHY?! I am constantly losing/deranking - it's so infuriating lol.

/end rant.

Odah

Banned
Why do I keep getting matched with shitty ass players, players who don't give a fuck, players who drop... WHY?! I am constantly losing/deranking - it's so infuriating lol.

/end rant.

I almost did a 30k bomb yesterday with gaffers, my best game ever D:

also here are some funny screenshots I took in the past weeks:

ec9f7b8401.jpg

seriously?

this is just depressing...

don't fuck with this chicken!

Omega

Banned
Yeah you sounded ridiculously bored when you played with us. And then promptly left mumble without saying a word. And I wasnt being sarcastic, that was you. No need to be upset.

because we ended up tying a game we should have won on a map that's CT sided because you and Paul wouldn't stop acting like idiots. I get annoyed because it's a game that should have ended 20 minutes earlier

What blows my mind even more was we played that dumbass map because someone needed a mission, so even on a map you guys need you don't even care. Which is fine, but I'm not sure why I'm invited. While I take the game more serious than others I'm not trying to be the next Hiko. I still like to have fun, I just want to actually win and get better.

Rivitur

Banned
because we ended up tying a game we should have won on a map that's CT sided because you and Paul wouldn't stop acting like idiots. I get annoyed because it's a game that should have ended 20 minutes earlier

What blows my mind even more was we played that dumbass map because someone needed a mission, so even on a map you guys need you don't even care. Which is fine, but I'm not sure why I'm invited. While I take the game more serious than others I'm not trying to be the next Hiko. I still like to have fun, I just want to actually win and get better.
Why didn't you say you needed to get better? I know a guy with cheats who can help ya.

Divius

Just played with randoms. I'm playing terrible on purpose, trying to derank and my team is terrible anyway so whatever. We win (lol the enemy team was even worse) and I rank up (up!). What the fuck. I even managed to get a negative score and everything.

Enemy kept missing awp shots, meanwhile I am just dancing and running around with my knife out (spectating teammates both amused and annoyed) until he finally manages to shoot me in the foot before my teammate kills him. ffffuuuuuu

--

edit: Lourio what is the link to your steamprofile?

Lourio

Apparently the german website 99damage.de did an interview with either smn, the cheatcoder or even both I don't know and will publish it tommorow.
They said it will be a crazy day and to be prepared for some crazy news.

We can expect some names I guess.

https://twitter.com/MooZE_99/status/536989618596749312

https://de-de.facebook.com/myKnochen
"That was a long day. I think that was the longest interview of my life. It will probably go live tomorrow. I don't want to disclose details, but tomorrow will be crazy. Back home now."

Here's the i'view - Link

Link said:
If you had to tell us a number, how many players are cheating on a professional level?

Well, it is hard to tell unless you can check the DLL-files. If you want to hear a number from me, I’d say at least 5 in Germany and international about 30.

Ridiculous and dirty.

/spit

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

That's a little unfair to say that we didn't care, I can't speak for sajj but I was trying my best, and yeah admittedly sometimes our team likes to mess around over comms to lighten the mood. You did really good that game and I'm sorry that we lost, but there's no reason to harbor negative feelings. We all have our bad days.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Reading that interview it seems pretty obvious to me how to solve the cheating problem in matchmaking.
Valve would just have to buy the popular public hacks, look at the code and ban all the players using it. Repeat this everytime the hacks get updated and the number of cheaters using public hacks goes down rapidly.
Or like he said look for people who disable DEP or whatever that is.

As for the professional scene and private hacks, just make it impossible for them to use their hacks on lan.

Lourio

Reading that interview it seems pretty obvious to me how to solve the cheating problem in matchmaking.
Valve would just have to buy the popular public hacks, look at the code and ban all the players using it. Repeat this everytime the hacks get updated and the number of cheaters using public hacks goes down rapidly.

As for the professional scene and private hacks, just make it impossible for them to use their hacks on lan.

With all the money Valve has from skins, they can easily contact/hire these hack coders and create an anti-cheat system that works - fight fire with fire.

cresto

With all the money Valve has from skins, they can easily contact/hire these hack coders and create an anti-cheat system that works - fight fire with fire.

Even still, I think hackers will continue to find ways around it because it's too lucrative to just let it go.

Xizk

They already look at DEP. If it's not on then you get a VAC authentication error and get kicked from games until you fix it.

Lourio

Even still, I think hackers will continue to find ways around it because it's too lucrative to just let it go.

Valve can start by getting the 'top' coders by buying their coding - can be a starting point to catching new coders coming onto the scene. But then again, how much does Valve care about hackers and the competitive scene?

Mokoi

Banned
It would break my heart to find out all of screamo headshots are because of chetz.

Also dam people started to wise up and bet on Mspaz.

Sajjaja

Joking around is acting like idiots. Gotcha. We don't want to win either. Word. Playing with 5 is worse than playing with 4. Mhmm. Didn't win cause we had fun in comms and not because we were off our game. 100%.

Next time (if ever) you play with us, I'll be sure to bring up The Hunger.
That's a little unfair to say that we didn't care, I can't speak for sajj but I was trying my best, and yeah admittedly sometimes our team likes to mess around over comms to lighten the mood. You did really good that game and I'm sorry that we lost, but there's no reason to harbor negative feelings. We all have our bad days.
Yup.

cresto

Valve can start by getting the 'top' coders by buying their coding - can be a starting point to catching new coders coming onto the scene. But then again, how much does Valve care about hackers and the competitive scene?

Considering the amount of money they make off skins and the tournaments, the prevalence of hacking would ruin the scene and destroy the skins market. Therefore, Valve has a huge incentive to crack down and remove the ability to hack the game so easily.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but this is why console gaming is better. The ability to cheat is so much harder. I changed to consoles after COD2 due to hacking and the inability to keep up with a decent computer. I got tired of dealing with people who wanted to get an advantage in the game. It sucks and I don't think it will ever go away especially when the community is made of mostly young males 15-30 years old.

Omega

Banned
Joking around is acting like idiots. Gotcha. We don't want to win either. Word. Playing with 5 is worse than playing with 4. Mhmm. Didn't win cause we had fun in comms and not because we were off our game. 100%.

Next time (if ever) you play with us, I'll be sure to bring up The Hunger.

Yup.

That's not the first time I played with you. You guys do the same shit every game. No worries though, I have no intention of playing with either of you again.

You can blame it on the "bad game" but you guys seemed highly focused on mocking me and Shadow for wanting you guys to just shut up for a few minutes. You guys even made it a point to bring it up at least twice, with an added sarcastic comment about how I'm friends with Shadow so that makes me important.

Fun fact, it was 15-9 before this all started. but yeah, lets blame this on a "bad game" but hey, at least you guys had fun that match

This is my greatest fear playing with GAFfers, to find out you're all terrible people and then never being able to post in the thread again.

I've yet to come across a GAFfer that wasn't friendly and great to play with... wait, does that mean I'm the terrible person? =O

Oh, I've been missing all the drama above. Eh, that's why I have two accounts: one for when I'm feeling competitive, and one which I couldn't give a fuck about and use just to have fun with anyone and everyone willing.

Sajjaja

That's not the first time I played with you. You guys do the same shit every game. No worries though, I have no intention of playing with either of you again.

You can blame it on the "bad game" but you guys seemed highly focused on mocking me and Shadow for wanting you guys to just shut up for a few minutes. You guys even made it a point to bring it up at least twice, with an added sarcastic comment about how I'm friends with Shadow so that makes me important.

Fun fact, it was 15-9 before this all started. but yeah, lets blame this on a "bad game" but hey, at least you guys had fun that match
See ya. If you're going to be so hostile over this idgaf.

And the bolded never happened.

Fun fact, you carried us the entire game, so of anything, you stopped performing (but that's because we were having too much fun in comms of course.)

I just saw the most epic "I'll just wait here for you to run elsewhere and go defuse the bomb" scenario just now. 5 vs 1 players with the CT 1 just standing there and looking at the guys for at least 30 seconds and then defusing on the last second. I haven't seen quite something like that since my Enemy Territory competitive playing days

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

All that needs to be said about this pent up anger in here.

Sajjaja

I just saw the most epic "I'll just wait here for you to run elsewhere and go defuse the bomb" scenario just now. 5 vs 1 players with the CT 1 just standing there and looking at the guys for at least 30 seconds and then defusing on the last second. I haven't seen quite something like that since my Enemy Territory competitive playing days
Ninja defuses like that are the greatest feelings.

But what I'm still surprised with is this competitive ET scene you speak of.

Omega

Banned
See ya. If you're going to be so hostile over this idgaf.

And the bolded never happened.

Fun fact, you carried us the entire game, so of anything, you stopped performing (but that's because we were having too much fun in comms of course.)

haha yes it did. I was underpass AWPing when one of you said "Geez guys can we calm down the chatter before I leave. I'm only here because of Shadow ". Maybe it wasn't you that said it but someone said it. That's a quote almost verbatim by the way. It just so coincidentally happened two rounds after I said "I'm about to leave mumble" because you guys were talking and someone was rapping and I couldn't hear shit

and yeah I'm not Atsou, I can't carry that hard. To be honest I don't even think Atsou could carry you guys either

Ninja defuses like that are the greatest feelings.

But what I'm still surprised with is this competitive ET scene you speak of.

Ironically CS:GO is the only game that brings me the ET scene feels these days, back in the day I would only play CS1.6 every now and then for funnies.

Sajjaja

and yeah I'm not Atsou, I can't carry that hard. To be honest I don't even think Atsou could carry you guys either
Lol we've played with Atsuo just fine and won many times (and atsuo is much friendlier and funner than you are). But enough of your shit now. Ignored.
Ironically CS:GO is the only game that brings me the ET scene feels these days, back in the day I would only play CS1.6 every now and then for funnies.
Yeah wasn't good at CS back in the day. Fairly lost in the game as well. ET always kept me coming back for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom