• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

burning-bridge.jpg

It's funny cause I'm the one who calls Shadow out all the time for stepping out of line and being rude to others, passively or explicitly.

Morzak

o_O dat Drama.

Had 2 great games today, one where I got carried and one lost and i didn't play good... And the incredible thing was I had pretty nice teamates, not much communication but also not much raging going on, which is normally a staple in the games I'm in.... Still need to get better to get out of silver.

Bad habits are hard to break out of. I find that everybody has a unique shooting style, bad or good.

Rapid tapping is super bad and nobody should do that though.

Omega likes to one tap, if he keeps missing the head he's screwed.

Some of our player's crosshair placements are bad. Stop staring at the wall or ground.

Oh yeah, switch to pistols when you're out of ammo in a firefight.

Tell that to my dear friend; THE TEC-9 MOTHERFUCKAAAAAAHHH

TAK
TAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAK
TAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAK
TAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAKTAK
TAK
He knows I am talking about the AK.

First bullet accuracy is too inconsistent on the AK.

Scream would get kicked out of Titan for a cheater ha.

Morzak

On the topic of shooting, does the AK have a slight inaccuracy on the first shot? It at least feels like it during my aim map sessions.

On the topic of shooting, does the AK have a slight inaccuracy on the first shot? It at least feels like it during my aim map sessions.
It's not like 1.6. The first shot accuracy has a bit of rng in it.

There is a reason why spraying is so big in this game. The recoil is drastically lower and there is more rng in the shots. Shooting more bullets increases the chances of you dropping the enemy due to that. Of course there is still recoil control, but it's much easier than 1.6.

Morzak

It's not like 1.6. The first shot accuracy has a bit of rng in it.

Ok, I started to doubt my sanity because I remembered the first shot to be 100% all the time in 1.6 and before. A bit sad this seems to make the 1 tap style a bit random..... Are the AUg/Sig 100% on the first? maybe that would explain it...

I don't really use the Aug or Sig, like a true 1.6 vet haha.
The Deagle is pretty inaccurate as well. It's complete crap in this game compared to the others.

Scream does burst, just not on the AK.

Yeah when you let them run you put your teammate's life at risk. Shoot him down.

I've been focusing on changing from crouching all the time like I used to, to rarely crouching while shooting as it's a detriment to do so on the lower levels. As a result my accuracy has slipped leading to less kills I think.

Oh about the crouching. It's not as effective as it use to be in 1.6. It doesn't really decrease the recoil that much. It does reduce the spread a little bit.

Generally you can still use crouching as a shooting advantage. The 5th shot of the AK always have a bigger jump than the other shots, so crouching just before the 5th shot helps minimize the recoil on that.

For me, I just drag down harder because I'm uncomfortable using my pinky to crouch. Maybe when I get a new mouse soon.

Shadownet

Banned
Well shit, man, I'll get into this. The "no fun club" stuff was just friendly ribbing. It didn't get acrimonious until this stuff in the thread. And the vibe of what was said was of utter annoyance, followed by Omega saying, "I'm seriously thinking of just leaving Mumble."

At that point both Omega and I were annoyed by the fact that even when I asked as nicely as I possibly could at the time. We still didn't get the silence we needed. i can understand making joke at the beginning of the round or if there is like 1 guy left vs 3-4 but it's ridiculous when we're 5v3 and we have no idea if the enemy is still pushing A or if they're already making their way to B cause you can't hear anything.

I have fun with Atsou even if I'm getting majorly carried. Because Atsou know when to just stop making jokes for 10 seconds and concentrate.

Omega

Banned
Well shit, man, I'll get into this. The "no fun club" stuff was just friendly ribbing. It didn't get acrimonious until this stuff in the thread. And the vibe of what was said was of utter annoyance, followed by Omega saying, "I'm seriously thinking of just leaving Mumble."

If you're looking for a rock solid game, no fucking around, then get some groups going with those people. That's what I do. I play with Atsou when I want to learn (or just hear him say hilarious shit). I play with Paul and Saj when I want to have fun while still trying for a win. I play with guys like Unknown when I want to get out of bad habits and win (the dude has interesting things to say about everybody's playstyles).

I didn't even want to keep responding to this situation but..

I didn't want to play that match, it's why I got on my alt
(that's not usually why I get on my alt though)
. I don't want to play a lot of the time when I know who is in the party, yet even if I say no, some people still insist on inviting me. I even posted on GAF that I was probably going to just solo queue for a bit because I was getting annoyed with certain members. Yet a couple of hours after that post, I'm still getting invites to play with the people I don't even want to play with.

It's my fault, I should have just said "nope, fuck that guy I don't want to play with him" but I didn't want to be that much of a dick.

MayMay

Banned
I didn't even want to keep responding to this situation but..

I didn't want to play that match, it's why I got on my alt
(that's not usually why I get on my alt though)
. I don't want to play a lot of the time when I know who is in the party, yet even if I say no, some people still insist on inviting me. I even posted on GAF that I was probably going to just solo queue for a bit because I was getting annoyed with certain members. Yet a couple of hours after that post, I'm still getting invites to play with the people I don't even want to play with.

It's my fault, I should have just said "nope, fuck that guy I don't want to play with him" but I didn't want to be that much of a dick.

Well.. if you don't want to join, don't..... join. A 5th that's annoyed, and doesnt want to be there really isnt something desirable imo.

The thing is, it's like that, but not exactly. It has a random factor to where the bullets would hit. The direction is spot on.

For me, I generally get a feel of the recoil rather than to think about it. The last bullet is a pain in the ass.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I just placed my first bet and went all in on Mousespaz with my 4 most valuable items (which are 11 dollars total lol).

I don't usually like betting but I thought the odds were extremely good.

Some of you get way too serious about this shit. Like when the group of guys I play with plays for fun, and then someone comes in and starts getting serious and freaking the fuck out about stupid shit, I don't really wanna bother anymore.

Morzak

haha yeah that was exactly my experience on some longer range shots on aim training.... annoying especially since the m4a1 seems to be insanely accurate.

I don't really use the Aug or Sig, like a true 1.6 vet haha.
The Deagle is pretty inaccurate as well. It's complete crap in this game compared to the others.

Scream does burst, just not on the AK.

Yeah the Deagle seems to be rather pointless, the CZ is so good and even the 5-7 is pretty powerful, I feel like the pistols in GO are pretty dangerous.

Had a really nice game on Nuke just now nice teammates and the top 4 were pretty close ( I was the 4th :/ ).

Mokoi

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

360fx360f

AK-47 | Redline (Field-Tested) -- MB-B792D96D7C3829C3 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 25 entrants total.
t1417040834z1.png

I like the default ak better. Also this is a decent betting skin. :)

Omega

Banned
For people that don't like comp? :lol

nah, for people that just wanna have "fun" (you know because there's only one specific way to have fun)

The game gives you a damn message that you're about to waste almost 90 minutes of your life on a match. I would think most normal humans would want to shorten that time as much as possible.

but hey, I clearly just don't understand the concept of fun.

If you're implying what I think you're implying then - You can't be serious. Casual is everything but fun.

If you don't want to play in lighthearted and fun groups, then don't. But implying that people like that belong in casual? Lolno

I play with Atsou. I don't care if people want to just have fun. He's as lighthearted as they come..

It's when you (in general, not specifically you) throw a bunch of rounds because you can't take 30 seconds out of your "fun time" to get the win and get back in the lobby where we can just bullshit around while waiting for another match.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm going to go ahead and admit it, I mocked shadow when he made that comment "can we keep the radio chatter to a minimum" because he mocked sajj and I several times beforehand ( once about "letting the adults play" and once about my k/d spread LOL). If you are going to have a condescending attitude towards a team mate in counterstrike because of k/d, you are no longer actively playing as a team, you are competing against eachother.

When you were silver 3, silver 4, your k/d wasn't that great either, but we never said anything because that's what a team does, we have respect for eachother. If you want to have a pissing match with k/d, you will get a negative reaction from me (and anyone else you mention that shit to). Keep that mentality out of counterstrike.

Sajj and I know when to behave during a game, radio chatter at spawn and the first 10-15 seconds is not distracting, in fact, it was never an issue until we played that game amazingly enough. If this upsets you (omega), well, we already know you're no longer going to play with us, problem solved.

The game is over, move on or continue to cry about it. There's absolutely nothing of value from continuing this conversation. And lol @ playing casual comment, just shows how petty this shit is, give it a fucking rest.

And no one on our team threw rounds, I have no idea why you keep implying this.

nah, for people that just wanna have "fun" (you know because there's only one specific way to have fun)

The game gives you a damn message that you're about to waste almost 90 minutes of your life on a match. I would think most normal humans would want to shorten that time as much as possible.

but hey, I clearly just don't understand the concept of fun.

I play with Atsou. I don't care if people want to just have fun. He's as lighthearted as they come..

It's when you (in general, not specifically you) throw a bunch of rounds because you can't take 30 seconds out of your "fun time" to get the win and get back in the lobby where we can just bullshit around while waiting for another match.
I wanna play with people who can have fun and still manage to get wins (we know when to turn it off). What I don't wanna deal with is people who throw tantrums over inane shit. And do silly things out of spite like stop talking completely or buying bizons for the whole game. Thanks for the pigeonholing though.

Sajjaja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

they made casual for a reason, im just sayin.

Just for fun. Right. You posted earlier that it's possible to complete a mission, win and have fun at the same time after which you edited it out, so I'll continue playing Comp AND have fun.

Let's all just move on as we've all contributed to an unnecessary amount of drama in this sacred thread. Then we can all stop being smart asses.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm going to go ahead and admit it, I mocked shadow when he made that comment "can we keep the radio chatter to a minimum" because he mocked sajj and I several times beforehand ( once about "letting the adults play" and once about my k/d spread LOL). If you are going to have a condescending attitude towards a teammate in counterstrike because of k/d, you are no longer actively playing as a team, you are competing against each other.

When you were silver 3, silver 4, your k/d wasn't that great either, but we never said anything because that's what a team does, we have respect for eachother. If you want to have a pissing match with k/d, you will get a negative reaction from me (and anyone else you mention that shit to). Keep that mentality out of counterstrike.

Sajj and I know when to behave during a game, radio chatter at spawn and the first 10-15 seconds is not distracting, in fact, it was never an issue until we played that game amazingly enough. If this upsets you (omega), well, we already know you're no longer going to play with us, problem solved.

The game is over, move on or continue to cry about it. There's absolutely nothing of value from continuing this conversation. And lol @ playing casual comment, just shows how petty this shit is, give it a fucking rest.

And no one on our team threw rounds, I have no idea why you keep implying this.

Alright I'll apologize for what I said, and you are right the first 10-15 seconds is not distracting. But there are time when either you or Saj got killed and you guys get into your couple argument. (I say couple because you guys weren't mad at one another) About how "omg, you told me he was X but he was Y." etc. That is when we're in the middle of a round and that when it get distracting. Otherwise I have no problem with you guys joking around during the beginning or at the end of a round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom