• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Guiz, where's the <3 ?

Cs go drama is intense, we could probably make a daytime drama out of it.

There's no need for us to continue this babble though, it's time to move on. Some personalities just don't get along with others, it's a way of life.

I just finished that article and it's crazy to even assume there will be people who are using hacks during dreamhack :(

ChrisW

Does anyone have a spare m4-s skin I could have? Just something to take away from the drab black? I have an AK skin already (predator)

Wish I could play with you guys sometime. Sounds like things get interesting :p

Sadly I live on the other side of the planet from most of you so it's not viable.

Mokoi

Banned
Does anyone have a spare m4-s skin I could have? Just something to take away from the drab black? I have an AK skin already (predator)

Yes I believe so. I'll send you a gift offer later when I'm home. Oh add me, steam link in my gaf profile.

^
Seems like invite teams are getting special treatment.

Ludono

Yes I believe so. I'll send you a gift offer later when I'm home. Oh add me, steam link in my gaf profile.

^
Seems like invite teams are getting special treatment.

Yeah they were invited rather than won qualifying matches... though still it seems odd since they were invited on the prowess of their team with the hackers....

Clydefrog

Wish I could play with you guys sometime. Sounds like things get interesting :p

Sadly I live on the other side of the planet from most of you so it's not viable.

I have yet to play any MM games with gaffers. I think I'm only friends with PAULINK and CountAntonius though. PAULINK lives in England and Count won't play with me.

Anyone here live west coast USA want to hook up?

cresto

I have yet to play any MM games with gaffers. I think I'm only friends with PAULINK and CountAntonius though. PAULINK lives in England and Count won't play with me.

Rank? Im in Denver

Edit: No offense to anyone lower and a MG2, but I refuse to play with you. I've tried playing with lower ranked people and now I've dropped to MGE after being a DMG forever. I keep getting matched up with people who have zero game sense and terrible aims therefore continuing my decline even though I am top fragging every match. Put up 28 kills and had a guy on our team with 6.

Omega

Banned

animlboogy is west coast as well

maybe now he'll be able to play on something other than 90 ping lol

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

I live in america :x , though the only reason we've never queued up before is because I'm such a low rank in comparison to you lol. I am a nova 2 now though.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
When the hell did people start thinking Paul was in europe? What is your rank at Paul? You still holding firm in the Nova region?

I have no idea, I think it's just clyde who thought that :p
I've managed to get to nova 2 lately with the help of our awesome team, having some good games lately.

MayMay

Banned
I'm not here for a few hours, and people end up killing each other in here wat.
Might be a bit lttp but I'd like to make a few points on that as well if that's okay.

I think it's easy to confuse a lighthearted atmosphere with not trying hard. While I can only talk for myself, I - usually - try my best. And I actually perform way better if the atmosphere in the mumble/in-game chat isnt 100% serious. I noticed that alot of times, actually. No clue why, maybe it's related to being under pressure - and joking around a bit ingame takes that off me and therefore enhancing my play.

I wasn't there that particular game, I think - because I can't remember anyone ever "rapping" so I might've missed something.. but that's just how I think of it.

I have my mumble/in-game comms turned down quite a bit - so no matter how much joking around is going on I can still always focus in moments when it is necessary.

RedRumy3

I was having a hard time choosing between Cloud9/HellRaisers and IBuyPower/Copenhagen Wolves

udbsUQX.jpg

Rivitur

Banned
Whoa another texan. Pls tell me you own a gun, and love football to confirm sterotypes. :p
Mr Dallas I assume
San antonio.
I do neither, please deport me.
Everyone owns a gun in texas. You're slacking..
Now we just need someone from El Paso..

I was having a hard time choosing between Cloud9/HellRaisers and IBuyPower/Copenhagen Wolves

udbsUQX.jpg
HR isn't good in any sort of tournament so you're fine. CPW is the type of team that on paper can't do much damage but they play better than a MyXMG type of team. You should be fine with IBP tho

MayMay

Banned
Just got destroyed 1:16 on Mirage. First match of the day, and it matched us vs. a whole team of MGEs.

The new matchmaking is so broken, we had a MGE on our team - but usually the game would've given us fairly "fair" enemies regardless. Now its just "oh, MGE is the highest rank in your lobby? Everyone else is Nova 3-4? Have fun fighting a lobby full of MGEs!"

ChrisW

Forgot I can trade from phone. If you want it right now just send me a offer for one of the skins except the stattrak darkwater. :)

Whoa another texan. Pls tell me you own a gun, and love football to confirm sterotypes. :p

Which one is worth the least? I don't want to take the piss and ask for your most valuable m4, thats not cool

Shadownet

Banned
Joking around is acting like idiots. Gotcha. We don't want to win either. Word. Playing with 5 is worse than playing with 4. Mhmm. Didn't win because we had fun in comms and not because we were off our game. 100%.

sometimes playing with 4 people IS better than playing with 5. Especially if that one guy is either trolling or severely underperforming. Anyone who play CSGO enough know that kicking that one guy might turn out to be helpful after all.

There is joking around and then there is making so much noise you're distracting people from performing. I lost count of how many time I would die or get the wrong information because either you or paul or both of you would not stop talking/arguing about something trivial. I wanted to mute the both of you, but I thought doing that would be counter-productive.

See ya. If you're going to be so hostile over this idgaf.

Fun fact, you carried us the entire game, so of anything, you stopped performing (but that's because we were having too much fun in comms of course.)
Hostile? if he was hostile, he would have told you to stop playing and uninstall, or act like a 14 years old and tell you to go kill yourself.

But no, he pointed something out in which you and paul are clearly at fault at doing but you seem to not see it. This is what teammate suppose to do, point out one another shortcoming and flaw, and hope that it can be fix together. I've had my flaws pointed out by several people, omega, mayhem, animl, etc. Its a good thing because I try to do them less now. But you're taking this personally instead of thinking, well maybe they do have a point and I should try to turn down my chattering sometimes.

At least I think Paul understood how sometimes his chatter can be extremely distracting at the wrong moment. But you on the other hand think we're the no fun police and that we're not having any fun. But that is not true, before you decided to went on a break. Animl, Mayhem, me and other people were able to have fun just fine without having it get into a distracting level. We're not asking you to stop having fun or to shut up the entire game. But to know when to be quiet.

Would you like it if Omega and I come into your class while you're doing something that require silence and concentration like taking a test and chatter in your ears? No of course not.

Plus the fact that you mock me about wanting some silence for a few mins, showed how immature you are at the time. Normal people would just say "Oh sorry, my bad." and it's not like I didn't ask nicely either.

Also did you really just blame Omega for not carrying at hard as he did in the last 6 rounds? Really? That's just sad. I never blame Atsou for not carrying us enough and losing. We had 3 people going B, I was watching drop room, two people watching B entrance and yet somehow whenever I kill a guy in drop room, Paul and (iirc you) can't stop the B rush. So I end up trying to cover your butt while omega and animl have to rotate from A. To be honest I probably should have ask omega or animl to come B with me. Because they kept rushing B and we couldn't stop them. Plus on CT side your off-topic chattering were not helpful at all.

But in conclusion, if you can't even remotely see how sometimes your chattering is distracting. Then I don't know what else to say to you. But seeing it how you put omega on ignore, you probably starting to realize how your "we just wanna have fun" defense is not really working out.

MayMay

Banned
^ Offtopic - but I'm still answering to your message from last night. Hang in there - it's alot lol

I definitely wanna win more and don't mind some serious games. I also want to have some fun in-game without it getting too acrimonious. I try to send out invites according to that lately (and have been winning much more lately coincidentally), which has led to some people feeling left out, but I'll play with them later.

That's really all I have on the matter. If you don't like the fun fuckaround games, I'll jump into games with you later.

That's pretty much all there is to it, really. I have serious games every day as well - especially if I play with the EU crowd. But sometimes having a bit of fun isnt so bad.

Shadownet

Banned
We're becoming like a bunch of co-workers, getting all up in each other's business over stupid shit. Let Saj rap and be funny at the beginning of a round, tell him to be quiet in a funny or friendly way if he's doing it when you need to hear. I've done that since I met those guys and we get along great.

This is what I did on Cobble! I quote. "Could you guys please keep the chatter to a minimum? I honestly can't hear footsteps."

Then i proceed to get mock at for the next 2 games. I could have said shut up, but I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom