• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odah

Banned
Some of you get way too serious about this shit. Like when the group of guys I play with plays for fun, and then someone comes in and starts getting serious and freaking the fuck out about stupid shit, I don't really wanna bother anymore.

Even tho we lost I still kinda liked that game. The only thing that sucked imo was my ping because it really put the fun away dealing with horrible delay in 1v1 situations :l

also: thanks for the AK Mokoi :p

Kanokare

I visit this thread in prep for dreamhack and I entered drama :O Love you all though. Stay safe, eat lots of food these coming days, and no chets please.

PS - Can I shoot you Kuma???!
PSS - Give me mod on twitch too. Or riot.

cHinzo

Just try to have as much fun as possible when playing and try your best to win. That's my view on all of this. If it's not possible to win, then so be it, move on and try to just have fun in-game. About the chatting thing, yeah it can be frustrated if everyone keeps talking the whole game long. I usually play with a buddy of mine and we shush each other when we're in a tense situation, so we can focus on doing something like a clutch and in between those times we just talk. U guys just gotta be clear about things like these with each other, so people dont get frustrated when they're in these kind of situations.

4e5f850467.jpg

Anyway I had the two closest games of my life in a row. Man, Valve is trying to get me a heart attack with these close games. I had a pretty awesome 1 vs 3 AWP clutch on the Dust2 map to save the round. I think I drained Ezio's AWP skills. :"D Went full glass canon that round without armor, luckily the aim punch didn't screw me over.

soultron

Banned
Yeah, so, lastflowers, about that AHGL scrim... I'm gonna have to get the subs on my team into shape before that happens. The main guys (who are higher rank than myself) aren't a problem.

I played with a few of the subs and one guy on our team who's getting back into CS (he used to play in CAL during 1.6 though) and it was brutal. 16-1 because our entire team got disconnected on the pistol round after the half. 2 guys on our team didn't have mics today, 3 guys force bought every single round, and nobody was communicating except for myself and the CAL guy.

I'm gonna share some WarOwl videos with the subs and hope they watch and learn. Otherwise my team is going to get demolished when the mains aren't playing.

Kanokare

Woah, you're in GAF. I thought you were one of those random friends. We have played together once. The overpass in which the bad stuff went down. And then... I had some nice frags.

Yup I remember :D I did terrible. Thought I would be fine to play one game late at night but started struggling once I got drowsy. Thankfully you carried us! I'll do better next time haha.

MayMay

Banned
Some old clips I forgot to post back when I didn't have bindings, so I bought things super slow. I told them that I was going to yolo with the awp mid. I also distinctly remember mayhem being Mr. Negative that game. #nofunallowed #silverthangs

What? lol. When was that game, and how did it end? If we got annihilated then that explains me being negative - I remember my avatar. I had it for a day, and I was piiiiissssseeeed that day lol. Like - "I'll quit CSGO" pissed. So I was probably just frustrated. I <3 u, pls forgive me

Edit: That was around Halloween!? I don't remember that at all. Maybe I was drunk or something. Loool

Edit 2: Wait - I remember. I said that I'll pick the AWP off your dead body that time. That was a joke :p

What? lol. When was that game, and how did it end? If we got annihilated then that explains me being negative - I remember my avatar. I had it for a day, and I was piiiiissssseeeed that day lol. Like - "I'll quit CSGO" pissed. So I was probably just frustrated. I <3 u, pls forgive me

Edit: That was around Halloween!? I don't remember that at all. Maybe I was drunk or something. Loool

Edit 2: Wait - I remember. I said that I'll pick the AWP off your dead body that time. That was a joke :p

I was in that game, means we definitely lost.

Ludono

Wanted to try E-sports Bets but when I go to deposit it tells me "This payment system is unavailable for your country" for all of them.... Guess that ain't happening? :(

Robot Pants

So what would be the drawbacks to banning people that don't have DEP enabled?
By the sounds of the article it would stop a ton of cheating but there must be a reason why Valve hasn't done this yet?

Haroon

So what would be the drawbacks to banning people that don't have DEP enabled?
By the sounds of the article it would stop a ton of cheating but there must be a reason why Valve hasn't done this yet?

I have DEP disabled because I don't want to tell windows each time that it is safe to run this program. So... I would be banned because of that :(

Robot Pants

Yea ok I was confused because I never got a windows prompt about running it. I just figured it was something that ran automatically with steam and or counter strike unless you turned it off.

So.... What are the other drawbacks?

What Is DEP ?
In Microsoft’s own words,

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.

Why Disable DEP ?
I was running multiple processes on different tabs in Firefox 3, finally my Firefox crashed and Microsoft gave a very beautiful reason for the crash which you have read above. Actually it happened the moment I clicked on a YouTube video, it sounds weird, right? If you are a heavy geek like me, who works on multiple Firefox tabs and also use online services that need to access your system memory, then your Firefox is definitely going to crash unless you don’t disable DEP. Another reason to disable it is when it does not allow you to open Executable files that needs to access your system memory.

Note: Only disable DEP if your executable file is not getting installed or if your Firefox is crashing all the time(and Microsoft keeps giving DEP excuse).

http://www.addictivetips.com/window...n-dep-and-how-to-disable-it-in-windows-vista/

Robot Pants

Yea I just read that and was coming to fix my post.
Yea I didn't know what DEP really was I guess and it's not just a steam thing so
Yea it's hard to just ban everyone that disabled this on their computer for whatever other reason.

ChrisW

Boom! Headshot! M m m m monster kill kill kill kill kill

Omega Rekted.
Have they done something to the AK, cause this happened to me ALOT! Last night when I see a CR on A site, dust 2 and I can only see his head. I tap fire(stood still cause he hasn't seen me) and.....nothing, I missed 3 times before getting killed. Happened again when a guy was back play, I can only see his head and the cursor was dead on him and it doesn't hit!!!

Had an interesting game. Went down 7-0, won 12 in a row, lost 7 in a row, won 4 in a row.

I didn't notice but I guess I deranked today to Silver 3 ;_;

Have they done something to the AK, cause this happened to me ALOT! Last night when I see a CR on A site, dust 2 and I can only see his head. I tap fire(stood still cause he hasn't seen me) and.....nothing, I missed 3 times before getting killed. Happened again when a guy was back play, I can only see his head and the cursor was dead on him and it doesn't hit!!!

It's been like this in CS GO for a long while I think.

Odah

Banned
Wanted to try E-sports Bets but when I go to deposit it tells me "This payment system is unavailable for your country" for all of them.... Guess that ain't happening? :(

use a paysafecard or skrill. skrill is the best imo.

also a tip: IF you want to bet on dota matches...always...ALWAYS bet on the underdog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom