• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
mXl70uD.jpg
Well I'm glad I only needed two rounds. :)
:(

Ludono

Matches today too close... I'm afraid to bet, have one skin left to bet (AK Redline MW) and I think I'll wait for tomorrow.....

Kanokare

There's a lot to learn, a good way to get used to a certain gun's spray is to play on deathmatch servers. Also, adjusting your sensitivity obviously, but you can also adjust your crosshair as well.

And don't forget to turn off mouse acceleration....PAUL.

Arucardo

How many "real" veterans of cs do we have here anyway? I'm talking WON and pre 1.0 cs here ;) . I started properly playing around beta 5.2 . I even have the retail 1.0 version somewhere on disc.

I remember when guns stayed on the ground between rounds in the early versions (like pre-beta 5 or so) of the mod. Also, APC's and other vehicles and later on the riot/bulletproof shield (that didn't stay for long lol). People were pissed when Valve forced them to go over to steam if they wanted to play CS.

I had a steam account made on the day steam released but it got stolen at some point when my e-mail was hacked :( .

ironmang

Looks like my cs is broken. csgo.exe error on basically every startup.

Tried:
verifying cache (about 5 different times)
reinstalling csgo
reinstalling steam
dumb "video.txt change value from 2 to 0" suggestion I see copypasta'd everywhere
and more

Feels like I've done everything short of reformatting. This is the only PC game I play and it's giving me more problems than every console game I've ever played in my life.

Odah

Banned
changed my bet to Hellraisers because of the༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BAN FLUSHA ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つmappool.

I really don't see NiP being a favourably underdog here :/

Matches today too close... I'm afraid to bet, have one skin left to bet (AK Redline MW) and I think I'll wait for tomorrow.....

I only have a couple of Redline FTs and I don't know who to bet on. Might just all in on VP since I can't pick anything else that looks remotely safe. It's not going to get better tomorrow :\

How many "real" veterans of cs do we have here anyway? I'm talking WON and pre 1.0 cs here ;) . I started properly playing around beta 5.2 . I even have the retail 1.0 version somewhere on disc.

I remember when guns stayed on the ground between rounds in the early versions (like pre-beta 5 or so) of the mod. Also, APC's and other vehicles and later on the riot/bulletproof shield (that didn't stay for long lol). People were pissed when Valve forced them to go over to steam if they wanted to play CS.

I had a steam account made on the day steam released but it got stolen at some point when my e-mail was hacked :( .

I started playing around beta 7.1 or so. At the time they didn't even have right handed gun models so it was all very confusing for poor old me :p Can't help but wonder how many people playing the game today have never even heard of the world opponent network.

I remember being so mad when they made the movements changes from 1.3 to 1.5 and killed bunnyhopping.

I never expected to be playing Counter Strike 15 years later I'll tell you that.

Robot Pants

Yea I started playing at beta 6 when you could jump and Awp and be 100% accurate and the colt (yes colt) had a zoom in "scope". And VIP maps were still a thing and actually played.
Loved AS_Riverside

MayMay

Banned
Shiet, missed HR vs NiP. But it looks like NiP won? Good - very good. Fell back into my past of being a NiP fanboy - now that Titans not at DHW.

Morzak

yeah man works sucks will maybe make it home for ldlc vs fnatic, but not sure about that, but would really like to see that matchup.

Lourio

I started playing CS around the same time :)
We're old..

ChrisW

I started playing CS around the same time :)
We're old..

I started playing 1.6 about 8/9 years ago I think, I was introduced by a few members of a forum I visited. My computer wasn't built for gaming so didn't run it at a great FPS, but I stuck with it. But soon I started getting more into console gaming and moved away from it, up until now when I've picked up GO :D

ChrisW

Individual binds for smokes, flashes, nades.

Yeah I've got those too, but i'm not used to pressing "5" "6" "7" & "8" without looking so sometimes make mistakes.

Just reading this article about using E,S,D,F for movement instead to free up the keys at the side for more movement binds

LDLC has some amazing plays and strats. They really just outplayed fnatic.

Cache is unpredictable, this could go either way. But I don't see LDLC losing both.

Mokoi

Banned
Played with a GAF for a bit in between Dreamhack matches and got a neat little 4k.
Nice!
Random Q, what are some of your keybinds used for CS GO that are different to the default?
Code:
 bind "ins" "buy hegrenade"
 bind "del" "buy flashbang"
 bind kp_enter "buy vesthelm"
 bind kp_plus "buy vest"
 bind kp_minus "buy defuser"
 bind kp_multiply "buy smokegrenade"
 bind kp_leftarrow “buy ak47; buy m4a1″
 bind "alt" "noclip"
 bind "t" "+lookatweapon"
 bind "end" "quit" //quits the game from within a map.
 bind "home" "disconnect" //disconnects from server.
 bind "9" "slot9; classic"
 bind "kp_downarrow" "buy awp;"

From ingame I set "F" for smoke, and "mouse3" aka click scroll wheel for flash. One of the clickable side buttons on the mouse I set to cycle nades.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
So there is this guy Krimz who was a nobody just a year ago and suddenly rose up to become one of the best players in the world and now in a tournament with massive cheat prevention methods he is heavily underperforming and playing way way below his usual level. hmmm
I mean according to Thoorin he was the best player in the world the last couple months.

Wasn't he even on the initial smn list?

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Random Q, what are some of your keybinds used for CS GO that are different to the default?

I have f for taking out flash, c for smoke and v for grenade

And then I have buy scripts binded to the numbers on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom