• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

in-ear earphones for game audio, helicopter headphones for noise cancellation and sponsor headsets for in-game comms.
So all these headsets you see advertised are just crap if they don't provide good noise canceling and in-ear buds are just as good?

Wunder

So all these headsets you see advertised are just crap if they don't provide good noise canceling and in-ear buds are just as good?

Yeah, kinda. I mean the helicopter headphones are to stop the huge crowd noise and any chance of them hearing the casters, so not exactly your everyday home situation that most of these headphones are intended for. I wonder though if its weird to use in-ear buds to play as they definitely sound a lot weirder if you normally play with over-ear headphones.

MayMay

Banned
Absolutely unfair, disgusting etc. but everyone hates fnatic already anyways because of the hackusations. They probably dont care..

Thank god they saved my skins tho

LDLC definitely played better, as fnatic even admitted. I feel bad that they lost that way, but the match was still incredible to watch unfold.

Odah

Banned
410b93ab72.png

Fnatic ez pzy

sorry for your losses :(

now go DIgnitas!

soultron

Banned
I wonder if LDLC will ask the admins for an investigation here. Fnatic can be sanctioned if it's deemed pixelwalking, but I think it's legal since it's visible geometry on that ledge.

I just can't believe how people don't test their maps sometimes. You need to think about exploits a lot when doing multiplayer level design, especially if players can jump and/or are allowed to stand on each other's collision cylinder/hitboxes. This was avoidable, knowing that ledge is next to a wall that's shorter than a double boost and/or that has a collision "ceiling" that allows for a double boost in the first place.

Rivitur

Banned
I'll put this here too.
For the people on saying to ba the spot and that its illegal.

No it isn't because those white things the ledge he is standing on are spread across the entire map and each one of them is intended to be boosted on. Those are the same white stone things all over the park where people boost onto to look into A all the time.

Can someone to and see if there are pixel edges on the other white stones on the top of the park walls to see if those are illegal to? I'm being serious.

soultron

Banned
I'll put this here too.

Can someone to and see if there are pixel edges on the other white stones on the top of the park walls to see if those are illegal to? I'm being serious.

The fact remains, the boost from A site allows you to see multiple routes into B, and also into mid. You can keep 3 CTs in A site the entire time. It's really bad map design if that's allowed.

Rivitur

Banned
The fact remains, the boost from A site allows you to see multiple routes into B, and also into mid. You can keep 3 CTs in A site the entire time. It's really bad map design if that's allowed.
You missed the point its not what you can do with the boost its how the boost is made. There is a texture there that appears to be those white stones that are used to boost around the map.

Ludono

I lost $30 on LDLC.... honestly I'm more pissed they got robbed of the win more than I am about losing my skinz because of it. Completely unfair.

MutFox

Banned
Fnatic should get DQ'd.
Valve asks pro teams to test maps for exploits, Fnatic sat on this exploit for 2 months.
When they saw they were losing, they used it.

Pixel Walking if used will DQ you from a match, it's in the rules.
Also using a spot that sees through textures is against the rules.

If Valve really cares about the integrity of the game, they will DQ Fnatic.

Rivitur

Banned
Fnatic should get DQ'd.
Valve asks pro teams to test maps for exploits, Fnatic sat on this exploit for 2 months.
When they saw they were losing, they used it.

Pixel Walking if used will DQ you from a match, it's in the rules.
Also using a spot that sees through textures is against the rules.

If Valve really cares about the integrity of the game, they will DQ Fnatic.
Look at it in game before judging on some picture made in map maker. The ledge (which appears all over the map and is boostable) looks like it wouldn't be a problem when you stand on it.

f0rk

Look at it in game before judging on some picture made in map maker. The ledge (which appears all over the map and is boostable) looks like it wouldn't be a problem when you stand on it.

I wonder what they could have done before using it to remove any doubt...?

Rivitur

Banned
I wonder what they could have done before using it to remove any doubt...?
Well for fnatic I doubt they were questioning if it was a legal boost because that spot looks legit. The o ly way to see that your pixel walking is map maker and no one is going to go oh look I found a cool boost now let's go to map maker to see if its legit.

Haroon

Well for fnatic I doubt they were questioning if it was a legal boost because that spot looks legit. The o ly way to see that your pixel walking is map maker and no one is going to go oh look I found a cool boost now let's go to map maker to see if its legit.

Or perhaps, they found the boost through the map maker software.
I has no idea what boost u be talkin' boot.

Rivitur

Banned
Here:
dpA8z32.png

Unless you got into map maker you wouldn't think this was a pixel I mean he is clearly standing on it. Why would you go into map maker to look into this spot unless you just are looking to complain.

Its similar to this common spot:
q7QrrZKh.jpg

cresto

The problem is that it's a god spot and completely breaks the map. The spot was not intended to be in the game. It's not what maps cs so fun to watch. If they don't act on it, it will affect the remainder of the tournament and you don't want that type of publicity right now.

Rivitur

Banned
The problem is that it's a god spot and completely breaks the map. The spot was not intended to be in the game. It's not what maps cs so fun to watch. If they don't act on it, it will affect the remainder of the tournament and you don't want that type of publicity right now.
No one is complaint about the legality of the spot and the view. They are arguing the boost itself which IMO is legit based on textures only.

cresto

No one is complaint about the legality of the spot and the view. They are arguing the boost itself which IMO is legit based on textures only.
I get it. I don't think this issue has ever come about, let alone in during a major televised event. It breaks the game and shouldn't be there.

zon

How many "real" veterans of cs do we have here anyway? I'm talking WON and pre 1.0 cs here ;) . I started properly playing around beta 5.2 . I even have the retail 1.0 version somewhere on disc.

I remember when guns stayed on the ground between rounds in the early versions (like pre-beta 5 or so) of the mod. Also, APC's and other vehicles and later on the riot/bulletproof shield (that didn't stay for long lol). People were pissed when Valve forced them to go over to steam if they wanted to play CS.

I had a steam account made on the day steam released but it got stolen at some point when my e-mail was hacked :( .

I first tried CS in beta 7.0 or 7.1 at a friends house. He had two computers so we could play 1vs1. I didn't have any internet at home though so I could never play it online. I can't remember what version it was when I finally could play at home, it was before 1.3 but I'm not sure if it was 1.1 or 1.2.

I remember playing de_dust on german servers and running around with the mp5 because I thought the rifles were too hard to shoot with haha.

Ensirius

I first tried CS in beta 7.0 or 7.1 at a friends house. He had two computers so we could play 1vs1. I didn't have any internet at home though so I could never play it online. I can't remember what version it was when I finally could play at home, it was before 1.3 but I'm not sure if it was 1.1 or 1.2.

I remember playing de_dust on german servers and running around with the mp5 because I thought the rifles were too hard to shoot with haha.
I remember the times when you had to buy half life in order to play. What version was that? I got the goty edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom