• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haroon

I miss doing stuff like this:
BTGR1.png

zon

I remember the times when you had to buy half life in order to play. What version was that? I got the goty edition.

You needed half-life up to 1.6 iirc. With 1.6 Valve forced CS over to Steam which everyone hated because Steam was a piece of shit back then.

Ensirius

You needed half-life up to 1.6 iirc. With 1.6 Valve forced CS over to Steam which everyone hated because Steam was a piece of shit back then.
I was playing well before then. It has come far. It would be a real shame if cheating screws things up.

Mokoi

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away skin. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AK-47 | Red Laminate (Field-Tested) -- MB-2B40EAE165A5932A - Taken by Crazy_maniac. 19 entrants total.
360fx360f

t1417226092z1.png
Just a lil something from my bet on Na'vi

MutFox

Banned
Look at it in game before judging on some picture made in map maker. The ledge (which appears all over the map and is boostable) looks like it wouldn't be a problem when you stand on it.

I looked at the other evidence prior to posting.
Also, jumping to say what others have seen isn't good for debating.

Pretty much what other users have been trying to tell you on the official dreamhack thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940705

To others interesting in the debate about Fnatic, the official thread has a lot more info.

zon

When did the baguettes become good in CS anyway? At least up until 2005 (when I stopped following the pro teams/tournaments) the french were a joke and never got close to winning the big tournaments. Probably most tier 2 teams in Sweden were better back then. :p

When did the baguettes become good in CS anyway? At least up until 2005 (when I stopped following the pro teams/tournaments) the french were a joke and never got close to winning the big tournaments. Probably most tier 2 teams in Sweden were better back then. :p

A lot of those dudes came from Source I think.

spootime

Probably right about the time people started making lan capable aimbots.

kidding... theres always been some good frenchies

How many "real" veterans of cs do we have here anyway? I'm talking WON and pre 1.0 cs here ;) . I started properly playing around beta 5.2 . I even have the retail 1.0 version somewhere on disc.

I remember when guns stayed on the ground between rounds in the early versions (like pre-beta 5 or so) of the mod. Also, APC's and other vehicles and later on the riot/bulletproof shield (that didn't stay for long lol). People were pissed when Valve forced them to go over to steam if they wanted to play CS.

I had a steam account made on the day steam released but it got stolen at some point when my e-mail was hacked :( .
ThAt first switch to steam was horrible. Then a bit later using xfire because steam friends was always broken

Xizk

Great comment in Natu's chat: ""sorry guys we're in a tight spot here with the rules, lets throw out the rulebook!.. Apparantly DH ignored their rule about pixelwalking and made it legal according to LDLC players.

Wow can't believe they can get away with this bs. That's not impartial at all!

Be a little professional DH and send Fnatic packing. Like this kind of behavior would be allowed in any other kind of sport.

Also, looks like I won that Ak! Woohoow!

Mokoi

Banned
Wow can't believe they can get away with this bs. That's not impartial at all!

Be a little professional DH and send Fnatic packing. Like this kind of behavior would be allowed in any other kind of sport.

Also, looks like I won that Ak! Woohoow!
Accept my request m8.

Heh, they went with the worst decision possible.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Pixelwalking was illegal in every CS tournament in history and also on Dreamhack 13 and suddenly it isn't?
It is really disgraceful how obviously they are trying to save Fnatic's ass.

cresto

With smithzz boost they were also able to see through geometry. (They didn't use it but it was there)

I'm rooting for Fnatic here so yeah...

can you show us? I dont follow or understand how its fair to make LDLC replay the entire game if there is a boost they didnt even use during the match?

What a fucking joke. Fnatic is truly scum of the professional scene.

I liked them a while back ago but things are getting ridiculous, LDLC had the game in the bag.

The bias is strong.

Robot Pants

Been having a rubberbanding problem out of nowhere lately when I play CS.
Usually starts towards the last half of the game. I thought it was a server issue, but even in some casual games it does it too.
Might have to blow out my computer because of dust or something also maybe.
But anyway, I came across this little fix that has to do with audio drivers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...ntial_fix_for_those_experiencing_fps_lag_and/

I guess the old audio drivers are taxing on the CPU and can cause some stuttering for a quick second or two.

I'm in the midst of updating the drivers to see if there is a difference and will report back if it helps. But for anyone else with this problem, this might be the solution.

chessnut

Here's the boost that Fnatic claimed LDLC were abusing

http://i.imgur.com/HW2eIj5.jpg

In the red box, you can see through a wall and see terrorists at T spawn. It's a bullshit tactic because smithzz didn't use it for that, there's no info to be gained from being able to see that. In olof's spot, you can see T side canal, construction, and that middle area in front of connector/restrooms very clearly. Fnatic's entire CT side was based off rotates that olof called via the boost.

chessnut

Another BS thing about this is that NaVi are probably spending this time trying to anti strat fnatic/ldlc while LDLC stayed up until early in the morning (shox tweeted 30 minutes ago he's going to sleep 5:45am) waiting for a judgement of the decision.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Another BS thing about this is that NaVi are probably spending this time trying to anti strat fnatic/ldlc while LDLC stayed up until early in the morning (shox tweeted 30 minutes ago he's going to sleep 5:45am) waiting for a judgement of the decision.

It's stupid in the first place that the judgement took 6 hours to call on LDLC's objection. The ruling should've been out right as the match was live and seeing how that boost gave Fnatic a huge advantage on the map.

It's stupid in the first place that the judgement took 6 hours to call on LDLC's objection. The ruling should've been out right as the match was live and seeing how that boost gave Fnatic a huge advantage on the map.
Even stupider than that was that fnatic's complaint was apparently answered in 30 minutes.

Wunder

I think you guys are misunderstanding why the decision took as long as it did. Because the rules that spread were old, pixelwalking was not the actual issue. It then moved on to texture transparency and being immortal from several angles. I guess they tested it in-game and couldn't kill smithzz from a few angles? I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but to outright say this is an open and shut case is oversimplifying what actually went on here.

There are obviously a lot of extraneous outside factors that don't help Fnatic's case, but as the actual tournament director you have to look at the rules specifically. Yes, Smithzz' position isn't as OP as olofm, yes he didn't use it to get illegal information through transparent textures, but if a single round presented itself whereby a Fnatic member tried to kill him, and he was immortal but he killed that Fnatic member? Would that be enough? Would the possibility of that simply happening, be enough?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think you guys are misunderstanding why the decision took as long as it did. Because the rules that spread were old, pixelwalking was not the actual issue. It then moved on to texture transparency and being immortal from several angles. I guess they tested it in-game and couldn't kill smithzz from a few angles? I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but to outright say this is an open and shut case is oversimplifying what actually went on here.

There are obviously a lot of extraneous outside factors that don't help Fnatic's case, but as the actual tournament director you have to look at the rules specifically. Yes, Smithzz' position isn't as OP as olofm, yes he didn't use it to get illegal information through transparent textures, but if a single round presented itself whereby a Fnatic member tried to kill him, and he was immortal but he killed that Fnatic member? Would that be enough? Would the possibility of that simply happening, be enough?

How the hell isn't it an open and shut case? LDLC's boost didn't give them 3-advantage spots to look down on. Fnatic's gave them nearly the entire map to view. How is that not breaking?

Crimsonclaw111 said:
Even stupider than that was that fnatic's complaint was apparently answered in 30 minutes.

That, too. What the hell? Why was Fnatic allowed to sit with the judges when LDLC didn't have the same courtesy?

Like someone on Twitter said: A five year old could've easily made that judgement call as soon as Fnatic used that boost and what it entailed over about 2-3 rounds MAX before disqualifying Fnatic on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom