• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

How the hell isn't it an open and shut case? LDLC's boost didn't give them 3-advantage spots to look down on. Fnatic's gave them nearly the entire map to view. How is that not breaking?

That, too. What the hell? Why was Fnatic allowed to sit with the judges when LDLC didn't have the same courtesy?

Like someone on Twitter said: A five year old could've easily made that judgement call as soon as Fnatic used that boost and what it entailed over about 2-3 rounds MAX before disqualifying Fnatic on it.

Because if you're going by the same rules, they both have immortal spots and/or break textures. Why does it matter if one spot sees the opening of sewers while the other sees more? What if Smithzz got an ace through that boost? It's undeniable that Olofm's boost is stronger, but that doesn't matter. An 'exploit' is an 'exploit' no matter what degree of an advantage it lends you.

udiie

ntLXF8C.png
wtf
edit:
WTFFFF

3 games today, all ruined by people either AFKing, lagging or disconnecting. 3rd game ended up with 3 bots on my team. And the only other human was just doing circles in spawn.

cHinzo

10 out of 11 wins atm. CS is going so smooth lately. :D

I wonder if Lounge puts the Fnatic vs LDLC game online. Would be funny to see LDLC lose twice. :d

Tc91

DreamHack @DreamHack · 10m 10 minutes ago
Fnatic has given an official forfeit in the match against LDLC. LDLC is playing the semi final against Na’Vi at 16:30 CET

archagon

Neo Member
How many "real" veterans of cs do we have here anyway? I'm talking WON and pre 1.0 cs here ;) . I started properly playing around beta 5.2 . I even have the retail 1.0 version somewhere on disc.

I remember when guns stayed on the ground between rounds in the early versions (like pre-beta 5 or so) of the mod. Also, APC's and other vehicles and later on the riot/bulletproof shield (that didn't stay for long lol). People were pissed when Valve forced them to go over to steam if they wanted to play CS.

I had a steam account made on the day steam released but it got stolen at some point when my e-mail was hacked :( .

I first started playing CS in the early betas — maybe 5, maybe earlier, don't remember. Funnily enough, at the time, I already felt like I was late to the game. CS had recently been featured in PC Gamer and everyone was talking about it, so I figured I might as well give it a shot.

Anyone remember the old escape maps? They were a little dumb, but I still have fond memories of breaking out of that prison with the entire CT team chasing me. The assassination maps were even better. Sneaking around as the VIP in Oilrig and somehow getting to the heli? Or rushing the CT spawn as T and shooting the VIP in the back? Exhilarating!

It was a great nostalgic few months when the remake of Siege was featured a few operations ago. Even though it's been years, every room and hallway in those old maps is still somehow baked into my muscle memory. It's like getting back in touch with an old friend.

I really wish Valve would release more maps for Arms Race. The gameplay is already super polished, but it sucks to have to play the same tiny four maps over and over again. Half the fun in CS is discovering all the crazy game modes like gg, surf, kz, jb, etc. Arms Race already feels so good, so why isn't it getting more attention?

Oh, and they need to bring 747 back. OMG, that map was tense.

(With that said, I'm a shitty "veteran" because I don't follow the competitive scene and I'm not amazing at the game, though I can still top the scoreboard on occasion. To me, it's always been just a really fun, old school shooter that harkens back to the Cambrian Explosion of mods in the early Half-Life days.)

May as well do my bit since I am getting back into the game.

My first CS was CS 1.5. Every weekend I would have 4 people at my place for a LAN and CS was all we would play. Back when 747, Aztec and Militia were the big maps. I still have a copy of 1.5 installed with the bot mod that I fire up from time to time.

I then made a Steam account the day 1.6 released, sadly this account is gone now though. Played 1.6 religiously all through high school and wouldn't go to bed until 3-4am, then I would get up at 8am and go to school. Weekends would be spent at the local DNA lan centre as I played for the company, Team DNA. This of course meant unmetered time on the machines there so I would be there till the very early hours pretty much every weekend. Played a bunch of local tournaments and a few oceanic online tournaments, mostly OGL though.

Then when CZ came out I think I was one of the few 1.6 players that actually enjoyed it and I pretty much only played CZ then, occasionally going back to 1.6 to play with some friends. Played for an online team called td.beta and we won 3 consecutive OGL's which had hardware prizes such as graphics cards etc, very handy since I was still in high school. Once CSS came out and CZ died I went back to 1.6 though as I couldn't stand CSS. This is also what made me wait so long to get into GO as it looked like another source. Boy was I wrong though. I picked up go only a few months ago and the game is amazing. I am currently 8/10 wins for my placement, hoping to get those two wins tomorrow. Working away 5 days out of each week makes it hard to get some consistency going though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom