• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

Oh man, i had little access to internet this weekend. Seems like I missed great games, lots if drama and a great grand final?

Did NiP really play that good with maikelele? I'm really positivel surprised if so and that NiP seems to be back somewhat.

Arucardo

I can agree with this.
Also this is gonna be the last time I pay for an operation. Within a week no one plays the maps, the drops are absolutely worthless, and I can't find an overpass game to save my life.

I'm sure no one wants to play on overpass until they fix the boost, I know I wouldn't.

ChrisW

So I just got a FN Desert Eagle - Blaze from a Vanguard mission drop :D

Best thing i've ever gotten, shame I never use the Deagle though

soultron

Banned
Oh man, i had little access to internet this weekend. Seems like I missed great games, lots if drama and a great grand final?

Did NiP really play that good with maikelele? I'm really positivel surprised if so and that NiP seems to be back somewhat.
It wasn't until the last two maps of the Grand Final that he really came alive, I felt.

He makes some really aggressive plays, but only sometimes do they pay off.

I think he needs more time to mesh with the rest of NIP, but my initial impressions aren't too hot.

What do you guys do with the crappy 4-10 cent skins on the lounge? Do you just keep betting them on ICBs hoping to lose them or do you use contracts or what?

This tournament (and especially the final) made me so hyped for the future of cs. I get really excited thinking about what's next. Besides all the negative drama of course, although with the positive outcome, it might have been a good thing after all.

It makes me dream about setting up a small competition between Larian devs and maybe challenging Inixile or CDP. I wonder if there would be an interest in it, since the fans are mostly RPG players and it's not like we have amazing skills or anything. #showerthoughts

I wanted to complete a mission to get errr something today but it's been stuck at "You can complete another mission in 1 hour" for 1,5 hours now :|

cresto

flusha, "There's no more enjoyment"

I read this and couldn't help but think they need to grow up and not let it affect them. They are a professional organization/team and they aren't always going to be liked. I disagree with people going overboard with the hate, but if that isn't motivation, I don't know what is.

Omega

Banned
I wish every time I lifted my mouse it locked on to an enemy across the map..

Deaththreats are going too far though. it's just a game, and one that you're not even a part of. but hey, gamers gonna gamer.

flusha, "There's no more enjoyment"

I read this and couldn't help but think they need to grow up and not let it affect them. They are a professional organization/team and they aren't always going to be liked. I disagree with people going overboard with the hate, but if that isn't motivation, I don't know what is.

Well, you have to imagine being in their shoes. Being spit out by an entire community must feel really bad. Thousands of individuals making an effort to hate on you, personally. Over and over. Day after day. And then some people even going as far as threatening to kill them. You can say it's "only the internet" but those are still real people and the fact that care enough to say those things, must get to everyone. "Get over it" is really not that easy.

I'm not going to lie, I was being very cynical towards Fnatic and Flusha and all the vods and whatnot. But I'm never going to address them personally about it. You can't do that, especially when there's no 100% proof or verification (like a vac ban). And honestly, him typing all of this out, I'd be REALLY surprised if he'd get a vac ban all of a sudden. Everyone would lose trust in him. Not just the community, but his team mates, (best) friends, family, everyone. That would go beyond the game. He'd really have to have a mental issue to go this far to cover himself up, if he was actually cheating.

ironmang

Because everyone else in the scene minus 5 players and some managers got so much enjoyment out of their exploits on Friday

I actually very much enjoyed it even if it was on the wrong side of merely innovation. The fact that they kept that secret for so long even though they had many opportunities to use it shows crazy discipline. 100% of the hate should go towards the admins for not pausing and discussing it.

Mokoi

Banned
Because everyone else in the scene minus 5 players and some managers got so much enjoyment out of their exploits on Friday
That was very enjoyable to watch, and people need to chill it with the death threats. People really need to elevate themselves because making death threats to someone over a game that you have no involvement with besides being a spectator who gets enjoyment out of watching these teams play is so damm stupid. LDLC got fucked with that exploit, but I can't blame the team for not trying it out. I would of done the same. It really is silly that the admins didn't pause after three rounds of it happening. You can just tell that it provides way too much of an advantage right away, and in no way was intended to be there.

---
VP sign two year extensions
I hope pasha and co win the ESEA lan coming up. I also wonder if anybody can go to event to just watch. I may actually be able to go if so.

f0rk

Everyone hating fnatic and death threats are separate issues, death threats have been a problem with the internet for a long time.

cHinzo

I actually very much enjoyed it even if it was on the wrong side of merely innovation. The fact that they kept that secret for so long even though they had many opportunities to use it shows crazy discipline. 100% of the hate should go towards the admins for not pausing and discussing it.

The admins already confirmed it was a legal boost after using it for the first time. I thought it was pretty clever myself and I like new original stuff, even though this boost was pretty broken in terms of vision and gaining a huge advantage over the other team.

Idnno, I like these kind of cheese strats, because it takes time and energy to find something new to surprise your opponents even though this boosting spot clearly wasn't suppose to be there. I just think this community overreacts way too much and likes all the drama...

Mokoi

Banned
fbvL3zm.jpg
I hope this gets added.

ChrisW

So manage to turn my Fn blaze into; AK redline ft, water elemental ft, St mehndi ft, m4 nitro ft, USP caimen fn and an m4 griffin ft :D

Wat. Mine are still stuck in Requested Returns and when I click Bot Status it says Temp Disabled.

Maybe it worked for me because I was retrieving extremely common betting skins like AK Redlines and an AWP Corticera? Odds are a lot of their bots would have those in their inventories and maybe some of those are online.

cresto

Well, you have to imagine being in their shoes. Being spit out by an entire community must feel really bad. Thousands of individuals making an effort to hate on you, personally. Over and over. Day after day. And then some people even going as far as threatening to kill them. You can say it's "only the internet" but those are still real people and the fact that care enough to say those things, must get to everyone. "Get over it" is really not that easy.

I'm not going to lie, I was being very cynical towards Fnatic and Flusha and all the vods and whatnot. But I'm never going to address them personally about it. You can't do that, especially when there's no 100% proof or verification (like a vac ban). And honestly, him typing all of this out, I'd be REALLY surprised if he'd get a vac ban all of a sudden. Everyone would lose trust in him. Not just the community, but his team mates, (best) friends, family, everyone. That would go beyond the game. He'd really have to have a mental issue to go this far to cover himself up, if he was actually cheating.

True, but they are a professional team. They need to be able to block it out just like other pros do. Think about TO or ARod, they have had to deal with hate constantly. Just adds to their drive. You aren't always going to be liked, it's how you react and deal with it that shows your true colors. Coming out saying it makes you not want to play anymore is just giving in to the hate and makes you look even more guilty imo.

Again, death threats and pure hatred is not acceptable, but it's a part of the society we live with. There is a lot of pretty telling evidence that things are fishy. I'm not a fan of fnatic because of how they acted last year (Bucharest) and the fact that they sat on the God spot for two whole months when the devs rely on pros to find problems like this so that it can be fixed.

Omega

Banned
Again, death threats and pure hatred is not acceptable, but it's a part of the society we live with.

We should probably work on that instead of blaming the people that get the death threats.

There's a serious issue when you send death threats because someone used a god spot in a damn video game. I don't think we should tell Fnatic to "man up" because people are mentally ill.

Rivitur

Banned
The admins already confirmed it was a legal boost after using it for the first time. I thought it was pretty clever myself and I like new original stuff, even though this boost was pretty broken in terms of vision and gaining a huge advantage over the other team.

Idnno, I like these kind of cheese strats, because it takes time and energy to find something new to surprise your opponents even though this boosting spot clearly wasn't suppose to be there. I just think this community overreacts way too much and likes all the drama...

<3

On another note Rip LC losing rain is a huge loss.. Rubino is ehh not so much.

cresto

We should probably work on that instead of blaming the people that get the death threats.

There's a serious issue when you send death threats because someone used a god spot in a damn video game. I don't think we should tell Fnatic to "man up" because people are mentally ill.
You don't think I agree with this? You don't think this issue exists outside of video games? Just ask a receiver in the NFL who drops a key pass or a goalie who gives up the game winning score how people react to their actions. You think that makes them lose their passion? It's a societal problem that's way bigger than our small community.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Glad someone said it. He can be suspect about the cheating, that's not my decision (that's Valves) to make. But fuck him and his team for keeping a "legal" (LOL @ Dreamhack on this ruling when a 5 year old kid could've made the smarter/better choice of NO. THIS IS FUCKING BROKEN.) boost hidden for "two months" to only bust it out when they were about to lose badly to a better playing team.

Shady as all fuck.

Omega

Banned
Of course not. They knew it was a shitty spot which is why they saved it until the absolute right moment. Had there not been so much backlash to make it not fun for them anymore it would have done exactly what they wanted.

There were only two possible options. It's ruled that LDLC needs to go back to France or the whole match is restarted because no one has the balls to tell the #1 ranked team in the world they cheated in their home country.

snack

Can anyone here recommend me a few repuatble sellers that have keys prices of $1.8/1.9 per key? I'd like to buy around 250.

Can anyone here recommend me a few repuatble sellers that have keys prices of $1.8/1.9 per key? I'd like to buy around 250.

Check on /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade for sellers. There are a few trusted sellers there but I don't know if anyone would be willing to trade 250 keys in one go to someone they didn't already trust.

K.Sabot

That might take you a while. Most people selling that low only want reputable buyers / experienced traders.

You'd need a very old and verified paypal account to get them to give you anything above 10 keys.

Wasn't able to get my last two wins yesterday. 2 losses and 2 draws, really wish draws would go into some kind of overtime. Pretty confident I will get placed in one of the ak ranks though as the past 3 games have all been high ak. I was always the only one without a rank. Thankfully I wasn't causing the losses though so no rage came my way.

The last game was great. We were down 13-2 on Mirage. Then myself and the top fragger were suddenly on Fire and managed to bring it to a draw. Might have to go back and record some snippets of the game, multiple crucial 1v3 holds on site etc.

udiie

Flusha officially denies cheating. I kind of feel bad for him, but some of those clips are really sketchy and looks really hard to disapprove.

Also I don't think this part was necessary, people already don't like you!

http://www.hltv.org/news/13749-flusha-theres-no-more-enjoyment

Edit: Late :(
Ehhhh 9/10 messages... Of course you're going to get hate messages. The Internet works in letting assholes voice their opinion and stable-minded people will probably be the "1/10" or just not message him at all. It's not really a fair reflection of the community.

Omega

Banned
the joke of a community is why he was even able to participate in a tournament to win 100k

they probably still walk away with 25k ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom