• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think can/should be done to make certain maps more T-sided? Tweaks to the T-side economy and/or loss bonuses, perhaps? T-only gear, such as no incendiary on CT side?

I don't think rejigging the economy is enough to help the situation. Heck, Cobble got a full map rework and it's still fairly CT sided I believe.

better maps is really all it needs, biggest thing imo is CT rotations from bomb sites, you can see how the most imbalanced maps let CTs go from A to B in seconds while the more balanced ones don't

This is the biggest point. There needs to be some way to slow down CTs from covering both sites. As a random (and probably stupid) example, maybe put the Nuke vent on A outside the building. That would make CTs traveling through them face at least some sort of danger instead of being able to traverse between the sites in 3 seconds.

And I agree, this balancing only matters on the pro scene but it's to the benefit of all players. That graph where 9/10 maps are CT biased does not paint a good picture of the metagame. You can only wonder whether Fnatic would have used that Olof boost if they had started first in that map. Dreamhack didn't even have knife rounds :|

edit - soon as I post this, I read JW saying that they would have used the boost regardless :|

MayMay

Banned
Today I learned firsthand how crucial it is for a CT to not push out of the sites too far, in a match with Odah. This shit made Inferno look T sided.

I dont think we lost a single round T side, and all we did was... wait and hang back. Some at t ramp/banana, guy AWPing mid, I had apartments covered (was lurking in second mid - different spots every round).. and yeah. They were so impatient they all ended up pushing out eventually so they got picked off easily granting us a free win.

One would think they'd start playing it safe at some point - nope. They kept pushing lol Stupid team. Dont push on Inferno goddamnit

Odah

Banned
Today I learned firsthand how crucial it is for a CT to not push out of the sites too far, in a match with Odah. This shit made Inferno look T sided.

I dont think we lost a single round T side, and all we did was... wait and hang back. Some at t ramp/banana, guy AWPing mid, I had apartments covered (was lurking in second mid - different spots every round).. and yeah. They were so impatient they all ended up pushing out eventually so they got picked off easily granting us a free win.

One would think they'd start playing it safe at some point - nope. They kept pushing lol Stupid team. Dont push on Inferno goddamnit

We lost one round, never forgetti. That Orange guy tho...................

Odah

Banned
Won in a raffle again!

A nice G-18 Grinder :D

9461e45d77.jpg

I think I already won more on twitch raffles than actual bets in the past weeks

Omega

Banned
The AK getting a one-tap headshot is already an attempt at doing something about it, as well as the economy differences we already have. I think the major issue with competitive in CS:GO is that the same rules/economy are applied to every map. Same round time, same bomb plant to explosion time, same defusal time, same everything, when the maps are totally different. At least one of those factors should be tuned to each specific map, maybe all of them.

You either change the rules of the game to suit the map, or you make every map increasingly similar, with nothing but Dust2/Cache type maps, all with similar rotation times and similar numbers of entrances to hold down. But I'm a mediocre player with no game design experience, so I dunno. :p

You want to keep competitive rules short and simple. It becomes too much if you say

Nuke - 3 minute rounds, 25 second bomb time
Season - 2 minute, 40s bomb
Dust - 1:30, 30s

Pros would have a hard time with that, casual players like us can barely manage on default settings across all maps.

The game is balanced in the sense that both teams play both sides. It would be different if you just played one side and were screwedd. I like the dynamic of "ok, let's just win 3 rounds on T side Nuke because I know they can't win that many on T side"

udiie

You want to keep competitive rules short and simple. It becomes too much if you say

Nuke - 3 minute rounds, 25 second bomb time
Season - 2 minute, 40s bomb
Dust - 1:30, 30s

Pros would have a hard time with that, casual players like us can barely manage on default settings across all maps.

The game is balanced in the sense that both teams play both sides. It would be different if you just played one side and were screwedd. I like the dynamic of "ok, let's just win 3 rounds on T side Nuke because I know they can't win that many on T side"
I agree. I kinda like the variable of play tempo being adjusted based on what map I'm playing on. I know that if I have a long rotate on CT I've gotta really rush things a bit, whereas on nuke, I can be more methodical.

Overdoziz

Banned
For Nuke they need to get rid of the part of the ledge that's above the hut and squeaky on A bomb site. Maybe the two parts on the side too. Could go a long way with making it less CT-sided.

I honestly don't see the issue with pistols being accurate when moving, couldn't that be their tradeoff? Isn't it also harder to hit targets while you yourself are moving, rather than planting your feet to take every shot?

Watching the streams of that one guy who made it to global elite with just the pistols was pretty eye opening in the way he played. He basically did everything possible with nades and subterfuge to close distance, then kept full speed while having great aim to take down riflers. The riflers were mostly caught off guard because they expected another stop and spray down or tap fight and aren't used to having to track a moving target, but that is their failure isn't it?

Arucardo

Awwww yeeeeeah, won that Fnatic sticker ;D (it's because you didn't give me winning lottery numbers Odah and not because it only had 6 entrants). You can add me to your friends list too if you want.

Got a bunch of foil's and holo's from DH. I'll sit on them for a while and see if the prices change, then sell them or use them for betting.

Haroon

Awwww yeeeeeah, won that Fnatic sticker ;D (it's because you didn't give me winning lottery numbers Odah and not because it only had 6 entrants). You can add me to your friends list too if you want.

Got a bunch of foil's and holo's from DH. I'll sit on them for a while and see if the prices change, then sell them or use them for betting.

http://niplife.com/

K.Sabot

Sighhhhh

why does every good community server have to add stupid bullshit like donator skins that misrepresent the hitboxes of a character.

They always end up ruining themselves with that type of bullshit.

soultron

Banned
Sighhhhh

why does every good community server have to add stupid bullshit like donator skins that misrepresent the hitboxes of a character.

They always end up ruining themselves with that type of bullshit.

But I want a Yoshi hat.

I couldn't play for shit tonight. I think I'm going to spend the week practising grenades. I need to get the fundamentals down again... feeling rusty.

Rivitur

Banned
And finding a spot that is widely considered questionably legal, the map becomes unplayable due to the advantage. Let it go, Rivitur.
That's not the point m8 ldlc got 12 on CT side and Fnatic didn't get the pistol round. Are you telling me that Fnatic couldn't get 13 rounds after the pistol round on a CT sided map? I think you might not be giving the #1 ranked team In the world enough credit for their actual skill here m8. Don't be clouded by hatered they are an extremely good team still depite your negative take on them.

soultron

Banned
I honestly would've loved to see Fnatic play CT without the boost. I still think LDLC would've won, but I think it would have been far more entertaining and evenly matched than the last half we were given.

Wunder

That's not the point m8 ldlc got 12 on CT side and Fnatic got the pistol round. Are you telling me that Fnatic couldn't get 13 rounds after already winning the pistol round on a CT sided map? I think you might not be giving the #1 ranked team In the world enough credit for their actual skill here m8. Don't be clouded by hatered they are an extremely good team still depite your negative take on them.

they didnt get pistol round

Ludono

I think the whole game is designed to be slightly CT sided solely due to the fact that the timer works AGAINST the T side. Then of course the different map designs lend themselves to be sided a certain way, though generally it goes CT. But like you guys said it's all just speculation since it doesn't really apply to matchmaking where people just run nilly willy and don't use the side to their advantage.

J-Coleman from the Cache game was definitely wall hacking.
CSGOLOUNGE Nacho was also walling.

When's the next banwave already. Would love to see these jackasses lose their skins.

Wow, DreamHack games were streamed on TV by the national public broadcasting company YLE here in Finland and they reported that the games had a peak of 100 000 watchers 0_0

Sajjaja

I think the whole game is designed to be slightly CT sided solely due to the fact that the timer works AGAINST the T side. Then of course the different map designs lend themselves to be sided a certain way, though generally it goes CT. But like you guys said it's all just speculation since it doesn't really apply to matchmaking where people just run nilly willy and don't use the side to their advantage.

CT is generally more expensive as well.

Ludono

CT is generally more expensive as well.

True but pistols all cost the same, armor costs the same, M4A1-S makes buying a good rifle affordable, AWP costs the same. biggest difference is the Incindieray costs $200 more....

But I don't like the idea of making CT even more expensive, would just make rounds less interesting by have less buys.

CoolS

On the topic of CT sided maps in GO:

One reason for that is how the smokes work in the game right now. You can completely seal of a lot of chokepoints as a CT and pushing through a smoke almost always is a shit idea. Add in the molotovs and you can delay pushes for a long fucking time.

Also, I think yome maps are much narrower that the used to. I don't think you were able to e.g. smoke of banana on inferno completely with just one smoke in earlier versions.

I ran out of time, I had to go to sleep, so I couldn't check the game fully.

My right thumb has been sore for a few days.
I also need to tweak and get used to my mouse.

cresto

That's not the point m8 ldlc got 12 on CT side and Fnatic didn't get the pistol round. Are you telling me that Fnatic couldn't get 13 rounds after the pistol round on a CT sided map? I think you might not be giving the #1 ranked team In the world enough credit for their actual skill here m8. Don't be clouded by hatered they are an extremely good team still depite your negative take on them.

Dude, LET IT GO. Theoretically LDLC would be up 15-3 since they won the pistol round. You honestly believe Fnactic had a shot after they lost the pistol round? They used the boost 13 out of 15 rounds. The only times they didnt use it was the first round - which they lost - and an obvious LDLC eco round. Get off your delusional thinking, man. It's just crazy talk.

Also, I don't think you are giving LDLC enough credit. They have had several instances where they handily beat Fnatic, like dreamhack stockholm. Get over it and move on just as Fnatic has.

Lastly, fuck you for thinking that I am being "clouded by hatred" you ignorant ass hole.

Edit: I actually was going to post this hilarious video of shox I saw on reddit until Rivitur continued his stupidity.

Wunder

Dude, LET IT GO. Theoretically LDLC would be up 15-3 since they won the pistol round. You honestly believe Fnactic had a shot after they lost the pistol round? They used the boost 13 out of 15 rounds. The only times they didnt use it was the first round - which they lost - and an obvious LDLC eco round. Get off your delusional thinking, man. It's just crazy talk.

Also, I don't think you are giving LDLC enough credit. They have had several instances where they handily beat Fnatic, like dreamhack stockholm. Get over it and move on just as Fnatic has.

Lastly, fuck you for thinking that I am being "clouded by hatred" you ignorant ass hole.

Edit: I actually was going to post this hilarious video of shox I saw on reddit until Rivitur continued his stupidity.

Did they even play Fnatic at DH Stockholm? iirc they were in a group with Titan and NiP then Titan beat Fnatic in the Semis and LDLC lost to Titan in the finals

ChrisW

So managed to get an AK-47 case hardened FT in good colours for some of my guns.

I've bought the bush bash bosh holo stickers, what are your thoughts on putting them on the AK, the case hardened seems to make stickers look pretty cool, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom