• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludono

Well, that boost might have been technically not illegal but it was definitely unsportsmanlike, hence the rematch was the best decision. The communities reactions have largely been disgusting in terms that death threats and insults go no where and will only destroy the scene itself. Fnatic is easily one of the best teams in the world, if not the best even without using underhanded means and if they end up disbanding because of the community it will be quite sad. I'm not sure how they've gotten to this point where they are just so universally despised, it's not that they're number 1, NiP was number 1 and they didn't have anywhere near the amount of haters.... I don't know :p

Speaking of stickers, does it say anywhere how long they will be available for at the discounted rate? Forgot to buy some yesterday and now I'm working away for a week and can't access the client.

Edit: spelling/autocorrect

udiie

Speaking of sticlears, does it say anywhere how long they will be available for at the discounted rate? Forgot to buy some yesterday and now I'm working away for a week and can't access the client.

not sure, but thanks for reminding me :)
i may have went a little overboard...
Tf4aUFR.png
i didnt buy any fnatic stickers cause fuck them

Ludono

Alittle bit pissed that ALL the skins I won from CSGO lounge got devalued by like 15%.... Ah well.

Bought a couple team stickers, opened three HOLO capsules and got two fnatic and one C9 LOL

zon

How many souvenir packages did you all get? I ended up with two in the end.

Ehhhh 9/10 messages... Of course you're going to get hate messages. The Internet works in letting assholes voice their opinion and stable-minded people will probably be the "1/10" or just not message him at all. It's not really a fair reflection of the community.

not sure, but thanks for reminding me :)
i may have went a little overboard...

i didnt buy any fnatic stickers cause fuck them

Oh the ironing.

haveheart

Banned
i'm not threatening their lives/going out of my way to send them hateful messages, but i still dont agree with the actions they've taken and the remarkably suspicious plays flusha has been making, or his addressing of the community as a whole.
edit: plus, this moment put a sour taste in my mouth about those guys a couple months ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLwqahjtEWw

Can't we all just agree on not liking fnatic?

They've been acting like dicks, flusha's allegedly cheating, they used pixelwalking this Dreamhack. Why should anyone take their side?

And about those death threats etc.: This is the Internet, it's a bit harsh round here. Nowadays everyone's crying when their digitally insulted.
I started CS with Beta 0.8 and I remember the tone being way more impolite.

udiie

They've been acting like dicks, flusha's allegedly cheating, they used pixelwalking this Dreamhack. Why should anyone take their side?

And about those death threats etc.: This is the Internet, it's a bit harsh round here. Nowadays everyone's crying when their digitally insulted.

i can agree. sportsmanship is a two way street

Disliking fnatic is fine. However, even implying that they deserve this kind of treatment from the community is wrong.

Mokoi

Banned
Olofmeister, Krimz and Pronax sure looks different in that video. :'D
lol yeah that was before schneider got kicked, and devilwalk stop playing to coach. Can't say you hate all of them because olaf, and krimz weren't even part of the team. Also it's funny how NiP were given two chances to win that, yet still ended up losing.

soultron

Banned
Alittle bit pissed that ALL the skins I won from CSGO lounge got devalued by like 15%.... Ah well.

Bought a couple team stickers, opened three HOLO capsules and got two fnatic and one C9 LOL

I'll trade you the C9 holo for my VP holo, if you're into that kind of thaaang.

cHinzo

lol yeah that was before schneider got kicked, and devilwalk stop playing to coach.

I miss Schneider tho, he's a cool guy and such a good player. He's kind of in a similar situation as Maikelele was. Crazy amount of skill, but no team to pick him up. There used to be three pro teams (NiP, Fnatic, LGB) in Sweden which were a step above everyone else. Too bad there are only 2 of these teams now (NiP and Fnatic) and they don't seem to need new players...

cresto

I miss Schneider tho, he's a cool guy and such a good player. He's kind of in a similar situation as Maikelele was. Crazy amount of skill, but no team to pick him up. There used to be three pro teams (NiP, Fnatic, LGB) in Sweden which were a step above everyone else. Too bad there are only 2 of these teams now (NiP and Fnatic) and they don't seem to need new players...

Schneider had an interview recently on HLTV.org where he said he was coming back soon

Fnatic Support Reddit Thread

Even though I am not a big fan of Fnatic, I think it's important to support the scene entirely. I wholeheartedly disagree with their actions during the major, but I also completely disagree the communities hatred and pure speculative harassment. The team needs to stay in the scene because the rivalries is what brings people back to the game to watch time and time again. I suggest everyone show support for the team whether you agree with their recent decisions or not.

KingKong

Fnatic was clearly the best team the last few months, though LDLC were going to beat them fair and square before the boost but that's just the nature of the quarterfinal draw

garath

Man. I wish I had more time so I could play competitive. I'm getting really bored with casual games. I can barely slot 45 min for League of legends games here and there let alone the potentially longer CS games :(

udiie

lol yeah that was before schneider got kicked, and devilwalk stop playing to coach. Can't say you hate all of them because olaf, and krimz weren't even part of the team. Also it's funny how NiP were given two chances to win that, yet still ended up losing.
I know hahaha, I'm mostly bothered by JW and flusha. The other members are just unfortunate to be associated with those dudes. I don't hate them, because I don't know them, but I certainly don't care for them.
Even though I am not a big fan of Fnatic, I think it's important to support the scene entirely. I wholeheartedly disagree with their actions during the major, but I also completely disagree the communities hatred and pure speculative harassment. The team needs to stay in the scene because the rivalries is what brings people back to the game to watch time and time again. I suggest everyone show support for the team whether you agree with their recent decisions or not.

Fair enough. I do see the benefit of having them around, mostly in the existence of added popularity for the game & their history against other teams. And yes, jumping to conclusions is probably not a great idea until there is some solid evidence. I just think despite their forfeit, they could've handled things much more professionally.

ChrisW

Actually sack that off, I can't afford the MW version, was going
To offer a ST FT Mehndi, griffin MW and a glock FT water elemental

Rivitur

Banned
Fnatic was clearly the best team the last few months, though LDLC were going to beat them fair and square before the boost but that's just the nature of the quarterfinal draw
I think you guys are over looking that the map is CT sided... Heavily CT sided...

I think you guys are over looking that the map is CT sided... Heavily CT sided...

There needs to be a discussion about this, and not just for the one map. Overpass, Cobble, Inferno, Nuke... they're all CT sided. The entire meta of CSGO at the moment favors the CT side.

Now one can say that it's fair because both teams get 15 rounds on each side, but you have to admit that starting the second half as CT while being 4-11 or 3-12 down is a far higher pressure situation than starting the match as CT at 0-0.

Sometimes it feels like the knife round is the most important round of a match.

Valve recognized this was a problem with Cobble and tried to fix it. They should consider doing it for the other maps listed as well IMO.

Is there any site that aggregates CSGO results and displays win percentages by the side chosen? I know there are places which track Radiant and Dire victory percentages for Dota 2 (which are remarkably close to 50% btw). Would be interesting to see similar stats for the CSGO pro scene.

KingKong

Is there any site that aggregates CSGO results and displays win percentages by the side chosen? I know there are places which track Radiant and Dire victory percentages for Dota 2 (which are remarkably close to 50% btw). Would be interesting to see similar stats for the CSGO pro scene.

http://www.hltv.org/?pageid=183&gameid=2

on the bottom

pretty much what you'd expect, dust2 is T sided, cache and season are fairly balanced, nuke sucks

e: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/map-data-01/ for general public stats

soultron

Banned
What do you guys think can/should be done to make certain maps more T-sided? Tweaks to the T-side economy and/or loss bonuses, perhaps? T-only gear, such as no incendiary on CT side?

KingKong

What do you guys think can/should be done to make certain maps more T-sided? Tweaks to the T-side economy and/or loss bonuses, perhaps? T-only gear, such as no incendiary on CT side?

better maps is really all it needs, biggest thing imo is CT rotations from bomb sites, you can see how the most imbalanced maps let CTs go from A to B in seconds while the more balanced ones don't

soultron

Banned
better maps is really all it needs, biggest thing imo is CT rotations from bomb sites, you can see how the most imbalanced maps let CTs go from A to B in seconds while the more balanced ones don't

On your point about rotations then, do you think Cache is a better map than Dust2, then? Season better than D2 as well?

Wunder

It's also a question of how a pug would play a map compared to a pro level team. Starcraft 2 faced a lot of the same issues when it originally came out and after HotS, since there were certain things a pro player could do to combat an imbalance that a lower level player wouldn't and would get easily run over. Similarly, I find if you play Season in a pug, it becomes incredibly hard for the CTs because of the long rotates and tough angles, while a pro team can have good communication and learn smokes/flashes to combat hard to hold sites.

Omega

Banned

I don't think maps need to be balanced. It creates another dynamic to the game and I find that interesting.

It's also doesn't even matter unless you're a pro/high ranked player. I love how when I play you get people saying "oh it's X sided we got this"

They don't understand how or why it's an X sided map and why it being an X sided map doesn't benefit us since we're not doing any of the shit to take advantage of it being in our favor.

soultron

Banned
That's my belief. Dust2 is amazing in PUGs and at a casual level since it's a simple map with very few callouts, quick rotates, and some long angles for easy AWPing.

I definitely think some maps need a balance in rotation times so that both sides are equally playable and don't feel too lopsided.

KingKong

On your point about rotations then, do you think Cache is a better map than Dust2, then? Season better than D2 as well?

idk, its hard to say what's better (or if being the best means having the closest to 50% T/CT balance), but I definitely think they're better than nuke or overpass or cbble. obviously different styles of maps are fun to watch too, there's something exciting about a team having a chance on Nuke despite only winning 2 rounds or being in trouble because they let the opponent get 4 rounds

also obviously this is all about pro games or pug level games, its hard to talk about map balance for matchmaking games where people dont really use grenades or just rush a site every round for example

Omega

Banned
JeSpErW said:
we honestly thought that we just were innovative and found something new and cool, not gamebreaking

haha . Yeah, there's nothing game breaking about being able to see the entire map from spawn on a map that allows you to rotate extremely quickly.

Odah

Banned
sup.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Fnatic Sticker. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Odah, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sticker | Fnatic | DreamHack 2014 -- MB-94CAB95BF4172965 - Taken by Arucardo. 6 entrants total.
330x192

t1417476784z1.png

Keep calm and love Fnatic, my friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom