• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the drivers for the WiiU GC adapter are out. I'm trying them out with CS:GO but I can't get the sticks to work. Only the buttons for now. I'll try again tomorrow. This must happen, it's the best of both worlds.

So the drivers for the WiiU GC adapter are out. I'm trying them out with CS:GO but I can't get the sticks to work. Only the buttons for now. I'll try again tomorrow. This must happen, it's the best of both worlds.

jennifer-lawrence-oh-yeah-thumbs-up.gif

Omega

Banned
Can someone just give me some of their luck? You got Odah winning every giveaway on the internet, chinzo not even deranking because he gets good teammates.

i get nothing

I was searching around google for an answer, but I couldn't find anything; Was there ever a proper fix for controller support without having to open up the command winder and running some config? As in.. just plug it, jump into a match and it all be fine? I figured GAF would be the best place to ask so I don't get " LOL USE KB AND MOUSE" replies. Played a lot on PS3, and I'm not really looking to be competitive anyways. Just want to know before I bite the bullet on GO.

inb4 use kb + mouse : p

Rivitur

Banned
I was searching around google for an answer, but I couldn't find anything; Was there ever a proper fix for controller support without having to open up the command winder and running some config? As in.. just plug it, jump into a match and it all be fine? I figured GAF would be the best place to ask so I don't get " LOL USE KB AND MOUSE" replies. Played a lot on PS3, and I'm not really looking to be competitive anyways. Just want to know before I bite the bullet on GO.

If there isn't you could look around google and find an older version of Switchblade (that doent require login or payment) to use on your PC.

If there isn't you could look around google and find an older version of Switchblade (that doent require login or payment) to use on your PC.

Urgh. I was kinda hoping if maybe one of you guys who already own the game could try jumping in with bots or something to see if it's in decent working order? : s

Mokoi

Banned
Alls I wants ta know is if it works. Let me getting destroyed online be my problem, friend.
: p

No it doesn't. You're going to have to enable it through console still. I don't remember the cmd for it, but I'm 99% positive you can just bind it to a key in your autoexec. Yeah make an autoexec, and avoid comp I guess.

I'd be a little annoyed if a teammate was using a controller in competitive MM.

Anyways, it looks like it works there are are some controller options in the menus.

Nobody has to know, friend.

No it doesn't. You're going to have to enable it through console still. I don't remember the cmd for it, but I'm 99% positive you can just bind it to a key in your autoexec. Yeah make an autoexec, and avoid comp I guess.

Ah well, my laziness prevails. No CS: GO for me. Thanks for a more definitive answer by the way, appreciate it.

Mokoi

Banned
Ah well, my laziness prevails. No CS: GO for me. Thanks for a more definitive answer by the way, appreciate it.
No prob it does suck that it's not easy to use one. Made trying to test one out a pain a while back. You're missing out by restricting yourself to a controller though. I got bored of every shooter I have played except for this one. Well actually not really unless trying to get better each time, and upgrade that super serious digital rank.

It didn't work for me, but thanks.
Tbh the only thing I used from that was the give weapon binds, and just added it to the botdm I had already.

Kanokare

You can make an autoexec.cfg file and insert the console command in that to execute the controller.cfg at start up every time. Works for me.

Kanokare? i just think he's bullshitting

Pfft it's not that hard! Do it all the time with my friend on the Xbox 360 when we played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qsq5dGJh5o

Yeah, on CT if the terrorists didn't get a plant on the 1st round. They would need 2 ecos to have enough money for a full buy, so u can make use of a SMG which gives double the kill moneys. If the terrorists planted during the 1st round, I prefer going for the P90 or a rifle.
I did say after 2nd. CT side 2nd if we win I almost always go Bizon and upgrade on the T buy round. Pistol loss, I go armour pistol.
On T side it depends on the map but I'll probably grab a galil over bizon on pistol win. Armour pistol on loss.

ChrisW

Man, how do some of you guys controll the AK-47. I'm fine doing aim training on still targets and then getting the first 5/6 bullets in a neat pattern, but trying to do it in a real game is so much harder. people moving side to side is really hard to combat & I just seem to almost panic shoot.

I have however been using Warowls tip of pre-firing corners that usually have someone round and it's actually worked a few times getting me tags.

Lastly how long do you guys play a day? I find that after about 3hrs my aim becomes really bad and my concentration is off and my k/d ratio goes way down, last night I went 27-12/25-13 of dust 2, then in the next two games I went 9/15 & 12/18

Ludono

Man, how do some of you guys controll the AK-47. I'm fine doing aim training on still targets and then getting the first 5/6 bullets in a neat pattern, but trying to do it in a real game is so much harder. people moving side to side is really hard to combat & I just seem to almost panic shoot.

I have however been using Warowls tip of pre-firing corners that usually have someone round and it's actually worked a few times getting me tags.

Lastly how long do you guys play a day? I find that after about 3hrs my aim becomes really bad and my concentration is off and my k/d ratio goes way down, last night I went 27-12/25-13 of dust 2, then in the next two games I went 9/15 & 12/18

I tend to spray downwards and hope for the best OR just tap away if they're farther off. I'm much better with an AWP or M4A1-S than I am with the AK though haha

I've been playing a 1-3 games a day most maybe 5 days a week at this point? I can usually feel how well I'm going to do by the first game however, so if I'm absolute garbage I'll just call it quits and end after one.

In other news, what's everyone feeling in terms of ESEA bets?

iBP - Virtus Pro
Denial - Titan
C9 - Mouz
eLevate - Fnatic

Not a single match where I feel like it could go either way except for MAYBE the Cloud9 / Mouz game. Mouz does terrible on LAN but Cloud9 has been in quite the slump..... Should I even bet on any of these since the odds are pretty garbage? ;/

ChrisW

I tend to spray downwards and hope for the best OR just tap away if they're farther off. I'm much better with an AWP or M4A1-S than I am with the AK though haha

I've been playing a 1-3 games a day most maybe 5 days a week at this point? I can usually feel how well I'm going to do by the first game however, so if I'm absolute garbage I'll just call it quits and end after one.

iBP - Virtus Pro
Denial - Titan
C9 - Mouz
eLevate - Fnatic

Not a single match where I feel like it could go either way except for MAYBE the Cloud9 / Mouz game. Mouz does terrible on LAN but Cloud9 has been in quite the slump..... Should I even bet on any of these since the odds are pretty garbage? ;/

Yeah I'm much better with the M4A1-S too, but that's due to the tighter spray pattern I guess.

What's the best way to combat people who strafe left and right?

Omega

Banned
hey chinzo i deranked to nova wanna switch accounts?

next gaf server night Team Omega vs Team Atsou. sign upppppppppp

Omega

Banned
Don't think i'd be good enough to hang with the big leagues of you guys!
everyone is welcome
Where, How and can I even join in (everyone hates me and my ping ;_;)
Mayhem played with us last time and he lives in yurop so you'll be fine. no real sign up, just say you're interested. i have no idea how we're gonna do it but i just figured it would be better than the last time we're we just scrambled teams.

fuck yeah. thanks for the support udiie. i thought shadow was my friend but he jumped on team atsou...

CoolS

iBP - Virtus Pro
Denial - Titan
C9 - Mouz
eLevate - Fnatic

Titan is playing with their Manager right?

And isn't ESEA LAN in the US? Always take that into account concerning US teams, which seem to perform waaaay better on home turf.

ChrisW

everyone is welcome

Mayhem played with us last time and he lives in yurop so you'll be fine. no real sign up, just say you're interested. i have no idea how we're gonna do it but i just figured it would be better than the last time we're we just scrambled teams.

fuck yeah. thanks for the support udiie. i thought shadow was my friend but he jumped on team atsou...

Ok pencil me in, and let me know the details and I'll try jump in :D

cHinzo

Coming up: EuroGAF v USAGAF CSGO matches

(that would be cool though)
Imagine the drama if one side wins. NA > EU or EU > NA for the rest of the thread until we rematch. :d Do we even have a Supreme in EUGaf? ;__;

Yeah I'm probably going to be watching. There's a skill requirement that I do not qualify for.
The only requirement is joining... Just play!
Titan is playing with their Manager right?

And isn't ESEA LAN in the US? Always take that into account concerning US teams, which seem to perform waaaay better on home turf.
U mean the EU teams only have a day (or less in Na'Vi's case last finals) to get rid of the jetlag, because of the tight schedule. Yeah aint happening. :d

Ludono

everyone is welcome

Okay "interested"

Arucardo

I'd totally be up for it if it's not a US server with terrible ping :p . Would give me something to practice for. Been playing way below my level for ages now.

ChrisW

So I've dropped my sensitivity down to 1.4 now too, my mouse has built in dpi button, but the software isn't compatible with Mac OS, so I think my default lowest dpi is 800 which means I should be playing at about 1.0 sens, but I've gone for halfway as my mat is small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom