• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallacs

Are there many people playing this? Thread seems very short

I mainly play CSS for zombie escape servers. About five or so maps were converted over to GO and they were fun to play. But all the best players and map variety are still with CSS so I mainly skip GO.

When I play GO public servers, there are a lot of bots. Seems like the game is running at half capacity. I have no idea if there is a GAF server.

I mainly play CSS for zombie escape servers. About five or so maps were converted over to GO and they were fun to play. But all the best players and map variety are still with CSS so I mainly skip GO.

When I play GO public servers, there are a lot of bots. Seems like the game is running at half capacity. I have no idea if there is a GAF server.
Read the first page?

It's right there.

Omega

Banned
Still not out in EU for PS3. Fucking farcical
has it been released since this was posted?

this sucks. I normally only get on CS late at night (12AM-4AM EST) and it's usually just bot city.

yea the PS3 community is full of asswipes.

the one thing I hate the most is when there's a good match going on and some clown calls for a change map because he sucks, thinking a different map is going to make him less shitty

and then for some reason people actually vote to pass.

No one seems to be playing this much.

I'm up for games on the server but it's not happened. Guild wars 2 killed the CS hype.

I still don't think GO has come out in Europe on PS3.

Parallacs

the one thing I hate the most is when there's a good match going on and some clown calls for a change map because he sucks, thinking a different map is going to make him less shitty

I think I found the answer to this. I was on a server that kept map changing. On a whim, I voted for a map change about 30 seconds into the match. There were immediately five votes for yes, the same number that had died already in the round. They would rather load up a new map than wait the two minutes for a new round to start.

Spurs_Fan

Neo Member
Ok i think this game is glitching...I just finished playing and Arms Race game online on Nuke and am currently playing arms race on Italy o_O

pants

No one seems to be playing this much.

I'm up for games on the server but it's not happened. Guild wars 2 killed the CS hype.

I still don't think GO has come out in Europe on PS3.

Yup, not on PS3EU yet.

I've been playing locals with my friends because pubs are usually barren

so anyone on ps3, just use this and you will stomp 90% of the players without blinking.

Logitech-Wireless-Trackball-M570-with-tiny-usb-receiver.jpg

trackball sucks for gaming, but it's better than controller and the move. I went like 15-1 for three maps straight. it's almost cheating.

has it been released since this was posted?

this sucks. I normally only get on CS late at night (12AM-4AM EST) and it's usually just bot city.

You play on live?? Played with your username as a gamertag tons of times.

Just saw a hack where:

1. Players runs insanely fast
2. Every shot is a headshot
3. Player can spawn anywhere
4. Player can see through wall
5. Player can change their Steam ID into anyone else's to avoid getting VAC banned
6. Player can change IP address
7. Getting kicked/voted doesn't do jackshit.

All by one person in a VAC-enabled server.

He did it to "counter-balance the hacker on the other team". I hate hackers ruining the game for all. Fucking script-kiddies.

TGMIII

Just saw a hack where:

5. Player can change their Steam ID into anyone else's to avoid getting VAC banned

He did it to "counter-balance the hacker on the other team". I hate hackers ruining the game for all. Fucking script-kiddies.

You sure that was actually happening because it's the first time I've ever heard of that. Most servers ban players on IP so it's obviously easy for them to come back with a new IP. VAC also doesn't take effect instantly unless you're using an extremely out of date cheat and it has never stopped people from actively cheating on VAC servers.

Clydefrog

Just saw a hack where:

I saw this in-game once too. I was like "wow what a tool"

Threi

notag
Just saw a hack where:

Saw this too on a valve server yesterday :/

NIN90

Just saw a hack where:

Eh, for every match with a(n) (obvious) hacker there are like 50+ matches without one.
Just leave the match and shrug it off.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I've been lucky. It's rare that I'm in a game with a cheater, but when it happens, man is it obvious. :/

Parallacs

Eh, for every match with a(n) (obvious) hacker there are like 50+ matches without one.

Ehh, it seems to be getting a lot worse. The last time I played, there were three hackers in the course of an hour. One of them was teleporting to spawn and headshot machinegunning us on Nuke. Fun!

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
MAJOR update coming tomorrow!

CS:GO Dev twitter feed:
CS:GO will be getting a big update on Monday, featuring changes to matchmaking, bug fixes, and two maps!

Official CS blog:
Change is coming.

28 Sep 2012

Lately we’ve been hinting at some of the big changes on the way for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

On Monday, we will release a major update to CS:GO. It will feature a revised matchmaking system for Classic Competitive mode, two maps (the classic de_vertigo and the fast-paced ar_monastery), and a ton of bug fixes based on community feedback.

Matchmaking:

de_vertigo (Professional VS. FBI HRT):

ar_monastery (Balkan VS. GSG-9):

I prefer playing in community servers as there are far better players and communicators in them (also, better ping, more players, diverse maps and more). There are a handful of servers that fits this criteria and I've experienced hackers in all of them.

The problem with CS:GO is that at times its so unpredictable that you can't tell if a player is hacking or not. I like to play a game saying "Damn. That guy is good." instead of saying "Damn. That shot was a bit too accurate. Is he hacking?"

This is why I like TF2 cause GAF has a dedicated server with dedicated players and mods all the time running the server. I wish GAF had a 24 player server that was populated all the time, but it isn't.

It has been seriously depressing watching the player numbers since this was released. I was thinking it would steadily grow post-launch but it really hasn't. Admittedly, I've kind of taken a break from the game but I'll definitely get back to it once the update comes out. :(

TheExodu5

Banned
I said before launch that they needed to get the competitive features right and they needed to convert existing 1.6/Source players over, or else it would die out.

Well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom