• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Assault and Compound should make it into the game in the coming months.

Chinner

Banned
patch list apparently:
[ NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT ]

-Replaced Competitive mode "Join in Progress" matchmaking system with "Queued" matchmaking.
- Searching for a Competitive game, either from "Find a Game" or "Play with Friends," will enter the player/s ( between 1 and 5 ) into a waiting queue. Once 10 compatible players are found then the game will begin.
- Players that disconnect from a match can reconnect to it from the main menu or abandon it. Abandoning a game will result in a cooldown period during which no new competitive match can be joined.
- Note: Elo will be recalibrated for the new matchmaking system over the coming weeks.
-New maps:
-de_vertigo is now available for Classic Casual and Classic Competitive.
-ar_monastery is now available for Arms Race.

[ MINOR FIXES ]

-Weapon changes:
. Reduced p90 kill award from 300% of default to 200%.
. Reduced other SMG kill awards from 300% of default to 200%.
. Increased Bizon kill award from default to 200%.
. Reduced all shotguns' price by 300.
-Guns are now considered "reloaded" at the point during the reload animation in which they visually appear to be reloaded - this allows you to switch away from a gun after the new magazine has been entered without having to wait until the whole reload animation has finished * the weapon refire delay after starting a reload is not affected.
-Fixed HUD not showing during demo playback.
-Changes to Matchmaking Lobby
. -Removed global Join Button and added Join Buttons for individual friends in the Invite Friends section.
. -Join state is now visible when you browse the friends list.
. -Removed global Steam Profile button and added ability to click on any avatar image to see Steam Profile.
. -Removed global Invite Button and added Invite Buttons for individual friends in the Invite Friends section.
-Added new feature section to the main menu
-Fixed issue that caused doors and other "pusher" entities to move at the wrong speed when the tick rate was > 64 Hz.
-Fixed post-process blur effect getting enabled (and left on) during demo playback if the player invoked the buy menu.
-Fixed MOTD on OSX.
-Fixed scoreboard getting stuck in toggle mode after halftime sometimes.
-Fixed ability to connect to community servers using server browser from in*game pause menu.
-Fixed exploit where models could be subsituted via a hardware performance setting.
-Fixed memory corruption related to bots cleaning up their occupied nav areas.
-Fixed spectator glow materials not being precached.
-Resolved several minor bugs to clean up console spew on launch and map load.
-Fixed a crash associated with targetIDs and the sv_competitive_official_5v5 convar.
-Votes that match or exceed the number needed to succeed now end the vote early instead of waiting for the timer to expire.
-The radar now displays when a player or bomb is above and below you.
-Reduced the aim punch that happens when shot in arms and legs as well as in the chest/stomach when wearing chest armor.
-Slightly increased the velocity boost grenades get when thrown by moving players.
-Fixed in-game voice chat not working with some microphones on OSX.
-Added convars mp_teamname_t and mp_teamname_ct that allow overriding team names on the scoreboard.
-Fixed grenade bounce being significantly reduced when tossed at the ground at most angles.
-Fixed not being able to vote when spectating/observing or when the scoreboard was up.
-Changes to warmup period:
. -Players now respawn in the warmup period.
. -Warmup periods now only end when the warmup time expires.
. -Warmup period no longer allows friendly fire.
-The community server browser warning pop*up can now be dismissed and told to never show again.
-There is now a visual and audible change in place of the silence on planted c4 when its about to explode.
-Fixed the medals on the main menu showing the wrong categories.
-The Buy Previous hotkey in the buy menu now only buys things that you purchased in the previous round.
-Fixed an exploit that let players infinitely spawn golden knives.
-Fixed a case where if all players on both teams had the same clan team name the were considered on the same team.
-Fixed a crash on startup when launching a game by joining a game server from Steam.

Clydefrog

patch list apparently:
-de_vertigo is now available for Classic Casual and Classic Competitive.
-ar_monastery is now available for Arms Race.

. Increased Bizon kill award from default to 200%.
. Reduced all shotguns' price by 300.
-Guns are now considered "reloaded" at the point during the reload animation in which they visually appear to be reloaded - this allows you to switch away from a gun after the new magazine has been entered without having to wait until the whole reload animation has finished * the weapon refire delay after starting a reload is not affected.
-Fixed scoreboard getting stuck in toggle mode after halftime sometimes.
-The radar now displays when a player or bomb is above and below you.
-Slightly increased the velocity boost grenades get when thrown by moving players.
-Fixed grenade bounce being significantly reduced when tossed at the ground at most angles.
-The Buy Previous hotkey in the buy menu now only buys things that you purchased in the previous round.

awww yeeee.

i don't know why they needed to make shotguns cheaper. the sawed-off for $1500 is a steal already

NIN90

. Reduced p90 kill award from 300% of default to 200%.
-Fixed HUD not showing during demo playback.

Beautiful.

P90 nerf, lulz.

That nerf is way too tame imo. It's basically a cheaper M4 with a larger mag that gives $600 for every kill.

feel

Wait, drop in and drop out is now only available in Casual mode?. Dammit that sucks for me and my friends who like playing on the Competitive one and we like jumping into each others games if someone arrives later than the others or if his game just crashed.

TheExodu5

Banned
- Searching for a Competitive game, either from "Find a Game" or "Play with Friends," will enter the player/s ( between 1 and 5 ) into a waiting queue. Once 10 compatible players are found then the game will begin.
- Players that disconnect from a match can reconnect to it from the main menu or abandon it. Abandoning a game will result in a cooldown period during which no new competitive match can be joined.
- Note: Elo will be recalibrated for the new matchmaking system over the coming weeks.

Thank god. The game should had launched like this.

Now it needs a proper ranking/laddering system, not the ambiguous system it currently has.

Wait, drop in and drop out is now only available in Casual mode?. Dammit that sucks for me and my friends who like playing on the Competitive one and we like jumping into each others games if someone arrives later than the others or if his game just crashed.

You can still play on community servers.

The whole point of Competitive is to have full 5v5 scrims with a ranking system. Drop-in, drop-out was completely contrary to this. It's like allowing people to take over computer players in in-progress Starcraft 2 matches.

feel

Thank god. The game should had launched like this.

Now it needs a proper ranking/laddering system, not the ambiguous system it currently has.

You can still play on community servers.

The whole point of Competitive is to have full 5v5 scrims with a ranking system. Drop-in, drop-out was completely contrary to this. It's like allowing people to take over computer players in in-progress Starcraft 2 matches.
I totally get that, but they should've created a new/separate playlist for this update instead of screwing over people playing everyday for the past months in a certain way.

edit- Actually, just noticed you can reconnect to the server if you drop of a competitive game instead of having to wait for yours friends to finish. That washes away my main concern about the new system.

Stridone

Banned
I mainly play CSS for zombie escape servers. About five or so maps were converted over to GO and they were fun to play. But all the best players and map variety are still with CSS so I mainly skip GO.

When I play GO public servers, there are a lot of bots. Seems like the game is running at half capacity. I have no idea if there is a GAF server.

Zombie escape is one of my most played games of all time.. So awesome. Think I might have played it more than regular CS:S even.

Did they break the vote system or something?

Everyone votes for a map change to Vertigo - it doesn't change, and then "the next map is de_dust".

Fuuuuuuuuuck!

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Voting has always been screwy in this game. I was in a comp match of Vertigo, and at the end of it, all 10 of us voted for a rematch, a vote which passed. Instead, I was sent back to main menu. :/

That being said, Vertigo is great. I'm glad they added it, and I can't wait for more new maps!

Monastery is beautiful and fun, but it does seem very easy for the CTs to camp the Ts.

bounchfx

really not liking these changes to classic competitive. They need to separate matchmaking casual/compet into separate options.

For me it's more about the options. I don't like the 'Casual' settings of no FF and the like. Also good luck finding a 5v5 with any community server.

BPRD

Banned
Bought this game during beta. This is the most I have played Counter Strike since the originals Beta(skipped Source though I own it..)

Loving the game

NIN90

really not liking these changes to classic competitive. They need to separate matchmaking casual/compet into separate options.

For me it's more about the options. I don't like the 'Casual' settings of no FF and the like. Also good luck finding a 5v5 with any community server.

Join Quakenet #5on5.csgo

We find matches in mere minutes if not seconds.

Euphor!a

Banned
New patch is terrible...

Have 2 good rounds? Congratulations, the entire enemy team has left and gone to play casuals for 30 minutes, you are now stuck playing bots unless you are lucky enough to convince your teammates to vote kick you from the game.

New patch is terrible...

Have 2 good rounds? Congratulations, the entire enemy team has left and gone to play casuals for 30 minutes, you are now stuck playing bots unless you are lucky enough to convince your teammates to vote kick you from the game.

this is why community servers are better.

But so far i've enjoyed the hit detection on the new patch.

KingKong

Wow Valve completely fucked the game up for me with this playlist change, what a shame...

Yeah it's a joke. I don't understand how they didn't think this through at all: people can only join a new match -> if someone quits, team is stuck with useless bot. And the worst part is that it's not even guaranteed to start a game with 10 real players

kodt

Banned
Sounds like they need Casual Competitive, and Ranked Competitive.

Casual Competitive would allow drop-in drop-out.

Ranked Competitive would only be for a set group of 5, you would only do it if you knew you had time to play an entire match, and had people you knew would not be leavers.

garath

I like the ELO/matchmaking competitive changes. The queue system is the way it should have been from the beginning. Unfortunately it prevents me from just jumping into a game for a few minutes but it does prevent that annoying "get into a game with $800 on a losing team" and hopefully it will prevent people from quitting out with they start getting their butts kicked. They'll take an ELO hit and be unable to queue for awhile.

I agree. I want a "casual" drop in/out game with competitive settings. Kind of like how competitive was. But I really like the new competitive queuing system as well.

Ranked Competitive would only be for a set group of 5, you would only do it if you knew you had time to play an entire match, and had people you knew would not be leavers.

This is perfect except Ranked Competitive should be for solo/duo players as well. Leavers are going to happen in a solo queue but it's doable. Especially as you rise in ELO you'll get less leavers.

TheExodu5

Banned
New patch is terrible...

So...sounds like they half assed it again. They're halfway there.

They need a proper ranking/stats system with a leaver rating. Come on Valve! Just take what you do in Dota 2, and copy-paste it for CS Go! The solution is so simple. ;_;

Yeah it's a joke. I don't understand how they didn't think this through at all: people can only join a new match -> if someone quits, team is stuck with useless bot. And the worst part is that it's not even guaranteed to start a game with 10 real players

I don't know how they didn't see this coming. What do they think would happen without punishing leavers?

What's the point of Casual Competitive? Just play on Community servers...it's the exact same thing, just a different interface for joining.

KingKong

What's the point of Casual Competitive? Just play on Community servers...it's the exact same thing, just a different interface for joining.

The point is to play games with the right number of players (5v5), default settings, and hopefully about the same skill level. The main difference between Casual and Comp is that Casual is 10 rounds, which goes by very fast. The other things like no ff, buying armor and kits don't really matter (I'd prefer they weren't there, but whatever).

I think they're going about this the wrong way, people played Comp Matchmaking for those reasons, not because they wanted a real full team that would stick for the entire game. If someone is playing that seriously, they'll scrim or pug.

antitrop

Looking through community servers is annoying.

99% of them are lame mods that I wouldn't want to play with if they paid me.

Clydefrog

Yeah, I never have the game matchmake for me. I go to communtiy servers, refresh all, filter by lowest ping, and then join a game that looks good. I have a few go-to servers now and that is all I need.

feel

I don't wanna be browsing Community hoping I come across some server that has enough people but not too many, and no bullshit rules or modifications. I just want to play the default game on an official server with default player counts, with a click or two once I boot the game, just like I've been doing since the beta before making the decision to buy the game.

I agree. I want a "casual" drop in/out game with competitive settings. Kind of like how competitive was. But I really like the new competitive queuing system as well.
100% this. Can't believe they just went and fucked over people used to the way things were instead of introducing the new (and needed) queue playlist separately.

edit-

Official forum is absolutely raging, but I don't even know if Valve reads those, so I hope the player count drops so that they take notice of what they've done. What was yesterday an amazing pickup and play mp game for you and your friends is now something that works against your fun.

Not having to do server browsing is key for me.

I wouldn't mind server browsing if most of them weren't with stupid rules or 24/7 on one map.

Its so hard on PC to find just a regular server that goes through all maps with normal rules that its also the main reason i no longer game on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom