• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing practically nonstop since launch of PS3.. been a blast, no issues to report. I've mostly been playing the hostage missions on classic casual.. office is the best map by far IMO. I would play Classic Competitive but the rounds are just too long for me..

I'm trying to platinum it on ps3 and the only one I have left is "win a round of arms race with dying" seems near impossible though..

PSN - Snake-eater27

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm trying to platinum it on ps3 and the only one I have left is "win a round of arms race with dying" seems near impossible though..

Because it is nearly impossible. Just glitch it if it the patch didn't patch the glitch. Otherwise delete the patch (if possible)/redownload the game and glitch the trophy, then repatch the game after synching.

Get to Gold Knife no matter how many kills, switch teams. Get two more kills without dying. Boom, done. Screw that achievement because while it's possible even with bots it's too damn luck based with no ability to make sure you're able to stay alive/heal some damage to where you can take a few risks in the run up to the knife to get it.

Ocho

Bought the game a couple of nights ago. Anyone else experiencing random, constant crashes? Steam mentions something about this game is unavailable. Seems I can't even finish a match.

PandaL

I've been playing practically nonstop since launch of PS3.. been a blast, no issues to report. I've mostly been playing the hostage missions on classic casual.. office is the best map by far IMO. I would play Classic Competitive but the rounds are just too long for me..

PSN - Snake-eater27

Play as Terrorists. Camp in the terrorists spawn area and wait for the enemies to show up. Its takes a few attempts but that's how I got it.

Bunny Hunt is the last trophy for me and seems impossible. I'm just unable to even find anyone jumping around. :(

NHale

PSN - Snake-eater27

If you want to get it easily, just play against easy bots and you will get it in 5 minutes, just get to the golden knife (you can be killed until you reach that point) then change to the other team. You will be demoted to the last gun before the golden knife so you only have to get 2 kills without getting killed and ding trophy unlocked.

Bunny Hunt is the last trophy for me and seems impossible. I'm just unable to even find anyone jumping around. :(

Play Arms race on the "Shoots" map. Get to the 1 shot kill guns (shotguns, sniper) and wait for people to jump between the rooftops in the middle of the map.

Booter

Bought the game a couple of nights ago. Anyone else experiencing random, constant crashes? Steam mentions something about this game is unavailable. Seems I can't even finish a match.

i've had this a little bit (on PC), started from the most recent patch.

Is anyone else having issues joining games? Keeps putting me with all bots...

often times I'll click 'find a game', and i'll be put on a server with no players, only bots. i just sit and wait, and people will start joining. faith in valve (1st party servers/matchmaking), i suppose...

Rickeh

Taking bets on the EU release date of CS:GO on the PS3. I would get it on the US store but don't really want to play on US servers... (not because I don't like the fine folk of the US but because of the inevitable lag) :)

So $10 bet that it doesn't come out this Wednesday, which would make it oh 3 weeks late now?

TeegsD

Played the trial and I'm sold. My school has high security on their net so playing against others online only really works on the 360 and even then its a few games and its not the best quality. The bots make this worth the 15 bucks alone.

Damn the PS3 version is full of team killers. This asshole kept team killing me on office and once I tked him back, he initiated a successful vote kick on me. Pissed me off so much >_<

garath

It's depressing seeing Source and 1.6 still having more players than this. The game is great, I wish people would just give it a chance.

Yeah. I'm starting to really feel the smaller community. I'm seeing the same faces over and over in my classic competitive games. On the bright side I've added a few of the better ones to my friends list so I'll have decent people to play with.

The ELO system still seems to be a little whacked though. What does it take to gain a rank?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Damn the PS3 version is full of team killers. This asshole kept team killing me on office and once I tked him back, he initiated a successful vote kick on me. Pissed me off so much >_<

I will never understand TKers. There's absolutely no benefit.

Clydefrog

Rifles are useful and all, but something about the Mac-10 / MP9 works wonders in close encounters. A shotgun would be ideal, but then you’re out of luck for mid-to-long range encounters. I actually led my team 3 maps in a row using only mac-10 / mp9 yesterday!

oh man, it's like a new generation of newbs out there.

everyone is playing this like it's cod (running while shooting)

all i do is sit still and fire at people and they all die.

Arnie

Fucking hell I was beasting tonight. Felt like my old CS skills were flowing back through me, all the little nuances bursting through my fingertips, except this time I'm playing on a controller. Game is still excellent, regardless of input method.

Part of me feels like Classic Casual is more of a challenge. Once I've got a couple of round wins under my belt on Competitive it's fucking easy to just stomp the other team as they're spending their only cash on kevlar and I'm waltzing around with an awp.

AkuMifune

Banned
Is it a known issue that the stats and leaderboards are borked on 360, or is it just me? Somehow I lost 100 kills overnight, then it went back up 30 and now back down. And the few friends I had on the leaderboards are all now gone.

Weird. Otherwise, no issues playing online, ever. Great fun. It's elegance lies in its simplicity.

RedSwirl

What's it like playing with bots? I have absolutely zero experience with CS so I already know that if I buy this I'd have to spend hours upon hours playing with bots before I ever felt confident enough to step into actual multiplayer.

chiablo

I finally found a no-snipe server last night. Funnest time I've had in CS:GO so far. Unfortunately, it's a 24/7 Office server... :(

Clydefrog

What's it like playing with bots? I have absolutely zero experience with CS so I already know that if I buy this I'd have to spend hours upon hours playing with bots before I ever felt confident enough to step into actual multiplayer.

they're not hard at all. you can set the difficulty of them and i still think the hardest difficulty is still pretty easy. furthermore, it's easier with bots because your shots will register better than on a server where you have lag.

it's just so damn easy!

chiablo

Just go online and play on the classic casual servers, you'll do fine. This isn't Modern Warfare, you won't get called derogatory names and Friendly Fire is off.

Your punishment for poor performance is pretty severe though. You'll die early, and be forced to wait for the round to end before you can try again. But this is half the excitement of Counterstrike.

Booter

I will never understand TKers. There's absolutely no benefit.

just because you don't perceive a benefit does not mean that one does not exist.

some humans enjoy receiving attention from other humans, even if it's negative attention.

Rifles are useful and all, but something about the Mac-10 / MP9 works wonders in close encounters. A shotgun would be ideal, but then you&#8217;re out of luck for mid-to-long range encounters. I actually led my team 3 maps in a row using only mac-10 / mp9 yesterday!

part of why I like cs:go so much more than cs:source is it seems lots of weapons are now viable that weren't in the past

bots, even the easy ones, have surprisingly good reflexes and accuracy. even better than a few real players you'll find starting out in classic casual (at least on ps3). the problem with bots is that they're predictable and easily exploitable and still don't really play the game like a human would. if anything, i'd start out playing with bots just to get used to the controls/recoil and learning the maps, and thats it. if you can kill a bot, you can kill a player.

downtime from dying might seem odd to new players, but i actually love it. use this time to spec other players and you might learn a thing or two from them. i always prefer to switch the camera to 1st person for this reason.

bots, even the easy ones, have surprisingly good reflexes and accuracy. even better than a few real players you'll find starting out in classic casual (at least on ps3). the problem with bots is that they're predictable and easily exploitable and still don't really play the game like a human would. if anything, i'd start out playing with bots just to get used to the controls/recoil and learning the maps, and thats it. if you can kill a bot, you can kill a player.

downtime from dying might seem odd to new players, but i actually love it. use this time to spec other players and you might learn a thing or two from them. i always prefer to switch the camera to 1st person for this reason.

Yeah downtime adds a consequence to dying, so doing high risk stuff is a lot more exciting than in other games, absolutely love it.

Xero

Best thing to do would be to play with bots to get the basics down which shouldn't take long, then play classic casual. The ceiling for what you can learn from playing against bots thats useful is very low.

RedSwirl

Just go online and play on the classic casual servers, you'll do fine. This isn't Modern Warfare, you won't get called derogatory names and Friendly Fire is off.

Your punishment for poor performance is pretty severe though. You'll die early, and be forced to wait for the round to end before you can try again. But this is half the excitement of Counterstrike.

No respawns? Nice. Only game I've played like that was NeoTokyo (which was also Source engine), which also had high lethality. How similar is that to CS?

Yeah that's basically what I meant.

rCIZZLE

It's depressing seeing Source and 1.6 still having more players than this. The game is great, I wish people would just give it a chance.

I gave it a pretty fair chance but still prefer 1.6 in the long run. GO is just too much like Source and I never fancied that.

Not that one, but I'm getting one where I keep trying to pick my flashbang but the game doesn't acknowledge I have one. Sometimes it will lock up both my he grenade and flashbang, although my smoke always works...

I now have a silver badge in all stats as well as a gold badge for the global map completion badge. No one will ever get golds in any of the other categories unless they play forever, which I won't ve doing. I've accomplished my goal, probably time to retire for the most part

TommyT

Downloaded and played a bit a PAX. Game is solid and brings back the good old CS days. Just as it was then, game isn't really my style and I probably won't be able to get into it that much.

That said, the unique dog tags with the keys that Valve was giving away at PAX are super freaking sweet!

snack

I've been getting the crashing problems with the latest patch as well. Everything ran smoothly before that.

Dota 2 will keep me busy!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
just because you don't perceive a benefit does not mean that one does not exist.

some humans enjoy receiving attention from other humans, even if it's negative attention.

Sounds like a mental illness.

Bauhaus

Banned
I think I'm finally getting good at this game.

Why so many people like 1.6 better isn't that game like seven years old or something?

Bauhaus

Banned
I never played 1.6 so I don't know how much better It is in comparison but, this if people would rather play Team Fortress Classic over TF2 when it first came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom