• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

I really really hate the new system. Just beat XCom, thought it was time for CSGO. Matched to a game (dust2, which I seem to get 50% of the time), and we have a pretty good game going. We're winning as CT but not dominating (like 6-3), and a guy on T quits. Vote starts, 8/10 vote yes, 2 others dont vote, game ends.

Total buzzkill, I just quit GO after that because I lost all interest

Clydefrog

so I usually just join a random community server but i decided to try matchmaking tonight. a teammate left halfway through our game, so we played with a bot on our team for a while. this is how it ended:

cqkEm.jpg

that. was. fun.

TheExodu5

Banned
Played some competitive last night. It was great. Two games and they were both played out completely. I still seem to be in placement matches...anxious to get a rating for the matchmaking to kick in.

feel

Played CSGO competitive today with friends for multiple hours, to my surprise matchmaking times are now very fast and I didn't run into any annoying things with votings suddenly ending games and whatnot, it's a fun experience again!

KingKong

I do see less people drop but my biggest issue is that defuse map matchmaking seems to be dust2 90% of the time and matchmaking by specific map takes forever

TheExodu5

Banned
I do see less people drop but my biggest issue is that defuse map matchmaking seems to be dust2 90% of the time and matchmaking by specific map takes forever

Chances are people are setting dust2 in their settings. Can't do much about that.

I really hope they add clan/league functionality down the road. Matchmaking is pretty damned good so far...scrims without the hassle of finding a pug in IRC. If they can expand upon that I can see this growing a lot.

snack

Haven't been able to find a competitive match to join... so frustrating...

I have defuse missions selected as criteria too. How can there be no games to join?!

TheExodu5

Banned
Haven't been able to find a competitive match to join... so frustrating...

I have defuse missions selected as criteria too. How can there be no games to join?!

I haven't had any problems. I find matches within 1 minutes, and they're all at 50 ping or less.

BTW, anyone know how many matches it takes before you get a ranking?

KingKong

I haven't had any problems. I find matches within 1 minutes, and they're all at 50 ping or less.

BTW, anyone know how many matches it takes before you get a ranking?

I think you already have a ranking but they'll reveal it once you win 10 games

Also, I know when I took Friday off and tried to find games around this time, it was giving me like 7+ minute queues, so maybe there's just not a lot of people playing in America during the day

TheExodu5

Banned
They really just need to make the game fully feature complete and make an advertising push for it (perhaps host an International style tournament) once it's ready. They need to bring 1.6/Source players over.

Matchmaking gets us part of the way there. Now it needs proper e-sport support. It essentially needs what Dota 2 already has: live spectating, commentating, tournaments. It also needs clan support, as well as a league system. They can turn this into a fantastic product if they support it properly.

They really just need to make the game fully feature complete and make an advertising push for it (perhaps host an International style tournament) once it's ready. They need to bring 1.6/Source players over.

Matchmaking gets us part of the way there. Now it needs proper e-sport support. It essentially needs what Dota 2 already has: live spectating, commentating, tournaments. It also needs clan support, as well as a league system. They can turn this into a fantastic product if they support it properly.

It's been rumored that Valve will be doing a $1.6 million event at the next International: http://greatfrag.com/newscs/1329-the-international-for-csgo.html

And they've said that everything from Dota 2's e-Sport support will be added.

feel

I wish CSGO had an integrated way of letting you save replays. I'm usually a bad player but sometimes I pull off amazing plays out of my ass and I would like to rewatch them over and over again. And hopefully not something like TF2, that as far as I know forces you to render and save huge video files on your computer, but instead more like Halo where it just saves a 20kb script of what happened and let's the engine recreate it in front of you with full camera flexibility.

Makoto

I wish CSGO had an integrated way of letting you save replays. I'm usually a bad player but sometimes I pull off amazing plays out of my ass and I would like to rewatch them over and over again. And hopefully not something like TF2, that as far as I know forces you to render and save huge video files on your computer, but instead more like Halo where it just saves a 20kb script of what happened and let's the engine recreate it in front of you with full camera flexibility.
I'm actually very surprised Valve hasn't done this yet. Or better yet, I'm almost surprised they weren't the ones to pioneer it.

TheExodu5

Banned

I haven't tried it in GO...but every Half-Life 1 and Source games I've played you could record demos.

Open the console -> type record "name of demo"

To playback open the console -> type playdemo "name of demo"

edit: just tested...works.

I'm actually very surprised Valve hasn't done this yet. Or better yet, I'm almost surprised they weren't the ones to pioneer it.

I've been doing it since TFC back in...1998? I'm sure the functionality was around before that as well.

I've owned the 360 version since launch but never really got around to playing anything other than arms race until now. I think I'm falling in love, haven't had this much fun since my SOCOM days...

TheExodu5

Banned
I'll probably play a few competitive matches tonight (somewhere around 7PM-11PM EST) if someone is interested in joining up. If you're new to competitive CS I have no problems helping you along, but you must be willing to listen and communicate. A mic is mandatory. :)

lastflowers is my steam name. I'll probably be on starting around 6-7 best coast time most days and play competitive with a RL buddy of mine. Add me on steam, and I'd be down to play some competitive anytime.

That's reaching the latter portion of the time you'll be on, but maybe a scrim or two is possible

and of course we both have mics.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Damn, I finally got to try out Competitive Classic with 2 friends and I'm really impressed with the groundwork that has been done on it. It just need a couple layers of polish and it could be the perfect competitive FPS set up that everyone else should follow. I was really impressed with how quickly we got matched and how low all the pings were while the opponents did seem to be at the same skill level.

The Nvidia drivers I'm on seem to make the game a bit unstable, but the match reconnect feature worked incredibly well the couple times I crashed.

Dust looked great and I thought the visuals read very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom