• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Anything but classic comp is going to put you in a bot game, and on classic comp you need to do dust2 or defuse to join a game in a reasonable amount of time

KingKong

Btw, first time I played since the patch. The UI improvements are very good, the scoreboard is much better and having it display your damage received/given on kill screen is good. Molotov is a lot less annoying

Crouch change I don't get though, it's just awkward and it wasn't needed at all. Just makes the game feel less responsive

Sblargh

Banned
Man, I have been playing this a lot more than my multiplayer-hating self thought I would. Also, of all the games that I am forced to play with the brazillian community, this one is by far the best. People are so laid back and funny and just making jokes here and there. I imagine everyone who plays this game is on pot.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
So I've been watching Dreamhack off and on for the past few days...how many times is Mr. Announcer Voice Guy going to say "expecially"?

KingKong

yea NiP is just too good right now, but they're basically a 1.6 all star team and were one of the first to switch over, so hopefully next year the competition will tighten up (especially if NaVi start playing GO for real)

DE3159363650EB011D877A118764D30C12726A14

feel

Getting Dust II 90% of the time in the Defuse competitive playlist lately. What is up with that? I like the map but it gets boring playing it over and over, and forcing matchmaking to put me in other maps leads to a long wait time.

Clydefrog

Nuke is the hardest map to play competitive matchmaking IMO. It's such a crap version of the map that it becomes so difficult for Terrorists.

feel

Release Notes for 12/3/2012

[ MISC ]

- In addition to TKing, you can now be kicked/banned in two different ways for team hurting:
- For doing an unusual amount of damage in a short amount of time.
- For doing an excessive amount of team damage over the course of the match.

- Partial inferno extinguishing now properly puts out flamelets.
- Molly/Inc Grenade fire now goes out slightly faster when extinguished and updated the overall effects a bit.
- Fixed an edge case where the alerts panel would show on round start for a frame.
- Changed default tv_delay to 10s.
- Changed default tv_delaymapchange to 1. This postpones the post-match level change by the tv_delay amount to ensure that the broadcast to GOTV clients is complete. NOTE: Manually quitting the server or changing the level while the broadcast is still ongoing will kill the feed to all GOTV relays and GOTV clients and your spectators will miss the end of the match. It's best to let the system's timer run out on its own or wait for as many seconds as you have tv_delay set for.
- Replaced hard-coded 'E' observer use command with '+use'
- Tweaked autodirector based on feedback.
- Added item purchases to server log.
- Decoy grenade changes
- Reduced price to $50.
- Reduced fire rate and extended life span to make it less identifiable as a decoy.
- Physically looks more like a flashbang to allow fakes.

- Fixed assists displaying the assister's name twice in the server log.
- Reduced default value of sv_clockcorrection_msecs to 30 and whitelisted the convar (thanks J3di)
- Reorganized net_graph options:
- 0: off
- 1: Competitively allowable data.
- 2: Additional In/Out data.
- 3: Additional real-time graphing.
- Added net_graph to convars restricted by sv_competitive_minspec ( allowable values are 0 and 1 )
- Valve can now assign official violations cooldown to accounts
- Added a game server convar sv_kick_players_with_cooldown (default=1)
- 0: allow all players to play on game server
- 1: kick players with official assigned violation
- 2: kick players with any competitive cooldown
http://store.steampowered.com/news/9498/

snack

Looking for steam friends for competitive matches. I'm on the west coast.

Add me up:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/japanator

aganu

Can someone please explain to me how the radar works? When do I show up to the enemy and when do I not? What are those red question marks that appear occasionally?

Also, can a nearby enemy hear the sound I make when reloading a gun?

Cheers.

feel

Can someone please explain to me how the radar works? When do I show up to the enemy and when do I not? What are those red question marks that appear occasionally?

Also, can a nearby enemy hear the sound I make when reloading a gun?

Cheers.
You show up on every enemy's radar as a red dot when one of them is looking at you. The red question mark appears on your last known location when you break line of sight. Firing your gun doesn't put you on the enemy radar (this can be confusing for people coming from cod).

If you're close enough you can hear enemies reloading their guns, switching between them, picking up items from the floor, etc.

snack

New update:

Release Notes for 12/6/2012

[ MISC ]

* Added support for using '?' instead of ':' in the 'connect' concommand so we can create URL links that connect to GOTV.
* Fixed case where walking on stairs generated footsteps on the client but not on the server.
* Fixed damage taken console report not reporting damage taken.
* The spectator UI player bars and the ammo panel will now show individual player kills for the round.
* In the buy menu, FIREPOWER now reflects raw weapon DAMAGE.
* The value for the 'rate' convar is no longer read from Steam registry settings.
* Fixed buy menu showing the wrong values for weapon armor penetration.
* Kick/bans for tk'ing and team damaging are now controlled by mp_autokick.
* Fixed part of the headshot particle effect drawing through walls.
* Fixed radar and overview showing enemy icons for decoys indefinitely.
* Number of GOTV viewers is now correctly calculated and networked through the chain of GOTV relays.
* Fixed hearing a headshot sound when an enemy is burning from your molly/incgren fire.

CTE

Was really hoping to like this more. Given it about 8 hours so far. Just not clicking like Source did. Just doesn't feel right.

Oh well. I'll give another 3 or 4 hours before I uninstall it. Maybe I'll change my mind. Had a good day playing, so it's not like I'm not doing decent. Just no urge to continue to play like "one more round" type thing.

alf717

Was really hoping to like this more. Given it about 8 hours so far. Just not clicking like Source did. Just doesn't feel right.

Oh well. I'll give another 3 or 4 hours before I uninstall it. Maybe I'll change my mind. Had a good day playing, so it's not like I'm not doing decent. Just no urge to continue to play like "one more round" type thing.

I tried it since the recent update. The only issue I still have is adjusting my eye to the new models. The seem to blend in CT's and T's. Guess I just need more time.

feel

Valve needs to fix this damn csgo.exe already ffs. Nothing worse than getting a crash to desktop in a critical moment during a defensive set up or a rush where your team is counting on you.

snack

Just had my first crash after this latest update.

Everyone on the server had the crash too. Can't be a coincidence.

snack

Question...

How do pros who use really low sensitivity turn around so quick? Do they just use huge ass mouse pads or do they bind scripts to their mice buttons to move for them?

TheExodu5

Banned
Question...

How do pros who use really low sensitivity turn around so quick? Do they just use huge ass mouse pads or do they bind scripts to their mice buttons to move for them?

Big-ish mousepads.

My mousepad is 13 inches wide and a full swipe across it is 360 degrees exactly. You could bring that all the way down to almost 180 degrees, though that leaves very little room for error if you want to get to them in one swipe.

Madouu

Slightly Off Topic, CSPromod just released a new beta client last Sunday (1.09). I started it up, played a bit and was able to bunny hop right away even though it has been so long since I played 1.6. It made me realize how much I miss how that game controlled, I don't know how to explain but it just felt right. Sadly I don't see Promod ever taking off.

Back to playing GO I guess ...

feel

Playing CSGO Competitive playlist almost every day, it's sooooo good. So refreshing to have a skill based competitive game like this with modern UI and matchmaking features in this day and age where everything is a bunch of unbalanced carrot on a stick crap. I hope Valve keep supporting it and improving it for a long time.

Threi

notag
I would play competitive more if every match wasn't: barely lose a pistol round > someone ragequits > replaced by a useless bot > game becomes even more lopsided > someone else ragequits > game is no fun for anyone and if the round manages to end everyone leaves.

Also having an issue with people eager to vote kick players because they would rather take their time and listen for people instead of rushing in and getting killed so they can play again. Where is the patience?

^ actually happens to you? I have seen VERY few people ragequit, and I play on average 2-3 matches a day. It happened a lot the first week matchmaking was out, but very very rarely now.

JeTmAn81

Looks like the PSN version of CS:GO is going to be $7.49 for PS+ subscribers. Anybody tried it on that platform, with mouse and keyboard? Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom