• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people I've seen don't even try to hide it. One guy I played against last night was blatantly running and shooting heads.

Sometimes a guy on the other team is hacking so one of the random players on my team decides to turn on his aimbot to make it 'even'.

Most of the people I play against are master guardian or higher.

Clydefrog

Many people I've seen don't even try to hide it. One guy I played against last night was blatantly running and shooting heads.

Sometimes a guy on the other team is hacking so one of the random players on my team decides to turn on his aimbot to make it 'even'.

Most of the people I play against are master guardian or higher.

ugh. why does it have to be so easy :(

I think I was a bit hard on the game initially. I bought it a few days ago and it's great to just have a more visually enhanced counter strike. Some nice additions to the classic maps as well. Looks great downsampled.

Another Update

* Deagle: increased effective range.
* P250: reduced effective range.
* Glock: increased recoil on burst.
* Added a community dedicated server convar "sv_workshop_allow_other_maps". When this option is enabled and the server is idling empty, it will allow players to reserve it on another workshop map. Server will then download the other workshop map and let players play it, after the map ends the players will mapcycle into workshop collection hosted by the server.
* Added a game setting 'Max Acceptable Matchmaking Ping' to allow users in geographic locations far from official datacenters to find games via matchmaking without using developer's console.
* Servers starting to host a workshop collection will no longer show up as running de_dust.
* Added convar mp_death_drop_c4 that determines whether C4 is droppable.
* Fixed not being able to drop C4 in Demolition mode.
* Added display of public joinable games in maps workshop browser.
* Fixed dead players getting a network update that showed their dead icon position at the position of the player they jumped to spectate right after dying
* Fixed mapcycle problems when the server was playing a map outside of active mapgroup or collection.
* Workshop maps no longer show "workshop" prefix on master server and official maps show "official" instead of map id when played as part of hosted workshop collection.
* Fixed the post processing effects (like blur) persisting through a level change to the new map if the new map does not contain a postprocess_controller entity.
* Fixed some sv convars so they can be executed via map cfg files
* Fixed the regular radar images not showing on the loading screen for workshop/custom maps
* Fixed an interpolation exploit with bogus update rates.
* Fixed a regression where old protobuf demo files failed to play. All protobuf demos should be playable again.
* Maps that are newly subscribed are now highlighted as NEW in the UI.

ksan

Shit, I missed the first map of verygames vs na'vi. 11 OTs????
But this tourney is really making want to start watching more CS again, would love a NiP vs. Na'Vi finals.

KingKong

NiP took first map 16:13 but Anexis has a very nice comeback and they were great on inferno in the semi-finals so who knows, I'm really impressed by them either way

Clydefrog

I'm now also starting to see more and more cheaters :( maybe they kids are just being more blatant about it, I dunno... but damn there's a good aimbot cheat out there lol

Grinchy

Banned
I'm now also starting to see more and more cheaters :( maybe they kids are just being more blatant about it, I dunno... but damn there's a good aimbot cheat out there lol

Are you seeing that a lot in competitive or casual? That would be so annoying to find cheaters in competitive.

On a side note, I love this game. I have zero time to play anything these days, and somehow I've managed to rack up 12.5 hours on this one in the past couple weeks. I'm not usually so busy, but lately, 12.5 hours in 2 weeks is insane. I just keep coming back to this one almost every day.

Timurid

I played one game on Dust2 and some kid was just running around with a Famas and headshotting people. He turns the corner bam. It was ridiculous and he was bragging about his hacks for the whole match.

I hope steam gets rid of these dumb fucks.

I played one game on Dust2 and some kid was just running around with a Famas and headshotting people. He turns the corner bam. It was ridiculous and he was bragging about his hacks for the whole match.

They will. Then the poor kid will complain when he's banned.

Clydefrog

yeah this is what it was like for me except the guy was using an AK. I actually killed him once though and was like YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Since starting to play again(1.6) getting into a good non modded server I have been spending about 90% of my "gameplay" time in spec mode watching better players do stuff.

It's really frustrating and drives me to gun game and deathmatch servers but the thought of being one of those guys makes the so much more addictive.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Is anyone else having a problem with mics sounding like nothing but static and drowning out all game volume? It's fine if one person talks, but otherwise it's so distracting that I can't play the game.

Some fantastic strategy videos just went up.

ESEA
Seeing something like this makes you appreciate the game on a whole other level. I really need to start using nades more.

Hatton

Another fantastic one.

Clydefrog

I was parkouring around cs_assault because the team was terrible and I ended up on a road sign to Clyde Hill.

FLmC1lm.jpg

Clydefrog

Uh-oh, I think I'm playing too much. I had a dream last night where I was playing Nuke. I, of course, killed everyone except for one guy who was using some invincible hack.

Uh-oh, I think I'm playing too much. I had a dream last night where I was playing Nuke. I, of course, killed everyone except for one guy who was using some invincible hack.

better than the Lumines dreams I used to get.

I'm struggling to do all the computations in my head that goes around that game. Where each block is, the music, the time-bar, making up new blocks that are upcoming, placing each block down.

It's a nightmare. I wake up and still try to play for a second before realizing I'm an idiot.

jdavid459

Anyone have any server reccommendations? Looking for something fun/not too competitive with some add-ons maybe...sound packs (I like quake sounds n funny stuff ...lol), mostly official maps but also some custom ones...

Most games I have a go-to server, haven't found one for CS GO yet..

Thanks

Cool. This is the one popular FPS series that has evaded me from Valve, but I figured everybody playing Source must be godlike by now. This seems like a nice jumping on point

aganu

Cool. This is the one popular FPS series that has evaded me from Valve, but I figured everybody playing Source must be godlike by now. This seems like a nice jumping on point
A lot of the people who play casual/demolition/arms race/dm modes are new comers to the franchise, I can tell that from their play style. As said, as long as you stay away from competitive in the beginning you'll be fine. You can try competitive once you get the hangs of things but that won't happen quickly, at least for me. The game has a steep learning curve and is very skill-based but loads of fun at the same time. The better you'll get the more you'll enjoy it. I absolutely love it and it's my first cs game.

Why should you stay away from competitive when you're a beginner? That's what the matchmaking is for right? To make sure that even if you're green as grass you'll still have a (statistically) evenly matched game

ksan

I wonder how the match making in competitive works, does top fragging and shit help you get higher skill even if you lose?

Grinchy

Banned
Why should you stay away from competitive when you're a beginner? That's what the matchmaking is for right? To make sure that even if you're green as grass you'll still have a (statistically) evenly matched game

I meant more because he's going to be stuck in a game for its entirety and he will be up against people who will whoop his ass over and over again. There's nothing less fun than watching an hour-long round play out while you're dead.

I mean let's be real. A newcomer to Counterstrike is not going to do well in Competitive even if the matchmaking looks for lower ranked players (I don't even know if it actually does this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom