• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

^ actually happens to you? I have seen VERY few people ragequit, and I play on average 2-3 matches a day. It happened a lot the first week matchmaking was out, but very very rarely now.
Yeah almost everyone has quit before by now so they're on the verge of getting slapped with a lenghty ban now for repeat offense so they rarely ragequit. I just assume it's technical difficulties or real life emergency when someone leaves.

edit-

Unrelated:

Had this very rare game earlier where the 4 guys on my team were just slightly above average players but were all super kind and into teamwork despite being all strangers. The opposition were better individually so that victory felt great.

aganu

Turned down my mouse sensitivity to 4 and it helped a lot. The more I play this game, the more I like it and the better I become at it.

Also, the reloading animations/sound effects are so satisfying! :D

z0llnz.jpg

Looks like the PSN version of CS:GO is going to be $7.49 for PS+ subscribers. Anybody tried it on that platform, with mouse and keyboard? Any good?

Probably worth seven-fifty.
Community probably isn't that large; the one on Xbox isn't.
Do note that CSGO on consoles hasn't received a single update since the game released in mid August. Unlike the PC version, which has had constant updates.

Absolutely get the PC version if you can.
Console version only got 30 frames per second (stuttering on some maps/gametypes), complaints about the feel of its controls, input lag, and movement feeling...and some bugs (menu options not saving, bot pathfinding issues, more.)

I own both console version, but mostly played the Xbox version.
Imo, the PS3 version's kbam controls didn't feel right either.

Grinchy

Banned
Imo, the PS3 version's kbam controls didn't feel right either.

I remember playing UT3 on PS3 with kb/m. It was very awkward and not exactly like it should have been if it were a PC game. I think you have to change the "pointer settings" in the XMB to Slow and that helps a lot.

But yeah, if anyone has the ability to get this on PC, I would do so.

I was going to say the updates for pc haven't been that significant but there has been some changes. The new maps added were just not worth the hassle.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Holy shit:

[ MAJOR CHANGES ]
- A new game mode has been added to matchmaking and offline play: Deathmatch.
- Weapon balance and recoil were adjusted with pro community input ( Thanks to J3Di, NiP, VeryGames, ESC, 4NOT, mTw, and FM TOXiC )
- In addition to global changes that affect all weapons, specific adjustments have been made to: rifles, pistols, and the P90.
- Weapon purchasing changes:
- The AWP's kill reward was increased from $50 to $100.
- The Glock is now a Terrorist only weapon.
- The FiveseveN is now a CT only weapon.
- The Terrorists' molotov price has been reduced to $500. The CT's incendiary grenade remains $850.
- Note that the pistol arrangement has changed in the buymenu.

- The messaging system has been converted to protobuf.
- Demos recorded with previous versions of CS:GO will not be compatible as of this update. In order to view old demos, set your 'beta' to 'demo_viewer' in the CS:GO betas property panel, in Steam. Don't forget to set it back to 'NONE' when you want to play online again.
- If you are running SourceMod on your server, you will need to update to the latest version. For details, see: http://www.sourcemod.net/index.php

[ MINOR CHANGES ]
- Added some performance improvements for low-end clients.
- Fixed some fence materials that were allowing players to see through smoke grenades.
- GOTV spectator UI will now correctly show kevlar and helmet information for players.
- Avatars will now correctly load for all players when connected to a GOTV server or when watching a demo.
- Added support to notify players during servers maintenance downtime.
- Fixed a dedicated server exploit where community dedicated servers could masquerade as official and get players searching for official game modes connected to them (saigns.de)
- Fixed a rare problem when clients matchmaking for Classic Competitive game could be stuck on green Accept screen
- Fixed a rare problem when clients could connect to a Classic Competitive game and then later be disconnected for failing to accept the match.
- Improved algorithm pinging whitelisted dedicated servers when searching for Classic Competitive games, pinging less addresses fixes occasional problems for some customers where address translation tables on their routers would fill up and their routers would fail to route required packets to display the green Accept screen.
- Added support for mm_dedicated_search_maxping to restrict client's ping when matchmaking for Classic Competitive games. ( Matchmaking algorithm will still be prioritizing best servers to minimize ping of all party members. )
- Fixed a rare server crash when bots attempted to shoot the bomb defuser.
- Fixed a client crash when downloading a lot of custom assets from community servers.

[ NOTES TO MAPMAKERS ]
- DEATHMATCH:
- Deathmatch uses the nav mesh to create spawn points. Make sure that your nav is contained within the bounds of your map to ensure that players aren't spawned outside of it. Use map_showspawnpoints to see where spawn points were generated.
- If you want to use mapper-placed spawnpoints instead of the randomly generated ones, place an info_map_parameters in your map and set usenormalspawnsfordm ("Use Normal Spawns in Deathmatch?) to true.
- WORKSHOP:
- We're launching the private beta for workshop maps. If you're a map maker, mail csgo_sdk@list.valvesoftware.com with the subject "Map Workshop Beta" and your steam id in the content, with a link to maps shipped ( or maps in progress ) suitable for the Workshop.

- Please use the CSGO SDK list for discussions about Deathmatch and Workshop.

Thanks.

Sounds so hot.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DM is good stuff. I played about 10 rounds before taking a proper break. It's been a month or so since I last booted the game up but I like the tweaks to the menu.

Clydefrog

changes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...YzNHSUNQeDhFalE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

It seems like they mostly rebalanced pistols and smgs, will definitely have to try the five seven and see what the glock/p2000 are like, but deagle is definitely way too strong now

p90 was made more innacurate which is fair, and tec9 seems to be more accurate but weaker

wow, thanks for the spreadsheet. great link!

I haven't played since the update yet but according to that spreadsheet the glock is now stronger than the starting CT pistol. That doesn’t seem right. I like how they fixed shooting while on a ladder with most weapons. I wonder what lowering RecoilMagnitudeVariance means… maybe less crazy random recoil? The deagle definitely seems OP and it sucks that the tec9 is now $200 more :(

Kerub

Banned
Impressions on the patch? Deathmatch seems like a fun warm-up mode, I'm going to start playing this again as soon as I fix my PC.

Clydefrog

Impressions on the patch? Deathmatch seems like a fun warm-up mode, I'm going to start playing this again as soon as I fix my PC.

Haven't tried deathmatch yet but the deagle is now a joke gun. It's so overpowered. I actually prefer it long range to an AK now :lol

Played a bit of deathmatch last night. Good way to relax and unwind or even to warm up. Glad they implemented it. Happy to see them continuing to support it fairly well. I just wish the player base would grow some more.

Did they add a suppressor to the M4 and USP yet? Waiting on that before I will play.

What a stupid reason to not play the game.

*wonders whether the server listed in the OP ever gets players cause he doesn't notice any*

Man, I wish I could play this with you guys. What if time zones are getting in the way?

panty

I know this is not a CS1.6 thread but at least this is active.. I have a problem and it's driving me insane.

I just switched my gpu from HD6950->HD7950 (latest drivers too) and now when I'm playing my game sounds just disappear after 5-10 mins. I have my volume set to 0.4 and after it's gone if I turn it to for example 4.0 I hear a little and normally 4.0 is fucking loud.

If I alt+tab to desktop and back the sounds are back.

This is driving me nuts. Any 1.6 experts here? FML.

Threi

notag
yeah deagle kills are extremely unrewarding. When i get the two (or one) shot kills from midrange its just awful.

The one thing CS GO really had over the older versions is better gun variety. Why would they want to kill that?

yeah deagle kills are extremely unrewarding. When i get the two (or one) shot kills from midrange its just awful.

The one thing CS GO really had over the older versions is better gun variety. Why would they want to kill that?
I'm sure that will be patched soon. Seems like a universal complaint from all players.

Well since I don't have a gaming PC yet I decided to get back into 1.6 for the time being. What a great game. Hoping GO keeps going strong for when I have the funds for a new rig.

Also anyone ever try Cs Manager? It's basically Football Manager but with Counter Strike Clans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom