• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link0080

Yay!

Release Notes for 1/30/2013

[ NOTABLE ]
- Nerfed the Deagle.
- Added a feature to spectate friends games via GOTV.
- DM immunity changes:
-default immunity was raised to 10s
-moving cancels immunity

[ MISC ]
- Fixed dedicated server memory leak.
- Reserved server with connected GOTV spectators will hold reservation after all players disconnected for at least TV delay time to allow spectators to watch the match to the end.
- Added convar sv_hibernate_punt_tv_clients to also punt lingering TV spectators after all players disconnected and at least TV delay time elapsed.
tv_snapshotrate will now correctly adjust client-side rates automatically for smooth spectating experience.
- Added convar tv_relayradio, 0 = off, 1 = relay team radio commands to GOTV (default value = 0).
- Added convar tv_relaytextchat, 0 = off, 1 = relay "say" chat only, 2 = relay "say" and "say_team" chat to GOTV (default value = 1).
- Team kills and team damage is now preserved for players in competitive games across disconnects and reconnects.
- Fixed a regression in naming of tv_autorecord demo files.

KingKong

NiP... are those the Scandanavians?

I never watched a pro match. Is it like BOOM HEADSHOT every single time?

Well, theyre all very good at aiming so its all about positioning and strategy more than just kills

really the biggest difference between pro matches and good matchmaking (besides aim and general skill) is in matchmaking its just '3 a, 2b and wait for 4+ ts to push A or B and rotate' every round and in matches each round plays out really differently

Refyref

The game just got updated. No patch notes yet, but the Workshop is live.
In the Workshop, there is also a test for a new official mode called "Control".
And the game is also 50% off as a weekend deal.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Control seems to be king of the hill.

Patch notes:

Release Notes for 2/7/2013

[NOTABLE]

-Added the CS:GO Maps Workshop.
-Maps Workshop tab now available in client Map Browser
-Maps Workshop FAQ: http://blog.counter-strike.net/workshop/faq.php
-Workshop url: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=730
-Server Operators details: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/CSGO_Workshop_For_Server_Operators
-Upload tool for Map Makers: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/CSGO_Map_Publish_Tool
-Information about custom game rules: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/CSGO_Custom_Game_Mode

-Added cs_assault to Classic map group.

KingKong

meh, assault is so overrated. Come on Valve, add good competitive maps!

So Control and Rooftop Control are different modes. Time to test them out!

Seems like those are just examples of modes that they made up but people can create whatever they want

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
meh, assault is so overrated. Come on Valve, add good competitive maps!

I'm sure more will come. It seems like since they took over development going forwards that they are trying to bring it up to speed with Dota 2 (only with maps instead of characters). I just wish my friends would pick the game up too already.

Rooftop Control:
DESCRIPTION
As a Counter-Terrorist, use your sniper rifles to eliminate the Terrorists on the adjacent building before they can capture all of the points!

As a Terrorist, work together to capture all five points before the time runs out!

That sounds awesome.

Now I wanna see some DoD map remakes for CP modes.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Assault is hilariously T-sided (Italy is still the worst offender, though).

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Italy is easy for CT too.

Smokes, flashes, coordination, and communication (aka good teamwork and common sense) can win that map. But all Ts need are a few AWPs in hostage house, and they can lock most of the map down.

Holy shit, everyone go download this Siege remake: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=125663769

The visuals are fucking gorgeous.

No shock there, 3DNJ is one of the mapmakers. He's the guy who made the maps Lakeside and Mountain Lab, which were officially added into TF2.

Uriah

Anyone have a problem with servers not appearing in the server browser? When I try to search I only get 5 results. Same thing happens with TF2 as well. Oddly enough my internet seems to disconnect as well.

Clydefrog

Nope, Uriah, everything's ok on my end.

I got accused of wallhacking last night. This guy was legit mad with me. Always good for a laugh!

Damn the wait to build a new pc is killing me. I bought the Counter Strike Total pack this weekend and have just been playing 1.6 since. Yes my PC is not capable of running source games. Soon though...soon.

Just got CSGO this past weekend. Haven't played CS since the HL2 days. I think I got my new crack. Just messing with the bots on Hard on different maps on Deathmatch to get a groove of the game again. Did a few online, and I did pretty okay. Just working on keeping my hand steady when I aim. Are there any good match vids for this game? I don't know where to begin...

Just got CSGO this past weekend. Haven't played CS since the HL2 days. I think I got my new crack. Just messing with the bots on Hard on different maps on Deathmatch to get a groove of the game again. Did a few online, and I did pretty okay. Just working on keeping my hand steady when I aim. Are there any good match vids for this game? I don't know where to begin...

http://www.twitch.tv/officialf0rest/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

http://www.twitch.tv/n0thingtv/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

Not sure if you're familiar with Twitch but it's people who record themselves playing games. First channel is f0rest, a pro on the world's best CS:GO team NiP. Second channel is n0thing, arguably one of the better players in NA. Check out their past broadcasts for past recordings of matches. n0thing streams live pretty often too.

feel

Fucking hell I've been stuck at home with an injured foot and have played like 20 or more hours of CSGO the past 4 days!

Assault is awesome in matchmaking, so intense trying to coordinate and fuck up as little as possible in your 15 rounds as defense.

Easily the best online game out there right now for me.

Martian

I bought the game in the sale this weekend, and man it's fun!

I thought I was going to be biased as fuck, but it kind of holds up against its older brothers.
The game itself does feel easier than 1.6 or CSS even. I hadn't played a cs game in half a year and I'm scoring headshots with the scout and deagle left and right.

It does kind of bother me the supressors aren't back. I never used them, but now there is no reason for me to buy the M4 anymore. I could just as wel go for Famas or any sub-machine gun.

Question: Is mp5 deliberately removed? Or did they just forgot? My favourite submachine gun and they remove it? WTF

The game has been out for 5 months but they still need to fix the annoying sound bugs and respawn bugs. Deagle is now useless, glock and P90 OP. Other than that I think the changes they made since release have been great.

Also, hackers are way too common in competitive matches.

Grinchy

Banned
A lot of new people must have bought the game recently because I'm fucking terrible and I've been owning lately.

I've also had some Assault rounds that have made me feel like the windows on the roof have turned it into a CT camping map moreso than a T camping map.

Clydefrog

I've also had some Assault rounds that have made me feel like the windows on the roof have turned it into a CT camping map moreso than a T camping map.

yeah those windows really help the CTs. i like it.

what's this about too many hackers in competitive? i haven't noticed it... unless they're good at hiding hacks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom