• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
Those are some pretty major changes. Reduced weapon fog through scopes is going to make the awp very powerful in certain areas.

I think 4 grenades is just too much. 2 flashbangs is okay, though.

lol At this reddit post;

[–]ahrzalGold Nova Master
Vote kick will record user's SteamID in the banlist and remove user from ongoing competitive match even if the user disconnected from game server before required number of votes have been collected.
Holy shit. That was specifically something that was complained about on this subreddit. Valve is not only listening, but they might be listening to us. (Although steam powered forums is definitely a possibility as well)

ido_valveValve employee
Actually, we listen to everyone but you.
EDIT: I proved myself wrong.

With all this going on about ESEA do you think valve could make a successful "Operation: Competition" series charging the same as Operation Payback for a competitive oriented one with 128 Tick servers and CE maps?

Could be the way to make CS F2P.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Been trying out the two flashes and improved Deagle. So good.

KingKong

With all this going on about ESEA do you think valve could make a successful "Operation: Competition" series charging the same as Operation Payback for a competitive oriented one with 128 Tick servers and CE maps?

Could be the way to make CS F2P.

I would pay for that for sure, better than 7 bucks a month for ESEA. They could even sell passes to join weekly/monthly tourneys as 5 man teams with some badge or skin as the prize

I would pay for that for sure, better than 7 bucks a month for ESEA. They could even sell passes to join weekly/monthly tourneys as 5 man teams with some badge or skin as the prize

Yeah, seems like it would be a good way to monetize the game. If Esea has showed anything is that competitive players will pay a lot for good competition.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not gonna pay an additional fee for something that should be default (128 tick) in the comp MM.

TheExodu5

Banned
4 nades isn't as big of an issue as I thought.

Anyways, made Master Guardian II tonight. I still feel like I'm terrible at this game compared to my younger days. My reflexes and attention aren't what they used to be. I wonder if I can ever get it back.

Clydefrog

I haven't had a chance to play since the update. How's the viability of the deagle now? Back to "useful" ? I was practicing mah deagle a few nights ago and the accuracy was the only big issue. Getting a headshot was so great because it was always 1 hit kill.

bs000

How does the team damage matchban work? I got an accidental awp headshot on my teammate, and way later in the match I shot a teammate in the leg and got a 30 minute ban. Is there some kind of damage threshold? Would be silly if a single shot to the head counts as 200+ damage.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
How does the team damage matchban work? I got an accidental awp headshot on my teammate, and way later in the match I shot a teammate in the leg and got a 30 minute ban. Is there some kind of damage threshold? Would be silly if a single shot to the head counts as 200+ damage.

An AWP shot to the head usually kills a teammate, which counts as your first teamkill. Three teamkills, or doing a massive amount of team damage, whichever comes first, will get you a cooldown.

You can always check how much damage you did in the console.

feel

Don't know if they're balanced or not, but those Payback maps are pretty cool to play in, they look awesome.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Don't know if they're balanced or not, but those Payback maps are pretty cool to play in, they look awesome.

First thing I did when I reinstalled on friday was hop into a server running the Motel map and I fell in love with the close quarters engagements. It's not balanced for shit, but I had a lot of fun.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah but the flashbangs have been toned down quite a bit...they're not that strong. Smokes are really the best grenades in the game.

Concept17

Yeah but the flashbangs have been toned down quite a bit...they're not that strong. Smokes are really the best grenades in the game.

Very true. I think what just bothers me are the people who just spam flashes. Teammates and opponents alike. Those who don't actually use them properly. Now there will be twice as much of that.

Defending long A is going to be hard again.

feel

Tried googling a little, and it seems as if it'll take 50 hours of playing Operation Payback to get the golden coin. Not happy about that. I really want the coin, but not really loving the maps or the mode. They really should add the maps to the classic competitive mode. That would make it a little more bearable. Being able to filter out everything but Seaside and Museum (haven't tried Library yet) would be lovely too.
Yikes, 50hours might be out of my reach too, I'm having fun on these maps but I can only stand Casual rules for so long. I wish it was 5v5, first to 16 wins and the rest of the "competitive" rules.

Library is INSANE, it's just a small room with a maze of book shelves you can shoot through. Bahahaha love it.

snack

Tried googling a little, and it seems as if it'll take 50 hours of playing Operation Payback to get the golden coin. Not happy about that. I really want the coin, but not really loving the maps or the mode. They really should add the maps to the classic competitive mode. That would make it a little more bearable. Being able to filter out everything but Seaside and Museum (haven't tried Library yet) would be lovely too.
The medals that show up on the score sheet are a limited time thing only right?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
The medals that show up on the score sheet are a limited time thing only right?

You'll almost certainly keep them permenantly on your main menu medal screen, but they will probably be replaced with the next Operation's medal on the scoreboard/your avatar.

TheExodu5

Banned
Any good single person POV match videos out there? I don't really care for watching GOTV recorded matches since the aim precision/resolution is a lot lower (if anyone understands what I mean by this).

beanman25

So, I bought this game on Steam and am really bad compared to some people I've matched up with. I've read tips and things, but am looking for the best server for a newer player. I'm not HORRIBLE, but certainly not an expert as this is my first foray into CS in general. (Minus a few matches of CS:GO on xbox)

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!!

TheExodu5

Banned
So, I bought this game on Steam and am really bad compared to some people I've matched up with. I've read tips and things, but am looking for the best server for a newer player. I'm not HORRIBLE, but certainly not an expert as this is my first foray into CS in general. (Minus a few matches of CS:GO on xbox)

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!!

I would assume that Classic Competitive should place you roughly where you should be after a few games. I'd suggest to stick with Dust 2 and Inferno and learn them well. You can add in Nuke and Train but they're a bit harder to play.

Learning the maps is a big thing. Learning the choke points and where enemies tend to be is key. Besides that, learn to burst fire properly, and when you do have to spray, learn to control it a bit. Stick to the AK47 and M4 most of the time. Also, I'd suggest learning useful smoke grenade spots...very important for Terrorist play.

Money.
dp4ZIQ0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom