• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
Aww yeah rank up.

jmgzHpIvmhAxe.png

Today was a good day, despite being beaten badly by a 200 ping Brazilian team.

TheExodu5

Banned
MAG-7 is still an absolute beast.

Still not sure about the SMGs. MP7 is solid but I wish it was 1600. UMP seems totally viable, though a bit difficult to control. Not sure about the Bizon.

What's everyone's mouse sensitivity like? I'm gravitating towards a pretty low sensitivity right now. A swipe across my 12.6" mousepad gives me 180 degrees in game. It can make it a tad difficult if I get caught with my pants down or in close range fights. I might up it a bit to 270 degrees or so, but I'll have to see how I adjust. As it stands my current sensitivity seems to be working great, so maybe I won't change a thing.

Uiki

MAG-7 is still an absolute beast.

Still not sure about the SMGs. MP7 is solid but I wish it was 1600. UMP seems totally viable, though a bit difficult to control. Not sure about the Bizon.

What's everyone's mouse sensitivity like? I'm gravitating towards a pretty low sensitivity right now. A swipe across my 12.6" mousepad gives me 180 degrees in game. It can make it a tad difficult if I get caught with my pants down or in close range fights. I might up it a bit to 270 degrees or so, but I'll have to see how I adjust. As it stands my current sensitivity seems to be working great, so maybe I won't change a thing.

I'm trying to lower my sensibility every 2-3 days..

Now i'm on 800 dpi, 2 in-game. (270 - 300 degrees)

A month ago I was at 2000 dpi and 2.5. Madness.

Thing is that I need a mouse for claw grips.. I'm using a excellent mouse but it's for palmers and I need to hold it wierd to "feel" confortable.

I was thinking of buying this http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/peripherals/Xornet/ but I don't know if it's any good.

bs000

Create an autoexec file an copy-past.

If you play on a 64 tick server (like matchmaking servers), the game will automatically set your cmdrate and updaterate to 64.

If you experience packet loss, set your cl_interp_ratio to 2.

Well shoot. I do like puppies.

I made an autoexec and finally got around to setting up some binds for buying guns too. Buying is so much faster now, whee.

Played a few games today after not touching it in months. I played terribly.

Also not many people seem to have gotten onboard with payback. Is it worth buying? I take it the levels are disabled come July 31st.

Uiki

Well shoot. I do like puppies.

I made an autoexec and finally got around to setting up some binds for buying guns too. Buying is so much faster now, whee.

I can't get the grenades to work >_<

I've used it as claw for years (mx518) and it's super comfortable.

Oh, thanx, good to know, i'll definitely check it out.

Also not many people seem to have gotten onboard with payback. Is it worth buying?

Only if you like classic casual and hostage.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Played a few games today after not touching it in months. I played terribly.

Also not many people seem to have gotten onboard with payback. Is it worth buying? I take it the levels are disabled come July 31st.

More often than not, the Payback servers I join are well-populated. I guess it depends on what region you're in?

Payback is worth it, IMO. It's a way to support community mappers while playing a group of maps that aren't Dust 2, Nuke, or Inferno. The only downside is there's no way to play these maps on Valve's matchmaking servers.

There are seven maps in the Operation, with three of them being de and the other four cs.

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't think Payback is worth it at all. There just aren't many people playing.

Only a few of the maps are decent. For some reason, people love playing the worst one, Thunder. The best map, Favela, is quite underplayed.

On a balance note...p90 really annoys me. Not because it's amazing at a pro level, but because it allows you to do so well even if you're awful at the game. It's way too forgiving.

Arucardo

Pfft, AK47/M4 or bust. If I can't afford those I'll just buy a P250 and take a weapon from my first kill. If you're not confident with the pistol just hang back at the start and let your teammates do some damage before you go in.

Also, the less you use other smg's or rifles the more consistent you'll be with the AK and M4. Granted the server I play on has some pretty scary regulars compared to what I've seen in matchmaking so far.

Had a surprisingly tight match at Nuke today with one pretty memorable round. Enemy team planted the bomb down in B and started spreading out. I basically managed to sneak past two guys (I saw them, but they didn't see me and I was way outgunned) then took out the one guy close to the bomb and defused it before they could run back. Chat exploded on that one lol. Looking forward to getting ranked just to see if I'll meet some more skilled players.

feel

Think I'm done with Payback, I enjoy the maps, but playing in a Casual playlist (or a community server), is just so boring and purposeless for me now after getting used to the Competitive playlist.

The making of dust 2.

Good read. fascinating just how much thought went into these maps. I wonder if Cs will ever get another map on that level.
Great read (also read de_dust1's), thanks.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who wants to get a much better competitive experience than Valve's Match Making should check out ESEA now. I'd say there are double the amount of people playing from this time last month, around 5,000 actively ranked and that's just for PUGS. The bitcoin fiasco seems to have been taken care of, and they are even reimbursing for people's hardware.

Find yourself a a scrim team or try and get a last minute spot on a team for S14. If you play a lot of CS, it's well worth it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who wants to get a much better competitive experience than Valve's Match Making should check out ESEA now. I'd say there are double the amount of people playing from this time last month, around 5,000 actively ranked and that's just for PUGS. The bitcoin fiasco seems to have been taken care of, and they are even reimbursing for people's hardware.

Find yourself a a scrim team or try and get a last minute spot on a team for S14. If you play a lot of CS, it's well worth it.

After what ESEA pulled, they've destroyed any sense of trust I could possibly have had in them.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?

You should really send that to Valve.

"Here, brother, you must pull the trigger as hard as you can."

"Like this?" *NOOBCANNONBOOM*

"Yes, brother. With this, you can take all the idiots down."

"Thank you, brother."

Uiki

Via csgo_servers:

MAPS
de_train: Fixed grenade collision bug, other minor bugs.

MISC
Added a convar sv_vote_allow_in_warmup defaulting to off and controlling whether votes are allowed during warmup.
Shooting through a nodraw surface now doesn't count as a gun penetration (you can always shoot through nodraw).
Consolidated Map Groups in Classic Casual and Demolition modes.

Rumor has it:
Invisible ladders were silently fixed

Mirage!
NOT

What do trading cards do? Just collectibles you can sell trade or is there some other purpose?

Collect a full series (5-8 cards depending on the game) You get to craft a badge that show's up on your profile. You also get a background for Steam profile(they are being redone) Here's mine for example. Emoticons for steam chat as well as coupons for random games or dlc. The backgrounds, emotes and coupons can be traded and sold on the market.

Clydefrog

Rank down. :( Single AK now. Feels badman.

When I first started competitive matchmaking, I got the badge (distinguished master guardian), then after like 20 matches I moved down to double AKs, and now after like 30 more matches I've been stuck at single AK. I swear... the more I play, the worse I get. I haven't led a comp match in forever; Hell, nowadays I only win a match like 40% of the time it seems.

I don't get it! I get way better and consistent scores in the competitive pub I regularly play at. Maybe I don't do well under the pressure of competitive matchmaking? Maybe I don't play well when people tell me where to go and how to play? :(

Grinchy

Banned
I haven't played much of this game in general for a while, but I always get worse the more I play too. I think I play by reflex and intuition at first, and then after that I think too much and ruin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom