• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Flash fake with pistol was badass, and at that skill level of play, wow.

I've done the pistol toss around corners when I'm on a tense 1v1 situation with everyone watching, that split second you distract the other guy can be vital. Sometime I toss my main weapon and step out shooting with my pistol if I'm feeling very confident.

I think it's Autoexec.cfg, located here: SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg
Thanks alot!

KingKong

looks like an update is happening soon, CS:GO and server were updated: http://steamdb.info/app/730/#section_history

hoping for something big, it's been 3 weeks since the last update and that was just minor bug fixes

e: thanks reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...mmunity_support_pass_is_still_coming_list_of/

pool day? lol weird, also I dont see any CPL maps on there. That's a LOT of hostage maps, wtf you doing Valve. Yeah this is weird, out of 8 maps its 4 hostage, 2 demo/arms race, and 2 defuse

I've been playing this for a little while, but don't really know a lot about best practices or whatever for how I should be playing. Any particular tips aside from "aim at them and click?" Also, is there anything I should do to the game itself to set it up better?

I've been playing this for a little while, but don't really know a lot about best practices or whatever for how I should be playing. Any particular tips aside from "aim at them and click?" Also, is there anything I should do to the game itself to set it up better?

Good place to start.

After that just watch the pros play. GoESEA, NiPGamingOfficial, TheWarOwl, HattonGames are all great channels to follow.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I've wanted to play Favela and Museum with comp settings since I first saw those maps. Seaside looks cool, too.

Clydefrog

The server I play at (CaliforniaCS) recently added some custom maps to their rotation:

cbble, piranesi, favela, sultan2, and some others I can't quite remember

it's really fun :)

Grinchy

Banned
For anyone who played CS on Xbox back in the day, Miami has been remade for GO and is in the workshop. I haven't actually checked it out but I remember liking that map.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
For anyone who played CS on Xbox back in the day, Miami has been remade for GO and is in the workshop. I haven't actually checked it out but I remember liking that map.

The one map that never made it to the PC version of CS, oddly enough.

So here is what all this stuff looks like. Are the coins gonna be collectibles or something that you can show off? Is this their form of monitizing for F2P or is it just a way for modders to get some money?
Operation Payback Pass (Community Season One Spring 2013)
community_support_pass_large.d1cfbac8be9e92127893ff2054647b73c76c35b3.png
Grants access to Operation Payback's featured community maps on Offical Servers. Proceeds are divided among the featured map creators!

Operation Payback Challenge Coin
Participated in Operation Payback to support community map makers.

Silver Operation Payback Challenge Coin
Participated in Operation Payback for 10 hours to support community map makers.

Gold Operation Payback Challenge Coin
Participated in Operation Payback for 50 hours to support community map makers.

Map Token Museum
Map Token Downtown
Map Token Thunder
Map Token Favela
Map Token Motel
Map Token Seaside
Map Token Library
Map Token Pool Day

I am thinking that it's going free to play tonight. Valve has already put up the weekend deals and they are starting to put up new releases, which they normally do not do this early in the morning. So I am thinking that they are planning something for later on today.

KingKong

I am thinking that it's going free to play tonight. Valve has already put up the weekend deals and they are starting to put up new releases, which they normally do not do this early in the morning. So I am thinking that they are planning something for later on today.

eh idk, there might not be enough items/incentives to go f2p yet, this might just be the first step

also I can feel it coming! store.counter-strike.net

Uiki

the update is live for dev pre-release. How long does it usually takes to go live for everyone?

Don't know about f2p yet, they can't build a tf2-like economy based only on that spring pass.

the update is live for dev pre-release. How long does it usually takes to go live for everyone?

Don't know about f2p yet, they can't build a tf2-like economy based only on that spring pass.
Updates tend to be on Thursdays. I can see them go free to play only cause they want that huge population increase. Better for them in the long run. I'd be real curious to see what kind of numbers it would put up.

fRoD the 1.6 legend is coming to CS.GO

In a forum thread on ESEA's website, the 2005 ESWC champion said he "has been playing for a few weeks now" and will take part in the next season of ESEA Invite, which will kick off on May 12th.

He made no mention of which team he will be playing for, but with Jordan "n0thing" Gilbert and Braxton "swag" Pierce on the market following Dynamic's disbandment, chances are that the trio could be playing together.

Oh man can North America finally have a competitive team?

KingKong

man they're taking their sweet time huh

btw dota2 announced the international 3, is it crazy to think that CS:GO could be at that event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom