• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uiki

Release notes April 25, 2013
- Shipping “Operation” Payback”
- “Operation Payback, “ is a Classic Casual map group made up of seven top-rated Workshop maps on official servers.
- Allowed players to invite friends to play “OP” even if they haven’t purchased
- Added upgradeable challenge coin, viewable in avatar, that progresses from bronze to silver to gold with play
- Radar changes:
- Spectators' radar was replaced with a minimap, allowing for better orientation and action-following without resorting to the overview.
- When playing competitive or with sv_competitive_official_5v5 set, the minimap will show player hotkey values like the overview map does.
- Added convar cl_radar_always_centered ( default 1 ) then when set to 0 makes more efficient use of the radar at the expense of moving the POV away from the center.
- Added 2 options to the radar, allowing players to change the scale and orientation. These are exposed in the Game Settings menu, or directly with the cl_radar_scale ( default 0.7 ) and cl_radar_rotate ( default 1 ) convars, respectively.
- Added convar cl_radar_icon_scale_min ( default 0.6 ) that allows radar icons to be kept large when the scale is reduced.
- Moved the planted bomb icon from below the radar to the timer.
- Fixed radar showing above or below on a player when spectating them from chase.
- CS:GO Player Profile:
- All players can now view other players medals/coins on the in-game Player Profile page.
- Friends can now view your wins and Skill Group on your in-game Player Profile page.
- You can now view a Player's Profile page by hitting Z (the Command Radio Message key) when spectating that player.
- Added a shortcut to view a friend's CS:GO Player Profile page from the main menu friends list.
- Added "Disable Autogenerated DM Spawns?" to info_map_parameters entity that allows mapper to specify that no dm spawns should be autogenerated and will be mapper-placed instead.
- Added more options for map filtering in server browser:
- The default map filter now performs substring matching. (dust will find de_dust2_se, cs_dustyhouse, workshop or fastdl versions of maps, etc.)
- A single slash will search for a prefix in the base map name. (/cs will search for all hostage rescue maps)
- An asterisk will search for a map name suffix. (*_se will search for any map ending in "_se")
- A double slash will search for an exact map name prefix. (///125488374/ will search for the official workshop de_dust2_se. ///official will search for all official workshop non-se maps)
- Added support for official cs_militia map workshop id 133256570 to be played as part of dedicated servers workshop collection mapcycle.

I hope they fixed the bug that got me a 7 day ban.

Basically I get timed out of a server and then cannot rejoin....happened three(or four?) times in a weekend...

The screen would freeze, but I can hear in-game voice communication. Then after a minute I get the 'timed out'. Trying to rejoin is pointless.

I even have a twitchtv video of the thing happening this latest time.

Update is out, no notes yet.

Release notes April 25, 2013

Shipping “Operation” Payback”

• “Operation Payback, “ is a Classic Casual map group made up of seven top-rated Workshop maps on official servers.
  • Allowed players to invite friends to play “OP” even if they haven’t purchased
  • Added upgradeable challenge coin, viewable in avatar, that progresses from bronze to silver to gold with play

Radar changes:

• Spectators' radar was replaced with a minimap, allowing for better orientation and action-following without resorting to the overview.
  • When playing competitive or with sv_competitive_official_5v5 set, the minimap will show player hotkey values like the overview map does.
  • Added convar cl_radar_always_centered ( default 1 ) then when set to 0 makes more efficient use of the radar at the expense of moving the POV away from the center.
  • Added 2 options to the radar, allowing players to change the scale and orientation. These are exposed in the Game Settings menu, or directly with the cl_radar_scale ( default 0.7 ) and cl_radar_rotate ( default 1 ) convars, respectively.
  • Added convar cl_radar_icon_scale_min ( default 0.6 ) that allows radar icons to be kept large when the scale is reduced.
  • Moved the planted bomb icon from below the radar to the timer.
  • Fixed radar showing above or below on a player when spectating them from chase.

CS:GO Player Profile:

• All players can now view other players medals/coins on the in-game Player Profile page.
  • Friends can now view your wins and Skill Group on your in-game Player Profile page.
  • You can now view a Player's Profile page by hitting Z (the Command Radio Message key) when spectating that player.
  • Added a shortcut to view a friend's CS:GO Player Profile page from the main menu friends list.

Added "Disable Autogenerated DM Spawns?" to info_map_parameters entity that allows mapper to specify that no dm spawns should be autogenerated and will be mapper-placed instead.

Added more options for map filtering in server browser:

• The default map filter now performs substring matching. (dust will find de_dust2_se, cs_dustyhouse, workshop or fastdl versions of maps, etc.)
  • A single slash will search for a prefix in the base map name. (/cs will search for all hostage rescue maps)
  • An asterisk will search for a map name suffix. (*_se will search for any map ending in "_se")
  • A double slash will search for an exact map name prefix. (///125488374/ will search for the official workshop de_dust2_se. ///official will search for all official workshop non-se maps)
  • Added support for official cs_militia map workshop id 133256570 to be played as part of dedicated servers workshop collection mapcycle.

(source: CSGO_servers)

Edit: damnit, too late again

KingKong

Created a Thread

Not sure how well this will do since it's classic casual and I don't know how many people will care for these coins. I hope it does well though. Maps are the lifeblood of these games and these guys should be getting paid.

cs:go ‏@csgo_dev 10s

Thats good but still, like you said the most important thing is maps and since the game came out all they've added vertigo (sucks on comp), assault and militia (ditto). Compare that to TF2 (I know its way bigger) which had like 3-4 maps with every 'big' update.

Also considering the default maplist has basically 4 good maps, 64 tic servers, not using _se maps and now the maps they're adding are casual only, it's like they're pushing people towards ESEA

I'm hoping this is also being used as a test bed for these popular maps in hope of making the better ones official. No better way to test them out rather than have a bunch of people play them on Valve's server and see which ones work.

KingKong

I'm hoping this is also being used as a test bed for these popular maps in hope of making the better ones official. No better way to test them out rather than have a bunch of people play them on Valve's server and see which ones work.

If that was the case they wouldn't have selected so many non-de_ maps. Just seems like they chose the prettiest looking highest ranked maps tbh

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Why would I pay to play casual classic.

You don't have to. Join off of a friend who's doing Operation Payback, or have them form a lobby. Or just play the maps on a community server.

I mean, why would I play classic casual when I could play competitive. Casual is such clusterfuck.

it is quite terrible. I thought it would be a good pub-like style of play rather than the semi-serious competitive. Instead, arms race or demo seem much better for screwing around.

feel

I mean, why would I play classic casual when I could play competitive. Casual is such clusterfuck.
Yep, those rules and player count are garbage. This is very disappointing.

Unless they made this specific group of maps put you on 5v5 servers.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Small update:

- Reduced cl_radar_scale minimum from 0.4 to 0.25.
- Fixed a problem where workshop maps included in Operation Payback weren't playable on community servers without Operation Payback Pass.
- Fixed a problem where Operation Payback banner could sometimes show up over friends in Play With Friends lobby.
- Added an explanation to Operation Payback Pass to indicate that Operation Payback is a mapgroup for Classic Casual mode.

classic casual is all I play, can't trust randoms to have my back.

Edit: had a competitive match. Was good fun. My ping on American servers weren't too disgraceful.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Either the player is leaning or the whole world is askew.

2huugk.png

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Either the player is leaning or the whole world is askew.

Yeah, that's been happening a lot when I spectate people. I wonder if it's related to headshot aimpunching.

Speaking of weird stuff with the game, has anyone ever played Inferno and had a corpse appear out of thin air, right in front of them? Like, a player is killed on the other side of the map, and suddenly their corpse appears and ragdolls in front of you.

MrKayle

"From now until July 31st, enjoy uninterrupted low-ping play on official dedicated servers and reward CS:GO's top-rated virtual mapmakers with real money."

sooo we pay 2.99 (or 5.99) and we can play these maps only until july 31st?

Speaking of weird stuff with the game, has anyone ever played Inferno and had a corpse appear out of thin air, right in front of them? Like, a player is killed on the other side of the map, and suddenly their corpse appears and ragdolls in front of you.

Yeah, this happens to me every once in a while. Can only remember it happening when an enemy is killed by a team mate.

Has anyone ever suddenly seen an enemy player appear for a tenth of a second before disappearing in a spot? This is usually followed by the player actually coming around the corner where the model appears. Weird bug I experience every once in a while (a little more often than a player being morphed in front of me when dying). Maybe once every 10-15 matches or something. It's convenient when it happens, as it kind of works like a sloppy wallhack, but still, it's a pretty bullshit bug. Anyone else ever had it happen?

Yeah, this happens to me every once in a while. Can only remember it happening when an enemy is killed by a team mate.

Has anyone ever suddenly seen an enemy player appear for a tenth of a second before disappearing in a spot? This is usually followed by the player actually coming around the corner where the model appears. Weird bug I experience every once in a while (a little more often than a player being morphed in front of me when dying). Maybe once every 10-15 matches or something. It's convenient when it happens, as it kind of works like a sloppy wallhack, but still, it's a pretty bullshit bug. Anyone else ever had it happen?

happens ALL the time (once every 3-5 matches)

Threi

notag
Yeah that has happened pretty frequently when I am covering corners and entrances.

It's a pretty convenient bug actually :p

I think it's the server correcting player position on the map.

Clydefrog

Yeah, the weird "seeing the player before he/she comes into view" bug can be helpful sometimes :)

I still suck with the AK and don't realize how people kill me so easily with it.

happens ALL the time (once every 3-5 matches)

Yeah I guess 10-15 might have been a pretty generous estimate. Just had it happen twice in a match. Seems like it happens a lot, Valve (or whatever the developers are called) better get on this pretty quick. It's a pretty significant bug.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I think it only happens to the Terrorist models.

The bug you're referencing has been in the game as long as I can remember. I think it's one of the ways that "OMG how did he know I was there HAX" can be explained.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty certain it happened to a ct in one of the matches I played last night.

You mean the ragdoll bug or the split-second-on-screen bug? The latter definitely happens to both teams.

I meant the ragdoll bug with that first line, I can't remember seeing that happen to CTs.

MrKayle

I can attest to experiencing the "see enemy flash around the corner for a second and then disappear" bug. it's helpful XD

bought the map pack and had to add $5 to my steam wallet instead of just paying the 2.99. great!

might be kind of a foolish question but how do I set which audio source I want? It let's me define what type of output but not select which one that is it is using my speakers instead of headset.

Some pretty jarring news coming out of the ESEA world. Apparently lpkane/jaguar snuck bitcoin mining into the client and were utilizing people's GPUs to mine.

lpkane explanation part 1 - http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=492134

lpkane explanation part 2 - http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=492152

original thread where it was discovered - http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=492102

I really don't know how to feel about this. It's a huge violation of the ToS and customers trust... but I'd kinda sorta be down for something like this if it went towards helping the community. I did have some instability last week. Windows explorer kept crashing while I was playing ESEA pugs. I also found the amount of updates with no real.. update to be kind of strange.

Man oh man.

Some pretty jarring news coming out of the ESEA world. Apparently lpkane/jaguar snuck bitcoin mining into the client and were utilizing people's GPUs to mine.

lpkane explanation part 1 - http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=492134

lpkane explanation part 2 - http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=492152

original thread where it was discovered - http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=492102

I really don't know how to feel about this. It's a huge violation of the ToS and customers trust... but I'd kinda sorta be down for something like this if it went towards helping the community. I did have some instability last week. Windows explorer kept crashing while I was playing ESEA pugs. I also found the amount of updates with no real.. update to be kind of strange.

Man oh man.

I think it'd be a neat idea if it was an opt-in/opt-out service where the proceeds went toward prizes in the league or something. And he apparently released the log detailing the amount recieved and is implementing it into the next season, but as it was, it's kinda shady. I didn't have anything of any sort happen to my computer, but hey, at least we all get a free month out of it!

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I am totally going to pay a monthly fee to help you mine Bitcoins.

oh lordy.

Torbull seems to be stepping in and taking control now. Really, I think lpkane and jaguar (+bravo_two) should be fired and pretty much blacklisted from the community. What they did is fucking atrocious and the way they responded in the threads to paying customers in such an unprofessional manner says a lot about their character.

I'm certainly hoping they get canned.

Willectro

Banned
Between the obvious aimbotting and fucked up vote kicking system (people just keep vote kicking), the community maps were a waste of money. I should have bought a bag of chips or something.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
"Minor" update is out:

[ GAMEPLAY ]
-Tweaked weapons
DEAGLE: Reduced inaccuracy.
Mag-7: Increased cycletime. Increased cost.
XM-1014: Increased ArmorRatio. Increased cycletime.
UMP-45: Reduced price. Reduced recoil angle variance.
Mac-10: Increased maxspeed. Reduced price.
-Classic Competitive now allows 2 flashbangs and 4 grenades total.
-Implemented bodygroups penetration for maximum damage, now shooting through arms at the enemies head will apply headshot damage, or shooting through arms at the stomach will apply stomach damage multiplier.
-Removed aimpunch resulting from getting shot in the arms or legs.
-Auto switch when dropping a weapon (or after throwing a grenade) avoids weapons with 0 bullets in the clip.
-Reduced environment fog when scoped with a weapon.

[ MAPS ]
-CS_Militia: Fixed collision in CT spawn, added radar names
-CS_Assault: Added radar names
-CS_Museum: Fixed and updated radar and overview scales.
-DE_Library: Fixed bug where some clients would crash on bomb explosion.
-DE_Favela: Fixed bug were a prop was causing server lag, other gameplay tweaks
-DE_Seaside: Fixed bug were players would get stuck near Terrorist spawn.

[ MISC ]
-Weapon inventory HUD now displays the number of grenades held of a single type.
-Fixed a sound bug that resulted in ghost footsteps when taking over bots.
-Fixed player money getting set to the wrong value if the player took over a bot in competitive and survived to the end of the round.
-Added a server convar "sv_maxusrcmdprocessticks" to limit maximum number of user commands backlog, defaulting at 3; observed player speed by others will now always be within max movement speed even when user is cheating, experiencing high packet loss or exteremely low fps.
-Vote kick will record user's SteamID in the banlist and remove user from ongoing competitive match even if the user disconnected from game server before required number of votes have been collected.
-Spectating Operation Payback games via GOTV is now allowed without Operation Payback pass.
-Fixed crash on exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom