• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanman25

Played a competitive match and got my butt handed to me. I did learn that "catwalk" is a good route to bomb placement, haha. My team didn't win a single round. :(

Just picked up my processor. Now I just need an hdd and ram and I'll be to join you guys on the battlefield. Played yesterday on my account on my buds PC and the Payback maps are actually a lot of fun.

bs000

Does the amount of armor you have left affect the damage you take? Does 50 armor give you the same protection as 100 armor? I just want to know if it's ever worth spending the money to replenish armor at the beginning of a round.

lastflowers is my steamID
I also have another one: billyparham

Happened because of weird 'disconnects' from the client and then wouldn't let me re-enter the match...so a 7-day ban after happening 3 or 4 times in a weekend. I caught one of them on my twitch stream though.

I usually play for a couple of hours most days a week.

Clydefrog

Does the amount of armor you have left affect the damage you take? Does 50 armor give you the same protection as 100 armor? I just want to know if it's ever worth spending the money to replenish armor at the beginning of a round.

Good question. anyone?

zon

If it's like original CS then yes it gives the same amount of protection.

feel

I haven't been able to join a server with people playing Payback for the last hour. And before then the Payback servers kept loading maps like Dust and Office, I think Steam or CSGO is having issues.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on the East Coast, and for the most part, I've had no trouble joining populated Payback servers. Maybe it's a location-specific problem?

feel

It's fixed for me now.

Apparently there was some Steam maintenance going on earlier, that might've had something to do with it.

edit-

Finally got my Silver coin, 40 more hours.....

KingKong

Still experiencing that big where I can see glimpses of the enemy before they appear. Fucking trippy.

I get that sometimes, it seems like it only happens after a flash/smoke. I consistently (like 1/8 times) get it at ramp on nuke, it's weird

Arucardo

I was bored yesterday and the server I regularly play on was down so I tried the whole "matchmaking" thing and man, it's like playing against bots.

I think in one game I destroyed the whole enemy team on my own multiple times. Ofc this goes both ways so when I had to spectate some of my team mates plenty of long sighs could be heard from me lol.

feel

I was bored yesterday and the server I regularly play on was down so I tried the whole "matchmaking" thing and man, it's like playing against bots.

I think in one game I destroyed the whole enemy team on my own multiple times. Ofc this goes both ways so when I had to spectate some of my team mates plenty of long sighs could be heard from me lol.
You were playing against low level people because you are new and the game still doesn't know your skill level, you'll be meeting tough opposition soon enough if you keep at it.

KingKong

You were playing against low level people because you are new and the game still doesn't know your skill level, you'll be meeting tough opposition soon enough if you keep at it.

yeah, when they did that reset I went from an AK to 3 stars and going from 3 to 4 to AK really showed a massive skill difference

makes you feel a lot better about how you're doing when you realize you're better than half the skill groups

Grinchy

Banned
Can anyone tell me if the PSN version has been updated since the game's release ?

I was over at my friend's house like a month ago and he put on some CS and some BF3 on ps3. I had never seen them on console before. CS didn't have any map updates, and the damage didn't show when I was killed by someone. So it's very far behind.

On a side note, even though I'm pretty rough at shooters with a controller these days, it was the easiest CS I've ever played. I don't think anyone even knew how to shoot in bursts.

Uiki

Via csgo_servers, changelog for the update:

GAMEPLAY

Mag7 - reduced cost to 1800.

Mac10 - increased price to 1050.

XM1014 - reduced damage to 20.

Body parts penetration code will not register headshot damage when penetrating into the neck hitbox through the chest hitbox, only chest damage will be dealt in this case.

MAPS

Updated de_favela to latest version.

Fixed some bugs in de_inferno where the player could get stuck on geometry, fixed some minor bugs (Thanks Wλve!).

MISC

If a player was vote kicked from too many recent competitive games the matchmaking system will assign them a competitive cooldown.

Added sever command line support for -net_port_try 1 to prevent servers from trying to climb ports if the request port was busy.

Fixed a rare grenade physics interaction that could cause grenades to spin in place when thrown at certain kinds of physics props or players.

Adjusted default value of sv_maxusrcmdprocessticks server convar to 16 for community servers with default settings to successfully process all user commands from even lowest tickrate and framerate clients.

When going to overtime players who survived in the last round will start with empty inventory even though teams don't switch sides.

Fixed flashbang number not updating on the hud if you had set "close after buy."

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Via csgo_servers, changelog for the update:

Fixed some bugs in de_inferno where the player could get stuck on geometry, fixed some minor bugs (Thanks Wλve!).
Good shit. Wλve has done an EXCELLENT job of posting lots of bugs and problems over on the Steam Forums - he actually had a list of minor problems with Nuke that were addressed by Valve, so this is not the first time they've fixed stuff based on his suggestions.

The weapon tweaks are good, especially the MAC-10 one. Ts having SMGs in pistol round in casual, lol.

Fixed a rare grenade physics interaction that could cause grenades to spin in place when thrown at certain kinds of physics props or players.
No more setting smoke traps on the hosties, I guess.

Thank god for the XM1014 nerf, and in this case it looks like damage and armor penetration. This is what I've been hoping would happen.

It's been back to n00b cannon status in ESEA for a few days now. Being able to buy XM1014+Armor+Flash every round even when losing is crazy. I haven't really used it, but the pwnage that was happening since that last buff.. man.

Arucardo

Nah, they all had fairly high ranks, master and up (since it shows you at the end). There's so few people in matchmaking that you still end up with high ranked players.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I was messing around with the M1014 last night, and while not as powerful as before, it's still quite good. The armor penetration buff makes it a very good defensive weapon.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm so frustrated with myself. I feel awful at this game, compared to my younger days in 1.6. I'm not sure if it's my position, my reflexes, my configuration (sensitivity, rates, etc...), or my hardware. I used to be able to make twitch shots and headshots at a distance no problem, but I can barely hit the broad side of a barn now. I'm ate Master Guardian II rank, but the only thing keeping me there is my knowledge of the game and overall tactics. As far as k/d goes I'm falling well below where I should be.

Nah, they all had fairly high ranks, master and up (since it shows you at the end). There's so few people in matchmaking that you still end up with high ranked players.

Most of my evening matches have been with similarly ranked players. From Master Guardian I to whatever the 11th rank is (The big star). I have had a few very poorly matched matches though...we were playing with single stars which were well below the overall skill level of the game.

feel

Ah well maybe you're too good. I'm a below average player with low rank (I hang around the skill icons with 2 or 3 small stars, don't remember what they're called) and I keep matching with people of similar skill level.

Clydefrog

I'm so frustrated with myself. I feel awful at this game, compared to my younger days in 1.6. I'm not sure if it's my position, my reflexes, my configuration (sensitivity, rates, etc...), or my hardware. I used to be able to make twitch shots and headshots at a distance no problem, but I can barely hit the broad side of a barn now. I'm ate Master Guardian II rank, but the only thing keeping me there is my knowledge of the game and overall tactics. As far as k/d goes I'm falling well below where I should be.

dude, I know that feel. I know it all too well. maybe it has something to do with our netcode setup?

TheExodu5

Banned
Bad workmen blaming their tools?

Or age deteriorating ability?

Or lack of practice/change in setup. More perseverance and you'll be back.

Yeah I'm keeping at it. I won't blame my netcode...I'm quite positive my aim is just garbage. However, I know how important are a reliable/consistent mouse and mousing surface. I'm having issues being consistent with my aim and I'm not sure if it's entirely me or partially due to my setup. I'm using the Razer Mamba with a standard Steelseries cloth map FWIW. It's about time I get a new mouse, though. I might pick up a G400 shortly and go back to my good old fUnc pad.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I suck at this game because I suck at this game. But I still enjoy it.

Back down to Nova 4, hooray.

Clydefrog

I'm still going to blame my netcode! I play with wireless DSL that craps out frequently.

whenever I join a game, I always type these three commands in console:

rate 128000
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_interp 0

anything else I should be doing?

bs000

I'm still going to blame my netcode! I play with wireless DSL that craps out frequently.

whenever I join a game, I always type these three commands in console:

rate 128000
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_interp 0

anything else I should be doing?

What do those do? I haven't toyed with any console commands since 1.6.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Matchmaking is incredibly broken right now, and was yesterday as well. A team of 5 trying to get into a match shouldn't taken 15mins plus.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Don't sell yourself short, it's not Nova 4, it's GOLD NOVA MASTER.

And just like that, I'm back up to Master Guardian II. BOOM!

First game I played today was with a random who only used HE grenades and ran around trying to kamikaze the other team. Spoiler alert:
we lost the game.

But man, got some regulars together later on, and we did great. Love some good hostage maps.

snack

I am trying to get change my clan tag to have the E from the VALVE logo, like the one below. Problem is that it just shows up as a normal E when I make the new group prefix. Anyone know how to fix this?

Rmriau2.jpg

Uiki

What do those do? I haven't toyed with any console commands since 1.6.

////////////////////////////////////
//Network and Interpolation Settings

rate 80000 // def. 80000 - Maximum Download Bandwidth in byte per second. - DO NOT USE A LOWER VALUE OR A PUPPY DIES!
cl_cmdrate 128 // def. 64 - Maximum Command Packets per second, sending to the Server. DO NOT SET THIS HIGHER THAN YOUR FPS!
cl_updaterate 128 // def. 64 - Maximum number of Update Packets per second, received from the Server. Gets adjusted by the Servers TickRate if TR<cl_updaterate
cl_interp 0 // def. 0 - DO NOT CHANGE THIS OR A KITTY DIES!
cl_interp_ratio 1 // def. 2 - Ratio of interpolation Time. cl_interp_ratio : cl_updaterate = cl_interp -> lerp in ms

Create an autoexec file an copy-past.

If you play on a 64 tick server (like matchmaking servers), the game will automatically set your cmdrate and updaterate to 64.

If you experience packet loss, set your cl_interp_ratio to 2.

TheExodu5

Banned
It's so weird how this game works sometimes. I was awful yesterday and was 4-8 come the 12th round. Then something just clicked for the next 3 rounds and I went up to 14-8, getting headshots left and right. CS has always been like that to me. Sometimes I'll be on a roll and other times I'll be god awful and can't hit a thing. There's no in between.

Uiki

Hotfix:

Release Notes for 5/10/2013

[ MISC ]

- Fixed an exploit of CTs boosting and picking up hostages through thin floors.
- Restored proper grenade interaction with breakable surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom