• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

BC8739E61692FA6DD755DBD7D46C0F83E4465AF6

Reported one second. Banned the next.

feel

Like 90% of the Overwatch cases I'm getting now it's actual hackers, been doing 4 or 5 sessions per day.

Sitting there watching them go at it, my mind can't comprehend why these people do it. It's so freakin pathetic and boooooooring, absolutely zero fun, I just can't understand the reason why a person would waste time out of their lives to walk around a map offing other players so effortlessly like that, it's not like anyone in the server is going to be fooled and give them mad respect for their awesome skills. I just feel bad for the guys doing the hacking.

edit-

Mirage seems like a really great map from what I've experienced since yesterday, can't wait for it to get into the official rotation.

Like 90% of the Overwatch cases I'm getting now it's actual hackers, been doing 4 or 5 sessions per day.

Sitting there watching them go at it, my mind can't comprehend why these people do it. It's so freakin pathetic and boooooooring, absolutely zero fun, I just can't understand the reason why a person would waste time out of their lives to walk around a map offing other players so effortlessly like that, it's not like anyone in the server is going to be fooled and give them mad respect for their awesome skills. I just feel bad for the guys doing the hacking.

Obvious cheaters like that do it for the reactions. It's trolling basically. There are almost always reactions too, especially in a game like CS with so many immature people behind the keyboards. I always try to tell people not to rage and cry, it's exactly what they want.

Btw, can I ask about your playtime, skill group and how many competitive matches you've won?

feel

Obvious cheaters like that do it for the reactions. It's trolling basically. There are almost always reactions too, especially in a game like CS with so many immature people behind the keyboards. I always try to tell people not to rage and cry, it's exactly what they want.
That makes sense.

Btw, can I ask about your playtime, skill group and how many competitive matches you've won?
710 hours of CSGO played
354 Competitive wins (won about half of the total number of competitive matches I'd say)
first "AK-47" rank (don't remember the name)

snack

Might sound ironic but I've been finding more hackers after the release of overwatch. It's frustrating playing with ppl that toggle.

Willectro

Banned
Still loving the game to bits but a few things are really killing it for me right now. One is hackers...but at least they're going at it with Overwatch which is great and about the best they could do.

My main issue is the apparent high-ping advantage. Players with high ping are not only difficult to hit because they can teleport when the interp fails, but they also inexplicably have a peek advantage. A high ping player can peak around a corner and you'll be dead by the time you see them since somehow their shots register before you. It's really annoying and it makes playing against Brazilian teams very frustrating.

This exactly. I know Valve is trying to make the matchmaking as quick as possible, but I would rather wait twice as long to get into games with people who have decent ping.

kodt

Banned
Just played competitive last night for the first time in a long time. Won the match 16-14. Went to look at my stats and ... what? Only 1 competitive win?

Oh yeah, all of my competitive wins were in BETA. Once the real game came out I got busy and only played casual.

I always do this, put tons of time into a game during beta. Then once the retail comes out I stop playing and wonder why my rank/stats are so crap. Sometimes I wish your stats would carry over.

Is there some kind of beginner guide for this game? like what basic concepts should I start to know?

It's probably best if you played the game by yourself, starting slow, but steady. Practice with offline bots (so that you don't feel like you're losing every match) until you are comfortable with Expert bots. Then jump into casual play using "Find A Game" so that you have no surprises in terms of server-side weirdness.

If you're playing the game for the first time, there should be a lot of on-screen stuff that tells you what to do. If you've never played an FPS before, there's a "Weapons Course".

KingKong

play on a DM server or something to get a hang of the weapons since they're fairly unique in the FPS genre because of their recoil

playing matchmaking, idk, just stick with your team at the beginning, it can be kind of obtuse to learn that you should be saving money a few rounds after you lose the first for example, or where you should be going as T/CT (then again I'm at AK level and still see people standing in really obvious/stupid spots)

e: yeah that guide above is good. really if you just learn to keep your crosshair at headshot level you will be better than most people at early skill levels

feel

OVERWATCH ]
- Added more investigators to the Overwatch Beta.

[ MISC ]
- Added an explanation for no binary signature validation for clients running in -insecure mode.
- Fixed an exploit where clients could bypass network convar restrictions using setinfo.
- The crosshair gap size will no longer change when switching weapons while using "Classic Static" (cl_crosshairstyle 4) -- other crosshair styles are unaffected.
Check ya top left corners of main menu

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Check ya top left corners of main menu

Wish Valve kept track of all the senseless hours I wasted in 1.4/5/6 and Source before the orange box era and just grandfathered me in. I don't play a lot of CS:GO but I would love to help keep the streets clean. Still, I understand why they need you to have proven dedication in GO so that the overwatch reports won't get flooded by too many non-serious players.

Bauhaus

Banned
I just discovered that the Dual Berettas are the best weapon in the game, I have gotten more kill with them than with any other weapon.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Blog update on Mirage (coming next week) http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2013/06/7149/

Not sure if I like them modifying the design after saying that they dont want to modify the design...

Great read. It sounds like they really took time and care to research the map before working on it.

They made the map look gorgeous while maintaining and improving the gameplay aspects of the map. I can't wait to play this.

Great read. It sounds like they really took time and care to research the map before working on it.

They made the map look gorgeous while maintaining and improving the gameplay aspects of the map. I can't wait to play this.

Hard to say it is the case until it's been played ad infinitum.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Blog post!

And patch notes:

Product Update - Valve
18:28
Release Notes for 6/12/2013

[ MAPS ]
- Added de_mirage.
- Added console command to help players plan strategic grenades. Set sv_grenade_trajectory 1 (cheat convar) to see a visual arc in-game.

[ OVERWATCH ]
- Overwatch Investigators are now required to submit more detailed verdict reports after reviewing evidence.
- Fixed interpolation issues during GOTV and Overwatch demo playback which caused the weapon of a shooting player to visually appear several ticks behind the moment a victim was hit.
- Overwatch FAQ updated. http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/

[ OPERATION PAYBACK ]
- Operation Payback Pass on sale for $0.99 until Monday 6/17.

[ UI ]
- Added links to top streams on the main menu.
- Added an audio option to reduce game music volume when Steam Overlay is activated.

[ MISC ]
- Restored the "retry" console command.
- Players can only submit griefing reports for teammates.

KingKong

hm not really feeling mirage, it feels more open and looks like a lot of angles are different. maybe its just weird to see like a plank instead of a balcony

feel

Really liking Mirage, but no idea if it's a ct or t map, the two games I played ended 15-15 and the 70% of the people playing had no idea where to go most of the time, much less which corners and hiding spots to watch out for lol.

In one of them I was losing 14-15 and with my entire team dead, I managed to hold B by myself with a Mag-7 vs 4 guys and secure the tie. People were flipping their shit over voice chat, so good.. :)

edit-

New Overwatch verdict options

feel

When you get into a match and you see you're up against something that looks like

176 Vuvuzinho1.0
191 xXxNaruto237xXx
223 Francisco Duarte
162 Todo meio killer // BR

you know you're in for some rough times :(

Wish there was a sure fire way to avoid them, they're really hard to hit and they always see you first around corners and shit. I just don't get at all how high ping gives them an advantage, shouldn't it be the other way around? Is there a lag compensation system in place or something that favors them?

jordisok

When you get into a match and you see you're up against something that looks like

176 Vuvuzinho1.0
191 xXxNaruto237xXx
223 Francisco Duarte
162 Todo meio killer // BR

you know you're in for some rough times :(

Wish there was a sure fire way to avoid them, they're really hard to hit and they always see you first around corners and shit. I just don't get at all how high ping gives them an advantage, shouldn't it be the other way around? Is there a lag compensation system in place or something that favors them?

Maybe dumb, but if their ping is high could you turn down your max matchmaking ping settings?

Haines

Banned
Maybe dumb, but if their ping is high could you turn down your max matchmaking ping settings?

That only controls your ping.

The brazilians dont have a datacenter so they play on N. American servers. Its basically game breaking. No english and no reasonable ping, the two things that break CS outside of hacking. After 700 hrs of GO, I can rarely muster up enough want to play with any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom