• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

That only controls your ping.

The brazilians dont have a datacenter so they play on N. American servers. Its basically game breaking. No english and no reasonable ping, the two things that break CS outside of hacking. After 700 hrs of GO, I can rarely muster up enough want to play with any more.

Ban Brazil. Problem solved and everyone wins!

jordisok

The brazilians dont have a datacenter so they play on N. American servers. Its basically game breaking. No english and no reasonable ping, the two things that break CS outside of hacking. After 700 hrs of GO, I can rarely muster up enough want to play with any more.

Oh right, thanks for the explanation! Always wondered why brazilian players seem to cause so much frustration. Bit of a fuck up on all counts there.

s7evn

You could go ESEA or leetway for pugs

I've really been playing way too much deathmatch. Also managed to get my badge maxed out.

zAmJnkr.png

feel

Hope they fixed the mini-map in Vertigo, it has A and B flipped and it led to a lot of confusion by some players.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Notes:

[ WEAPONS ]
- Tuned the AUG and SG553 to function more effectively as a rifle/sniper hybrid.

[ MAPS ]
- de_mirage: Fixed see-through crates at bombsites, various other bugfixes.
- Fixed kv files packaged in workshop maps not loading correctly, which could display incorrect player models and arms.

[ OVERWATCH ]
- Improved interpolation during Overwatch evidence playback.

[ MISC ]
- Added classic competitive map to in-game friends list information text.
- Fixed rare uninitialized text "Target Area" appearing on-screen when watching GOTV.
- Fixed sv_grenade_trajectory linux crash
- Added new sv_grenade_trajectory convars to display a dashed line and to adjust

New AUG A3 stats:

New SG 553 stats:

KingKong

Hmm that should be interesting, Ill have to try the changes but they always felt like a crutch if you cant hit with ak/m4 at long distance

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Here we go, more detailed stats, courtesy of jaj22:

jaj22 said:
Aug changes:

MaxPlayerSpeed 220 => 210
MaxPlayerSpeedAlt 200 => 190
WeaponPrice 3500 => 3300
WeaponArmorRatio 1.4 => 1.8
Damage 32 => 28
RangeModifier 0.96 => 0.98
CycleTime 0.09 => 0.12
Spread 0.6 => 0.5
SpreadAlt 0.6 => 0.5
InaccuracyCrouchAlt 2.02 => 1.01
InaccuracyStandAlt 2.69 => 2.12
InaccuracyLadderAlt 92.34 => 120.04
RecoveryTimeCrouch 0.335520 => 0.405520
RecoilAngleVariance 70 => 65
RecoilMagnitude 22 => 24
RecoilMagnitudeVariance 1 => 2
clip_size 30 => 20

SG553 changes:

MaxPlayerSpeed 220 => 210
MaxPlayerSpeedAlt non-existent => 190
WeaponPrice 3500 => 3000
WeaponArmorRatio 1.4 => 2.0
Damage 33 => 30
RangeModifier 0.955 => 0.98
CycleTime 0.09 => 0.12
Spread 0.6 => 0.5
SpreadAlt 0.6 => 0.5
InaccuracyCrouchAlt 1.98 => 1.04
InaccuracyStandAlt 2.65 => 2.18
InaccuracyLadderAlt 83.66 => 108.758
InaccuracyMoveAlt 78.46 => 91.01
RecoveryTimeCrouch 0.309204 => 0.409204
RecoveryTimeStand 0.432886 => 0.472886
RecoilAngleVariance 70 => 65
RecoilMagnitude 22 => 32
RecoilMagnitudeVariance 1 => 2
clip_size 30 => 20

The SG553 now has a long 1-shot headshot range against armour and AK-like recoil. The Aug may have a very short headshot range against armour.

Clydefrog

I've always liked the SG553. I haven't had a chance to try the new version of aug/sg553 but it sounds like a downgrade based on those stats above!

Yeah it got a bit cheaper but it also now deals less damage and 1/3rd of the clip is gone!

s7evn

Thats what I mean...Why did they take them out period? Balance issue?
I don't think it's a balance issue as much as they are focused on maps, bugs, other balance issues (making more guns viable for competitive), and monetization if they are planning on going FTP.

Alternatively they may feel silencers don't have a place in the game or aren't needed.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Last time Valve talked about GO silencers, they said they are being worked on. I guess it's a balance thing.

The two buffs the AUG and SG got were 1) lowered prices and 2) increased armor penetration. The SG can now 1 shot an opponant with a helmet at a distance, which is kinda cool.

Clydefrog

Last time Valve talked about GO silencers, they said they are being worked on. I guess it's a balance thing.

The two buffs the AUG and SG got were 1) lowered prices and 2) increased armor penetration. The SG can now 1 shot an opponant with a helmet at a distance, which is kinda cool.

so why then does the AUG cost more?!

jordisok

Randoms in competitive really getting to me right now, people tryna vote out 'noobz' WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT A BOT INSTEAD.

TheExodu5

Banned
Sig now 1 shots? Could be worthwhile now. I maintain that the AUG was a very valid upgrade to the M4...seemed to do the same damage and bullet spread is significantly lessened compared to the M4.

edit: wait, AUG was changed significantly too? Looks like it's even more accurate...but I'm unsure how the damage works out with reduced damage and increased bullet penetration. That 20 shot clip might hurt it a lot...

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
whoa.gif

why did I never realize this?
Well, most of them are. FAMAS, M4, AUG, MP9, and MAG-7 are all most expensive than their T counterparts.

Randoms in competitive really getting to me right now, people tryna vote out 'noobz' WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT A BOT INSTEAD.
Their reasoning? You can control a bot. You can't control a noob.

Sig now 1 shots? Could be worthwhile now. I maintain that the AUG was a very valid upgrade to the M4...seemed to do the same damage and bullet spread is significantly lessened compared to the M4.

edit: wait, AUG was changed significantly too? Looks like it's even more accurate...but I'm unsure how the damage works out with reduced damage and increased bullet penetration. That 20 shot clip might hurt it a lot...

It's definitely not a short-range weapon now.

Uiki

It has a really, really low recoil and an easy pattern to learn.

Thats what I mean...Why did they take them out period? Balance issue?

The game is already CT sides on almost every map. They can't add silencers right now.

Really hope this has some legs.

NA Revival

NA Revival is an international movement to help revive the North American eSports community. With the growing popularity of eSports, it is our mission to rally support for games like Counter Strike: Global Offensive. NA Revival’s goal is to provide a platform for gamers to come together and create opportunities for North American CS:GO gamers.

What’s their plan to help the community?

Kicking off the event will be a 24 hour live Twitch stream ( http://www.twitch.tv/narevival ) running from July 6th - July 7th from 10AM - 10AM EDT. It will feature all sorts of great games, professional player Q&A and gaming sessions, giveaways, contests, and whatever else comes to mind over the course of 24 hours, with a heavy emphasis on interactions and games with the community and viewers. Already, NA Revival has received commitments from a number of talented professional NA and EU players, many of whom you can see listed on the website ( http://www.narevival.com ).

The NiP casting team is ready to go...
The second stage will be an online tournament, hosted on ESEA servers, with a cash prize payout from the donations received as well as other potential prizes and sponsor commitments. This initial event will be casted by NiPGamingTV as well as ESEA TV and will feature your favorite professional NA CS:GO teams. NA Revival hopes to build the tournaments into a regular occurrence.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Update's out:

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Update Released
Product Update - Valve
19:30
Release Notes for 6/26/2013

[ WEAPONS ]
- Further adjustments to the AUG/SG553.

[ MAPS ]
- de_mirage: Minor bugfixes.
- de_vertigo: Fixed bombsite naming, other minor bugfixes.

[ OVERWATCH ]
- Improved Overwatch test case distribution system.

[ MISC ]
- Whitelisted convars sv_vote_issue_kick_allowed and sv_vote_kick_ban_duration.
- Added a server concommand "removeallids" to unban all user IDs.
- Keybindings are no longer processed in front end when not connected to a server, fixes unexpected keybindings processing in main menu and when chatting in play with friends lobby.
- Fixed players in invalid Steam purchase regions getting error dialogs during play.
- Fixed votes incorrectly displaying player names with formatting symbols.
- Fixed a rare bug where friendly fire damage could count raw damage inflicted instead of actual health points subtracted towards warning or kicking for too much team damage.
- Official classic competitive matches will always allow players to connect even in rare cases when they were kicked and banned from the same game server instance during a previous classic casual game.
- When a player receives a cooldown for being kicked from too many matches it will show up on their main menu immediately and will not be delayed until the competitive match end.
- Adjusted the competitive cooldown for being kicked from too many matches to correspond to the violator's offense level starting at 30 minutes if it was the first competitive violation and following same cooldown computation rules as other types of cooldowns.
- A player who was matchmaking solo and was kicked by a party of 4 teammates will not receive a competitive cooldown for being kicked from too many matches.
- Exposed cl_interpolate convar, allows to disable entity interpolation during demo playback or on listen servers, interpolation is enabled regardless of client setting when connected to dedicated servers.
- Added grenade trajectories when in spectator mode with glows on. Set sv_grenade_trajectory_time_spectator 1 to turn them on.
- Fixed a crash on OSX 10.6.8 when downloading custom maps resources from community servers.

feel

Nice, Vertigo back on my rotation. You never knew if the randoms were calling out the original bombsites or the wrong ones from the radar.

Any PC wizards able to help my friend out? Computer crashes every time he tries to play CS:GO and Portal 2. TF2 works fine. He has tried getting help from Valve support, but nothing has worked thus far.

CS:GO and portal 2 won't work for me. As I try to start it the screen goes black and the mouse turns into the "hourglass" and after a few seconds the computer starts up again. I've tried reinstalling it while my antivirus and firewalls are down, tried running it in compabilitymode for winXP sp3, and with -autoconfig and -safe separately.

Not sure how much of this is relevant, so I'm just pasting almost all of it:

Processor Information:
Vendor: AuthenticAMD
Speed: 3624 Mhz
4 logical processors
2 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Supported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported

Operating System Version:
Windows Vista (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
Driver: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll
Driver Version: 12.104.0.0
DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.10.1191
Driver Date: 28 Mar 2013
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
VendorID: 0x1002
DeviceID: 0x6738
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Primary Display Size: 26.65" x 15.00" (30.55" diag)
67.7cm x 38.1cm (77.6cm diag)
Primary Bus Type Not Detected
Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Memory:
RAM: 8173 Mb

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Patch is out:

Product Update - Valve
22:30
[ MISC ]
- Playing a demo recorded on a workshop map will attempt to automatically download and display that workshop map.
- Added a convar cl_download_demoplayer to control whether demo player is allowed to download external resources, defaults to 1 allowing downloads from workshop, allows 2 for downloading all other external resources that could be referenced by community server.
- Added engine support for versioning official maps, so demo playback will seamlessly download and load matching version of the map when playing back older demos. ( Currently supports Nuke, Inferno, Dust2 )
- Fixed rare crashes in HUD when game events were received before HUD elements were fully loaded.

[ GAMEPLAY ]
- Additional minor buffs to the Aug and Sig.
- Smoke grenades have been adjusted to make their view-obscuring overlay match the smoke volume shape more precisely as well as some other minor fixes.

[ SPECTATING ]
- Spectating a flashed player via GOTV now shows an additional effect and icon to indicate blindness without obscuring the spectators view.
- Fixed a case where GOTV spectator would get the round radar template instead of the square one.
- Grenade trajectories are now on by default in spectator x-ray view. Convar sv_grenade_trajectory_time_spectator will adjust visible trail duration.

[ MAPS ]
- Made a pass at incorporating some lessons learned from Mirage to original maps. Also, bug fixes.
De_Inferno:
- Widened apartment hallway near A
- Replaced red car in middle with solid cover
- Fixed radar naming on haycart
- Improved visibility
De_Nuke:
- Added radar names
Bug fixes
- Improved visibility
De_Dust2:
- Improved visibility
- Bug fixes
De_Aztec:
- Improved visibility
De_Train:
- Improved visibility

feel

Might be placebo, but they seem to have removed or lowered the post-processing visual filters from some of the maps, Dust2 pops now (like mirage), I like it.

feel

Boxes behind the spot in dust2 B where you look at tunnel have been removed and the wall is painted white. Easier to spot the sniper from tunnel. The view to tunnel from there seems brighter too.

edit- grenade trajectories while spectating look sexy

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
No problem.

Another D2 B change is the ability to jump and see over window on B has been removed (which is a good thing). Window functions the same otherwise.

Another change I just noticed: T stairs on Inferno haven't changed physically, but are now smooth, like a ramp, making AWPing from there much easier.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
NM Not official.

But this is:

Product Update - Valve
21:21
Release Notes for 7/10/2013

[ GAMEPLAY ]
- Adjusted the function that mapped movement speed to weapon inaccuracy. The linear portion of this function is now exponential.

[ MAPS ]
- de_dust2: Fixed collision bug in Bombsite B, tweaked fog, fixed navmesh naming.

[ MISC ]
- Added support for more Unicode characters in player names.
- Fixed a rare incorrect name truncation in the death notice feed, scoreboard and main menu.
- Fixed truncation of the competitive maps selection when all maps were selected.
- Smoke volume is now cheaper to render.
- Players that spawn and don't move for longer than sv_spawn_afk_bomb_drop_time (default 15 seconds) will automatically drop the bomb. Thanks GreenTea!

impact

Banned
I truly hate the way Valve handles maps in this game. Competitive is the same damn maps I've been playing for 10 years and they can't even manage to get a mill or fire copy like mirage to strike. Mirage is not new, or even that great but it always gets voted grrrrr

Wish Valve gave a shit about this like they do Dota and TF2 :/

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I truly hate the way Valve handles maps in this game. Competitive is the same damn maps I've been playing for 10 years and they can't even manage to get a mill or fire copy like mirage to strike. Mirage is not new, or even that great but it always gets voted grrrrr

Wish Valve gave a shit about this like they do Dota and TF2 :/

I think Valve adding Mirage to the official map pool (a brand-new version, to boot), is indicative of them giving a shit. I wouldn't be surprised if other popular competitive maps are made official in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom