• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

O5J4s.gif

First I get invited to the trading card beta, and now this.

Been enjoying CSGO quite a bit, but there is nothing classic about Classic Casual. Having every player start with kits and full kevlar every round really takes the bite out of death.

I would try out the competitive mode, but playing with only ten people and FF doesn't really appeal to me.

So I've been watching a ton of Dota 2 qualifiers lately and I've been completely blown away by the quality of the streaming, the interface used to view and connect to matches, and all the statistics you can view. Have Valve said anything about implementing similar streaming and replay features to GO? I think it's kind of crazy they didn't ship with these features.

TheExodu5

Banned
Been enjoying CSGO quite a bit, but there is nothing classic about Classic Casual. Having every player start with kits and full kevlar every round really takes the bite out of death.

I would try out the competitive mode, but playing with only ten people and FF doesn't really appeal to me.

At least give competitive a shot. Friendly fire isn't really an issue at all. You learn to play your positions and where your team mates are. Friendly fire incidents are very rare for me.

Operation Payback worth getting? Are the maps good, and more importantly are there actually enough people playing to get some full 20 player games going?

It's on sale for half price again and i'm considering it since I play this game a lot and I missed it last time when it went back up to full price.

Operation Payback worth getting? Are the maps good, and more importantly are there actually enough people playing to get some full 20 player games going?

It's on sale for half price again and i'm considering it since I play this game a lot and I missed it last time when it went back up to full price.

No.

Clydefrog

Definitely do NOT pay full price for Operation Payback. If your #1 reason for playing CS is competitive matchmaking, I would advise not getting OP at all. I bought it and have played under 2 hours of it. It's just... not that fun. Unfortunately, now I always have to look at that little bronze globe next to my name.

kodt

Banned

I thought it was worth it. Favela and Seaside each are not bad defuse maps.

Thunder and Downtown are pretty fun hostage maps, remind me of old school CS.

Some shitty maps too, like Motel.

If you like playing hostage maps then get it, if you only want to play competitive maps that the proz play, then skip it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, it's worth getting. The maps are fun, and some of the money goes to the mappers who made them.

TheExodu5

Banned
I quit playing Operation Payback because everyone votes for Thunder. Awful map.

Favela is the best map of the bunch, and is super underplayed.

Uiki

Update later today, according to Cs:go server mailing list.

MIRAGE! MIRAGE!
Let's hope..
AGAIN

feel

Holy fuck, I just got an Overwatch option in the main menu to judge a video of a hack report and give my verdict. Dude was a blatant hacker so I sent him on his way to banville (ok maybe not, but hopefully with other Overwatchers giving the same report on the same case he gets hit with a ban pretty fast). This is cool.

edit- Didn't get the option to review a second case, the Overwatch thing just vanished now.

edit2- Got another after restarting the game.

Holy fuck, I just got an Overwatch option in the main menu to judge a video of a hack report and give my verdict. Dude was a blatant hacker so I sent him on his way to banville (ok maybe not, but hopefully with other Overwatchers giving the same report on the same case he gets hit with a ban pretty fast). This is cool.

edit- Didn't get the option to review a second case, the Overwatch thing just vanished now.

edit2- Got another after restarting the game.

Damn, I would kill for this. Let me deal out some justice Valve.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
This Overwatch thing is pretty cool! I wonder how many people are in this initial wave?

snack

Just spent some time reviewing cases, found a couple of hackers, but the majority are just griefers or very skilled people wrongly accused of hacking. Having fun doing this.
That is a sick feature. Cannot wait to try it myself. I've had it with hackers!

kodt

Banned
Just spent some time reviewing cases, found a couple of hackers, but the majority are just griefers or very skilled people wrongly accused of hacking. Having fun doing this.

I wonder what the result of being labeled "Minorly Disruptive" is. In MM those actions would be totally uncool, but in casual play it is almost expected to screw around.

Are these all from MM or from any game type?

Uiki

Beisde overwatch (which is awesome), I'm in love with the new crosshair commands. I can finally ditch the pink crosshair!

Zia

So, GO now has better numbers than 1.6 and Source. Honestly, I thought they'd dip dramatically after the free weekend, but it looks like some people made the switch.

Edit: Also, I love the idea of Overwatch and hope it cleans up the community a bit. It's currently worse than any I've ever participated in, including 1.6 and Dota 2.

MrKayle

I wonder what the result of being labeled "Minorly Disruptive" is. In MM those actions would be totally uncool, but in casual play it is almost expected to screw around.

Are these all from MM or from any game type?

as a person who likes to troll casual, this does not bode well

jokkir

How do you get up ladder room without boosting? I was playing comp just now and a guy just went up without anyones help. Caught my team off guard a bit.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
How do you get up ladder room without boosting? I was playing comp just now and a guy just went up without anyones help. Caught my team off guard a bit.

Vertigo? Valve patched it a while ago so you have to boost to get up the ladder. I have no idea how someone would do it by themselves now.

kodt

Banned
Vertigo? Valve patched it a while ago so you have to boost to get up the ladder. I have no idea how someone would do it by themselves now.

In 1.6 you could strafe jump from the fallen half of the ladder on the ground. I thought it was cool that a skilled strafe jumper could do it, but regular players could not.

Uiki

Release Notes for 5/29/2013

[ OVERWATCH ]

- Updated Overwatch FAQ (http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/)

- Overwatch case reviews will highlight kills and assists from The Suspect in kills feed.

- Overwatch case reviews will not record the team name when all five players play with their clan tag.

- Servers running with default setting sv_kick_players_with_cooldown 1 will not allow players convicted by Overwatch to play, setting it to 0 will allow convicted players to join.

[ STEAM BADGES ]

- Updated CS:GO Steam trading card art to their final designs and names

[ MISC ]

- Fixed an exploit with disconnecting and reconnecting players being able to respawn in the same round.

- Network interpolation and update convars can no longer be changed when playing. To configure these convars, players must not be connected to a server or must join the spectators.

- Enforced signature validation of game dlls and plugins. Clients launching with tampered dlls will be informed of the invalid signatures error, and will not be allowed to connect to VAC secure servers to avoid being VAC banned.

- Fixed a problem in the GOTV recorder that could result in some non-delayed data getting written into the recorded stream, causing playback artifacts.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Man how long does it take to remake Mirage :/

I think Wλve has some pretty good insight into this:

I'm sure they'll make a de_mirage_se for leagues. The fog on Militia was perfectly reasonable so I’m sure they’ve learnt from their previous mistakes.

The current Mirage has no 3D Skybox nor does it have any soundscapes, so that two jobs already. They're probably creating their own assets instead of using Cashed assets from Strike.
I expect they'll be converting many of the various brush based arches and crates into less expensive props. They'll probably be converting some of the architecture to make more sense for example changing the apartments in the underpass into something more realistic like a wine cellar or a basement.

It's only been a month and these things take a lot of time. I expect it'll at least take another month. If I was to take a guess at a release date I'd say it'll be released along with the next set of operation payback maps, or along with another demolition/arms race map.

KingKong

It hasn't only been a month though, they said they were still working on it a month ago. And this is Valve we're talking about, they have the resources. Even when they release it, that's still just one usable comp map since the game came out

TheExodu5

Banned
Is Overwatch in play yet or is it only coming soon? Can I apply to be a part of it?

Having a lot of fun with the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the players I face are hacking (I'm matching against Double-AK up to Eagle now).

Is Overwatch in play yet or is it only coming soon? Can I apply to be a part of it?

Having a lot of fun with the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the players I face are hacking (I'm matching against Double-AK up to Eagle now).
It's already working and you can't apply to become a Hacker Hunter, Valve picks people based on a few statistics (time played, reports files against you etc)

jordisok

In response to your Fry meme query, here's a chart of the comp MM ranks

I'll take that! :D Only played CS:S before and then only on the huge UKCS servers.

How do you guys/gals find competitive? Do you play with randoms or tend to play with people you know?

Nip vs Navi FaceIt semis http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv

get_right is using an autosniper :O

It's the grand final now. NiP vs Virtus.Pro. NiP just won the first map (Mirage). I think Inferno will be the next map.

How do you guys/gals find competitive? Do you play with randoms or tend to play with people you know?

If I have any of my three friends who play it online, I'll play with them. If not I'll just play alone with randoms.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

I always play with a mixture of randoms and people I know, even if it's just me and one other friend. I never go solo in comp anymore.

feel

Where did this rumor of Mirage getting officially into the Competitive matchmaking playlist come from?

And what's the one to download from workshop so I can walk around and get used to it? There's multiple ones, I assume they will all serve the purpose I have for them, but I'd rather have the best one.

TheExodu5

Banned
Still loving the game to bits but a few things are really killing it for me right now. One is hackers...but at least they're going at it with Overwatch which is great and about the best they could do.

My main issue is the apparent high-ping advantage. Players with high ping are not only difficult to hit because they can teleport when the interp fails, but they also inexplicably have a peek advantage. A high ping player can peak around a corner and you'll be dead by the time you see them since somehow their shots register before you. It's really annoying and it makes playing against Brazilian teams very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom