• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to find it cheaper in tf2outpost. Nothing so far.

I see it's a handful of people who jacked up the price of keys on the marketplace. I guess they are buying up any keys that are put up undercutting them and then relisting them at their high price. They must be counting on people not knowing the official price for keys and that those people assume the marketplace always has the lowest price. I wonder how many people have been taken? I've never seen this happen with TF2 crate keys before.

I think this is because valve corrected the regional pricing, preventing Brazilians and other countries from selling keys for more than they purchased but less than we have to pay

I'm in love with the mp7. It's pretty powerful, cheaper than the p90. Helps after a 1st round win to buy a nade or so, or armor if I didn't buy that first round (which almost never happens). Also if I die I'm not tremendously helping the other team.

My ability with p90 < other people's ability with p90

feel

I'm in love with the mp7. It's pretty powerful, cheaper than the p90. Helps after a 1st round win to buy a nade or so, or armor if I didn't buy that first round (which almost never happens). Also if I die I'm not tremendously helping the other team.

My ability with p90 < other people's ability with p90
I hate the guy that buys a P90 in the second round and then just rushes in looking for easy kills.

Buy a FAMAS/Galil/other-SMG you cunt, you know, something that can't easily be used by the guy that killed you 10 seconds in with a p250 to wipe the rest of us out!

I hate the guy that buys a P90 in the second round and then just rushes in looking for easy kills.

Buy a FAMAS/Galil/other-SMG you cunt, you know, something that can't easily be used by the guy that killed you 10 seconds in with a p250 to wipe the rest of us out!

yeah, too many times has that guy been the downfall of a match.

The most important item in anti-ecos is kevlar with helmet.

Uriah

I'm still crashing, and it always happens during a competitive match. Can't wait to see what my ban time is.

Edit: 7 days

Zeppelin

Matchmaking in this game is pretty fucking trash. Also, fuck not being able to surrender unless one of your team mates have dropped. Absolutely retarded.

Zeppelin

I don't like putting myself at the mercy of my enemies by leaving myself open to being gibbed.

Pretty much. Not buying armour + helmet second round after winning first is insane. It should be the first item you buy every round you're buying (second after deff kit if you're CT).

TheExodu5

Banned
Loving the USP so much. You need to go for headshots with it as it is deadly on that first shot. Not sure how I feel about the silenced M4 yet. It's definitely more deadly than the default M4, but the smaller clip is a huge downside. It's offset a bit by the fact that the AUG is at least available for reasonably cheap if you need a larger clip.

By the way, is there any point to taking off the silencer on the USP/M4? Do they do more damage? Is the unsilenced M4A1-S the same as the regular M4A1 (other than the clip size)?

Matchmaking was odd yesterday...I ended up getting paired with a bunch of gold stars and even a silver. Needless to say, I destroyed.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Matchmaking in this game is pretty fucking trash. Also, fuck not being able to surrender unless one of your team mates have dropped. Absolutely retarded.
If you're in a lobby with several other similarly-ranked players and you're searching for one of the more popular maps, you're probably going to get matched against a balanced team.

If, however, you and your badge buddies are searching for Militia at 5 AM and actually get a match going, then lol.

By the way, is there any point to taking off the silencer on the USP/M4? Do they do more damage? Is the unsilenced M4A1-S the same as the regular M4A1 (other than the clip size)?
USP does more damage with the silencer off, dunno about M4.

KingKong

Anyone else having network problems? Cant refresh server browser (but it shows servers in history), comp matchmaking timer keeps going up and casual matchmaking wont connect

KingKong

Also I can't wait for them to introduce some kind of crafting/disassembling, not sure what it would do to the market but why bother paying 2 bucks for a nametag for any gun thats not a Stat Trak with a nice skin?

Also I can't wait for them to introduce some kind of crafting/disassembling, not sure what it would do to the market but why bother paying 2 bucks for a nametag for any gun thats not a Stat Trak with a nice skin?

I'm sure it's coming. it's also the reason I'm no longer selling my shitty drops that are worth like 10 cents.

Anyone having a problem with the game just feeling really janky with all these updates? I think the big map update patch did it. No FPS drop just janky, jerky people teleporting. Really bothers me.

TheExodu5

Banned
Anyone having a problem with the game just feeling really janky with all these updates? I think the big map update patch did it. No FPS drop just janky, jerky people teleporting. Really bothers me.

Haven't noticed anything here...just one player in particular today.

Pretty annoyed right now with my rank. I feel like I should be ranking up, even though I'm winning about 50% of my games. When I lose I'm still topping the charts...I keep getting stuck with some people who never should be the rank they are.

edit: now I play with 4 Distinguished Master Guardians...I top the charts by a long shot and I'm still Master Guardian Elite. -_-

TheExodu5

Banned
Ive been having odd micro pauses here and their, its been annoying ..... never used to do it.

I'm having microstutters but I don't know if it's related to the game or my somewhat problematic PSU. I just limit my framerate to 150 instead of 300 to lessen the load on my videocard and that's solved my issues (fps_max 150).

Threi

notag
Mine seems to pause for a second right before the killing shot to me/the other player registers. Dunno what causes it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Ive been having odd micro pauses here and their, its been annoying ..... never used to do it.

Same. It's really been fucking me over, especially in firefights.

I'm having microstutters but I don't know if it's related to the game or my somewhat problematic PSU. I just limit my framerate to 150 instead of 300 to lessen the load on my videocard and that's solved my issues (fps_max 150).

Are you putting that in the console or autoexec.cfg?

feel

I get bad micro-stuttering in workshop maps but it's buttery smooth when playing valve maps. I have no idea why it's like that.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
It just means Operation Payback: Season 2 will be starting soon, probably Wednesday or Thursday. So let's start speculating which maps will be in it! My guesses include:

Cambodia
Chinatown
Gwalior
East Borough
Print
Ruins

I wouldn't be surprised if Valve pulls a Library and includes a less-than-serious map like Cheesefire. I am assuming they will do eight, which is what they intended to do last time (with Pool Day being the deleted eighth).

Note: I am deliberately leaving out maps like Cache, Season, Mill, and any other competitive maps, as I'm assuming Valve would rather eventually make them official, like they did with Mirage. I'm also leaving out Siege, as there are probably some legal issues preventing its inclusion (specifically, unlike Thunder, it still ships with 1.6).

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I would kill for Miami from the original Xbox version. I loved that map so much. There's a remake up on the workshop but I don't know how good it is.

Uiki

It just means Operation Payback: Season 2 will be starting soon, probably Wednesday or Thursday. So let's start speculating which maps will be in it! My guesses include:

Cambodia
Chinatown
Gwalior
East Borough
Print
Ruins

I wouldn't be surprised if Valve pulls a Library and includes a less-than-serious map like Cheesefire. I am assuming they will do eight, which is what they intended to do last time (with Pool Day being the deleted eighth).

Note: I am deliberately leaving out maps like Cache, Season, Mill, and any other competitive maps, as I'm assuming Valve would rather eventually make them official, like they did with Mirage. I'm also leaving out Siege, as there are probably some legal issues preventing its inclusion (specifically, unlike Thunder, it still ships with 1.6).

There's was a semi-confirmation about cache going official from the creator about a month ago.

Do you think that they are going to do an operation whatever with the same rules as before (casual and stuff)?

I hope to see something crazy. Like competitive maps on a 5v5 setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom