• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
First competitive matchmaking game under my belt. 1 win. Sort of got carried through it though although I didn't feed kills at least. Ended up with score of 13-9 or something and 3 MVP stars. Still bottom of the scoreboard for our team though. That was awesome fun, was a far different experience to casual matchmaking.

Learnt that I know absolutely stuff all competitive lingo such as map locations so I am going to have to find some guides or something that explains this stuff. The map was Inferno. I knew Banana and Apartments and that was it. Stuff like second mid and that I had to ask about. Felt a bit dumb. I think I will go learn some more of this stuff before I join another game, otherwise I am just making it harder for the 4 randoms I join in with.

It's not a bad idea to look up some of the maps beforehand, but you'll pick it up as you go. I've been playing cs for like 12 years now and I didn't know what Goose was in d2 until a year or so ago.

Uiki

First competitive matchmaking game under my belt. 1 win. Sort of got carried through it though although I didn't feed kills at least. Ended up with score of 13-9 or something and 3 MVP stars. Still bottom of the scoreboard for our team though. That was awesome fun, was a far different experience to casual matchmaking.

Learnt that I know absolutely stuff all competitive lingo such as map locations so I am going to have to find some guides or something that explains this stuff. The map was Inferno. I knew Banana and Apartments and that was it. Stuff like second mid and that I had to ask about. Felt a bit dumb. I think I will go learn some more of this stuff before I join another game, otherwise I am just making it harder for the 4 randoms I join in with.

5v5 is the way to play cs.

For map callouts you can check the upper left of your screen (over the radar).

It sucks because it's distracting but for starters it's a good way to learn them.

One thing that is starting to annoy me, which annoyed me in TF2, is the way stat trak works. Instead of getting stat trak weapons directly out of cases, stat traks should come in the form of mods, which you can choose to add to whatever weapon you want. I am stuck using the ugly purple SG553, because it has stat trak, instead of the better looking Tornado, or even the default one. It's the same in TF2, how you can't use your unusual or genuine quality items if you want to track your kills.

As for the decoy kill, it didn't have it's own kill icon in the video. I believe the picture is off a flashbang kill, not a decoy one.

I thought TF2 added an item that lets you make a weapon into strange quality?

dCEqNYF.png

Hope so. On the cosmetic side of things I still want them to add the rest of the icons. I didn't get my 5 year medal but I do have a Global Sentinel Level 5 badge I'd like to display in game.

Where would these name plates go I wonder? Next to the StatTrak?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Immediately upon gaining my 150th win, I was awarded with the ability to partake in the Overwatch beta. So fucking happy. Can't wait to eke out some sweet justice.

First case, evident beyond a reasonable doubt.

yea-fuck-yea.gif

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Chemistry_Set
They've just added this yesterday, it allows you to craft "strangifiers".

Seems like they will let you upgrade hats and other misc items to strange quality. Not my AWPer hand though.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Valve messed up the credits:

they somehow 1) patched the music out and 2) watching the credits then going back to the main menu then joining a lobby has you join the lobby but still shows the main menu.

c'mon son.

MrKayle

Not just crash. I mean the power goes out in my tower and everything

software executable shouldn't be shutting down your PC unless you instruct it to do so. perhaps your CPU or GPU's thermals are going dangerous, but CSGO shouldn't be the only app that can do this (assuming you play other 3D games)

Uriah

software executable shouldn't be shutting down your PC unless you instruct it to do so. perhaps your CPU or GPU's thermals are going dangerous, but CSGO shouldn't be the only app that can do this (assuming you play other 3D games)
That's what makes it so strange. Its only CS:GO. I play plenty of more graphically intensive games without a problem.

garath

Pretty glad I sold my weapon crate for 1.75 last week. The price has tanked apparently.

Keys going up a little bit. Guess crates are dropping more or something.

feel

I've gotten 5 (five!) scratched to hell Faded Zebra M4A4s from opening cases. I should stop opening cases now..

Sparse

Release Notes for 8/29/2013

[UI]
- Added ability to rename a weapon’s name with a custom engraved nameplate via Name Tags.
- Simplified trading with other players by adding a Start Chat button to CS:GO profiles.

[GAMEPLAY]
- Chicken changes based on pro feedback:
-- Reduced chicken sounds dBs and volume.
-- Reduced idle clucking rate.
-- Reduced range that scares chickens when running.

[MISC]
- Adjusted Weapon Case Key and Payback Pass prices for foreign currencies based on current international exchange rates.
- Fixed an issue causing poor rendering performance, especially for SLI/Crossfire users.
- Fixed M4A4 loadout selection not saving correctly between sessions.
- Fixed competitive round backups restoring M4A1-S as M4A4 and USP-S as P2000.
- Fixed observers seeing smoke screen overlay when a smoke grenade popped on their last alive position.
- Fixed bomb activate/plant/defuse sounds not playing if the bomb was out of view
- Fixed Payback Coin description incorrectly displaying the number of hours logged in game.
- Fixed missing localization for Payback map maker Coins.
- Fixed an empty item panel sometimes showing on the scoreboard.
- Fixed Elite world model physics.
- Added flipping sound to inspecting the Desert Eagle.

lol I love that there was pro feedback on chickens. Feels like it's something they can just easily remove but they just have their hearts set on it.

This week’s update introduces a new element to the Arms Deal – Name Tags. Send a message to the CS:GO community by attaching a personalized name plate to the decorated weapon of your choice!
CSGO_NameTag.jpg

To purchase a Name Tag and rename your weapon, just select ‘Rename’ after selecting a weapon in the inventory. The weapon’s name will appear throughout the game, and will show up as a special name plate attached to the weapon itself.

feel

Dat chicken balancing, love it.

Still no fix for the UI bug with the grenades overlapping? (forgive me if I'm blind and missed it)

Been having a pretty lucky streak with servers where I for the most part actually hit what I aim at. Had some good games. But now I got ranked up to Supreme Master First Class... Can't wait to have to point out to whiny man children that I can hardly help what skill group I am in.

How long until I can spend $4.99 to replace chickens with kittens

Honestly, that's not a bad idea for a cosmetic skin. They should add some cosmetic items for the player models too. Just not anything that would endanger the balance of the game. Just stuff like glasses, masks, bandages, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom