• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be thankful for people like that. They fund our game. Same people in Dota 2 baffle me, but I love them. I would never spend more than $5 on cosmetic stuff for a game (I only did that in TF2 so I could get a premium account).

By all means if he had the funds to open a shit tonne of crates or just directly buy from the market place then more power to him. It was just a bit of a shock, every time I looked at him he had a different Stat Trak weapon equipped. Was quite funny. Was a bit of a show off in the end I think, but hey, it was entertaining.

I will admit I am tempted myself to get a Stat Trak AK, but I am waiting for the next crates to appear in hope that the current Red Laminate AK drops in value a bit.

DOTA 2, I'm not terrible and spend as much as a lot of others, but I have a few ~$20 items and I have spent more then I would like to admit on chests :( Probably why I don't open them in GO, it has never paid off for me, ever.

I'm having trouble figuring out the point of the scout.

I mean, I know it's cheap, but what's the point of a sniper rifle that doesn't kill in 1 hit? I find it to be more of a liability than anything.

TheExodu5

Banned
Had one pretty fantastic game earlier.

g6lNHjM.png

Maybe I'll make eagle some day.

psn

That really does help, thanks for posting.

With that said.... does anyone wanna trade a M4A1 skin for my jungle tiger M4A4 skin? :)

I opened 3 cases last week, and got 3 m4a1 skins... But I sold them all on the same day :( If I get a skin in the next cases I would definitely trade it with you.

Uiki

I'm having trouble figuring out the point of the scout.

I mean, I know it's cheap, but what's the point of a sniper rifle that doesn't kill in 1 hit? I find it to be more of a liability than anything.

High movement speed + high shooting speed/low recoil recover time..means that you can peek, shoot, peek way faster than an awp.

Being that cheap makes it actually a really good buy for people who can shoot heads with it.

psn

High movement speed + high shooting speed/low recoil recover time..means that you can peek, shoot, peek way faster than an awp.

Being that cheap makes it actually a really good buy for people who can shoot heads with it.

True, but more useful for terrorists imo, because you can't handle a short / long / b rush with the ssg08.. Dropping the price to 2000$ along with the buffs makes it useful again.

Martian

The scout is my sniper/weapon after 2 rounds of choice. Depends on the map of course, but in militia as CT, dust2 as T/CT, Italy as CT it can be very effective

True, but more useful for terrorists imo, because you can't handle a short / long / b rush with the ssg08.. Dropping the price to 2000$ along with the buffs makes it useful again.

Really? If I were to use it (messed around with it yesterday) I'd use it on CT. If I want to snipe without an AWP on T I'll just use the AK and fire 1 shot at a time.

NiP vs NiP showmatch at IOS

NiP 2005
Emil "HeatoN" Christensen
Tommy "Potti" Ingemarsson
Marcus "zet" Sundström
Christer "fisker" Eriksson
Michael "ahl" Korduner

NiP 2013
Christopher "GeT_RiGhT" Alesund
Patrik "f0rest" Lindberg
Richard "Xizt" Landström
Adam "friberg" Friberg
Robin "Fifflaren" Johansson

Inferno Online is celebrating yet another milestone in its history with a showmatch between Ninjas in Pyjamas' current team and the one that represented the organisation back in 2005.

Inferno Online is celebrating its expansion to a second LAN center in Södermalm, a district in central Stockholm, and has come up with a great idea to keep every eSport enthusiast glued to the screen on Saturday.

There will be a showmatch, played in both 1.6 and CS:GO, between NiP's current team, without a doubt the number-one side in the world right now, and the one that played for the organisation in 2005.

We are talking about players that made history in Counter-Strike, such as Emil "HeatoN" Christensen, Tommy "Potti" Ingemarsson and Marcus "zet" Sundström.

The showmatch will be played on Saturday and will be streamed by NiPTV's own Anders Blume, joined by Auguste "Semmler" Massonnat from the GD studio. The starting time of this contest will be revealed later this week.

This is gonna be great.

psn

Really? If I were to use it (messed around with it yesterday) I'd use it on CT. If I want to snipe without an AWP on T I'll just use the AK and fire 1 shot at a time.

I would definitely use it as T, because when I play CT, the T's are mostly rushing. And I can't kill 3-5 guys rushing long / short with it. Maybe on B its more useful, but on A, I wouldn't buy it :)) But it's just me, maybe it fits your play-style :)

Martian

I still dont have the feel with the Deagle I used to have in CS:S, I don't know what it is. Perhaps I just need more practise with it, but I don't have the feeling it gives me an edge over using another pistol.
Maybe it's less accurate compared to CS:S, but it still hasn't made me feel powerful using it

I would definitely use it as T, because when I play CT, the T's are mostly rushing. And I can't kill 3-5 guys rushing long / short with it. Maybe on B its more useful, but on A, I wouldn't buy it :)) But it's just me, maybe it fits your play-style :)

Yeah that's true. I'll play with it some more when I get home from work today but I've never had much success with the Scout, even in 1.6.

I still dont have the feel with the Deagle I used to have in CS:S, I don't know what it is. Perhaps I just need more practise with it, but I don't have the feeling it gives me an edge over using another pistol.
Maybe it's less accurate compared to CS:S, but it still hasn't made me feel powerful using it

It definitely feels off. I used to love using the Deagle in 1.6 but it does not feel as strong or accurate as it used to be. Could be my imagination, but we're not the only people that feel this way.

psn

It definitely feels off. I used to love using the Deagle in 1.6 but it does not feel as strong or accurate as it used to be. Could be my imagination, but we're not the only people that feel this way.

The deagle is useless at the moment, p250 all the way. I loved the deagle in 1.6, cs:s and in the beginning at cs:go, but they nerfed it so hard that its quite useless... 1 sec cooldown, so you basically need to wait 1 sec after every shot.

VeryGames vs Fnatic LIVE

That is awesome. I have a feeling 2013 will take it though.

Anything else would be shocking. I wish we could get to see some even more old school players, like Medion, Vesslan, Hyb.

The deagle is useless at the moment, p250 all the way. I loved the deagle in 1.6, cs:s and in the beginning at cs:go, but they nerfed it so hard that its quite useless... 1 sec cooldown, so you basically need to wait 1 sec after every shot.

After the recent (slight) buff to the deagle, it's in a better place. But I too prefer the P250 or the 57. Some people still prefer the deagle though. Even in the competitive scene you see the deagle every once in a while. And I guess that is kind of what Valve is trying to do. Back in the day, deagle was way to overpowered compared to the other pistols. Unless a full eco, you'd never see any other pistols at all.

VeryGames vs Fnatic LIVE

Anything else would be shocking. I wish we could get to see some even more old school players, like Medion, Vesslan, Hyb.

After the recent (slight) buff to the deagle, it's in a better place. But I too prefer the P250 or the 57. Some people still prefer the deagle though. Even in the competitive scene you see the deagle every once in a while. And I guess that is kind of what Valve is trying to do. Back in the day, deagle was way to overpowered compared to the other pistols. Unless a full eco, you'd never see any other pistols at all.

Man, I haven't watched pro CS since the old days. I forgot how awesome it is. I love how the new spactate mode has that glow around the players so you can see them behind walls and stuff.

64 tick is awful.

Lack of maps is awful in competitive.

I hate the fact they went to microtransactions to keep the numbers up rather than old fashioned support - the one they used to be famed for.

cs:s was ignored for like 3 years

It was. Completely untouched. CS GO is so much better than it was at launch just a year ago and little of that has to do with cosmetics. I'm glad they figured out a good revenue stream for CS GO cause this game wasn't ever gonna be a big money maker no matter how good it was.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
64 tick is awful.

Lack of maps is awful in competitive.

I hate the fact they went to microtransactions to keep the numbers up rather than old fashioned support - the one they used to be famed for.

What if they combined completely optional microtransactions that have proven to be a huge success in TF2 and Dota 2 with old fashioned support?

Because that's exactly what they're doing.

In regards to maps, I also want more. Thankfully, Valve is working on that, too.

TheExodu5

Banned
Wow the fov in 1.6 is tiny.

You know, watching this, I've come to realize how much I love GO. I think it's a better game than 1.6 ever was. The fact that Valve is actually willing to balance the game properly is a big deal. That and smoke grenades. If only Valve would implement 128 tick pro servers...

twofold

Eh, I wouldn't say GO is better than 1.6. Just different.

Watching this game reminded me of how much better 1.6's movement mechanics are, though. I hope Valve tweak the movement to be more 1.6-like.

Hip Hop

Are they ever adding more maps to Arms Race?

That is pretty much all I play, along with Demolition.

Would like more than 3 maps.

Haines

Banned
I like a couple of good arms race matches as warmups. It would be nice to add another 2 or 3 maps in rotation.

You dont need to warm up. Que up and roll out.

Anyways after 1000 hours, Im pretty much finished with this game. Im sure Valve will add some updates and when I feel like coming back in like 6 months, Ill check them out. Till than, Im off to discover this whole DOTA 2 thing for a while...oh and all dem wiiu holiday games..yum,

My review.

GO is extremely under rated and I think a lot of people who fear CS should play it, matchmaking helps even the teams out.

Get right addressed that in the same interview, a few minutes later.

Listening to find out.

Is this the x amount of people can't even run this game at 60 fps thing?

Edit: So 128 tick would mean those with good computers would have a great time playing matchmaking and it wouldn't affect those with no so great computers.

But we're handicapped instead.

There was a time Valve would just offer the "best" product (as reasonably possible).

Just don't understand considering they're monetised with Pinion. Maybe market/key sales can go to upgrading them.

Spending double on servers only 40% would benefit from doesn't seem like something any developer would do especially when there are plenty of community servers available.

Valve aren't any other developer.

They already monetise their servers with pinion.

Plus they have other revenue streams from the selling of keys/marketplace activity - the game pays for itself it seems already.

It's about delivering the best experience for those that have purchased your game (reasonably).

60% was a figure Get Right made up - even if it's that high, 40% still isn't an insignificant amount of people that are left to have a diminished gaming experience.

Just a shame they've made that decision.

Also, just taking a glance at server providers, it's around £2 more - no where near double the price.

TheExodu5

Banned
cl_crosshair_drawoutline 1
cl_crosshair_outlinethickness 0-3

I wish TF2 had that as a regular cvar, getting two tone crosshairs in that game is much more of an ordeal.

Thanks!

Question about ESEA...can I pub with friends on my team? Or does it randomize the teams by necessity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom