• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the "V" in grey. Also last two days have been abysmal for me. Not sure if mentally I just haven't been there but seems like I get killed first in every firefight. Today was very frustrating. Does't it suck when you don't think your doing anything different but just cant get a kill?

yeah right, you probably lost your accounts due to cheating :p

EVERYONE CHEATS!!!! *rage quit*

was going to ring with a team on mIRC, and they were like 'hey dood, join our Steam group and we'll invite you into our Ventrilo from there'. I signed in and immediately went 'oh i'm an idiot'. I was Logged out of steam, password was already changed. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Well after using up all my drops for a week I said screw it and bought a case from the market and...
1024x819.resizedimage
DING DING DING!
StatTrak M4A1-S Dark Water Minimal Wear worth over 30 on the market right now. I'm tempted to sell it since I'm sure it will never be this high again but I think I'll hold onto it and sell my not StatTrak dark water skin,

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Well after using up all my drops for a week I said screw it and bought a case from the market and...

DING DING DING!
StatTrak M4A1-S Dark Water Minimal Wear worth over 30 on the market right now. I'm tempted to sell it since I'm sure it will never be this high again but I think I'll hold onto it and sell my not StatTrak dark water skin,

Sell it now, rebuy it when the value goes down.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Just had a match where one guy was sniping us in the head constantly with a nova (100 ping) and then the rest of their team joined in. Absolutely made me want to quit GO, because they clearly refuse to balance it.

Sell it all. The knives do nothing for me considering how you rarely get kills with them.

you can get a game out of a bunch of pixels.

nova isn't overpowered, its the patented netcode and 64 tick you need to be concerned with.

Well I put 20 in my Steam Wallet so I can have money for keys whenever I get a drop so I'm keeping it. I love cosmetic stuff if it's a game I really enjoy. I don't play many games so I don''t mind splurging on one.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
It is overpowered. Horribly so.

It's a good early round/light buy weapon, and like any shotgun, does lots of damage at close-to-close/mid range. It has a tight spread, which is why it's able to land headshots the way it does; even so, up against an AK or M4? The gun ain't OP.

Martian

Sooo, is it worth it to keep a crate at the side? If the next batch of crates come out, the old one goes away right? Prices will go up?

Only crates.

Ok thanks. Wonder if they will tweak drop rates. Especially crates. Dota 2 you get stacks of them. Makes it much easier to be tempted to open them.

Finally starting to get some form back after not playing CS for about 2 years. I hated CSS and 1.6 got limited to pretty much 1 24/7 Dust 2 server in Australia. Still terrible at peaking, always coming out too far but definitely improving in my accuracy. Galil is an awesome weapon too.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It's a good early round/light buy weapon, and like any shotgun, does lots of damage at close-to-close/mid range. It has a tight spread, which is why it's able to land headshots the way it does; even so, up against an AK or M4? The gun ain't OP.
We were defeating a team handily, and that's when they switched to novas and became unstoppable. When someone is sniping me in the head with one from connector while I'm in the pit, it's overpowered. Everyone was cracking up and admitting just how overpowered it is.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
May I ask what skill group you are in? I never see anyone using any of the shotguns except in anti-ecos or semi-ecos. Not since they nerfed the Mag-7 at least.
Well I was a double ak, and that's playing with friends/roommates who aren't that great. But then we ran into a few shotty teams. What rank are you?

bs000

No, I mean like if crate series #2 comes out. #1 will stop dropping right? So if you have one of series 1, the prices will go up?

For TF2 crates, the majority never go up in price. There are a few exceptions where a particular crate contains a more valuable, highly sought after item that would make it worth more. For example, Crate Series #19 has a chance of dropping a Strange Grenade Launcher (in addition to the chance of dropping an Unusual hat), which is worth around $6 in keys. Even then, that crate only sells for around 1 key/$2.

Crate Series #1 in TF2 sells for around 1 key/$2, and it's mostly because it has a chance of dropping black/white paint which sell for around 1 key/$2. Also, perhaps for the novelty for being #1. It used to be cheaper, but it's taken 3 years for it to crawl up to the price it is now.

The prices of the current weapon cases are likely the highest they will ever be. There's always a possibility they'll go back up in price, but even then, you'll be waiting many years for that to happen.

Well I was a double ak, and that's playing with friends/roommates who aren't that great. But then we ran into a few shotty teams. What rank are you?

Currently Legendary Eagle Master (big eagle). Leveled up from Distinguished Master Guardian (sheriff) the last two weeks after playing a lot with friends before the summer.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Currently Legendary Eagle Master (big eagle). Leveled up from Distinguished Master Guardian (sheriff) the last two weeks after playing a lot with friends before the summer.
Nice. Are your friends good? For one of the guys I play with, it's literally his first shooter game ever. I always wonder how I'd do with a good team, but the challenge can be fun.

Nice. Are your friends good? For one of the guys I play with, it's literally his first shooter game ever. I always wonder how I'd do with a good team, but the challenge can be fun.

Sorry, I am tired, that was poorly worded. My friends are all worse than me. They are the reason why I was distinguished master guardian, because I was almost exclusively playing with them before the summer. Before I started playing with them i was bouncing back and forth between legendary eagle and legendary eagle master. I got back to legendary eagle master after playing alone lately. None of them have come back to cs since the summer break yet. I prefer playing with them than randoms though. One of them is pretty new to shooters, and every time he gets a headshot, spontaneous celebration erupts on mumble. So much fun.

Does anyone know how the cosmetics rate in terms of rarity? Factory New, Minimal Wear, Well-Worn etc.

EDIT: Thanks for below response. I had to assume to Factory New was the top, but everything under that is confusing! Well-worn and battle scared both sound pretty worn :p

Thanks

Does anyone know how the cosmetics rate in terms of rarity? Factory New, Minimal Wear, Well-Worn etc.

EDIT: Thanks for below response. I had to assume to Factory New was the top, but everything under that is confusing! Well-worn and battle scared both sound pretty worn :p

Thanks

Honestly, well worn seems like the rarest to me. I don't think I've seen a single one yet. Minimal wear is the one I get the most, followed by field tested, factory new, battle scarred, then well worn.

In terms of which terms indicates the most wear, I believe it is (in increasing order) factory new, minimal wear, field tested, well worn, battle scarred.

Suddenly my CS:GO items are missing :s Including operation payback token. What the hell.

EDIT: Nevermind, seems to be happening to alot of people at the moment.

EDIT 2: I really wish I could break the habit of spamming Q. And also instantly reloading all the time. Lost track of how many times I have died due to one of those two reasons, or barely escaped then been pretty much useless the rest of the round.

feel

Do many people here go into competitive SOLO? Is it a recipe for disaster?
I do it often. You get paired with rude people who also can't play for shit, and then some cool people willing to teamwork and that give you props if you did well in a round, you lose some then you win some. It's not so bad.

edit-
though I usually hang around the "AK icon" ranks, don't know what the solo experience is like above that or below.

I do it often. You get paired with rude people who also can't play for shit, and then some cool people willing to teamwork and that give you props if you did well in a round, you lose some then you win some. It's not so bad.

edit-
though I usually hang around the "AK icon" ranks, don't know what the solo experience is like above that or below.

Thanks for your input. I have only ever played one competitive match in GO before so I would be starting from the bottom. No idea how the ranking system works yet but that is what I am interested in. Sadly very few of my gamer friends touch CS these days so solo is really the only way to go until I make some friends in-game. Guess I have no choice but to just bite the bullet and see how I go.

when I solo rank as badge/2ak, you get some really good players sometimes. But it's nice because you get to spec players that are far better than yourself!

When I'm with my buddies at like 4starts/1ak, it's completely hit or miss. Trolls aplenty sometimes, and I do the Negev trolling a lot as well when we're coasting.

Unfortunately couldn't play last night as my internet was being a pain in the ass but I spent some time setting up an autoexec. From memory I just added basic stuff like;

Mouse sensitivity, Cross-hair size, colour, thickness etc, Rates, Radar settings and max fps.

The guide I was reading went incredibly in-depth with all the options you can change but for now I think the above should be enough.

Recently began playing on a Warcraft 3 mod server. I used to enjoy it in 1.6, but man, it has changed a lot. I remember there being like 6 classes, but now there's a ton! At least 30, probably more. Some of them are knife only classes. It's almost too much at this point.

Server is run by Syndicate Gaming:
64.31.26.108:27015

I had to turn off voice chat because the players are really loud and obnoxious. Playing TF2 on the GAF server really spoiled me; it's really jarring to hear people call each other faggots and drop racial slurs all over the place now.

New Item Schematic found in the files.

"This item will rename a weapon. A custom engraved nameplate will be applied to the weapon and viewable in game."

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

"This item will rename a weapon. A custom engraved nameplate will be applied to the weapon and viewable in game."

Makes sense if they are going to introduce the full gamut of TF2 tools.

also LOL didn't know the decoy had its own kill icon.

Makes sense if they are going to introduce the full gamut of TF2 tools.

also LOL didn't know the decoy had its own kill icon.

One thing that is starting to annoy me, which annoyed me in TF2, is the way stat trak works. Instead of getting stat trak weapons directly out of cases, stat traks should come in the form of mods, which you can choose to add to whatever weapon you want. I am stuck using the ugly purple SG553, because it has stat trak, instead of the better looking Tornado, or even the default one. It's the same in TF2, how you can't use your unusual or genuine quality items if you want to track your kills.

As for the decoy kill, it didn't have it's own kill icon in the video. I believe the picture is off a flashbang kill, not a decoy one.

First competitive matchmaking game under my belt. 1 win. Sort of got carried through it though although I didn't feed kills at least. Ended up with score of 13-9 or something and 3 MVP stars. Still bottom of the scoreboard for our team though. That was awesome fun, was a far different experience to casual matchmaking.

Learnt that I know absolutely stuff all competitive lingo such as map locations so I am going to have to find some guides or something that explains this stuff. The map was Inferno. I knew Banana and Apartments and that was it. Stuff like second mid and that I had to ask about. Felt a bit dumb. I think I will go learn some more of this stuff before I join another game, otherwise I am just making it harder for the 4 randoms I join in with.

feel

Hey is that a p250 on the ground or a p2000? Let me mouse over it

Pick up "Suck my dick n***** f*****"

oh ok..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom