• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

Question about ESEA...can I pub with friends on my team? Or does it randomize the teams by necessity?

If they're on your friends list the server will try it's best to put you together when it scrambles the teams, but there will most certainly be times when you will be mixed up due to the server trying its best to place people of equal skill against each other based on their RWS score and the opposing team needs someone less skilled/more skilled.

The game hit 50k users today. I think that's a new high. May be why the servers keep crashing? I've been able to play classic casual without issue.

Zemm

Spending double on servers only 40% would benefit from doesn't seem like something any developer would do especially when there are plenty of community servers available.

If they want it to be the best competitive game it could be they should. I would love to know the "true" number, that being the competitive players, the ones that queue competitive matchmaking, play on ESEA, play in clans and so on, that benefit from 128 tick, I bet it's atleast double that 40%. I know zero people who wouldn't benefit from it and I know loads that play CS GO and then the streamers I watch too. The game is just annoying playing on 64 tick at times, like CoD killcam annoying.

They can keep the 64k tick deathmatch/arm race, casual competitive servers, just give us proper servers for competitive.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Hey buddy they can either work on 2 dollar nametags or servers. It's a free game anyway you can't complain
oh wait

If I had to guess, they either ran into some technical problems, are getting the servers ready for Operation Payback 2, or both.

If they want it to be the best competitive game it could be they should. I would love to know the "true" number, that being the competitive players, the ones that queue competitive matchmaking, play on ESEA, play in clans and so on, that benefit from 128 tick, I bet it's atleast double that 40%. I know zero people who wouldn't benefit from it and I know loads that play CS GO and then the streamers I watch too. The game is just annoying playing on 64 tick at times, like CoD killcam annoying.

They can keep the 64k tick deathmatch/arm race, casual competitive servers, just give us proper servers for competitive.

12 player 64 tick is £7.63

12 player 128 tick is £9.93 on gameservers.com

feel

They could even put an advertisement in the corner of the screen during warmup round or something if money for the 128tick upgrade is really an issue and they don't wanna fragment the playerbase, just get it done.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
When I join a server I'm greeted with an advert for something. It's already been monetised.

Pinion white label servers. The way around the annoying video ads is easy. Navigate to:

SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg

create a file in there called Autoexec.cfg. Open it in Notepad and put this in:

cl_disablehtmlmotd 1

Save it. Set the file to Read-only. Done.

Sanjay

Amazing funny moment, there were 3 other guys who also missed him.
issEZOOcjRjrJ.png

Zemm

So annoying when you get an obvious cheater (not "good player let's cry cheats" but "I'm really really obvious please report me") in competitive. What a waste of time that match is. Cheats + 64k tick servers = the bane of this game.

Crafting is coming

Item_name: "Arms Deal Collection Contract"
Item_description: In exchange for 10 Arms Deal Collection items of identical quality, you will receive a single Arms Deal Collection item of a quality one higher than the items you provided.

Yesterday I had something weird, was playing Train as CT and I spawned 10 meters above the playing field. Everything was black, couldn't see anything but I could walk and run and I used the radar to go to A - B connector, the 2 T's there looked up, stopped for a second and shot me.

Really weird bug.

KingKong

They really should just add community maps permanently like TF2 does. Sell another crate with map themed guns to pay the creators

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
There aren't map makers.

There are mapmakers both at Valve and in the community working on new content. Or is this supposed to be sarcastic and I'm missing it?

Also, the "priorities" comment is getting old. In this case, all it means is crafting is ready to ship, whereas a new map might not be.

Just gets to a point where even expressing dissatisfaction with aspects of a game cannot be accepted.

Would love if they would put more energy into adding meaningful content to this game. I wouldn't even mind paying for new maps created by valve.

But alas, it's not happening any time soon.

It's accepted it's just every now and then a poster comes in here and does nothing but complain about the game endlessly and it makes me feel like I'm on the steam forums.

Zemm

They have the Operation stuff that they could use to add maps, if something is good on there then they could add it to competitive. I don't think any of those last maps were good enough though. Any news on the next Operation btw?

The Contract's Out
Today’s update brings several adjustments and bug fixes, and adds a new element to the Arms Deal: contracts. The first contract can be found in your in-game inventory.
CSGO_Contract
The Arms Deal Contract will allow you to exchange 10 Arms Deal Collection items of identical quality for a single Arms Deal Collection item of a quality one tier higher.
CSGO_Arms_Deal_Collection

Ready to fulfill your contract? Head over to your inventory and open the Arms Deal Contract to get started. You’ll see a filtered list of all of your eligible items. If you’re a few items shy of a full contract, check out the Marketplace and see what’s available!
[CONTRACTS]
- Added the Arms Deal Contract, allowing players to exchange items from the Arms Deal case.
-- Use the Arms Deal Contract to exchange 10 of your Arms Deal Collection items of identical quality for a single Arms Deal Collection item of a quality one tier higher. Note: Knives are not part of collections.

[ARMS DEAL]
- It is now possible to use Name Tags on stock/default items.

[UI]
- Clan tags are now displayed in the lobby.

[GAMEPLAY]
- Players can now only purchase 1 smoke grenade per round.
- Synchronized M4A1 and M4A4 reload completion event with visual magazine insertion and sound effect.
- Improved some bad cases of player radar visibility through smoke volumes.
- Enemy target IDs now only appear when the crosshair is over a target player's hitboxes instead of their overall bounding box.
- Looking at a weapon in-game (default F) no longer interrupts attaching or detaching silencers.

[MISC]
- The kill panel now correctly displays item rarity and owner.
- Kill panel damage given and received stats no longer add damage from before a player took over a bot.
- Fixed weapon inventory hud flashing when it didn't find the selected weapon in edge cases where you just threw a grenade.
- Fixed hud inventory not refreshing properly in some cases when picking up a flashbang.
- Fixed a bug that reported "hltv_changed_target" as an unused event in the console.
- Fixed weapon icons appearing dark for some Mac versions.
- When watching friends games on official servers, GOTV information is now requested asynchronously from matchmaking servers.
- CS:GO inventory items in Steam Community profiles now list most recently acquired items first.
- Improved CS:GO matchmaking servers stability.
- Fixed context menu popping up over the client info panel in the lobby.
- Added a cheat protected convar named "cl_draw_only_deathnotices" that turns off most hud except for death notices (for movie makers).

Contracts are free. traded in a bunch of skulls and wings for a dark water and dragon tattoo. Not bad. Also drove the price of those guns from 4 cents to 30+. valve is genius.

KingKong

I expected a lot more considering there wasnt a patch last week. Interesting that this is a first contract, maybe the other ones will give you guns for completing objectives?

bs000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk-8Xb5d1eg

Bought 80 guns last night for 5-6 cents each. Crafted 8 new guns and sold them for around $2 each so I made a decent profit. But now milspec (Aug Wings, MP7 Skulls, SG 553 Ultraviolet) weapons are 40 cents each, so I would've made more if I just resold the 80 guns for 30-40 cents each, assuming people are still buying them. I don't know about the price of restricted (USP Darkwater, M4 Darkwater, Glock Dragon). They could go up because mil-spec are worth more now, but at the same time, there's going to be a lot more restricted guns going on the market which would bring the price down. Someone bought all my M4A1 DarkWaters and crafted them for an extraordinary, which is insane because that's $20 to craft a $6-7 gun.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
They have the Operation stuff that they could use to add maps, if something is good on there then they could add it to competitive. I don't think any of those last maps were good enough though. Any news on the next Operation btw?

There are rumblings, but nothing more. Basically, if a map is in the top 30-50 on the workshop, it stands a pretty good chance of getting into Op2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom