• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKayle

Spent money buying up a bunch of mag-7 mementos in anticipation of the crafting patch.

They're not usable for crafting. Lol.

In other news, I crafted up a Darkwater Silenced M4 that I can actually use, so that's cool.

TheExodu5

Banned
need a tutorial to learn the basic concepts of the game

Check WarOwl's channel on YouTube. I think he has some decent videos.

Basically though, the first thing to realize is that for the most part, you shouldn't be shooting while moving at all in this game. For mid-long range, you should also learn to burst first to have accurate shots. Strafe, stop and shoot a few rounds, strafe, repeat.

If you're going to go full auto, it's good to learn the spray patterns of your most used guns. Try taking the AK47 and M4A4 and shoot them full auto at a wall. You'll notice the AK47 goes up and to the right, and then to the left. The M4A4 goes up and to the left, and then to the right. If you know the spray pattern, you can aim so that most of your shots go roughly where you want them to go.

Try to always have money for kevlar and helm if you're going to buy. Then, depending on how much money you have, you want to one of the following weapons:

P250
MP7
P90 (I don't like encouraging it's use too much since people get dependent on it, but it is a good gun)
AK47
M4A1/M4A4
AWP

You might occasionally buy a shotgun or famas/galil or something else, but generally the guns posted above are the better and more used weapons.

KingKong

Sigh, servers down again and the flashbang bug wasn't fixed. Really glad they're putting all that key and marketplace money to good use

Zemm

NiP too good, wish there were a few more teams that could push them. Right now there's only 1,maybe 2 on their day.

feel

Sigh, servers down again and the flashbang bug wasn't fixed. Really glad they're putting all that key and marketplace money to good use
I like that not only they failed at fixing it, but they actually made it worse by disabling the quick fix with the mouse-wheel flick.

Uiki

I want to believe in today's update.

3 weeks of skins/keys/crafting/chickens. Today is the day. It has to be.

Blow my mind valve, i'm ready.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I got CS:GO a couple of weeks ago after not playing CS for about 10 years, it has certainly changed. I used to be really good but not so much any more, it feels like my head is 10x larger as I seem to get instantly headshot before I can blink half the time.I don't know if it's a severe rust issue or what, but the reg seems horrible. Back in the day I could pop off multiple 1 shot deagle headshots in a row, full team aces etc but now it's a struggle to put just one guy down.

fijim

Banned
I got CS:GO a couple of weeks ago after not playing CS for about 10 years, it has certainly changed. I used to be really good but not so much any more, it feels like my head is 10x larger as I seem to get instantly headshot before I can blink half the time.I don't know if it's a severe rust issue or what, but the reg seems horrible. Back in the day I could pop off multiple 1 shot deagle headshots in a row, full team aces etc but now it's a struggle to put just one guy down.

Don't use the deagle, it sucks now. That could be part of your issue.

My solution to get used to the engine is to play with bots offline, then you can rule out latency issues. Get used to have the guns fire/recoil, then go online, it helps a lot IMO.

Also, I bet if you went back to 1.6 it would take some time before you were 1 deaging peoples heads and acing rounds.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I bet if you went back to 1.6 it would take some time before you were 1 deaging peoples heads and acing rounds.

For sure, back then I had my teenage reflexes and I didn't have a trapped nerve in my elbow like I do now. Part of my brain just expects nothing to have changed, when obviously that's not reasonable.

Uiki

Deagle is atrocious. It's no longer the handcannon it was in CSS.

Five Seven is the way.

Also...silenced usp against enemies without helmets is 1 hit headshot. You can fire really fast and all the bullets will land *almost* in the same place. It's a fucking laser gun.

You can scream PEWPEWPEW in chat for better results.

Uiki

http://www.reddit.com/r/counterstrike/comments/1mg7kx/go_bugged_flashbang/cc8z1mh

aiMD8O4.png

mattwood_valve

This will be fixed in the next update.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So I played on a server with 15 ping and 128 tick, it was like a completely different game. I've been playing on the default matchmaking servers and I didn't realize how bad they were until now. All the issues with "soak" were gone, people actually died when I shot at them. 1v4 clutch pistol round, ho ho.

So I played on a server with 15 ping and 128 tick, it was like a completely different game. I've been playing on the default matchmaking servers and I didn't realize how bad they were until now. All the issues with "soak" were gone, people actually died when I shot at them. 1v4 clutch pistol round, ho ho.

Costs too much to upgrade mate.

Most people have less that 60 fps, sorry mate.

fijim

Banned
For sure, back then I had my teenage reflexes and I didn't have a trapped nerve in my elbow like I do now. Part of my brain just expects nothing to have changed, when obviously that's not reasonable.

I know, I had the same thing. I would get frustrated with myself for not being better, have to just let it be and try to enjoy the game :)

This map pack is gonna sell like hotcakes now that it has a case to go along with it. I'm wondering if it will have some competitive maps this time around?

Looks ike they found the map names

Cache, Agency, Ali, Chinatown, Gwalior, Ruins, and Siege.

"name": "Community Season Two Autumn 2013 Coin 1", "item_description": "Participated in Operation Bravo.\nPlay in Operation Bravo and win Operation Bravo Competitive Matches to upgrade this coin.",

Looks like they can be used in competitive?

chessnut

m4a4

Basically, 2-3 shot bursts at mid-long range. For full auto, the recoil goes up and to the left, and then to the right, so you want to not be moving and move in the opposite direction of the recoil.

I know how to burst fire...what i'm trying to learn is how to shoot 5-7 bullets at a time and still retain accuracy. When I watch youtube videos of pro matches, I see people do it all the time. I know the general bullet pattern, but I wanted to know if there was a guide that gives me some pointers instead of having to spend 2 hours in a deathmatch server dicking around.

TheExodu5

Banned
I know how to burst fire...what i'm trying to learn is how to shoot 5-7 bullets at a time and still retain accuracy. When I watch youtube videos of pro matches, I see people do it all the time. I know the general bullet pattern, but I wanted to know if there was a guide that gives me some pointers instead of having to spend 2 hours in a deathmatch server dicking around.

Best thing to do is just go in a local server by yourself and just shoot the wall. Practice getting your spray in one spot.

You need to build muscle memory and learn to react to the spray. No way to do that other than practicing it.

CoolS

I'm just happy I'll get to play some different maps. I mean I love the CS maps, but Dust2 all the time gets on my nerves.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So, let's see:

It just means Operation Payback: Season 2 will be starting soon, probably Wednesday or Thursday. So let's start speculating which maps will be in it! My guesses include:

Cambodia
Chinatown
Gwalior
East Borough
Print
Ruins

I wouldn't be surprised if Valve pulls a Library and includes a less-than-serious map like Cheesefire. I am assuming they will do eight, which is what they intended to do last time (with Pool Day being the deleted eighth).

Note: I am deliberately leaving out maps like Cache, Season, Mill, and any other competitive maps, as I'm assuming Valve would rather eventually make them official, like they did with Mirage. I'm also leaving out Siege, as there are probably some legal issues preventing its inclusion (specifically, unlike Thunder, it still ships with 1.6).

Got three right. I am legit surprised Print and BlackGold didn't make it in (and that Siege did.) I was expecting Cache to go official...wonder what will happen now.

Anyway, tried some of the new maps out. This is gonna be a fun next few months.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought it and played a quick round, can't remember the map name but it was OK. And yeah, playing something other than Dust 2 will be fun. It was me and a team of bots though, so hopefully people start buying it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought it and played a quick round, can't remember the map name but it was OK. And yeah, playing something other than Dust 2 will be fun. It was me and a team of bots though, so hopefully people start buying it.

I was in a casual server with lots of people on both teams - I guess it comes down to timing?

Also played a comp round of Seaside. As expected, the ranks were a bit uneven, but at least we won.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I was in a casual server with lots of people on both teams - I guess it comes down to timing?

Also played a comp round of Seaside. As expected, the ranks were a bit uneven, but at least we won.

Yeah, I was just unlucky the first game.

It seems Cache is the new D2, it just gets voted over and over.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/operationbravo/

yep, used in comp, has a scorecard that keeps track of your stats, playing on maps gives you an added chance to get exclusive skin drops and higher chance of getting the crate

Niiiiice update. With Bravo giving access to the maps on competitive, and with Cache being one of the maps, I might actually have a go at the gold coin. We'll see. Also impressed that they added Seaside back. That was my favorite map from Payback. I'd argue that Favelas has a little more viability as a competitive map, but they could both (with some much needed changes though) serve as permanent competitive maps imo. I wonder if Valve might use these Operations to probe the possibility of adding custom maps as official ones, if they are popular enough.

I never thought of it before, but Library needs to be added as a arms race map. Would be perfect for that, and arms race desperately needs some more maps. It is my preferred mode when I don't want to play competitive.

i mean't the m4a1 not the m4a1-s

No you meant the M4A4. :)

CoolS

Just played a few round, either I wa sjust on bad teams a lot of the time or some maps are seriously T/CT-sided.

Agency:
Seemed to be rather T sided could have been just the round. Otherwise really like it so far.

Ali:
Seemed CT sided to me, especially Bomb site B is quite hard to reach from the one match I played.

Chinatown:
My favourite map so far, with a lot of ways to flank from both sides. And it's rather compact, which I dig.

Gwalior:
I'm completely torn on it. It's and interesting concept, with lots of height differences. I was completely lost most of the time though and had NO idea where to expect the enemy. He could be next to me beneath me, above me :D

Ruins:
Not played yet, loos quite complex from my look at it.

Siege:
I didn't like it.Maybe T-sided? and it just seems massive.

Seaside:
Haven't played that one yet either but I like the layout.

Yeah, I was just unlucky the first game.

It seems Cache is the new D2, it just gets voted over and over.

Cache is pretty cool, liked the match I played on it a lot.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Gwalior is possibly my favorite of the new maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom