• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOO-HOOOOOOO!

Also, I love Agency. I really, really love Agency. Omg.
Yeah, Agency is a cool map! Haven't played it enough to know whether it's balanced, but the matches I've had so far have been all over the place: easy T, easy CT and extremely close matches. Good!

*sigh* Keep getting a message saying my game files have no or invalid game signature. I'm reading that this is a bug correct? Cause I haven't touched any of the game files. Verifying the integrity of the files didn't work, so now I'm reinstalling.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Via csgo_servers:

GAMEPLAY
Improved grenade physics interaction with player models. Grenades bounce off player hitboxes instead of the overall player bounding volume.
Improved bomb-planting player animation to prevent unintentionally standing when the plant completes. (Thanks Friberg!).
Re-added support for alternate firing accuracy. This effectively buffs burst fire on the glock and the famas.

MAPS
Fixed minor bugs in cs_siege and de_ruins.

UI
Added the WATCH menu
Watch live, in-progress matches played by highly-ranked CS:GO players
Access your match history and review the scoreboard for your previous matches
Download and watch any of your recent matches.
Select 'GOTV Theater' to watch a continuous stream of live matches.
Pausing/disabling of the GOTV autodirector has been reverted to the old behavior.
Fixed a bug that allowed you to see the other team's weapons in a competitive game via the spectator menu if you were the last person to die on your team.
Fixed a case where spectator weapon panel would be missing the weapon in GOTV and demos.
Fixed a case where the code version of the weapon name would show up in the freeze panel.
Fixed the Team Value numbers not switching properly after halftime in GOTV or demo playback.
The bomb icon is now colored in the spectator view so it's more visible.

MISC
Fixed "Bad sequence in GetSequenceName" viewmodel console warnings.

That's a biggie.

"Pak 001 vpk does not match the severs file"

What is going on. This was a brand new installed game. So many stupid fucking bugs going on preventing me from playing this.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Good stuff, it's nice being able to download your old games. It's pretty fun watching Global Elite players flame each other as well in watch mode.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Sexy update! Now I can relive my failures and learn nothing from them.

MrKayle

buffed famas burst?

so_good.gif

Clydefrog

So my internet has always been junk but our modem finally hit the dust earlier this week. We received a new one from AT&T (DSL) but now my ping is in the 60s to the closest server to me. I used to ping 15 at that server. Everywhere else has gone up too. What gives!?

mhayze

Had my first awful experience with ranked competitive, right after a truly awesome one.

Awesome one first.. not that much to tell, but my team lost 8 out of the first 10 rounds on D2, (including the first 4 in a row - after which 1 teammate quit). It didn't help that several of the opposing side would spam "CRUSHED!", "PWNED" after each round, etc., like it was still 2002.
After that several people on the team started to use their mics, communicating plans, came together as a team, and we won16 to 14. It was a great feeling. We were actually communicating "nt" and "close" to the opposing team after near wins on our part, which seemed to piss them off for some reason (we weren't being sarcastic or anything). Anyways, it was a very close match and quite a rush to win.

Right after that, I get joined to a European server, where there were only 2 of us from North America, and my ping is almost 140. One of the players is a girl, playing with (presumably her boyfriend) and they were 'learning how to play'. When I say learning, I can't even explain it - she didn't know how to move, how to mouselook, and didn't buy a single thing the entire match. She spawn camped, team attacked and went AFK with the bomb. I tried voting her off, but the two of them would vote no, and 1 other European player would just abstain from the vote. Astonishingly, she continued to spawn with bomb round after round and would do nothing with it. It was truly awful. The game wouldn't allow surrender because nobody quit. After a while, I started asking nicely - why not learn CS:GO in casual mode? Why not play with bots on your own private game? etc. The BF was very apologetic, but would not quit. We lost 16 to 1. Awful.

valeo

'Re-added support for alternate firing accuracy. This effectively buffs burst fire on the glock and the famas.
'
Yesss

Burst glock was my favourite in 1.6 - felt so off in CS:GO; the recoil was ridiciulous

It seems to change every patch. Drives me nuts. A few patches ago I was getting 200 fps steady, now I'm still constantly getting memory leaks and dropping below 60.

I always locked mine at 130 and for the first time in this update it seems to jump around a bit but instantly. makes the game seem jerky.

Clydefrog

My internet fixed itself (somewhat)… but anyways, I’ve been doing a lot more of 5v5 matchmaking recently. It’s a nice change from the 12v12 pub I always play in. We’ve got a pretty good group going and I have ranked up to distinguished master guardian (the badge). It was all fun and games until we ran into a team of global elites but we kept our dignity losing 14-16.

Most of the Bravo maps are fun. Gwalior is a P90/Shotgun heaven. Ali is pretty tough. I haven’t played ruins or agency yet though.

Dat feel when you ace the round

KingKong

The workbench might actually be really interesting if it lets anyone create and submit a skin without having to use any outside program

They could easily let people create skins like emblems in Call of Duty/Battlefield or cars in Forza in game so it will be totally different than TF2 or Dota 2 where you need to have a lot of modeling experience to make something that looks decent

Uiki

MAPS
- de_nuke: Decreased fog

UI
- Added Streams tab to Watch menu.
- Friends rich presence now also includes the map if they are reviewing a match from their Match History.
- Fixed being able to invite and message yourself in the Watch menu scoreboard.
- Fixed hitches that would happen when updating match data in Watch menu.
- Reduced memory footprint of Inventory menu.
- Added warning that will show when you have have a corrupt download from Your Games tab.

GOTV
- Players in a match can now see the number of GOTV spectators in the scoreboard.
- Added spectator count display to top live Competitive matches.
- Added support for GOTV relays to allow a much large number of spectators for top live Competitive matches.
- Added convar tv_maxclients_relayreserved which allows reserving a certain number of slots from tv_maxclients for GOTV relays.
- Added convar tv_dispatchweight which allows better control of load balancing in relay chains, defaults to 1.25 which for every 4 local spectators will send 5 spectators to each connected relay.
- Fixed empty GOTV spectator chat messages.

MISC
- Fixed a crash on startup
- Fixed not being able to equip the default weapon into a loadout slot that previously contained a decorated weapon.
- Improved decorated weapon material compositing to prevent dark patches on some weapons with clean exterior.

KingKong

I just played a comp game on seaside and it was fantastic!

I didn't really like it in casual but it is really really fun on 5v5. Two interesting bomb sites, good rotations, good angles, sniper spots, being able to juke/come from a different direction, rounds go by quick and fast

I hated GO when it first came out but now I've been solely playing Competitive and I'm really enjoying it. Would love to play with some people though as going at it solo is a mixed bag. I'm Mr_Eerie on steam if anyone wants to play sometime.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So, you guys wanna make tons of ca$h making weapon skins? Of course you do! That's why you're going to check out the workshop beta! But how do you get into it?

Easy!

Concept17

So, you guys wanna make tons of ca$h making weapon skins? Of course you do! That's why you're going to check out the workshop beta! But how do you get into it?

Easy!

Been working on this... but can't seem to get a hold of the default skins themselves to paint over. Having trouble aligning the UV maps as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom