• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I got a second Bravo case today and opened it, and got nothing. I really regret not selling it like my first one. In other news I opened 4 normal cases and got a case hardened AK and a M4A1-S Dark Water so that wasn't too bad.

And if you're on the fence I'd suggest buying the Bravo pass now while the cases are still expensive, one case will pay for the pass.

Clydefrog

My go-to pub server only has de (bomb) maps. I started up a game of matchmaking last night and it put us on cs_italy. It was the freshest breath of fresh air ever. It also helped that we won the game. Damn, italy is FUN.

Uiki

BRAVO
- Added Competitive Scorecard to the Official Competitive match end scoreboard if the user owns an Operation Bravo Coin. (Previously only visible in the Operation Bravo Coin tooltip).

GAMEPLAY
- Suiciding now results in 0 cash awarded for the round.
- Player acceleration is now determined by the player's active weapon max speed.

MAPS
- Fixed bugs in Gwalior, Cache, Ali, Seaside and Agency.

MISC
- Fixed stock items not displaying possessive information in the freeze panel.
- Fixed some water material fallbacks to not reflect the 2d skybox which caused bad reflections with low shader settings.
- Fixed squished weapon kill icons on Mac.
- Fixed the highest quality items in a Collection failing to be filtered out of the Trade Up Contract interface.
- Fixed a memory leak in client code that also caused performance drops during long gameplay sessions.
- New decorated weapon added to the Assault Collection.

I tried only a couple of dm but peeking with an ak feels way different.

Also,
360fx360f

Clydefrog

Well, it finally happened to me. Started a MM game against some foreigners who had 260 ping. They didn’t miss a fucking shot.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Matchmaking goes down so damn often, I haven't been able to play all night.

Searching......

feel

Having a blast playing these Bravo maps, specially with them also being in Competitive instead of just in boring Casual/Community servers like the ones from the previous Operation, and it only took a case drop to get the money back that I spent on the pass. So good.

So is anyone gonna try playing CS with the Steam controller?

hycd4ld.gif
Great gif haha

LCGeek

formerly sane
So is anyone gonna try playing CS with the Steam controller?

Try I already use a 360 pad for casual use since a lot of bad players have no reflexes or ability to deal with me picking them off. This steam controller is only gonna make moments with a lan friend even funnier.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How can you possibly control the recoil with a controller though, even if its trackpad quality?

You can't. Playing a PC FPS with a controller is like eating soup with a fork.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Competitive this late in the game is just infuriating. Every game I get 40 - 50 kills and still lose. The people I'm being put with are worse than easy bots, I'm not even kidding, they're absolutely terrible. I just can't win my 10 placement matches like this, I never have anyone that can play and I'm getting so tired of losing because of others. I just finished a game with 62 fucking kills, and we still lost. I guess it'll be better once I finish my 10 placement matches but that seems impossible.

/rant

EDIT: Apparently whining works because I just got put with equal skilled people and we won 16 - 0.

feel

Competitive this late in the game is just infuriating. Every game I get 40 - 50 kills and still lose. The people I'm being put with are worse than easy bots, I'm not even kidding, they're absolutely terrible. I just can't win my 10 placement matches like this, I never have anyone that can play and I'm getting so tired of losing because of others. I just finished a game with 62 fucking kills, and we still lost. I guess it'll be better once I finish my 10 placement matches but that seems impossible.

/rant

EDIT: Apparently whining works because I just got put with equal skilled people and we won 16 - 0.
Those are a lot of kills per match. Try not to go out of your way to grab so many kills early on, let your teammates get some so they can become more confident/effective as the match progresses.

/rant

62 kills just sounds like you're baiting your terrible teammates. Don't worry, If you're that good, you'll rank up in no time

qazqaNii

/rant

Easy to kill when ure in silver class

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
62 kills just sounds like you're baiting your terrible teammates. Don't worry, If you're that good, you'll rank up in no time

I wasn't baiting them at all, maybe I should have. And it's not about ranking up, it's about getting out of the hell that's placement matches. For example my last game was me, 3 bots and a really bad player vs 5 guys. I ended up with 57 kills and made the game 14 - 16, even the other team said they felt bad for me taking a loss while playing so well. Having more kills than your whole team together is depressing, I just want to get these 10 wins out of the way so I can be put in an appropriate league.

Easy to kill when ure in silver class

Was that an attempt at an insult?

TheExodu5

Banned
lol even after placement, I sometimes get those matches. Went about 50 kills yesterday (lost 14-16 as well). I'm double AK and somehow got matched with a bunch of 2 stars.

I wasn't baiting them at all, maybe I should have. And it's not about ranking up, it's about getting out of the hell that's placement matches. For example my last game was me, 3 bots and a really bad player vs 5 guys. I ended up with 57 kills and made the game 14 - 16, even the other team said they felt bad for me taking a loss while playing so well. Having more kills than your whole team together is depressing, I just want to get these 10 wins out of the way so I can be put in an appropriate league.

Ahhh, misread about the placement matches. Yeah, those can be pretty crappy--especially now with the skins and the game being much more popular. Try to friend anyone that's good and queue up with them until you get placed

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
lol even after placement, I sometimes get those matches. Went about 50 kills yesterday (lost 14-16 as well). I'm double AK and somehow got matched with a bunch of 2 stars.

Haha, way to kill my dream of a balanced system after the placement matches :D

Ahhh, misread about the placement matches. Yeah, those can be pretty crappy--especially now with the skins and the game being much more popular. Try to friend anyone that's good and queue up with them until you get placed

I only recently got CS:GO after not playing CS in many, many years so I've only been playing casual until recently and the level of play is much higher in casual than the placement matches. Oh well, I just won another so that's 3/10 done. I have no real desire to rank that high, I just want to get into a league where everyone on both sides is kinda equal so I can pop on for a game when I feel like it and it be enjoyable.

Haha, way to kill my dream of a balanced system after the placement matches :D

I only recently got CS:GO after not playing CS in many, many years so I've only been playing casual until recently and the level of play is much higher in casual than the placement matches. Oh well, I just won another so that's 3/10 done. I have no real desire to rank that high, I just want to get into a league where everyone on both sides is kinda equal so I can pop on for a game when I feel like it and it be enjoyable.

definitely. Queuing up with decent people will at least get you the wins needed to place. After placement, you'll move quickly to the most accurate rank.

sibarraz

Banned
nobody wants to play with me in competitive? or at least teach me one thing or two since im a total noob (but I had got better last time in casual)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
nobody wants to play with me in competitive? or at least teach me one thing or two since im a total noob (but I had got better last time in casual)

I don't want to sound like a dick, but if you're really that bad don't you think you should stick to casual for awhile? It will be better for you if you wait and don't play competitive until you can contribute to the team, and it will be better for your team mates. Casual is the perfect place for you as people won't get mad when you fail, but in competitive people expect a certain level of competence.

jordisok

Tried to get back into this over the weekend but damn for some reason its now running awfully :\ had to dial the settings right down and still struggling to get 60fps?!

I don't want to sound like a dick, but if you're really that bad don't you think you should stick to casual for awhile? It will be better for you if you wait and don't play competitive until you can contribute to the team, and it will be better for your team mates. Casual is the perfect place for you as people won't get mad when you fail, but in competitive people expect a certain level of competence.

I disagree, that's not a very good reason for not playing competitive. Competetive is where the game shines, and if you want to become better, competitive is the place.

sibarraz

Banned

Don't worry, is a fair opinion

My problem with casual is that the game is WAAY different than competitive, at least I had played some competitives games and overall feel that I could understand the idea of the game, my problem is that my region are mostly brazilians and I don't speak portuguese. So overall, in casual I could learn how to shoot well (is something that I had been practising and had improved a lot) but since you get zero coordination in casual, you always fall to better players who know how to positionate in the battlefield. At least I think that's my main gripe with learning the game, not so much the actual shooting, but more than position and roles that you had to cover

but like lastflowers said, latency will be a problem too, more in a game as competitive as cs, so overall I guess that I should try to learn portuguese :p at least brazilians are really good at the game (and all my chileans friends play 1.6)

TheExodu5

Banned
So how the hell do you get good at this game? Do I just got to keep playing until my aim gets good?

Well there are a lot of elements that matter in this game, not limited to the following:

1) Aim
2) Weapon knowledge
3) Team coordination
4) Recoil control (this applies separately to all weapons)
5) Movement control (knowing how to stop quickly and take a quick, accurate burst is very important)
6) Map knowledge
7) Sound awareness (listen for your enemies)
8) Game sense (sensing where your enemies might be...playing a lot will develop your game sense)

The more you play the more these will improve.

Here are some tips:

To improve your aim, it's important that you have your mouse and sensitivity configured correctly. Make sure you don't have mouse acceleration on (in your Windows mouse settings, uncheck "Enhance pointer precision". Next, I suggest you don't keep sensitivity too high. The lower your sensitivity, the more consistent and precise you can be, at the expense of a slower turning speed. My personal preference is to have it so that a full swipe across my mousepad (11") rotates me 270 degrees in game. You might want to have it higher than that if you're not accustomed to a high sensitivity but I wouldn't really go more than double that if you can.

Weapon knowledge...all I mean here is knowing what weapon is good and in what situation. For most cases, I'd recommend you stick to buying the following weapons: P250, MP7, P90, AK47, M4A1/M4A4, AWP. There may be situations where you'd want a Nova, Mag7, AUG, or auto-sniper, but the former should have you covered. A reduced arsenal will make it easier to get practice with the most used weapons in the game.

Team coordination and competitive game flow. It's important to know when to buy, what to buy, and how to play as a team. If you win the pistol round, I recommend that most of the team goes with MP7s for a few reasons: you get more money per kill, your opponents are unlikely to be wearing helmets so the MP7 will be particularly deadly, and if you do lose you'll only be giving your opponents SMGs, while you'll still be able to afford weapons the next round. After that, coordinating money is important. If only some team members buy and others do not, you're likely to lose the round. If everyone can't afford a rifle, vest, and helmet, it's usually a good idea to save for a round. For a save round, the P250 is a good weapon, as is the Nova in certain positions.

You can practice recoil control by yourself in game. First off, know that for most guns, you don't want to be moving while shooting them (though SMGs and shotguns can be an exception to that). You'll have the option of either bursting, or going full auto. If you're bursting, it's good to side step in between bursts. Every gun has a different bursting ability. The AK47 is accurate on it's first shot, and nearly just as accurate on it's second shot, so one or two shot bursts are recommended. For the M4, especially in the case of the silenced one, it can be accurate on its first two shots, and the third shot might just go a little high, so you can do two or three shot bursts while bringing your mouse down for the third shot. The best thing to do is to just practice against a wall in a local game. Practice side stepping and bursting a target. For full auto, you want to probably be at a standstill. Every gun has a somewhat predictable spray pattern. Go in a local game, spray at a wall, and notice the repeated pattern. Learn to counter that pattern and try to keep your bullets going in the same place...this takes a lot of practice.

Movement control, map knowledge, and game awareness should come with time.

For sound awareness, you'll want to be playing with headphones will having the volume high enough to hear footsteps, reloads, weapon switches, bomb plants, and other sounds which will help you pinpoint enemy locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom