• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
!!!!! theyre working on prodigy!!!!!

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/10/cs-go-17th-october/#unreleased-map-updates

(also thanks for doing this for GO matt)

Well now, I thought they had stopped working on maps. This is exciting news! Perhaps this means Alleyway, Vostok, Depot, Embassy, and Cranes will someday see the light of day.

Oh, quick note on the recently patched in textures: like the models in the Prodigy folder, they're from the CS:S version of the map.

Well there are a lot of elements that matter in this game, not limited to the following:

/
snip
/

Hey, thank you for this big post. I appreciated it even though I never said anything. Since then I don't get so frustrated playing this game. I think it was a combination of lowering my sensitivity, playing competitive, and just playing more. Getting through some competitive games and playing people closer to my skill level seems like an obvious solution now.

Also, I just got ranked as nova 1. Should I be happy/unhappy that I started at this level?

feel

So, did anything change with the hit registration this past week? Nothing changed on my side of things, my bullets just aren't connecting with anyone anymore no matter how well how I aim, makes me not want to play.. :/

So, did anything change with the hit registration this past week? Nothing changed on my side of things, my bullets just aren't connecting with anyone anymore no matter how well how I aim, makes me not want to play.. :/

It feels off.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled this game so many times this week.

It's incredibly frustrating.

Talents

Banned
Sup guys, first time poster here, hopefully becoming a regular soon.

I've been looking into buying this game for a while, I love competitive games and I want to purchase the game on Thursday when my house gets new broadband installed. While I do love competitive games, this will be one of the first FPS's I will be playing seriously on the PC. I've occasionally played games like TF2 and played Garry's Mod for shits and gigs with mates but never played loads of PC FPS's seriously. Does anyone have any tips for me on how to get started? Would be appreciated.

Cheers.

keezy

I've been looking into buying this game for a while, I love competitive games and I want to purchase the game on Thursday when my house gets new broadband is installed. While I do love competitive games, this will be one of the first FPS's I will be playing seriously on the PC. I've occasionally played games like TF2 and played Garry's Mod for shits and gigs with mates but never played loads of PC FPS's seriously. Does anyone have any tips for me on how to get started? Would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Top of page 92 has a good blurb with a quick run down of some game mechanics.

feel

I've been looking into buying this game for a while, I love competitive games and I want to purchase the game on Thursday when my house gets new broadband is installed. While I do love competitive games, this will be one of the first FPS's I will be playing seriously on the PC. I've occasionally played games like TF2 and played Garry's Mod for shits and gigs with mates but never played loads of PC FPS's seriously. Does anyone have any tips for me on how to get started? Would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Welcome. Learn the maps!! Learn them and basic mechanics and game flow by playing offline vs bots until you can beat them easily on Expert. Then play online Deathmatch to work on your aim and recoil control without pressure. Then just jump into Casual or Competitive and have fun. You'll get the hang of it all eventually just by playing and spectating the best players while you're dead.

valeo

Yep, learning the maps would be the best way to start. Dust 2, Inferno, Nuke seem to be the most played competitively now.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot how dull and grey this game was without digital vibrance. I just updated my drivers and forgot to up it and I thought something was wrong with my game lol.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
So I guess those expensive knifes don't drop randomly at the end of a match doesn't it?

TheExodu5

Banned
Does anybody here play on ESEA?

Sometimes when matchmaking's down. The performance is world's better in terms of bullet registration, but the skill levels can vary so much on a team that it leads to a very uneven experience. Playing with friends is also not as easy (and not assured, I think).

valeo

1% chance from cases AFAIK.

Can anything good drop randomly at the end of matches?

I reckon there should be a very, very small chance of good stuff dropping at end of games; maybe balanced against your score. Obviously the chance of getting something good should be better if you pay for a case or Valve will lose their money source, but still.

Can anything good drop randomly at the end of matches?

I reckon there should be a very, very small chance of good stuff dropping at end of games; maybe balanced against your score. Obviously the chance of getting something good should be better if you pay for a case or Valve will lose their money source, but still.

Some non rare skins are still pretty popular. You can get those as drops.

keezy

used too, haven't been playing it much lately

would kill for a few more games like that, but anytime i rattle off a few good ones and feel like im getting close to ranking up I have a few terrible ones

Sometimes when matchmaking's down. The performance is world's better in terms of bullet registration, but the skill levels can vary so much on a team that it leads to a very uneven experience. Playing with friends is also not as easy (and not assured, I think).

I was thinking about renewing my subscription. My buddies and I were talking about getting a squad going in the next season. I seriously missed this game. I was lucky enough to get a beta invite for it when it first came out but I quit playing this past spring when there were at least 2-3 hackers on a team in matchmaking. If you were on their team you couldn't vote them off and if they were on the other team I usually just walked away from my computer so I wouldn't get hit with that temp ban. It looks like they fixed those issues now and with all the new content their releasing this game appears to be in good shape! I'm not even hyped for my PS4 anymore. I'm content with just CS.

Flash Animation
GAMEPLAY
Added eye shielding animation to players blinded by flashbangs.
Fixed respawning in Deathmatch sometimes choosing a spawn point visible to players when more ideal positions were available.
Fixed a bug in Deathmatch that could create weapons on the ground if a player spammed his "buy" key immediately upon respawn.
SPECTATING
Added changeable, preset camera positions for all shipped maps that are activated by selecting a player with SHIFT + 0-9 while spectating. (see https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/CSGO:_Spectator_Tools for more info)
Target players now glow white when viewing from a spectator camera in ROAMING mode.
When spectating in ROAMING mode, we now draw a subtle Aiming Vector Line that shows each player’s aiming direction.
Dropped C4 now glows for spectators (yellow = dropped, flashing red = planted, green = defused).
Added more UI during freeze time to display player money, spent money that round, and kills/assists/deaths.
Improved armor icons in spectator panels.
Fixed recoil not being applied in GOTV and replays.
Fixed UI weapon image sometimes being blank in GOTV.
StatTrak now displays correct number of kills in GOTV and replays.
Reenabled the spec_goto command and fixed it not working properly if called from a key bind.
Moved the autodirector toggle key from “+speed” to “radio3” (from SHIFT key to the C key by default).
Streams tab now includes 6 live streams.
MISC
Scope lines now blur out completely to better match the weapon's current inaccuracy.
Improved Fiveseven viewmodel animation
Improved Tec-9 viewmodel animation

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen people complain that the flashbang animation will "make the game too easy."

yeah ok. :lol

CoolS

Finally got around to completing my 10 ranking matches with a win. Now I'm Gold Nova II. No clue if that's good for my first ranking.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I spend way more time watching than playing these days (NiPTV mostly) so I'm happy with this patch.

Zemm

I spend way more time watching than playing these days (NiPTV mostly) so I'm happy with this patch.

Same, these patches from the last month have really made spectating so much better. Love the NipTV guys and how often they cast top games.

valeo

Saw the flashbang player animation last night and thought I was going crazy.

So basically they're too lazy to do it themselves and will just get the userbase to create them and make money off of it? Oh Valve. 90% of the current skins look like something a 5 year old created in Photoshop.

Even the old crappy custom 1.6 skins looked about as good

50354b24055d4.jpg

Saw the flashbang player animation last night and thought I was going crazy.

So basically they're too lazy to do it themselves and will just get the userbase to create them and make money off of it? Oh Valve. 90% of the current skins look like something a 5 year old created in Photoshop.

50354b24055d4.jpg

The artists get paid as well. There have been people who have made in the hundreds of thousands making tf2 hats and dota items. I'm fine with that let the community make and vote on that stuff while valve puts their efforts elsewhere.

feel

Hope some good single color skins without designs/drawings/stickers get voted in, those are my favorites and pretty much the only ones I like to keep but there aren't many in the game.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

So, like, have you heard of Team Fortress 2?

The artists get paid as well. There have been people who have made in the hundreds of thousands making tf2 hats and dota items. I'm fine with that let the community make and vote on that stuff while valve puts their efforts elsewhere.

And this. Basically, there are kids who've paid for college by making hats.

I used to go crazy with source skins. Is GO not open to custom skins/models? I loved my scout which was a Winchester.Not really liking most of these Workshop skins so far, I don't want wacky color schemes on my guns!

feel

They mention in the FAQ that Gold weapons won't be accepted because Valve has already created their own and is saving them for special events in the future. Interesting.

Clydefrog

I haven't played this game all week. In fact, I haven't played any online games all week! AT&T U-Verse has re-ignited my social life.

chessnut

So what's the best way to go about making a highlight video out of a couple of downloaded matches? Fraps?

I tried messing around with the in-game demo ui and it just doesn't make any sense...

edit: I downloaded playclaw and that seems to be pretty easy to use. I have a new question now. When I'm watching my replays, my fps shows 100+ but the actual recording is choppy, especially when someone is shooting their gun. Is there a way to fix that?

jediyoshi

I think you would shit bricks if you were aware of how much users make off creating and submitting Dota 2 and TF2 items. You realize they already pay map creators through pass sales, right?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really hate Twitch, it's such a bag of shit in Europe. I can't watch any channel that isn't partnered because there's no quality controls and "source" always lags. They're always apologizing and saying they'll add more Europe servers but it never seems to happen (or make a difference). There was a time many, many moons ago when I could watch in 1080p without any stutter but that's a distant memory. I think they're just too big for their boots now.

The funny thing is I can watch any stream on my Nexus 7 and it runs perfectly, and looks better. Apparently they use different servers for mobile traffic and it's not as thrashed as the regular servers.

I really hate Twitch, it's such a bag of shit in Europe. I can't watch any channel that isn't partnered because there's no quality controls and "source" always lags. They're always apologizing and saying they'll add more Europe servers but it never seems to happen (or make a difference). There was a time many, many moons ago when I could watch in 1080p without any stutter but that's a distant memory. I think they're just too big for their boots now.

The funny thing is I can watch any stream on my Nexus 7 and it runs perfectly, and looks better. Apparently they use different servers for mobile traffic and it's not as thrashed as the regular servers.

I know that feeling - I have fibre optic and it's atrocious.

Only rotate a few channels - can't watch some of the streams that I would like to.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I know that feeling - I have fibre optic and it's atrocious.

Only rotate a few channels - can't watch some of the streams that I would like to.

Yeah, I'm on fibre as well. Medium is usually fine, high is OK sometimes but source always lags. They got $20m recently and I was hoping some of it would go to improving the service in Europe but apparently not.

Rixxan

Annnnndddddd peaked.

no way i reach Global Elite unless I switch careers and break up with the fiance, lol.

Was working on this for awhile though, so I'm pretty happy.

1382937204.jpg

edit:

I don't really know what represents a decent clip anymore, but i never use the awp and thought this was semi-decent, was taken during the match that ranked me up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0JtIP_NT9Y

Annnnndddddd peaked.

no way i reach Global Elite unless I switch careers and break up with the fiance, lol.

Was working on this for awhile though, so I'm pretty happy.

1382937204.jpg

edit:

I don't really know what represents a decent clip anymore, but i never use the awp and thought this was semi-decent, was taken during the match that ranked me up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0JtIP_NT9Y

Nice clip and congrats on the rank up :) the sped up video though makes your reflexes looks insane

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else watching EMS? NiP were up 13 - 2 and lost 16 - 14. I'm completely shocked. It's best of 3 so hopefully NiP can win the next 2 maps and face VeryGames in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom