• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else watching EMS? NiP were up 13 - 2 and lost 16 - 14. I'm completely shocked. It's best of 3 so hopefully NiP can win the next 2 maps and face VeryGames in the final.

NIP picked a bad time to stop being dominant with the 250k pot coming up. Astana Dragons beat them a few weeks ago.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
NIP picked a bad time to stop being dominant with the 250k pot coming up. Astana Dragons beat them a few weeks ago.

Apparently losing that map pissed NiP off because they've been destroying CW ever since. NiP vs VeryGames is going to be awesome.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've spent the majority of the last 2 days watching CS and I'm not even sorry.

It actually says that it's dedicated to Ninjas in Pyjamas on the Swedish official McDonalds website, there's even a NiP logo there.

http://www.mcdonalds.se/se/pa_mcdonald_s/aktuell_kampanj.html
They probably decided to capitalize on it and run with it. Makes sense. Sweden is probably only second to South Korea when it comes to e-sports exposure (possibly China and other east Asian countries I am somewhat ignorant of). I believe some competitions of Dreamhack is actually aired on SVT.

KingKong

halloween update featuring ghosts and chicken ghosts :D

R0ovhbc.jpg

F3wS4Ja.jpg

Lol, I love it.

Why no Halloween update for Dota 2? :'(

I think they had a really good explanation for that. They said
Play TF2 you traitor.

I hear competitive has a lot of griefers and cheaters. Which is a shame, because this is way better than casual mode nonsense with 20 players running around. Counter-Strike actually makes sense as 5v5.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I hear competitive has a lot of griefers and cheaters. Which is a shame, because this is way better than casual mode nonsense with 20 players running around. Counter-Strike actually makes sense as 5v5.

It's not as bad as it once was, especially if you get some friends together in a lobby.

Looks like my elo hell of this game is going to be getting past Gold Nova 3 without getting demoted to 2 and starting back up again.
Have had it happen three times now, it's getting quite irritating.

Awwwwwwwe yiss, just sold that AK-47 Black Laminate skin for $8. I never seem to get rare items in online games so I'm totally stoked. I prefer my jungle skin for the AK anyway.

Every server I join is incredibly laggy since the new patch.

Valve have become a bit of a joke in my eyes to be honest. Won't be returning until they bother to get their act together. I've been this particular version of Counter-Strike since the first day of the beta.

I don't know what's going over there but I have the lowest expectations for their OS and subsequent updates. Seems incredibly unfocused.

I think Valve is stretched pretty thin. TF2 especially has had pretty much just a few people taking stuff from the workshop/ community, slapping stats and a new name on them, and dropping them into the store for $5-15 to sustain the game for the past 2 or so years now. Mann vs. Machine was really the only notable original content, and everything else is basically fundraisers for community creators disguised as holiday updates.

kpeezy

Banned
Every server I join is incredibly laggy since the new patch.

Valve have become a bit of a joke in my eyes to be honest. Won't be returning until they bother to get their act together. I've been this particular version of Counter-Strike since the first day of the beta.

I don't know what's going over there but I have the lowest expectations for their OS and subsequent updates. Seems incredibly unfocused.

I don't have any lag issues. I only play some community DMs and competitive mode.

I do sometimes have the issue where my FPS drops to 50 or less for no reason and I have to restart the game to fix it. Also, the bug where the scoreboard disappears until you change resolution or reopen the game is stupid as hell.

I really like the gameplay though. Too bad it's the only game of it's kind.

Anyone else still experience odd blips of stutter ? Seems to happy more in casual mode. I can only assume its because its loading in whatever variety of weapons skins people are using. No so much of a problem in competitive.

Arms deal 2 is coming. Includes a Dreamhack case.

Zd6melR.jpg

PCfkY4x.jpg

weapons:
tec9 | titanium
m4a1-s | red tiger
famas | bluehex
p250 | redhex
scar20 | webs_darker
fiveseven | oiled
mp9 | vertigo
nova | crumple
elite | ossify red
p90 | slither
usp_silencer | electric red
ssg08 | shark

Linking with Twitch

Today’s update includes several changes to gameplay, along with map improvements, UI additions, and more.

The 2013 DreamHack SteelSeries CS:GO Championship is just a few weeks away, and the competition has been heating up. During the event, spectators of live matches will have a chance to receive keyless DreamHack Winter 2013 Souvenir Packages.
DHW2013SouvenirPackage.png

To become eligible for Souvenir Packages, all you have to do is watch the live tournament matches on GOTV, or watch on Twitch with a linked Steam account. You can get started here, or navigate to the Streams tab in the Watch menu. Just enter your Twitch and Steam account information, and you’ll be ready to go.

In addition to Souvenir Packages, linking your account is a great way to generate more viewers for your Twitch.tv channel. Stream your CS:GO matchmaking games on Twitch, and highly spectated matches will be featured as a Live match in the Watch menu!

Release Notes for 11/6/2013
[GAMEPLAY]
- Changed C4 planting sounds based on pro feedback. When planting the bomb, it plays an initialization sound that everyone can hear, but ONLY the player planting will hear the code typing sounds. This makes fake planting possible (similar to fake diffusing as a CT).
- All items now follow the same pick up sound rules (grenades, C4, weapons, defuse kits, etc):
-- If a player picks up an item while running, it plays a pickup sound that everyone can hear.
-- If a player picks up an item while moving silently, it plays a subtle pickup sound to ONLY the player picking it up.
- Weapons, grenades, and remaining money are now displayed as icons above player heads during freezetime. (Thanks R-arcHoniC)
- Fixed overhead teammate arrows not showing up in some cases.
- Fixed automatic observer target selection failing to find a controllable bot when a player was killed.

[MAPS]
- Cache:
-- Fixed lighting on prop in CT spawn.
-- Fixed buggy wallbangs at A main and B halls.
-- Fixed issue with dropping bomb behind spools in mid warehouse.
- Mirage:
-- Increased size of Bombsite A plant area.
-- Opened up skybox in T spawn.
-- Improvements to visibility throughout the map. (Thanks andzie!)
-- General optimizations.
-- Smoothed out movement in Bombsite B.

[UI]
- Added ability to link your Steam account to Twitch.tv account.
- Added Link to Twitch.tv button in Watch tab.
- Added more stats to the Spectator Graphs: Average Damage per Round, Headshot Percentage, Total Cash Earned.
- Fixed uncased knives with no finish displaying incorrectly in the GOTV and Demo UI.
- Fixed spectator weapon panel staying visible when switching to Roam camera.
- Fixed player panel appearing behind graphs.

[DEMOS]
- Work in progress improvements to demoui & demoplayer:
-- Seeking backward no longer reloads the map.
-- Can now seek to next/previous round start or player death.

[COMMUNITY]
- Fixed x-ray rules for coaches.
- Players can now become coaches during freezetime in addition to warmup.

KingKong

thats one way to get huge twitch numbers

really good update, I like the idea of changing weapon pickup sound with running vs walking

feel

If a player picks up an item while moving silently, it plays a subtle pickup sound to ONLY the player picking it up.
Nice. Sucks walking around a bunch of dropped nades like it's a fucking minefield when you're trying to sneak.

Nice update. I really like the stealth item pickup.

I think Valve is stretched pretty thin. TF2 especially has had pretty much just a few people taking stuff from the workshop/ community, slapping stats and a new name on them, and dropping them into the store for $5-15 to sustain the game for the past 2 or so years now. Mann vs. Machine was really the only notable original content, and everything else is basically fundraisers for community creators disguised as holiday updates.

Their rather lacking activity on their most popular game (Dota 2) is definitely an indication of this. I wonder what's going on over there.

YES.

sibarraz

Banned
Question, with this update you could stream from the game to twitch or we hadn't reached that point yet?

Also how could I drop a dreamhack case?

feel

Played 3 matches tonight and my bullets are hitting again like they were 2 weeks ago!! I think they stealth fixed the reg :-O

Aim punch seems to be toned down too not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom