• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Yeah saw that earlier. Makes you think why CsGO can't have something like the international. With 1 million prize or something.

Took the plung and put skins on Dignitas.

It would be entirely possible and reasonable but Valve is just too fucking gready.

Having only a 250,000$ price pool again after all the money we put up their asses is a shame.
I mean how much money does Valve make off cases, stickers, market sales and everything? Probably close to a million a day.
Let's assume they make over 300 million a year just from CS alone, is it really too much to ask for them to put let's say 3 million of that into the professional scene as a thank you for making the game grow?

nowarning

Just played some casual, how does the matchmaking work on this as I guess it doesn't take anything into account and just puts me in a random game? Just been in a game with some guy who had clocked 1,100 hours, I've got like 50 on CS GO haha. I've played CS on and off years but that wasn't even remotely fun :(

Rivitur

Banned
Told olof about the major announced yesterday. He wasn't surprised. I was disappointed at the prize pool not changing, but at least it's happening and that is the important thing. It was continue to grow and the prize pool better increase if they continue to hit the numbers they hit from dreamhack winter.

This is funny: https://twitter.com/LDLC_SmithZz/status/558976089905561603?s=09

All the euros are going to be grumpy today...
They should do a kick starter tournament at this point. Also tell Olof GAF said hi. ; )

All in on NA/ Kabum.

ironmang

If they increase the prize pool I hope they spread some of it around to regional qualifiers instead of just tacking it on top of the majors.

Rixxan

1st match at SMFC... kicked a cheater on my team and lost 16-4

valve pls

God I feel you bud.

The only thing I want from valve is, for presumably the first time in cs history, a built in next level can't fuck with anti-cheat.

I played 8 games yesterday at SMFC, I would literally bet half my life savings that there was at least one cheater in every game, ranked back down to LEM. I've never been someone who calls cheats easily, I know what it's like to be in the zone and to make magic happen in this game, but when you have the other team telling you to report them, on top of your suspicions, when you watch the demo and see the painfully obvious walling, sigh.

I'm getting so fucking tired of it.

People say go play esea or cevo, but that's not ELO.

Come ON valve, do something about this hugely popular game FFS.

ironmang

God I feel you bud.

The only thing I want from valve is, for presumably the first time in cs history, a built in next level can't fuck with anti-cheat.

I played 8 games yesterday at SMFC, I would literally bet half my life savings that there was at least one cheater in every game, ranked back down to LEM. I've never been someone who calls cheats easily, I know what it's like to be in the zone and to make magic happen in this game, but when you have the other team telling you to report them, on top of your suspicions, when you watch the demo and see the painfully obvious walling, sigh.

Seriously you guys should just get ESEA. Never have to worry about getting pissed at cheaters and can focus on your own gameplay. Plus you get better servers which is increasingly important these days when MM servers can go to rubberbanding dogshit for days at a time. You don't get ranks but the stats do a good enough job of replacing that to give you an idea where you stand against the rest of the site.

cHinzo

Told olof about the major announced yesterday. He wasn't surprised. I was disappointed at the prize pool not changing, but at least it's happening and that is the important thing. If it continues to grow and csgo hit the numbers they hit from dreamhack winter, the prize pool better increase.

This is funny: https://twitter.com/LDLC_SmithZz/status/558976089905561603?s=09

All the euros are going to be grumpy today...

At least those LDLC players left a couple days early. Dig, NiP and Fnatic left like 1 day before the event lol.

Rivitur

Banned
Last of my returns on kabum. If they lose then I just lost 12 skins in a single day. Haha.
Eh....I just say RiP now.. But I wish you luck!
I wonder how much of this cud got.

Also no one should have to get ESEA. The game should be enjoyable on it's own without people having to pay $8 a month.
Basically this^ all that crap makes CSGO look like a Blizzard game without the huge support.

I keep telling you odah and this goes for everyone never go all in.

Odah

Banned
7138dcaae7.png

This....is the way the world ends...

...but until that, I will fight another day.

It is not over yet...it will never be over...

I have returned. Rest in Piece to all of your skins. Yesterday was madness.

What really sad is that I knew Kabum would upset some team, but C9? wow :L

cHinzo

7138dcaae7.png

This....is the way the world ends...

...but until that, I will fight another day.

It is not over yet...it will never be over...

I have returned. Rest in Piece to all of your skins. Yesterday was madness.

What really sad is that I knew Kabum would upset some team, but C9? wow :L

The pain, Odah! Your betting carreer started out so well. RiP.

CoolS

Just put some bet ins yesterdy but didn't see any of the outcomes untill this afternoon. Hahaha, it must have been an amazing day. Lost a bit on fnatic LDLC, but won on NiP -dignitas and C9-NiP, so I'm happy

Omega

Banned
so with that loss CLG misses the playoffs right?

I don't see brackets anywhere on the MLG website so I can't even see if they have a chance to advance. I would assume not after that huge loss to Liquid and only winning 7 rounds today

chessnut

I don't see brackets anywhere on the MLG website so I can't even see if they have a chance to advance. I would assume not after that huge loss to Liquid and only winning 7 rounds today

Whoever wins is in, whoever losses is out

ironmang

Ya since everybody is 1-1 today and only 2 from each group advance, all matches are win or be eliminated. No tiebreaker situation.

impact

Banned
God I feel you bud.

It sucks because I want to play, but literally every time I q I know there's a 50% chance I just wasted my time with cheaters.

People who downplay the cheating issue in the game are the worst. The guy on my team said "I hack because I want to be global but people take this game too seriously"

Belongs in a mental institution if you ask me...

Yeah saw that earlier. Makes you think why CsGO can't have something like the international. With 1 million prize or something.

Because it's exhausting for Valve. They're organizing TI basically themselves. Some devs sell plushies, others take care of the press etc. That one Steam Dev Days already apparently took up most of the company's resources.

Because it's exhausting for Valve. They're organizing TI basically themselves. Some devs sell plushies, others take care of the press etc. That one Steam Dev Days already apparently took up most of the company's resources.
It's not as if they couldn't afford to hire a crew to handle that, but then that gets into the whole Valve ecosystem.

I find it interesting that CSGO pros let their ingame conversations be broadcast like that. As far as I know, Dota players don't like it at all. There was talk during the International their booth chatter would be available to viewers but it never happened, presumable because the players objected to it.

Guess it has something to do with Dota chatter possibly giving away long term and future strategies whereas CS is a lot more fluid with two minute rounds.

ironmang

I find it interesting that CSGO pros let their ingame conversations be broadcast like that. As far as I know, Dota players don't like it at all. There was talk during the International their booth chatter would be available to viewers but it never happened, presumable because the players objected to it.

Guess it has something to do with Dota chatter possibly giving away long term and future strategies whereas CS is a lot more fluid with two minute rounds.

I think they've got to realize that's something people want to hear and it'll bring more positive attention to coverage. If people want their strats they can just watch replays.

impact

Banned
Diggy got this

I want to see the cajunb I saw yesterday. Take some of the pressure off the allstars that can't frag on LAN device and dupreeh

never seen that Shahzam spot. nuts

n0thing running in with his back to where his team just got killed.... come on

Rivitur

Banned
Fnatic vs NIP is the only one worth betting on here unless you go Dig as the underdog which could very well happen but I'm not taking those chances. So Fnatic who lost to a very good LDLC team vs NiP who's only loss was on CT sided Nuke. On one hand Fnatic got crushed by a top tier team and hasn't been pushed much, but on the other hand NiP has gone to the wire vs Dignitas and lost to C9 only because of the map.

Help me oh wise CS-GAF.
C9 is a walking fashion show ;)

Edit: ended up going with NiP

Top Bottom